IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC someone had said he had a Dr's appt. that day, and others mentioned a probation meeting? Not sure it's ever been clarified, though. LE probably know, but we don't.

Ashley or Ashleigh Banfield jumped on the alibis because her producer didn't fact-check. Banfield thought RL was lying about his alibis because she mistakenly made the assumption the Lafayette fish trip on 2/13 and the Delphi trip on 2/14 were the same day even though RL was talking about two separate days.

I thought it was a very shoddy excuse for journalism. TTBOMK, in media interviews regarding alibis RL remained consistent. We just don't know if LE can prove there are or are not holes in alibis but I believe LE has strongly hinted his alibis don't jive.

Not sure if this pertains to the edge/curb lumber on the bridge or not, but I would assume it is RRT's, as well unless someone has more info?

attachment.php

Thread # 35 post # 404 poster MCUMINGS:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-35&p=13246712#post13246712

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Railing is 4" high.

All IMO

-Nin

Im wondering if it someone considered well respected in the community as well. The girls knew him, he was someone everyone knew, maybe that's why they were taking a photo, maybe they thought he looked funny in those clothes are were being playful. (my friends and I used to take photos of people in public in their casual clothes, like teachers and pastors.. we were just being kids) Maybe they caught him doing something he shouldn't have been, he had to do something about it so he wouldn't be exposed. I know several of you have already come up with this theory, I'm just thinking it over in my head... seeing if maybe I can spark any ideas. There's so many possibilities

Ashley or Ashleigh Banfield jumped on the alibis because her producer didn't fact-check. Banfield thought RL was lying about his alibis because she mistakenly made the assumption the Lafayette fish trip on 2/13 and the Delphi trip on 2/14 were the same day even though RL was talking about two separate days.

I thought it was a very shoddy excuse for journalism. TTBOMK, in media interviews regarding alibis RL remained consistent. We just don't know if LE can prove there are or are not holes in alibis but I believe LE has strongly hinted his alibis don't jive.

One more reasons to not trust some MSM reports/stories.

Even if they are on parole.....but not a suspect so don't pigeonhole......but we still can slueth , that's the GOAL!......so lets not troll.......just scroll and ROLL!

Im wondering if it someone considered well respected in the community as well. The girls knew him, he was someone everyone knew, maybe that's why they were taking a photo, maybe they thought he looked funny in those clothes are were being playful. (my friends and I used to take photos of people in public in their casual clothes, like teachers and pastors.. we were just being kids) Maybe they caught him doing something he shouldn't have been, he had to do something about it so he wouldn't be exposed. I know several of you have already come up with this theory, I'm just thinking it over in my head... seeing if maybe I can spark any ideas. There's so many possibilities

To me, and I've stated this a few times since joining in on the threads about this case, this is a small area, really. As an avid hiker, I see this area around the bridge, and around the bend upstream from it where the girls were found, to me rather small, in the grand scheme of things, albeit with some 'blind' and 'secluded' spots.

MOO is there is no regular illegal activity going on there, people would notice, and it would stand out in a small town like Delphi. At least not so far as meth lab stuff, and similar drug activity. The perp came prepared to murder someone that day, it was unusually warm, and the circumstances conspired such that two girls were murdered.

To me, and I've stated this a few times since joining in on the threads about this case, this is a small area, really. As an avid hiker, I see this area around the bridge, and around the bend upstream from it where the girls were found, to me rather small, in the grand scheme of things, albeit with some 'blind' and 'secluded' spots.

MOO is there is no regular illegal activity going on there, people would notice, and it would stand out in a small town like Delphi. At least not so far as meth lab stuff, and similar drug activity. The perp came prepared to murder someone that day, it was unusually warm, and the circumstances conspired such that two girls were murdered.
How could ppl notice?
All the videos we have seen of this place there is no one out there .

Pretty desolate.
Especially on a week day in February.
Jmo

Do you have a link for the hints on the alibis not jiving? I don't remember seeing that.

IMO LE does not want to use the term "suspect" unless they are ready to arrest and file charges. If they label someone a suspect, then the public will naturally demand an arrest and LE would be compelled to make that arrest. If the person is already in custody, they'll still have to file charges on a timely basis. And IF the person is already in custody, there is absolutely no rush to file charges until they have all the information they need to be sure they can prosecute successfully. So RL's sentence on unrelated charges is quite convenient for LE.

So IMO each time LE says RL "has not been named a suspect" or "is not a suspect at this time" they are leaving the door open for that changing in the future.

Meanwhile it is absolutely respectful and kind to RL if it turns out they do not ever name him a suspect, this limits the damage to his reputation. I believe any of us would hope for the same respect and kindness if we were in a similar situation.

Below is a citation regarding what most jurisdictions have to do once someone is arrested:

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/how-long-may-police-hold-suspects-before-charges-must-be-filed.html

"The Right to a Speedy Trial: The Constitution and State Time Limits
The right to a speedy trial is guaranteed to criminal defendants by the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. A "speedy trial” basically means that the defendant must be tried for the alleged crimes within a reasonable time after being arrested. Although arrestees cannot be held without formal charges for an unreasonable amount of time, the Constitution does not spell out what this time is. Instead, these are typically set forth by state law, and the time period differs from state to state.

As a general rule, however, if you are placed in custody, your "speedy trial" rights typically require the prosecutor to decide within 72 hours which charges, if any, will be filed. Many states adhere to this 72-hour limit.

The U.S. Supreme Court explains that this protects defendants from serving lengthy jail times before a conviction. Speedy trial rights also lessen the time that the accused must endure the anxiety and publicity of an impending trial, and minimize the damage that delay might cause to the person's ability to present a defense."

A link to LE hinting this?

Although the numbers seem daunting as the days tick by, Indiana State Police Sergeant Kim Riley says investigators remain “very confident” that the person or persons responsible will be found.

It’s been a constant struggle for investigators to keep rumors and fake information about the case from spreading.

State police have had to debunk dozens of arrest rumors, including multiple recurring ones that connect the man who owns the property where the girls were found, Ron Logan, to their murders.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...iews-later-still-no-suspects-in-girls-murders

Thanks for the link. Thankfully, most people on SM (FB, Twitter, YT, etc...) have come to their senses and are finally believing what LE says about RL. It has to be very frustrating for them, though, because I'm sure the occasional nut case is calling in saying RL is the killer.

I know any and all tips are important but it reminds me of when someone called in a tip for Caylee Anthony (missing at the time) saying she was on a helicopter in Paris. :cuckoo:

I'm jumping on the "why don't investigators release a video snippet" bandwagon. I understand the need to keep the video from becoming a sensational gawk fest, I do, but video is released often after armed robberies at gas stations and convenience stores, even when the video captures brutality. I just watched a dozen before I posted this. Video must help somehow, otherwise why would police departments continue to do it?

I understand the basic motivation: LG and AW were children, they did not survive. But if the video could help further the investigation. . .

Examples, for what they're worth: https://youtu.be/OvBqBT1gHK4

This one shows the firearm and the perp shoving it in the cashier's back. The cashier's face, though, is blurred for her protection/privacy: https://youtu.be/AiKPwCHqSsY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should i????

On February 15th, an emotional ISP Superintendent Doug Carter implored the public not to justify or explain away any facts or suspicion. The tip line, email and even walking into your local PD are options to get information to the investigators. If you or anyone believes they have even a tiny clue that would help solve this case, please don't dismiss a legitimate concern because that's the job of investigators.

I'm jumping on the "why don't investigators release a video snippet" bandwagon. I understand the need to keep the video from becoming a sensational gawk fest, I do, but video is released often after armed robberies at gas stations and convenience stores, even when the video captures brutality. I just watched a dozen before I posted this. Video must help somehow, otherwise why would police departments continue to do it?

I understand the basic motivation: LG and AW were children, they did not survive. But if the video could help further the investigation. . .

Examples, for what they're worth: https://youtu.be/OvBqBT1gHK4

This one shows the firearm and the perp shoving it in the cashier's back. The cashier's face, though, is blurred for her protection/privacy: https://youtu.be/AiKPwCHqSsY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don't release anything sexually graphic

IMO LE does not want to use the term "suspect" unless they are ready to arrest and file charges. If they label someone a suspect, then the public will naturally demand an arrest and LE would be compelled to make that arrest. If the person is already in custody, they'll still have to file charges on a timely basis. And IF the person is already in custody, there is absolutely no rush to file charges until they have all the information they need to be sure they can prosecute successfully. So RL's sentence on unrelated charges is quite convenient for LE.

So IMO each time LE says RL "has not been named a suspect" or "is not a suspect at this time" they are leaving the door open for that changing in the future.

Meanwhile it is absolutely respectful and kind to RL if it turns out they do not ever name him a suspect, this limits the damage to his reputation. I believe any of us would hope for the same respect and kindness if we were in a similar situation.

Below is a citation regarding what most jurisdictions have to do once someone is arrested:

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/how-long-may-police-hold-suspects-before-charges-must-be-filed.html

"The Right to a Speedy Trial: The Constitution and State Time Limits
The right to a speedy trial is guaranteed to criminal defendants by the Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. A "speedy trial” basically means that the defendant must be tried for the alleged crimes within a reasonable time after being arrested. Although arrestees cannot be held without formal charges for an unreasonable amount of time, the Constitution does not spell out what this time is. Instead, these are typically set forth by state law, and the time period differs from state to state.

As a general rule, however, if you are placed in custody, your "speedy trial" rights typically require the prosecutor to decide within 72 hours which charges, if any, will be filed. Many states adhere to this 72-hour limit.

The U.S. Supreme Court explains that this protects defendants from serving lengthy jail times before a conviction. Speedy trial rights also lessen the time that the accused must endure the anxiety and publicity of an impending trial, and minimize the damage that delay might cause to the person's ability to present a defense."

Jmo
They can't call anyone a suspect because they don't have one.
Jmo

As far as I can tell, LE is still plowing thru and accepting tips.
RL is not their man.
And they do not know who BG is.
They are trying to be upfront by saying they are working hard, still going through leads etc...not sure why people read into that info that they know who did this.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member