IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone comment upthread about LE being suspicious of private citizens providing information? In general, many of the LE people I worked with tended to be that way, but the longer they knew us, verified our information and analyses were correct, or had a more outgoing personality things were more relaxed.

I was really happy to hear Superintendent Carter stand at that podium and tell the media and the public that LE needed their help. That says a lot to me about where his attitude is, because there are LEOs who are quite territorial and scornful of anyone without a badge being able to make a difference. Almost like it's a personal affront to their intelligence and skill as an investigator. In this case it's a very good sign to me and tells me a lot about the man running the ISP.

Maybe the perp was in a rush because I would of thought in today's day and age the majority of criminals would automatically take the victims mobile phone. And let's be honest basically everybody now has one as well so why would he not search them. Maybe he got spooked ?!

Have LE ever confirmed they even have the phones ?

I believe they have the phone based on the following statement from Indiana gov site. moo

investigators have released a voice recording, extracted from a video found on Liberty "Libby" German's cell phone

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

Is there a DNA database for the whole of the United States, or does each State have their own? I just find it incredulous that this vile excuse for a human being hasn't been caught. If there is no DNA match, could this mean it is the first time he has struck? Surely this can't be his first attack....

If it is the first time, that could point to a warped, spiteful motive directly connected to one of the two girls. Vengeance to hurt a parent or grandparent is a possibility.

The voice has more of a twang than what I'm used to hearing. As the officer said, it's very distinctive. It sounds almost back-woodsy. I don't know if any of those terms make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've watched and listened to more interviews with RL than I'd care to admit, but the audio of DTH and RL's voice sound the same to me. IMO

If they didn't know about the man on the bridge who would they have focused on?

His voice doesn't "sound" very intelligent to me, but that doesn't always mean anything. It does make me lean slightly toward believing that he just got lucky in eluding the police this long. He may have also learned from crime shows how to keep a crime scene clean, which doesn't necessarily point to intelligence in the traditional sense.

I could see this possibility. Tbh I didn't think much of his accent at first it sounds like everyone I know in TN it didn't even strike me as odd or different. But IMO always. I do find the idea of him learning from crime shows interesting, I feel like I have even watched a show about this same scenario before.

I don't think RL is guilty but as there is no new evidence I figured I would look on YouTube.

It's hard to judge as we have such a small sound bite from the audio but I would say that RL has more of a accent than BG which rules him out again for me.

He also has a huskier tone to my ear as well which BG doesn't have on the clip.

I believe they have the phone based on the following statement from Indiana gov site. moo

investigators have released a voice recording, extracted from a video found on Liberty "Libby" German's cell phone

It also seems to confirm that the audio was taken from the video. fwiw

"Additionally, investigators have released a voice recording, extracted from a video found on Liberty "Libby" German's cell phone, that may be connected to the homicides"

JMO.

I dont know if it is just the speaker on my PC or what. I found it very interesting that when I first heard the voice recording I did not hear
"down the hill".

I clearly thought he said "down there".
I have listened to it over and over and over and I still can never get the word "hill" out of it. Most everyone hears "hill" so maybe it is just the speakers I have or something.

It is so strange to me because I clearly hear the word "there" instead of "hill".

Must be my cheap PC. :)

Yes I agree. My first thought is we hear whatever we're told the words are expressing. But it doesn't really matter I suppose. The intent of LE was that of recognition in order to provide them with tips and leads.

It does to me. Others may see it differently.

Idk I think it could be a few things, like would they have said.. located on her cloud/ or other account based on phone records or however? Would they want or not want BG/ or killer to know for sure that they had it? I still question it personally IMO always

Yep! My husband is the same way... that is how I know. Also because i took a class when I got my conceal carry.

I did not even know about the whole eye dominance thing until I started target practicing with a bow and I could not understand why my arrows flew completely away from the target where I was aiming.

I finally had to learn to keep my left eye completely shut which was the only way I could solve it.

It was a good point related to this case because that adds another assumption we would have to make if we think BG is left handed.

The extra assumption we would have to make is that the BG does not have a similar eye dominance issue that made him train himself to shoot with his other hand.

I could see this possibility. Tbh I didn't think much of his accent at first it sounds like everyone I know in TN it didn't even strike me as odd or different. But IMO always. I do find the idea of him learning from crime shows interesting, I feel like I have even watched a show about this same scenario before.
Could you provide a few more details of the show you watched?

His voice doesn't "sound" very intelligent to me, but that doesn't always mean anything. It does make me lean slightly toward believing that he just got lucky in eluding the police this long. He may have also learned from crime shows how to keep a crime scene clean, which doesn't necessarily point to intelligence in the traditional sense.

I think FBI probably has tests and techniques that we can't fathom to solve crimes even if we watch a lot of crime shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme