IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

Maybe a railroad retiree (they can retire at a young age, if they got into it young) who knows the bridge, or retired from a RR in the region and is used to walking old bridges such as the one in question?

Far as hiking, I'd have to agree, here. It's not a trail, where people often hike for exercise, even trail run. It's a bridge, and a dangerous one, at that. Anyone walking across it "with a purpose", especially one dressed like that, would scare the daylights out of me. That bridge could be crossed in well under 4 minutes, by someone "with a purpose".

Also, roofers and structure construction workers are amazingly adept at walking on narrow beams and at such great heights. I know several myself.

Also, Website, I just wanted to thank you for your unique input here

Excellent observations. Now may I ask mom why she taunted us all by using the smallest print possible for the Q&A?
:giggle: J/K

Sorry is it small for you? It looks biggish for me. Can I correct that? I thought it was in the normal type size!

they have cleared more than 200 people who they received tips about. They search RL's property as a result of "tips" and information. So far they haven't "cleared" him.....

Indiana authorities say the investigation into the killings have led to 13 arrests, but that none of them are linked to those murders. Police have questioned more than 300 people in the killings based on over 13,000 tips from the public. Police say they’ve cleared more than 200 people they had received tips about as resembling a man seen in two grainy photos taken from one of the girl’s cellphones.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/search-warrant-served-in-case-of-slain-delphi-indiana-girls/

Couldn't he be one of the cleared 200?

AND he's walking on the side not down the middle. Confident.

RR crews often times are dropped off, picked up, etc., far away from where they live. So they become familiar with places many miles, even a state or two, for example, away from where they live.

Two NS employees I hang out with know exactly where it is I'm talking about when I mention places in Western, NY, where I'm from, RR yards, RR lines, things of that nature. They do a lot of repetitive stuff, I'm sure they have entire routes rote memorized.

CSX still owns the Monon High Bridge, and it wouldn't surprise me if maintenance folks have examined the bridge long after it was abandoned. This could be for many reasons, but one thing I do know about abandoned right-of-ways is periodically there's talk of laying down track, again, if it's profitable. I'm sure there's been talk of doing just that along the RoW in question, maybe not in the last 15 years or so, but I'm sure it's happened. One big reason for this is freight traffic has been robust, and growing, for most of the last 20 years or so. It's simply cheaper to ship by rail, for certain goods and quantities of goods.

The "confidence" part has bothered me since the images were released, he has his hands in his jeans pockets, walking over a dangerous bridge 60-70 feet up. At that point, it's around 30 feet or so, but still high up. Keeping his hands in his jeans pockets would also aid in preventing any shift of what's underneath the jacket.

Sorry is it small for you? It looks biggish for me. Can I correct that? I thought it was in the normal type size!

It showed up in like 2pt on my computer. But hey, I could still read w/out glasses.
No worries and thank you Her for enlarging to 25 pt. J/K
Just teasing.
:loveyou:

As others have wondered whether BG is already in custody. There was a similar (IMOO) attempted abduction in New Mexico the end of March (see The Albuquerque Journal (abqjournal.com) March 1 and March 2, 2017.
A man was hiding in bushes and jumped out and abducted 2 young adults by gun point as they returned from hiking the LaLuz trail in the Sandia Mountains near Albuquerque, NM. The abductor forced the two people into the trunk of his car and drove away. They were fortunate enough to be able to pull the emergency trunk release. The young man was able to jump out of the trunk and try to escape but the abductor shot him in the rear. The girl tried to escape but was recaptured at gunpoint. The abductor was later found to have several guns and a shovel. He finally let the girl go and took off on a cross country get away. He was wanted by police in Mississippi and was finally captured in Kansas. (Sorry, my computer is acting up and I can't make paragraphs). Please check this story out, again in The Albuquerque Journal and local tv and radio stations. He is alledged to have murdered both before and after this incident in New Mexico. The above is MOO from reading newspapers and watching tv news programs.

To me, it looks like that tree at 20 seconds has been gnawed on by a beaver. However, at around 15 seconds, could that be part of a foot print with the cracked branch?

Could a beaver get up that high? I don't know much about them. I just googled to see some pics of beavers that gnawed trees - seems they usually leave little teeth marks? When I watch the video full screen I'm not seeing teeth marks, but can't tell for sure.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/v...phi-historic-trails-on-news-footage/645276720

Good evening everyone, I am wondering what was ever decided with regards to the confusion surrounding the reported dates of the girls' deaths in their obituaries? (Liberty listed as Feb. 13th, 2017 and Abigail as Feb. 14th, 2017). Thanks!

As to what made Libby start filming ive been really puzzled by this and im thinking now that maybe one of fellow poster Web Sight's daughters may have got it right when she said "hes walking with purpose"..this man is not strolling or enjoying the fresh air and view, hes walking towards THEM..and thats when the video is switched on. Just in case. Young girls are taught to view the world very differently from boys.. we are encouraged to develop a survival instinct concerning intent and i think that could be what prompted Libby to start filming..JMO

I have visited. Which questions do you think the scanner answers?

