IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, all those who think RL is BG, if RL cannot even get away with driving while suspended, how did he get away with this perfectly planned abduction and double homicide?

MOO is RL should be off-limits, now. He wasn't involved in the murders, he would've been charged by now if that were the case, or if he was hiding evidence, etc.

For weeks I've seen people fill thread after thread on here with this and that about RL. A big nothingburger, really.

Ok, so if he is not involved in the murders ( which, imo I never thought he was) WHY have LE not publicly cleared him? WHY?! It makes no sense- someone (or more than one) is out there who killed 2 little girls! I wpuld think LE would want the public to focus on that fact!!! Wth?! IMO

JMO, I think LE is trying to slow down the internet crazies. There has been so many cases that LE arrest ppl on other unrelated charges while investigating the current crime. LE even stated that they made numerous arrests while investigating that do not pertain to the murder. They (LE) sealed the autopsy report so they are not interested in giving us the fine details. Quite frankly they have every right to keep everything they have recovered quiet. We are not privy to anything thhat they have. PC's are a courtsey and not required. JMO

Prison is punitive and not corrective, and that's kind of the point of depriving a citizen of their freedoms we enjoy in this country. Actions have consequences, and when you get caught time after time, you're going to probably be sitting in a cell. IMO

Yes, this is my point. Punishment does nothing but punish. As I said, it's only people who can learn from consequences who SELF-correct as a result of them. So if RL lives past prison, he'll be right back to his habits. I would think tax payer dollars could be better spent.

IMO, rather than taking responsibility for his own behavior, it appears he is blaming his situation on the murders. Sad.
Yes. It's a shame really to make such a statement. No regard for the families.

Has anyone considered they are being so harsh because of factors we are unaware of?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MOO is RL should be off-limits, now. He wasn't involved in the murders, he would've been charged by now if that were the case, or if he was hiding evidence, etc.

For weeks I've seen people fill thread after thread on here with this and that about RL. A big nothingburger, really.

Awesome post because so many things have been missed theory wise while RL was put on the top of the cake.

I can read into it. Refusing to take responsibility for his violating laws and probation and blaming the murders landing in his backyard for his troubles. IMO He broke the law, whether he got caught as an aside to the law breaking.

I also wonder about the obstruction charge being dropped if the prosecutor didn't want to have to reveal more than they're prepared to at this time. JMO
Exactly. There may be factors at play we are unaware of.

LE has all but cleared him, in my opinion. But they can't really come out and say he has no involvement at all until they know who the killer is. Imo, clearly they do not.

BBM

I think I can safely say than none of us do either Bemused.

He may not be on the road but there are plenty who are who will take his place and do so every day. Heck, just listen to the number of members here who have confessed to having a DUI/OWI etc.

I'm not excusing what he did. Only stating that there needs to be a better way to deal with those with addictions.

From personal experience dealing with the court system I can say it is screwed up. A real broken mess.

It would be interesting to hear from those members that have admitted to a past DUI/OWI. Is this 1st or at worst 2nd that they've received in the past or even present? Anyone here willing to admit their rap sheet is similar to RL? RL is a habitual offender with absolute disregard for the law. Delphi community and Carroll County are sitting safer today. As always this is OMI.

Hard to say. If his place is paid off and he has a relative who can keep the property taxes up, there likely won't be a problem, assuming his health remains. He'll likely be going to a facility with in house rehabilitation services, so his health may actually improve. This might be the best thing that could happen to him, all things considered.
He will have to complete one third of his sentence before he can ask for parole. At least in MI that's how it is.

Yes. It's a shame really to make such a statement. No regard for the families.

Has anyone considered they are being so harsh because of factors we are unaware of?

I do not think he is blaming the families personally. Every time RL speaks there is a huge debate. He just doesn't word things correctly. I think he means the whole investigation and the internet rumors ruined his life in a public way. If there was no murder, his probation problems would go undetected and not being called a killer like he has been. JMO

You can tell that from a blurry photo?

ETA No one knows what happened or what evidence LE has except LE. Maybe there was a good deal of evidence or maybe this was a seasoned killer who left little. We don't know that so I won't venture a guess as to BG's intelligence.

Certainly not by the photos but by the facts that BG has not been caught committing his offence yet but RL has been caught committing his.

"ron logan who owns land where two Delphi girls murdered gets 3.5 years for driving crimes but is not deaths suspect"

Looking forward to more on that statement in the hopes the discussion here can ease away from comparing him to BG.
JMO
I wonder if the results came back from the SW. What was that about?

I'm really sorry but...MOO

If this was an everyday Joe...no matter the age.. and they violated, habitually, their probation for DWI!, he was on probation for DWI! He was seen drinking a beer at the pizza place, did he drive, we don't know! His probation said no drinking! His probation said no driving!

If this was an every day Joe...would people still be so shocked...so upset that he was sentenced, for what some seem as harsh?

Why does his age EXCUSE him for the laws others have to follow?

He has been given several chances, he choose to carry on with his business. He got caught. Period!

I WISH more habitual offenders would get the same! Maybe all offenders would get their crap together...

I'm tired of this ooOo poor Mr. Logan...how mean we all are about his PV.

this is MOO! And this post in no way has anything to do with the person(s) who murdered Abby and Libby, that is a completely different thing.

Totally agree. I think everyone needs to learn how to separate these charges from his PV's and jail time. They are not linked. They have zero to do with each other.

The courts didn't give him "more time" because they suspect him of the murders.
The DA/Judge didn't give him "more time" because he wasn't cooperating in the murder investigations.
The guards didn't shackle him because they suspect him of the murders.
There isn't more security there because they suspect him of the murders.

The bodies were found on RL's property and the whole world is watching every move made by this itty bitty town. (LE, courts, judges)...They did what they had to do.

It is what it is.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rty-owner-sentenced-probation-case/100280706/

During the sentencing hearing, deputy prosecutor Jerry Bean said the man's trip to the dump took place before the girls were dropped off at a hiking trail near his property.

Surveillance video from the transfer station "clearly shows" the property owner driving his truck to drop off a load of trash, Bean said.

Previously, Bean declined to comment on when the man visited the dump or if it was related to Delphi's ongoing double homicide investigation.

The man also was accused of consuming an alcoholic beverage Feb. 27 at a Pizza King restaurant in Americus.

"It had absolutely nothing to do with (the Delphi killings)," he said during the hearing.

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member