IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a good one !
Off to the trenches to earn a pretty penny.

Nope - speculating that he accessed the bridge from the SE end of the bridge, but why would he park at the cemetery and dress in a way that would obscure his identity if he didn't have a targeted victim(s) and a plan? Was he parked at the North entrance when people were arriving at the park - looking for a victim - and then he put his plan into action? If so, people who were at the park need to think harder about what they saw at the parking area that day between 11 and 1PM.

Could he have originally been after the woman(who saw the couple) but then the girls showed up?

And that could help me wrap my head around crossing the creek with the girls. If he had crossed it once, then he knew where to cross the other way. One question though, his shoes or boots, don't look like waders or wellies. Has he taken them off?

I wonder the same. If maybe LE found discarded boots tried to match them to imprint and get BG s DNA off them too. IMO

Isn't there also a path from the cemetery and CS on the North side of the creek that leads across the creek via the Monon High Bridge? No need to get wet trousers then and it would put BG on the bridge walking South as shown in the video stills. JMO.

This is how I think he got across but, when reading Otto's scenario, I remembered how Julie Melvin remarked in her video that you could practically get across before you would get wet. So, hmmm.

I agree, good question. A recent charge of obstruction of justice means he attempted to pervert the course of justice by misleading LE in some way during an investigation. Could this have to do with his alibi? Of course this is purely speculation on my part.
As the other two charges were pleaded out then LE may not have had enough evidence. The TS charge was on video so was admitted to. He lied about driving himself IMO but they had the video evidence. The other two must have been about drinking alcohol and having access to his car so those two were not pushed as he admitted the TS offence. MOO.

Good morning Otto!

Let me try to see where you are going with this. So, parking at the cemetery. But are you saying he walked across the bridge (from north to south) and laid wait, and then entered the bridge from the south once the girls were on? Or are you saying that he waded across the creek and then entered the bridge from the south?

I have a question for you; if he did park at the cemetery, do you think it possible he used the deer stand to scope things out?

Was it deer season February 13? I've wondered this myself. Unless it was his deer stand, it would seem unlikely he would park himself on someone else's stand if it were deer season and there was a chance the owner would be using it. JMO

This is how I think he got across but, when reading Otto's scenario, I remembered how Julie Melvin remarked in her video that you could practically get across before you would get wet. So, hmmm.

Her video came much later. Someone posted charts of the creek levels over the month somewhere upthread. Levels had dropped dramatically since 2/12

Was it deer season February 13? I've wondered this myself. Unless it was his deer stand, it would seem unlikely he would park himself on someone else's stand if it were deer season and there was a chance the owner would be using it. JMO

See great thought by you and Website I wondered if he hid in the stand after as well as before. But wouldn't a helicopter have spotted this? I'm curious.

That's cheeky! Get us discussing your theories and leave us in the middle!:fence:

Sneaky isn't it?

Since waders were mentioned, I'll just pop up to remind everyone that LE came away with some waders at the time of the bomb scare at the meat packing plant...remember? No link handy but can find if needed.

Great post, and MOO is BG is wearing a disguise. He could have bought it just before the murders at a Rural King or some other store here in the Midwest. .

Though I think a disguise is definetly possible, I don't think he is wearing one. BG's clothing reflects a Midwestern blue collar worker or farmer exactly- right down to the layered clothing, non trendy jeans and boots. I wore those clothes while working in the Midwest. Though these clothes are easily available and anybody can buy them, trying to duplicate a total look can be hard.

For example, I could easily walk into a store selling urban youth ware and buy clothing for the hip hop look. But, unless I really studied the matter, hip hop types would probably identify my clothing as a shell as the look would not be complete, or some aspects would be exaggerated.

Duplicating a mid western farmer or industrial worker would be easier as there is less "gear" and no rapidly changing fashions. But even still, BG's possible disguise would be very good. I am going to go for Occam's razor and bet that BG's clothing reflects who BG is.
members have commented on the jeans, to me they look stiff, as in not broken in.
I agree with you here. BG jeans are probably not only new, but could be a variant of the Tuff Skins line that I used to wear when I worked in industrial plants. These jeans have extra thick denim to prevent tears. When new, they are very stiff and even hurt a little when squatting. To me, this possible "touch" reduces the possibility of a disguise as it shows true knowledge of the "look".

Good Morning!

I'm curious about everyone's thoughts about how this unfolded.

I'm assuming that the suspect parked his vehicle in the trees at the South end of the cemetery, and that he accessed the bridge from the SE end. If that is true, was he at the North entrance to the park when the girls arrived? Did he have another victim in mind, perhaps he saw a single woman in the parking area? What led him to park in a secluded area and look for a victim in the park?

Also, given that there is a somewhat similar murder 5 years ago in Iowa, is there an industry that is common in Iowa and Indiana, and a job that doesn't involve long hauling? Although it may seem unlikely that two similar murders five years apart are related, look at Joran van der Sloot - two similar murders five years apart.
It seems to me someone made a connection with the meat packing plant? Not sure if it was in Iowa, though.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files/fw-hunting_trapping_seasons.pdf

It looks as though deer season varies depending on type of weapon used and purpose. But it looks to be generally September through January.

So, it would not be in use by the owner for deer but you make an excellent point about using someone else's stand on their land. Doesn't seem feasible after all. Shot that theory to pieces for me!

Deer season is autumn into early winter. It's over with before February. IIRC

Nope - speculating that he accessed the bridge from the SE end of the bridge, but why would he park at the cemetery and dress in a way that would obscure his identity if he didn't have a targeted victim(s) and a plan? Was he parked at the North entrance when people were arriving at the park - looking for a victim - and then he put his plan into action? If so, people who were at the park need to think harder about what they saw at the parking area that day between 11 and 1PM.

Wouldn't his trousers have been wet in the photos if he crossed the creek before he approached the girls? Just wondering. I thought maybe he parked at cemetery and headed out to stalk his victim (hiding in woods along trail). He watched them until they got on the bridge and followed them, steering them down toward the area he had planned to escape. After abducting, attacking and killing his victims, he headed back up to the cemetery and escaped. JM thoughts (not even an opinion). They may have run across the creek, trying to escape, or he may have forced them to cross after attacking them on the bridge side. There may have been a crime scene (attack site) near the bridge and a crime scene (where the girls were found murdered). JMO, MOO.

No. The photo of the property owner has been augmented so that his coat is the same shape as the suspect's coat, and the pants are equally augmented.
Yes, RL's picture has been messed with. However, back 4,5, 6 threads ago, someone had someone compare RL and BG side by side, with no manipulation whatsoever. (Except to put them side by side). Don't know why people have since fooled with the comparison. There was no need. That comparison alone was haunting, to say the least. I can't recall who the poster was either.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member