Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual quoted paragraph reads:

"Police have released a photograph, snapped by Libby on her cellphone, of a man in blue jeans approaching them on the trail. Investigators are awaiting DNA test lab results being conducted by the FBI to conclusively link that suspect to the murders."

My thoughts on the bolded sentence.

They found something that they can identify BG wearing or carrying in the full video. So his boots or jacket or something he was smoking. Something that places him at the crime scene and also on that bridge or wherever the last video image of him takes place. MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if the 2nd person(s) were not on the bridge. One of my theories about the voice is that while Libby was filming BG on the bridge 80 ft away, the voice came from near or behind her, from someone closer to the phone. (It happens all the time we I am taking a video of my son playing baseball.) I think BG's role as we see him on the bridge was rounding them up, blocking their escape and that later he participated in murdering them. They only needed one person to go out on the bridge and force them off.

The above quote from Ocgrad plus this:

I agree. Libby started recording and from the time she had decided to do that up until at least the time where the still frames that show BG that we have seen there is nothing that shows a weapon or anything that should have kept those girls where they were. The proximity to the houses on the south side - there is one that is 450 feet away and half that, at best, is woods and the rest is clear/lawn - and that they didn't make a run for it considering the distance BG was from them, not to mention almost all of that distance still on the bridge which is in my opinion not easy to run on.

Something kept them where they were. They weren't chased. The voice on the audio isn't out of breath from running. I strongly believe that what set Libby to take action by starting to record began behind or near the girls. And that means to me that there was at least one other individual involved in this crime.

Very compelling argument for this scenario. Thanks for this.

I keep wondering if since he walks his property night and day sometimes if he saw it happen or saw the girls deceased before they were found, got worried about his own issues went home to collect his things and took it to the dump( or whatever it's called) and didn't tell anyone about it. Thus his alibi unstable as well as the possibility his footprints at the scene making it harder​ on LE
Just speculating IMO

Well, this would be failure to report a crime. We do know RL intentionally mislead LE (false reporting) of his whereabouts on Feb. 13th. If he did witness a crime of this magnitude either before, during or after and chose not to report it; this in itself is a crime!

I keep wondering if since he walks his property night and day sometimes if he saw it happen or saw the girls deceased before they were found, got worried about his own issues went home to collect his things and took it to the dump( or whatever it's called) and didn't tell anyone about it. Thus his alibi unstable as well as the possibility his footprints at the scene making it harder​ on LE
Just speculating IMO

A video at the dump has him there at approximately 12 Noon.

Were there really that many billboards? That can't be. That would be cost prohibitive.

Sometimes billboard companies donate space to nonprofits at cost when there are no contracts on certain open billboards, I know. Perhaps it was an arrangement like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the criminal activity commenced the second that BG took control of the girls, be it with a weapon threat, or whatever he did to compel them to move in the direction of his choice. That probably constituted kidnapping right there, but once he made contact, the crime was in process one way or another, hence the video being characterized as taken "right before".

I do not see a scenario where this perp would place the burden of carrying a gravely injured or deceased girl on the other girl, for no other reason than the able victim was a child who would have been utterly distraught and in shock and awe and physically compromised in managing the weight of a disabled victim. That's just too many time-intensive moving parts that risk commotion and potentially draw attention for a killer interested in getting to a place of seclusion to do what he came to do. If nothing else, the able girl would have likely screamed at the sight of such a sudden act of violence on her dear friend.

I do believe that it's very possible that one of the girls could have been forced to assist in securing the other (ties perhaps), but I think the idea was to march them swiftly to his preferred location and any coerced assistance would have occurred in that environment.

I think we also have to consider that they were kids and the intimidating verbal commands and threats of a creepy adult male may have been sufficient to compel the girls to just keep walking. JMO

I totally agree with you about the girls just being kids. I cannot imagine the paralyzing fear and numbness and shock. As to the other, I can see your point totally. Excellent thoughts.
I am telling you I really need an emoticon that is a swing, this :fence: is not good enough for the to-ing and fro-ing I do

The suspect is filmed from quite a distance away. If there was a second person, that person should also have been in the video from that distance. The suspect approaches the girls and tells them to go "down the hill" - calm, controlled, authoritative.

As someone perhaps wiser than myself mentioned, the video of BG is taken at appx 70-80' away from the two girls. His voice could not carry that long distance to be recorded.

Perhaps an unseen person standing behind the girls at the end of the bridge speaks the words "Down the Hill". That is why LE states that they do not know if the audio voice belongs to BG. It may belong to an accomplice.

West coast here and I've never seen 1 billboard!

Me either and the only reason our news picked up the story is from the national news reporting when they released the video and audio clip. I Googled about a month later and saw there still had been no arrest so found myself back here.

I joined WS over another case where the little boy or who was responsible has never been found, even though the stepmother seems to be the likely party. I know Libby & Abby were found and I hope their killer is too.

I think the criminal activity commenced the second that BG took control of the girls, be it with a weapon threat, or whatever he did to compel them to move in the direction of his choice. That probably constituted kidnapping right there, but once he made contact, the crime was in process one way or another, hence the video being characterized as taken "right before".

I do not see a scenario where this perp would place the burden of carrying a gravely injured or deceased girl on the other girl, for no other reason than the able victim was a child who would have been utterly distraught and in shock and awe and physically compromised in managing the weight of a disabled victim. That's just too many time-intensive moving parts that risk commotion and potentially draw attention for a killer interested in getting to a place of seclusion to do what he came to do. If nothing else, the able girl would have likely screamed at the sight of such a sudden act of violence on her dear friend.

I do believe that it's very possible that one of the girls could have been forced to assist in securing the other (ties perhaps), but I think the idea was to march them swiftly to his preferred location and any coerced assistance would have occurred in that environment.

I think we also have to consider that they were kids and the intimidating verbal commands and threats of a creepy adult male may have been sufficient to compel the girls to just keep walking. JMO
Maybe he told them his girlfriend was injured down the hill and either she didn't exist or helped him to eliminate them. If there was a woman involved maybe the girls recognized her and she did not want them to tell she was with BG. Just moo

I totally agree with you about the girls just being kids. I cannot imagine the paralyzing fear and numbness and shock. As to the other, I can see your point totally. Excellent thoughts.
I am telling you I really need an emoticon that is a swing, this :fence: is not good enough for the to-ing and fro-ing I do

It seems to be the nature of even trying to sort out these cases with as little info as we typically have!

If I was LE and I was close to an arrest, I would certainly not tell the public anything (in order not to tip off the perpetrator so they don't flee.)

I would say we are working thru the tips and blah, blah, blah...even if they are close to an arrest.

If and when an arrest comes, it will come quickly out of the blue at 4:00 am in the morning or at his place of work.

Then, and only then, will we know if the case is moving forward and is not hopelessly stalled.

As someone perhaps wiser than myself mentioned, the video of BG is taken at appx 70-80' away from the two girls. His voice could not carry that long distance to be recorded.

Perhaps an unseen person standing behind the girls at the end of the bridge speaks the words "Down the Hill". That is why LE states that they do not know if the audio voice belongs to BG. It may belong to an accomplice.
Not only is he far away, but there are leaves crunching in the audio clip. So either it was him when he came closer , or if the voice happened while he was that far away then there had to be another person.

This one sentence from Leazenby (quoted in the link below) sure stands out to me!

"At this point he is still involved in the investigation but I would not attach the label suspect to him.” Leazenby said

http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-con...-double-murder
“

MOO

Wondering what this could mean.

Waiting for DNA?

Where it said " to conclusively link that suspect". So yes the DNA but also did that mean something else like they know who BG is. Pardon my confusion with the statement I don't know if I'm reading to deep into nothing or something if that makes sense.

