IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you don't mean that your small children drive but an ankle monitor would keep him home and not driving. IF he is an alcoholic, which is not proven but has been speculated then he has a disease and we do not imprison people who have illnesses. I am disgusted. This so-called community surely didn't stand up to assist this 75 year old man when he couldn't drive. Couldn't someone have collected his trash - out of basic kindness?

What happens to his beloved horses, goats and dog? Who will care for them? Who will care for his farm and home? An ankle monitor would serve the intended result - to keep him from driving even when his alcoholic brain tells him to do so.

There are better ways to accomplish the goal. Force the sale of his vehicle, arrange for trash pickup to his home, ankle monitor, etc. This punishment is entirely too severe and he will likely die in jail after a long, productive and peaceful life. NO!.

None of that would be an issue if he'd adhered to the terms of probation. It's his own fault and he should be and was held accountable for thumbing his nose at the law. He's a habitual offender, not a first timer.

"ron logan who owns land where two Delphi girls murdered gets 3.5 years for driving crimes but is not deaths suspect"

Looking forward to more on that statement in the hopes the discussion here can ease away from comparing him to BG.
JMO

This is a blessing on so many levels. RL is locked up for awhile and hopefully he will be given hard core services to ditch the sauce (alcohol). It also allows for ppl to re-sleuth other avenues because there are many to discover in this case and RL is the wrong street all around. JMO

Maybe this isn't it for him. Maybe he knows something/someone that he wouldn't give up. Maybe they're playing hardball to show them they're dead serious. This is what you get for not cooperating and giving us what we want, now that you see that- maybe you want to deal?

Maybe they could have just said, we have a sweet deal for you if you give up the information we need. It's is a little Stalin-esque to go all the way to the mat and give three and half years of prison to someone to see if it gets you what you want. Those deals are made before trials and sentences.

He would known before today that he was facing prison time so since he gave them nothing, he has nothing, in my view.

I certainly think that he had some form of punishment coming but the ankle bracelet would have been a just enough sentence in my mind. You have zero freedom but to be in your home. And given that he has farm animals, that would allow him to continue that. I am sure that there would have been other requirements to go along with that.

A 78 year old man in prison? I cannot help that I feel for the man a little.

Maybe he should've respected the law and the terms of his probation. If someone has a problem with that, they should work to change the laws. IMO.

Maybe they could have just said, we have a sweet deal for you if you give up the information we need. It's is a little Stalin-esque to go all the way to the mat and give three and half years of prison to someone to see if it gets you what you want. Those deals are made before trials and sentences.

He would known before today that he was facing prison time so since he gave them nothing, he has nothing, in my view.

Not really, IMO, not if he deserves it already.

Take his keys and impound the truck like he could't get access to another? That's why he's sentenced to 3.5 years. The laws are on the books in Indiana and the judge sentenced him within the law as he should have.

Should we show leniency to a mentally ill SK? I'm no doctor but I'd think anyone who killed multiple people is sick in the head. Does that excuse their callously taking the lives of others? Not in my world. IMO
They should have enforced his probation years ago. They let him keep his truck across the road for heaven's sake. His truck should have been impounded then.

I'm not making excuses for this guy nor am I defending his behavior,
but LE should have had him off the road and the inability to be on the road a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Is that Sheriff Leazenby behind him?

Attachments

• IMG_8686.JPG
    IMG_8686.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 61
Anyone know the parole parameters in Indiana? Does he have to serve 3.5 years?

I was just about to ask the same..

In the UK its usually half on good behaviour and some of that can be done using the electronic tagging system.

I can read into it. Refusing to take responsibility for his violating laws and probation and blaming the murders landing in his backyard for his troubles. IMO He broke the law, whether he got caught as an aside to the law breaking.

I also wonder about the obstruction charge being dropped if the prosecutor didn't want to have to reveal more than they're prepared to at this time. JMO

BBM

No you can't. You do not know anything about the man's mental condition at this point unless you are a mental health professional and assigned to diagnose him.

It is a clinical fact that some people his age really begin to break down under extreme stress and do and say crazy things.

I watched my father go through the same thing when he was battling cancer and trying to take care of my mom, who has Alzheimer's, obviously extremely stressful.

He exhibited the same strange sentence structure that RL has been scrutinized for in his interviews (example: using the word disaster instead of tragedy), struggling to find the right words and then blurting out the closest word his brain could retrieve.

I am seen a couple of people discuss a photo that has, in their words, not been altered that shows BG and rL together.
with all due respect, if there is a photo with them together, it has been altered and there is no way to determine if it is the correct proportion or not.
In respect to his sentencing, I hope that they gave him the punishment because they know he is guilty (eta of murder) When there are people that kill their children "by child abuse" and get only probation for two years… That kind of puts it in perspective. Those people will likely get out after only a year if that. This man is likely to spend the rest of his days in jail. For all of those judging, I am almost certain that there are many of you breaking the law here and there. Do you ever speed in your car? That is dangerous and can kill people. Judgment is a dangerous thing. All my opinion.

RL has not been convicted of murder, therefore, his sentence cannot take a "suspicion" into account. If the length of his prison sentence is consistent with the pv and previous (and new) violations, it would be hard to argue that his sentencing reflects "they think he did it." IMO
My, I am feisty this morning.

Ok, so if he is not involved in the murders ( which, imo I never thought he was) WHY have LE not publicly cleared him? WHY?! It makes no sense- someone (or more than one) is out there who killed 2 little girls! I wpuld think LE would want the public to focus on that fact!!! Wth?! IMO

None of that would be an issue if h'd adhered to the terms of probation. It's his own fault and he should be and was held accountable for thumbing his nose at the law. He's a habitual offender, not a first timer.

How will he be stopped from habitual behaviors by prison time?

Punishment and consequences works on the average person who learns from the consequence and is self-correcting after the delivery of the consequence. People with compulsive and habitual behaviors don't self-correct because of punitive outcomes.

It feels good to punish in these cases perhaps, but whether or not it's effective is the issue. And it's not.

Ok, so if he is not involved in the murders ( which, imo I never thought he was) WHY have LE not publicly cleared him? WHY?! It makes no sense- someone (or more than one) is out there who killed 2 little girls! I wpuld think LE would want the public to focus on that fact!!! Wth?! IMO

I also agree with this. It would take a few minutes of their time to say this.

The only thing I can think is that there is DNA from the house they are waiting on.

I found this "credit time calculator". IIRC someone mentioned a few pages back that he was convicted of a Level 6 Felony. According to the calculator if he's not 'credit restricted' then he'd fall under Credit Class A and get 1 day of credit for every day served, cutting his actual time served in half. I'm not sure I'm using this tool accurately though so someone else might want to give it a go: https://publicaccess.courts.in.gov/CTCALC/
Anyone know the parole parameters in Indiana? Does he have to serve 3.5 years?

I think I have an idea about what the white is partially outside the BG's clothing. Being that I think this is premeditated, the BG had a gun on him. I think most would say he had a .45 caliber inside the right side of his jacket. I believe the white marking could be plastic handcuffs, which is called many things on-line: PlatiCuffs, FlexiCuffs, zip ties, etc.

Here is a link: https://www.keepshooting.com/plastic-zip-tie-handcuffs.html

They also have these on Ebay for around $1 each. They are lightweight, easy to transport, and can only be used one time. I don't think the white markings are part of a shirt. It is almost on the BG's neck. So, it has to be something else. This would be a way that he could have easily subdued them and it also fits in nicely inside his jacket. It is also on the right side by the gun, which indicates he had both on that side because he is left-handed. Hope this helps. All of these are my opinion and no one else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay