IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious. Sorry I've missed this. I'm sure it's been discussed!

There's a doc referenced several times in the thread from a Carroll County probation officer which outlines his probation violations which includes the info that he drove to the recycle center "on or about" that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. 3pm ET hearing today.

Argh, thought it was this morning. Any word from Twitter as to whether any reporters plan to be there or provide updates?

Given that the suspect has said "down the hill", and not, drag your friend down the hill, I'm inclined to believe that he was talking to both of the children, and that both of the children complied by walking down the hill. That would require that both were capable of walking.

It's easy to imagine many different scenarios, but I think it's important to start with a fact. For example, We have a still image of the suspect taken from a distance. There is no dog in the image. Although it is possible to imagine that the suspect has a dog, we should start with the fact that there is no dog in the photo.
He could have said ( Drag your friend) down the hill or something else - that too has been cropped by LE IMO. It is fact there is no dog in the pic but some have asked "If it is RL, where is the dog?" and this could answer that IMO.
I'm not sure if LE would leave in a recognisable dog anyway .

Agreed. I've edited photos for a living. This photo just looks like a cropped in zoom from a video, which is bad quality because of that. JMO.

What would LE's reasoning be for editing the photo and not telling the public? If it is edited, would knowing that help us narrow down who this person is? Probably not. JMO.

To answer my own question, I think if there was editing, they just cloned out another person who was also in the photo. JMO it may have been another person there that was passing BG on the bridge, and that person has been cleared. It would be a s**t show to release a photo of a person deemed innocent by LE next to BG. JMO.

I am interested in this bit that says a neighbour found the girls within minutes. Do you have a link for this please Dee?

I believe the search must have started in the morning and the girls were said to have been located just after noon so that doesn't make sense to me that they were found within minutes. I'll have to see if I can locate a timeline with LE quotes.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/timelin...iberty-german-and-abigail-williams-in-delphi/

Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017

Tuesday morning: The search resumes with teams of volunteers and police officers. The effort also includes K-9 units and dive teams.

Noon: Searchers find two bodies about a half-mile away from the bridge.

2 p.m. During a news conference, authorities announce the discovery of the bodies but give no indication of their identities. They say for the first time that “foul play” is suspected in connection with the case.

To answer my own question, I think if there was editing, they just cloned out another person who was also in the photo. JMO it may have been another person there that was passing BG on the bridge, and that person has been cleared. It would be a s**t show to release a photo of a person deemed innocent by LE next to BG. JMO.

I have thought this all along -- there may have been an unrelated person in the frame (or possibly Abby) and they were edited out so that focus could be solely on BG.

Wait, what? I thought it said he went to a "transit center." Did I wrongly assume that means a bus or train station?

Transfer. It's some kind of dump and recycling center. We have similar where I live but it's not called a transfer station.

I have thought this all along -- there may have been an unrelated person in the frame (or possibly Abby) and they were edited out so that focus could be solely on BG.

If that is the case, then I don't think the fact that it could be edited really matters. JMO. They're showing us this picture for a reason, they must believe this is someone who was involved, and the others that could have been in the photo are irrelevant.

Been a few weeks since I checked in. Had a lot going on. I'm going to go ahead and assume there is no new info? No new leads?

Regarding the images:

LEO Slocum: “...But the image I have is that photo, that's what I keep coming back to and trying to figure out what that face looks like and people say 'hey why don't you enhance the photo?' well we have, its a photo, a still image that we've created...from Liberty's phone, it's a video so we made a picture out of it, that's why it's blurry.”

IMO, after working with the photos with the zero knowledge that I have of such things, those pictures were absolutely created by combining, cutting, splicing, cloning, you name it, to get a "picture." That is not a bad thing, it was a necessary thing. JMO

Confusion reigns...

1. <modsnip> LE has not issued a cause of death, but opinions?

2. Lots of possibilities. Did the perp kill LG, then assault AW? <modsnip> Interesting. How could he assault both girls w/o one running?

3. Again, an inference is the girls may have been moved, that the area where they were found was searched the previous night. My opinion is the bodies may have been missed. Why would the killer risk bringing the bodies back to this location?

4. I do believe the killer is not local, had a vehicle, and is long gone. It's just that no one has identified a Delphi resident or a resident from the surrounding area.