There's a good possibility I'm reading too much into Leazenby's statement regarding RL, but it stands out to me. I don't see RL in the photo of BG. However, I find the warrant on RL's home, his arrest, jail w/no bond and now a hefty sentence compared to what he's been given in the past extremely peculiar. I don't know what's all going on or what LE knows that we don't, but a few things aren't adding up. If LE has their eye on someone I pray they have the right person and it has nothing to do with "tunnel vision". In the Jacob Wetterling case LE and the media publicly convicted DR for Jacob's abduction when DH was under their nose the entire time. They had tunnel vision, I'm not saying that's what's gong on with this case, but it happens. For me, it's a good reminder to try to keep an open mind, even when it's incredibly hard to do.
MOO

Logan, 77, put his head in one hand and wiped his eyes repeatedly with both hands after Carroll County Superior Court Judge Kurtis Fouts handed down the sentence, which was only six months shy of the maximum Logan could get.

Logansport attorney Andrew Achey asked for Fouts to be lenient, reminding him more than once that Logan is 77 years old, has lived in the county all of his life, served in the Navy, has lived in his home for 53 years and that he has a reverse mortgage on the home that requires him to live there or the property to be sold.

Logan also has health problems, but neither Achey nor Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Jerry Bean would specify what those were in court.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_259eb816-1e57-11e7-abab-6fad5c0f5919.html

I am very disappointed in the turnabout. RL will die in jail. Whether the Main Suspect is ever arrested, the murders of two young girls being left on his property has effectively ended RLs life. There is no joy to be found in this legal matter.

It seems to be the nature of even trying to sort out these cases with as little info as we typically have!

There was more information on some other higher profile cases... Morgan Harrington, when Jesse Matthew planted her Metallica shirt on a bush in Charlottesville, police made that public. They even said they had the suspect's DNA from the shirt.

The only things they did not release was the cause of death,

Based on what LE said at one of the first PC's about this case regarding the video/audio that was taken, I can only assume that there was something awful that was videotaped and or recorded on the audio. Everyone wants to hear or see more but there's a reason why we haven't and I'm guessing that is why.

I also think that LE is way more ahead on this case that anyone gives them credit for. Remember they got over 12000 tips after releasing the audio and video clips. There's a good chance that one or more of those tips have named BG. Also as I stated above they know much more about this case than any of us do so they know the type of suspect they're looking for and what that person might sound like as well. Hopefully the DNA can help them solve this case but personally I think they have a pretty good idea of who did it but need that final piece to make an arrest.

I honestly believe that the SW was served because they discovered he lied to them and a lie on the day of the murders, along with the bodies being found on his property, provided probable cause. The rest is details.

And my guess is that the reason he's not ruled out is simply because if it's correct that they really don't know who did this (I think that's the case), they're not officially ruling anyone out.

As for the demeanor of LE in the video up thread, he struck me as pained by the fact that they have not solved this and BG is still loose somewhere. I didn't see much more in his expression than battle fatigue and perhaps some low morale, which I'm sure they all feel, at least at times. I think the crime scene was disturbing not merely because they found children from their community, but because of the nature of the crime.

I go back to what LE said in the early stages - "who's next?" (I think that's how it was worded). That says a lot and points away from RL. I really don't think his type of lie, though they had to pursue a search, equals a connection to the type if crime scene they encountered. So, the demeanor we see in LE is perhaps also their pattern of not really saying anything of substance in public.

I had a son in naval special warfare and they don't talk about anything because once you say this, it leads to a question about that, and if you answer even vaguely, that leads to a question about this, and before it's done, you've provided tidbits that may not give up anything vital, but they feed speculation and rumor and interpretation of what people want to find in your answer. So you get emails that say, "Goin' on a trip", then nothing for three months, then an email that says "Back from my trip", and you know it's time to send cookies again. As they say in the Navy, "those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking."

I think LE is coming from exactly that place in this case. I don't believe that their snippets and on camera language tell us much of anything. JMO

This is exactly how I see it. Agree 100% with this entire post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jro74