IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You and others are right.

However, he was not charged with drunk driving as part of his VP. He was charged with driving to the recycling center, having his truck and having a drink at the Pizza place. NO drunk driving involved that we're aware of. He simply broke his probation.

If he goes into general population, I'm pretty sure he'll wish he had done things differently. I'm surprised that the judge would hand down such a harsh sentence knowing how publicized the murder has been.

Good point about the speculation of him being involved. IMO
:gaah:

A tag would do that and he wasnt charged with being drunk while driving to the dump, but just with driving while suspended.
RL wasn't pulled over by LE during the drive to TS so there's no evidence of him driving under the influence for the umpteenth time. RL's trip to the TS was discovered during the process of an investigation.

Not really, IMO, not if he deserves it already.

So what did the state gain? A 'he deserved it anyway, so what the heck if we lost that badly played hand' outcome, it would seem.

Prison won't change his behavior.

Is that Sheriff Leazenby behind him?
I believe it is. And this baffles me as well. With respect to LE, why so many at hearings and sentencings for pv's??? Aren't there bigger fish to fry? Getting frustrated now. This is all so weird. JMO

I also agree with this. It would take a few minutes of their time to say this.

The only thing I can think is that there is DNA from the house they are waiting on.
I hope so. I really hope they have something. None of this makes any sense. IMO

I was just about to ask the same..

In the UK its usually half on good behaviour and some of that can be done using the electronic tagging system.
i just posted a link above that shows good time in the state of indiana and how it is applied.

How will he be stopped from habitual behaviors by prison time?

Punishment and consequences works on the average person who learns from the consequence and is self-correcting after the delivery of the consequence. People with compulsive and habitual behaviors don't self-correct because of punitive outcomes.

It feels good to punish in these cases perhaps, but whether or not it's effective is the issue. And it's not.

He could've recognized his addiction to alcohol was something stronger than he is. He could've voluntarily sought treatment as many, many other people do who recognize their lives are in deep Bandini and they know they have to change it. No excuse because everything that happened is a result of his choices. IMO

Russ McQuaid‏Verified account
@RussMcQuaidNews

Follow
More
during driving violation sentencing Delphi property owner Ron Logan says "maybe in future no one else will be murdered in my backyard"
8:50 AM - 10 Apr 2017

https://twitter.com/RussMcQuaidNews/with_replies

Trying to not read to much into this..but what an odd statement IMOO!

I don't find this odd. I think he just means that the only reason he was in this situation (being caught out) is because of murders taking place on his land.

"ron logan who owns land where two Delphi girls murdered gets 3.5 years for driving crimes but is not deaths suspect"

Looking forward to more on that statement in the hopes the discussion here can ease away from comparing him to BG.
JMO

:thinking:
Was this "but is not deaths suspect" actually said in open court today, or is that from before?

I'm really sorry but...MOO

If this was an everyday Joe...no matter the age.. and they violated, habitually, their probation for DWI!, he was on probation for DWI! He was seen drinking a beer at the pizza place, did he drive, we don't know! His probation said no drinking! His probation said no driving!

If this was an every day Joe...would people still be so shocked...so upset that he was sentenced, for what some seem as harsh?

Why does his age EXCUSE him for the laws others have to follow?

He has been given several chances, he choose to carry on with his business. He got caught. Period!

I WISH more habitual offenders would get the same! Maybe all offenders would get their crap together...

I'm tired of this ooOo poor Mr. Logan...how mean we all are about his PV.

this is MOO! And this post in no way has anything to do with the person(s) who murdered Abby and Libby, that is a completely different thing.

So, all those who think RL is BG, if RL cannot even get away with driving while suspended, how did he get away with this perfectly planned abduction and double homicide?

Ok, so if he is not involved in the murders ( which, imo I never thought he was) WHY have LE not publicly cleared him? WHY?! It makes no sense- someone (or more than one) is out there who killed 2 little girls! I wpuld think LE would want the public to focus on that fact!!! Wth?! IMO

One sad reason, possibly: they have no idea who did this, none, and that means maybe having no idea if RL was involved even if in some peripheral manner. If they come out and say he's cleared, and later evidence turns up otherwise, they've maybe screwed their case. And possibly lose leverage if they get evidence that he was indirectly involved. IMO.....(And I personally don't think RL was involved in any way, but if they don't know, they don't know...)

I wish we had another thread for people who wanted to discuss RL's drinking habits, etc.

So what did the state gain? A 'he deserved it anyway, so what the heck if we lost that badly played hand' outcome, it would seem.

Prison won't change his behavior.

They gained him out of the way for quite awhile. That's a certainty. That in itself could be something they want.
Or, if they think he has info and now he knows he's going to sit for awhile- he may be a little more willing to give up anything he knows to better his sentence (change to house arrest/shorten considerably for good behaviour/change to intensive rehab facility) because they're going to find the info anyhow. I know people who wouldn't give up family for a prison sentence. Maybe they did play and lose their hand.

Was this "but is not deaths suspect" actually said in open court today, or is that from before?
i believe it was said by a reporter on twitter. Odd to talk about the two together.

Thank you Mercedes. I should have replied with quote in my original post. From #617

Russ McQuaid ✔ @RussMcQuaidNews ron logan who owns land where two Delphi girls murdered gets 3.5 years for driving crimes but is not deaths suspect
[video=twitter;851462979874955264]https://twitter.com/RussMcQuaidNews/status/851462979874955264[/video]

ETA I believe the original timestamp on tweet is 8:52

One sad reason, possibly: they have no idea who did this, none, and that means maybe having no idea if RL was involved even if in some peripheral manner. If they come out and say he's cleared, and later evidence turns up otherwise, they've maybe screwed their case. And possibly lose leverage if they get evidence that he was indirectly involved. IMO.....(And I personally don't think RL was involved in any way, but if they don't know, they don't know...)

Thank you! I totally agree.

So, all those who think RL is BG, if RL cannot even get away with driving while suspended, how did he get away with this perfectly planned abduction and double homicide?

If RL turns out to be good for the murders, no one got away, have they? Until LE officially clears RL I'm going to think what I think because I'm not privy to what LE knows about the facts and evidence in these murders. IMO

I also agree with this. It would take a few minutes of their time to say this.

The only thing I can think is that there is DNA from the house they are waiting on.

Perhaps they have evidence that connects him to the crime in some way, even if he wasn't solely responsible. So perhaps they can't clear him at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member