5. On another note, the Evansdale murders of two young girls has never been solved. 350 miles away. Bodies were found 5 months later so no cause of death. Related?

6. Should residents be concerned? IMO everyone should be concerned, but who would ever think two girls could not safely take a walk/hike by themselves in small town America.

I wonder what sort of misinformation will be released and then retracted today. On days they release any sort of info reporters are putting out Tweets then deleting them and confusion ensues.

It usually takes an hour or more to find out what's really going on. So just warning you guys, but I'll probably ask for an update later. WS usually cuts away the confusion so I now simply come straight here.

I've seen it mentioned quite a few times now that RL is the only one that police are subjecting to the description "at this time" in relation to whether he's been definitively cleared or not.

So have we actually got links showing that LE themselves have categorically cleared the other people that came up in the investigation? As I recall at the time, individuals served earlier SWs continued to be the subject of much speculation on social media because LE used the same "at this time" disclaimer for everyone

For example :

http://fox59.com/2017/02/19/man-pho...ficially-a-suspect-in-deaths-of-delphi-teens/

On Thursday night, law enforcement officers executed a search warrant on a Delphi home on West Bicycle Bridge Road. The warrant was part of the ongoing investigation. Police say nobody at the home is being considered a suspect in the Delphi murder investigation at this time.

http://nwigazette.com/2017/02/19/isp-releases-photo-of-suspect-in-delphi-double-homicide/

On Thursday night, February 16th, law enforcement officers executed a search warrant on a home at 11036 West Bicycle Bridge Road, Delphi, IN. The warrant was part of the ongoing Delphi investigation. At this time, no person at this home is considered a suspect in the Delphi murder investigation.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/19/man-...-a-suspect-in-deaths-of-carroll-county-teens/

On Thursday night, law enforcement officers executed a search warrant on a Delphi home on West Bicycle Bridge Road. The warrant was part of the ongoing investigation. At this time, no person at the home is considered a suspect in the Delphi murder investigation

There were 2 articles a few days later that omitted the "at this time" part, but is that because LE themselves gave a clarifying statement? Or was it because some media sources began giving us their own interpretation of the original LE statement?

I could see possibly Abby, but if there was another (unrelated) person on the Bridge during that time, I'd have a hard time imagining BG would do something with someone else around or the girls not yelling to them for help, if he did.

jmo

Wait, what? I thought it said he went to a "transit center." Did I wrongly assume that means a bus or train station?
I think the term was 'transfer station' meaning a waste transfer station.

Been a few weeks since I checked in. Had a lot going on. I'm going to go ahead and assume there is no new info? No new leads?

Unfortunately, no new leads. Still lots of RL discussion.

I've seen it mentioned quite a few times now that RL is the only one that police are subjecting to the description "at this time" in relation to whether he's been definitively cleared or not.

So have we actually got links showing that LE themselves have categorically cleared the other people that came up in the investigation? As I recall at the time, individuals served earlier SWs continued to be the subject of much speculation on social media because LE used the same "at this time" disclaimer for everyone

For example :

http://fox59.com/2017/02/19/man-pho...ficially-a-suspect-in-deaths-of-delphi-teens/

http://nwigazette.com/2017/02/19/isp-releases-photo-of-suspect-in-delphi-double-homicide/

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/19/man-...-a-suspect-in-deaths-of-carroll-county-teens/

There were 2 articles a few days later that omitted the "at this time" part, but is that because LE themselves gave a clarifying statement? Or was it because some media sources began giving us their own interpretation of the original LE statement?

I think opinion may be based on police having discussed RL at greater length and at a more individual level than others.

For example, they said they are either trying to clear him or look at him closer here.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-no-suspects-in-the-murders-of-libby-and-abby

Fox59 has a timeline.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/timelin...iberty-german-and-abigail-williams-in-delphi/

Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017

Tuesday morning: The search resumes with teams of volunteers and police officers. The effort also includes K-9 units and dive teams.

Noon: Searchers find two bodies about a half-mile away from the bridge.

2 p.m. During a news conference, authorities announce the discovery of the bodies but give no indication of their identities. They say for the first time that “foul play” is suspected in connection with the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper