DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last thread is still open, BTW. :blushing:

From last thread:

Originally Posted by Billy Mabou
I just want to say something here, based on fact.

I work in Multimedia (primarily Video) and it's a technical field that is constantly changing (hello 4K!) and requires one to keep learning in order to stay relevant.

In my very demanding 15 years of experience so far, I've learned that age has absolutely nothing to do with skill set when it comes to technology and problem-solving. Some people just get it. I work with a guy in his 60's who is known worldwide in the field because of his smarts and his presence on social media. People in their 20's follow him in droves because he shares his knowledge.

Additionally, I'm constantly surprised at how many younger people who come through our company are actually technically inept. Some are brilliant, but some are unable to use a computer to do much beyond Facebook.

So, IMO, I call shenanigans on the idea that age has anything to do with technical ability.

I'm not even mentioning the value that experience brings! And don't get me started on work ethic

This isn't directed at you personally, I just have to debunk this myth. It's so wrong.
Do you mean us OLD folk still have some brains left and we don't have to be put out to pasture, just yet?

Awesome post, Billy Mabou!

Makes me wonder his choice of weapons if he was exasperated and they didn't comply first time. I might personally comply more to a gun vs say pepper spray or bare hands idk IMO but I do believe his frustration may have escalated and sped things up.
Also they probably tried to resist at first and were then subdued.

It also seems to confirm that the audio was taken from the video. fwiw

"Additionally, investigators have released a voice recording, extracted from a video found on Liberty "Libby" German's cell phone, that may be connected to the homicides"

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

sorry jax didn't mean to double quote you here, not sure how i managed that but thx for sharing that link:gaah:

His voice doesn't "sound" very intelligent to me, but that doesn't always mean anything. It does make me lean slightly toward believing that he just got lucky in eluding the police this long. He may have also learned from crime shows how to keep a crime scene clean, which doesn't necessarily point to intelligence in the traditional sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's also possible he hasn't eluded anyone and is in custody on unrelated charges while LE put their case together to present to the DA. IMO

Makes me wonder his choice of weapons if he was exasperated and they didn't comply first time. I might personally comply more to a gun vs say pepper spray or bare hands idk IMO but I do believe his frustration may have escalated and sped things up.

I think it depends on where he was in proximity to them in the initial encounter and where they all were in proximity to the spot on the hill he intended. Who knows, I'm sure he was also not wanting them to start screaming, so I think it's hard to know what that scenario was really like other than it was very fluid and he meant what he said and was not interested in a debate.

Obviously, he was able to convince them to go down that hill. So he very likely had some sort of lethal means and that may have been magnified with a specific threat, or conversely, a promise to not do harm if they complied. I don't know.

And another thought...could be that if Libby was sensing he was moving toward them at a click that concerned her, or whatever alarmed her, and she was in motion with her phone when that image was captured, she could have been turning to grab Abby, or to run away, and that escalated things. NOT blaming that poor child, just saying that there may have been some tense moments before he got close enough to pull a weapon, and by that time he was not taking no for an answer.

I'm honestly still not sure how far away he was because there have been competing thoughts about that.

I don't think RL is guilty but as there is no new evidence I figured I would look on YouTube.

It's hard to judge as we have such a small sound bite from the audio but I would say that RL has more of a accent than BG which rules him out again for me.

He also has a huskier tone to my ear as well which BG doesn't have on the clip.

Your comment makes me think... how good of a quality was the recording device on Libby's phone vs. real life? I know I hate to have my voice recorded on anything because it sounds different to me.. is it possible BGs real voice doesn't quite sound that way also? Has anyone done any kind of audio tinkering? to maybe remove any "tinny" qualities etc. ?
Lord knows we've played around enough with photo editing!! I have not seen anyone do any voice alterations... why not at this point ?including slowing down the speed of it..

Could you provide a few more details of the show you watched?

No not really Han sorry, I just feel like I have watched a show about a guy who got tips on cleaning his own CS from watching other crime shows. It just felt vaguely familiar. And I do think it's possible someone has done this. IMO always. I do wish I could dig that deep into my brain though. 😓

It does to me. Others may see it differently.

If they have the phone they may have seized in a search warrant or located it discarded somewhere. Reading the tea leaves isn't my forte, sadly.

I think it depends on where he was in proximity to them in the initial encounter and where they all were in proximity to the spot on the hill he intended. Who knows, I'm sure he was also not wanting them to start screaming, so I think it's hard to know what that scenario was really like other than it was very fluid and he meant what he said and was not interested in a debate.

Obviously, he was able to convince them to go down that hill. So he very likely had some sort of lethal means and that may have been magnified with a specific threat, or conversely, a promise to not do harm if they complied. I don't know.

And another thought...could be that if Libby was sensing he was moving toward them at a click that concerned her, or whatever alarmed her, and she was in motion with her phone when that image was captured, she could have been turning to grab Abby, or to run away, and that escalated things. NOT blaming that poor child, just saying that there may have been some tense moments before he got close enough to pull a weapon, and by that time he was not taking no for an answer.

I'm honestly still not sure how far away he was because there have been competing thoughts about that.

True you never know. Thanks I liked the thoughts

Your comment makes me think... how good of a quality was the recording device on Libby's phone vs. real life? I know I hate to have my voice recorded on anything because it sounds different to me.. is it possible BGs real voice doesn't quite sound that way also? Has anyone done any kind of audio tinkering? to maybe remove any "tinny" qualities etc. ?
Lord knows we've played around enough with photo editing!! I have not seen anyone do any voice alterations... why not at this point ?including slowing down the speed of it..

I have thought about this ever since the audio was released. Many peoples voices sound different on recording then it does in person. Thats why I think its very difficult to match it up to a particular suspect. Now if somebody who knows BG was to see a video of him walking with the voice in the same clip I think it would be much easier for it to dawn on them that it could be someone they know....MOO

If they have the phone they may have seized in a search warrant or located it discarded somewhere. Reading the tea leaves isn't my forte, sadly.

I don't think the info has been updated since the release of the recording, so I do believe they found the phone very early on. moo

The girls from Iowa were in the woods for five months before they were located.

I didn't realise. Thanks for clarifying. My point still holds then, that there may be many victims whose bodies were either never recovered or, as in the Iowa case, the bodies were too decomposed to take the killer's DNA. (Just a thought - would the killer's DNA decompose over time...?)

It's also possible he hasn't eluded anyone and is in custody on unrelated charges while LE put their case together to present to the DA. IMO

Do you have information that the rest of us are lacking? It's obvious who you are referring to time after time and I'm wondering if there is something you know that the rest of us don't?

How many days after the bodies were found did they release the photo and audio ?

Do we know when the first lot of search warrants were issued ?

If we do then it may narrow down when the phones could of been found.

How many days after the bodies were found did they release the photo and audio ?

Do we know when the first lot of search warrants were issued ?

If we do then it may narrow down when the phones could of been found.

Bodies found on 14th, photos released on 15th. I'm not sure about search warrants.

On Wednesday, February 15th, law enforcement officers distributed a photograph of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie.

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

I don't think RL is guilty but as there is no new evidence I figured I would look on YouTube.

It's hard to judge as we have such a small sound bite from the audio but I would say that RL has more of a accent than BG which rules him out again for me.

He also has a huskier tone to my ear as well which BG doesn't have on the clip.

Agreed. Although we only have three words from the audio, that voice sounds nothing like RL.
Sometimes when people have a 'suspect' in their heads, they will hear and see things that will help their theory along..even if it doesn't fit or make sense.

Confirmation bias, IMO

That's why it's good in these cases to keep our minds as open as possible. Thank God that's how LE works and they are the experts. :)

Also they probably tried to resist at first and were then subdued.
Certainly BG saw Libby with the phone and knew it was pointed at him. But if he was coming up fast, she probably put it in her pocket, lickety split.

I wonder if she was nervous because maybe he'd been
screaming at them from down below. He looks a bit like a mad
bull approaching them.

He might have seen them on the bridge and was instantly angry as they were unsupervised and young kids. Maybe they ignored him.

He is in a mad rage because "who do these young girls think they are being on this bridge all alone and where the heck are their parents"?

Maybe his intention was just to scare them. He may have been made more angry because he had to get himself on that dad gummed
bridge to get them the heck off.

In his anger, he bumped Abby off the bridge. Both he and Libby are stunned so he directs her down the hill so they can check on her.

Things don't look good and now he's gone and done it. Gotta kill the other one otherwise I'm going to jail. Before he did that though, I think he carried Abby across the creek and Libby followed because she was concerned for her friend and not necessarily of this man anymore.

After he was certain both were no longer alive, he grabbed the phone and got in his vehicle so people could see he was out and about on the town and no where near the bridge.

Could be why this certain fellow has no sympathy for the girls. It was their fault. None of this would have happened otherwise.

I do think, however, he respected the way the one wouldn't leave the other.

I guess I'd much rather it be this than an SK or a pedophile.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Remember when they first released the audio? You could not even hardly detect when it was saying. Would cleaning it up change the sound of his voice? JMO

From the way LE talked about the Iowa case, the bodies were too decomposed by the time they were found to get much evidence. I'm not even sure they were able to determine COD? Any DNA that may have still be intact would likely be badly degraded.
But if they found a victim, then wouldn't they also have his DNA and therefore a match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme