IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome post because so many things have been missed theory wise while RL was put on the top of the cake.

I was concerned it would be a huge distraction, and that turned out to be the case. The guy has had a drinking problem for years, and there was a search of his property which clearly turned up nothing, we would have heard about evidence taken, by now, even if it were rumors/conjecture.

How many newer members, lurkers, etc., get thrown off by all the posts on here about RL and the search?

i believe it was said by a reporter on twitter. Odd to talk about the two together.

Good grief, the reporter is covering his azz. It's just like the other online publication that won't even publish his name. They don't want to accuse an innocent man of 2 horrific murders.

So I wonder if someone could twitter and ask LE point blank if RL has been officially cleared, so we can all move on! all of this inconsistent and ambiguous reporting is not helpful at all! MOO

They gained him out of the way for quite awhile. That's a certainty. That in itself could be something they want.
Or, if they think he has info and now he knows he's going to sit for awhile- he may be a little more willing to give up anything he knows to better his sentence (change to house arrest/shorten considerably for good behaviour/change to intensive rehab facility) because they're going to find the info anyhow. I know people who wouldn't give up family for a prison sentence. Maybe they did play and lose their hand.

The amount of time he will actually serve depends on other factors right now. For several reasons I can think of, it might be the safest place for him to be until more is resolved. Sad for everyone involved.

I do not think he is blaming the families personally. Every time RL speaks there is a huge debate. He just doesn't word things correctly. I think he means the whole investigation and the internet rumors ruined his life in a public way. If there was no murder, his probation problems would go undetected and not being called a killer like he has been. JMO
It's 80 yo person logic and speech IMO. He will look at it as his bad luck and not his fault necessarily. I think that's what he probably means.

Totally agree. I think everyone needs to learn how to separate these charges from his PV's and jail time. They are not linked. They have zero to do with each other.

The courts didn't give him "more time" because they suspect him of the murders.
The DA/Judge didn't give him "more time" because he wasn't cooperating in the murder investigations.
The guards didn't shackle him because they suspect him of the murders.
There isn't more security there because they suspect him of the murders.

The bodies were found on RL's property and the whole world is watching every move made by this itty bitty town. (LE, courts, judges)...They did what they had to do.

It is what it is.

:goodpost:

It would be interesting to hear from those members that have admitted to a past DUI/OWI. Is this 1st or at worst 2nd that they've received in the past or even present? Anyone here willing to admit their rap sheet is similar to RL? RL is a habitual offender with absolute disregard for the law. Delphi community and Carroll County are sitting safer today. As always this is OMI.

In a lot of states, first offense is a low-level misdemeanor, but the second could result in a felony charge, in some states that is mandatory. Whether the offender is convicted of the felony charge could be of a rather subjective nature, depending on the judge, the jurisdiction, the state, or even other factors. One thing to keep in mind is RL is a habitual offender, and has at least three drunk driving convictions (I forget how many in total). Indiana doesn't take that lightly.

I was convicted of misdemeanor DWI in NY some years ago. Now I live in Indiana and take Uber when I hang out with friends at a local watering hole. First offense in most states is a slap on the wrist, with some fines. After that, things can get much more stiff, with regards to jail time and penalties.

This is a blessing on so many levels. RL is locked up for awhile and hopefully he will be given hard core services to ditch the sauce (alcohol). It also allows for ppl to re-sleuth other avenues because there are many to discover in this case and RL is the wrong street all around. JMO

He could've recognized his addiction to alcohol was something stronger than he is. He could've voluntarily sought treatment as many, many other people do who recognize their lives are in deep Bandini and they know they have to change it. No excuse because everything that happened is a result of his choices. IMO
Agreed! Choices determine either results or consequences.

[video=twitter;851475719645532160]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/851475719645532160[/video]

Rich Van Wyk‏@VanwykWTHR 24m
24 minutes ago

8 weeks after the murder of #Delphigirls Abby and Libby detectives are looking for a break in the case leading them to this guy #wthr
Where are these reporters getting their quotes?

I think they are just pulling shizz out of their arzes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jax, I respect your opinion because you seem to be one of the more rational posters here, but all that judge is saying is the charges RL faced and was sentenced to *today* had nothing to do with the murders. That doesn't say RL may or may not be responsible for the murders. LE has not said if they have identified anyone, and until they do, we just won't know. IMO

ETA correction: prosecutor not judge

I found this "credit time calculator". IIRC someone mentioned a few pages back that he was convicted of a Level 6 Felony. According to the calculator if he's not 'credit restricted' then he'd fall under Credit Class A and get 1 day of credit for every day served, cutting his actual time served in half. I'm not sure I'm using this tool accurately though so someone else might want to give it a go: https://publicaccess.courts.in.gov/CTCALC/

I'm not sure either but I get the same result.

In a lot of states, first offense is a low-level misdemeanor, but the second could result in a felony charge, in some states that is mandatory. Whether the offender is convicted of the felony charge could be of a rather subjective nature, depending on the judge, the jurisdiction, the state, or even other factors. One thing to keep in mind is RL is a habitual offender, and has at least three drunk driving convictions (I forget how many in total). Indiana doesn't take that lightly.

I was convicted of misdemeanor DWI in NY some years ago. Now I live in Indiana and take Uber when I hang out with friends at a local watering hole. First offense in most states is a slap on the wrist, with some fines. After that, things can get much more stiff, with regards to jail time and penalties.

I had 2 DUIs in the early 80s and lost my license for 2 years.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize at the time that I was an alcoholic... and got a 3rd DUI within 2 years after I got my license back.

I was going to be declared a habitual offender and also lose my license for 10 years... but the judge instead sentenced me to 2 weekends in jail and 2 more years of driving only to and from work.

I finally realized I was an alcoholic shortly afterwards and joined AA....and only by them and the grace of God have not taken a drink in 30 years.

People do fall victim to drugs and alcohol and everyone (including RL) has to find his own "bottom" before you give up and seek help....OR die of the disease.

Nobody has been cleared so is everybody a suspect ?

He is quite clearly not involved in any shape or form.

Everybody hasn't had a PC SW served on their property, and it is your opinion he isn't involved unless you're in the midst of the investigation. And that's my opinion.

I do not think he is blaming the families personally. Every time RL speaks there is a huge debate. He just doesn't word things correctly. I think he means the whole investigation and the internet rumors ruined his life in a public way. If there was no murder, his probation problems would go undetected and not being called a killer like he has been. JMO
I agree we are spending too much time here. I personally am glad he's off the road. His next trip really could have resulted in vehicular manslaughter.

But what makes me smdh is why everyone feels bad for him based upon his age? Old age doesn't equal good, or sweet, or kind. Heck the prisons are loaded with people over 75 years old.

I'll wait and see what happens next. I am not basing my opinion on these silly tweets that have no quotes or basis in fact, nor do I put much weight in LE double speak. This case is going to play out really slow, over a long time I fear.
I'm going to dig in for the long haul.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jax, I respect your opinion because you seem to be one of the more rational posters here, but all that judge is saying is the charges RL faced and was sentenced to *today* had nothing to do with the murders. That doesn't say RL may or may not be responsible for the murders. LE has not said if they have identified anyone, and until they do, we just won't know. IMO

Thank you. Actually it was the Prosecutor who said it didn't have anything to do with the murders. But, I totally agree with your assessment.

On the other hand, I'm not seeing any hints from Judge, LE or prosecution that they believe RL is the murderer.

I don't think they will clear RL until they have a suspect in custody and can say 100% RL was not involved in anyway. moo

ETA: I found the prosecution's comment very interesting, because in the past he has refused to say the dropped charges were not related to the murders. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay