IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE is sure RL is their man, they have him locked up already. It gives them plenty of time to get all the lab info back and whatever else they may be trying to nail down before they file charges. It kind of takes the pressure off, though of course there is still the need to satisfy the public that they are safe and they have the case figured out. I don't think they're ignoring that but maybe just being extra cautious about saying anything definitive.

If their suspect is someone they don't have locked up, it's a completely different calculation--they'd be even more careful to get their ducks in a row before arresting him.

In either case they would hesitate to name a suspect until they're ready to file charges. All IMO.

My comment was that LE cannot be sure any one person is their man without all the lab results. Lab results may exonerate one suspect and implicate another.

I also disagree that it's wise for LE to choose to take more time to lay charges if the suspect is already locked up. They have consistently denied RL is a suspect and indicated they don't have the case solved. Therefore particularly local people are rightfully uneasy and on guard because there's potentially a child killer on the loose. It is the role of LE to ensure communities are safe, not create unnecessary suspicion by totally misleading people and playing games that feed their own convenience. Beside, someone mentioned it was election year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would you if you were drunk and angry?
Drunk no, I start singing Irish Lullabies, angry maybe?
A few times I have really gotten angry I did not keep my sense about me.

Couldn't he be one of the cleared 200?
given the public's interest in the search and evidence seized you would think that if he did not have any involvement they would clear him so it was no longer up for debate by anyone.

From the article linked earlier:

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rs-shift-through-analysis-evidence/100347324/

LE is even checking out tips from psychics.

Wow. At least they're upfront about it. If in the miniscule, microscopic , teeny tiny, little bitty chance that someone's "gift" adds any helpful information towards getting this subhuman monster locked up , I hope they let us know.

Not squashing anyone's gift here. I trust intuition and that "gut" feeling. There's just too may "gift" people out there taking advantage of people .Just my opinion.

I think if someone was drunk they wouldn't even get across the bridge to start with.
I don't know about that, it depends on the drunk. My family has quite its share of functional drunks even professors and screen writers. I guess that would then be a question of define drunk? An alcoholic could handle it for whatever that means. I am really not implying RL here. I am sure he is not the only alcoholic in and about Delphi.

I am a happy drunk but, I don't drink much at all.

given the public's interest in the search and evidence seized you would think that if he did not have any involvement they would clear him so it was no longer up for debate by anyone.

You would think so.

People are welcome to whatever theories they deem logical, and they're welcome to ignore red flags and smoke, but those of us who smell the smoke, hear the smoke alarms, and see the red banners flapping in the wind are welcome to ours as well and as long as they fall within The Rules of WS.

I don't know about that, it depends on the drunk. My family has quite its share of functional drunks even professors and screen writers. I guess that would then be a question of define drunk? An alcoholic could handle it for whatever that means. I am really not implying RL here. I am sure he is not the only alcoholic in and about Delphi.

I am a happy drunk but, I don't drink much at all.

Not all drunks are stumblebums. A high tolerance to alcohol for a chronic abuser may be one reason.

The problem with the still image is you can NEVER read anything from it. You can get 20 different impressions of what mood a person is in on 20 different frames. The only thing you can tell from these still is he is looking down, which is a must on that bridge, and he is stepping over gaps and rotten wood. To read anything else into it is just grasping at straws. IMO

The problem with the still image is you can NEVER read anything from it. You can get 20 different impressions of what mood a person is in on 20 different frames. The only thing you can tell from these still is he is looking down, which is a must on that bridge, and he is stepping over gaps and rotten wood. To read anything else into it is just grasping at straws. IMO

Curious, then how do you account for those who are positive BG is RL?

I'm just guessing, there must be certain criteria by which LE can formally CLEAR people. By that I mean perhaps only when they're able to determine there's a irrefutable alibi that the person couldn't have committed the crime because there's proof they were somewhere else?

All this talk of people being cleared might be giving the false impression that LE also determines guilt and we all know that's not true. LE gathers evidence and either the Prosector or a Grand Jury decide if it's enough to proceed to trial.

they searched his place as a result of "tips" and "information" they received in the course of their investigation. They likely did not have the probable cause they need to search early on.

Right. Part of his land searched after girls found. Perhaps a few outhouses. It's too bad they waited 5 weeks go to back again though with a probable cause SW. Any evidence on property or outhouses could have easily vanished.

As to what made Libby start filming ive been really puzzled by this and im thinking now that maybe one of fellow poster Web Sight's daughters may have got it right when she said "hes walking with purpose"..this man is not strolling or enjoying the fresh air and view, hes walking towards THEM..and thats when the video is switched on. Just in case. Young girls are taught to view the world very differently from boys.. we are encouraged to develop a survival instinct concerning intent and i think that could be what prompted Libby to start filming..JMO

One thing I would like to add about the filming and I think it is important.

When I asked them about the filming it was because that is what Libby did. So, the question had to be "Why did she film." They came up with all those reasons why this guy would creep them out, and so, since she took the video those were possible reasons why.

But they could not figure out why she would film at all. To them moving away from him as he approached was paramount in their minds. If he was coming from the north side and was still on the bridge then there should have been time to run. He would not be able to go after them still stuck on the bridge.

As I replied to Reggie earlier, they could only think that someone must have come up behind them.

According to the affidavit to seal the autopsy reports, citing the need to protect the integrity of the homicide investigation, the date of death for both girls was 2/13/17. We know they were dropped off at 1 PM 2/13, last known to be alive at 2-2:30 PM on the same day, and that they were discovered deceased on 2/14 at approximately 12:15 PM. I think we can safely deduce what hours investigators are interested in for 2/13 as well as the whereabouts of PsOI. IMO

I thought (and I could totally be wrong, just curious about this) that the affidavit had the criminal act of murder as being done on the 13th. I didn't realize it stated it was the day of death. I saw a tribute done by a family member have a differing date so that seems odd. Anyone have any more info on that?

I thought (and I could totally be wrong, just curious about this) that the affidavit had the criminal act of murder as being done on the 13th. I didn't realize it stated it was the day of death. I saw a tribute done by a family member have a differing date so that seems odd. Anyone have any more info on that?

It's been explained that the date of discovery of the body is often considered the date of death by some.

Perhaps that's because up until then there's hope.

Had a crazy busy day yesterday and much of today so I wasn't able to pop in or read the posts. Am I correct to assume no news, nothing of note has happened? Just wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything important (glanced through the last page and am going to go back some but no way I can read it all). Any interesting new thoughts or theories? New photo experiments by our amazing WebSight?

I also have to say I was thinking about all of you during my day yesterday. And while I was traveling I pulled off at a rest stop late at night and like most rest stops it was surrounded by woods. Gave me the creeps. In fact most of my drive up and down I-75 here in MI was filled with wooded areas and trees that look so much like the trail in Delphi. I just can't get this case off my mind or stop thinking about those poor girls and their heartbroken families.

Praying and hoping everyday that the killer(s) are caught and justice is served but so sad for the families and those bright young lives cut short.

Just want to send to send internet hugs to all of you as well since I know I'm not the only one who thinks about this case night and day. ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clothing.......and straws.

Conversely, how do you account for people who reject a possibility that is RL? TTBOMK, the man is a complete stranger to people who hold that opinion.

It's a good thing LE will not solely rely on a grainy photo or SM to accuse someone of a double homicide. IMO

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...h-property-where-delphi-teens-found/99304450/

"This isn't the first search warrant we have served," Slocum said, "and if you go by the social media sites, we'd have 1,000 people in jail by now.

"This might not be the last search warrant we serve. This is part of investigating a double homicide."

Asked what the search warrant was looking for, Riley declined to comment.

"The search warrant is for the whole property, so we can go anywhere we want and look for whatever we need to look for," Riley said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member