Not many, that's for sure. I'm not so sure why people keep on acting like the scanner thread is some kind of tell all place.

Good evening everyone, I am wondering what was ever decided with regards to the confusion surrounding the reported dates of the girls' deaths in their obituaries? (Liberty listed as Feb. 13th, 2017 and Abigail as Feb. 14th, 2017). Thanks!

Scroll back a page or three it is explained.

Could a beaver get up that high? I don't know much about them. I just googled to see some pics of beavers that gnawed trees - seems they usually leave little teeth marks? When I watch the video full screen I'm not seeing teeth marks, but can't tell for sure.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/v...phi-historic-trails-on-news-footage/645276720

I wonder if that was where Abby or Libby was tied up. Perhaps they removed the ligature and the surrounding material on the tree.

Some of you know I asked my teen girls to help re-create the video that Libby took of BG which was a great help. But in all honesty, they know next to nothing about this case. Up to now I have only talked about it in very broad general terms. They have never seen a picture of the girls nor BG. The only person they marginally know about is RL. They have never seen pictures of the bridge or anything. They said that occasionally when I was working on a photo they might see it as they were passing but never really looked. So, my point is they don't know much.

Anyway, we started chatting about the case and all I can say is if you want to find out about how L & A might have been thinking that terrible day, ask a teen girl @ the same age (one 14, one 17)!! I ended up having to get a notebook and take notes. So here is just part of the conversation. It was mostly Q & A form:

Me:
You and your BFF are almost across the bridge after walking the trails. You see a guy on the bridge coming toward you.
His hands are in his pockets as he is walking. We only have a picture of him where he is looking down, so we don't know if he has been looking around. Now you are on a rickety bridge so that might be the reason for the downward eyes. But he is walking toward you, eyes down, hands in pockets.

What would cause you to film him?

Answers (two teens talking at once so incomplete sentences follow):

Because he's following.

Because I saw him before and didn't think about it, but now he is on the bridge.

He's not walking like he's hiking, he's walking like he is there to do something.

Because he's walking with purpose.

Head down.

Knowing how I would walk the bridge, seeing someone walk it differently would creep me out.

If they were into crime stuff then they would be paranoid.

Additional comment made, no question was asked (not particularly pertaining to filming):

If I saw a guy walking like that (hands in pockets) I would think it's someone who is used to a railroad, a railroad worker, engineer.

What a smart idea, to get your own girls' thoughts on this...like forensic profiling from the mind of a teenager! I thought their answers were great and really matched what seems to be going on in this case. Thank you for getting their insight into this, I feel this is valuable information. Please thank your girls for this and tell them to always be safe.

Also, WebSight.....

it would be interesting to know their opinion as to what circumstances would make them film, rather than run?

I am glad you asked:

From where the video is taken, where's Abby? Do you think she is in front of BG?

It makes sense if you think he attacked one and the other obeyed, then Abby was closer.

But, It doesn't make sense that Abby would have stayed separate from Libby, maybe messing about, when this guy probably already creeped them out and he is coming toward them. If he crossed the bridge from the other end (north) then they saw him coming for a long time.

Okay so he crosses the bridge from the north, they are creeped out before Libby starts filming so the girls have probably gotten back together by the time the filming starts. Why not run now?

Someone comes up behind them.

That was the only answer they came up with.

LE did have a probable cause SW for more of RL's property 5 weeks after bodies were found. I remember because I was here and I kept stating how odd it was that they waited 5 weeks to search the rest of his property.
they searched his place as a result of "tips" and "information" they received in the course of their investigation. They likely did not have the probable cause they need to search early on.

As far as the bride itself is concerned, as many have said before, who can walk on this bridge yet alone in the manner it seems with BG's image?
In my past I have done it all as far as outdoor hikes, even was a wilderness first responder. I would not go on this bridge. No freakin way with the supports crumbling away, the missing planks and the ones that are there are half rotten. This is the one thing that has me thinking this perp knew the area.
I really have no clue as too who did this or at least solid enough to jump off a fence.

As far as the bride itself is concerned, as many have said before, who can walk on this bridge yet alone in the manner it seems with BG's image?
In my past I have done it all as far as outdoor hikes, even was a wilderness first responder. I would not go on this bridge. No freakin way with the supports crumbling away, the missing planks and the ones that are there are half rotten. This is the one thing that has me thinking this perp knew the area.
I really have no clue as too who did this or at least solid enough to jump off a fence.

Would you if you were drunk and angry?

It was determined as 13th for both of them on some official document that Bemused posted recently.

Another explanation could be the perp was on some form or another of drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC