IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. I would think however that the FBI and homeland security would be able to trace very well forensics off the girls phones/computers to find this guy if it was a SM contact. Could he be good at IT and have scrubbed his fake accounts prior to meeting with them? even so the FBI is very very very good at that kind of thing..( unless they're e-mails from the secretary of state of course... just a little humor... no offense meant to anyone.) Also what if the guy is in very very good shape and had a bicycle with a vehicle positioned, much further down the road... quiet and easy to conceal..

I wondered about that too...any SM contact would have helped identify him by now. And I doubt that he's a pro at scrubbing, unless this is business as usual for him and not his first, in which case I would think they would have him in the database.

He may not have shot them but he could have used the threat of a gun to get them off the bridge and to a more secure location.
I kind of agree with this theory.. Just bc foul play wasnt initially the cause of death.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Finally caught up, I assume with all the people at the funerals the info posted above could be verified rather easily. However, I do agree that some info close to the belt is always good. I think LE is 100% on the track of the perp they are trying their hardest to build their case and I think honestly that's why we don't have a ton of "specifics" with s BOLO etc. I am of the opinion that they have DNA of the perp from the scene and right now they are trying to locate their perp and/or build up their case enough.

Awesome sleuthing to all of you guys!! Fingers crossed we have an answer soon!

When you're in the center of the bridge, that's true.

At either end though, I'm going to have to disagree.

attachment.php

Thank you. In the photo the bridge doesn't seem to be very far off of the ground. How high is the bridge if you know?

I have walked old bridges that were high up where the wood was bleached from age and some of the boards were rotten but I never was afraid walking across them. I never had to balance myself with my hands/arms though.

If the bridge was unsafe wouldn't they close it to visitors? Do you know if there are any warnings signs before approaching the bridge. The reason I asked the bridge does look aged and old but it doesnt look unsafe to me.

If someone fell off this bridge how far would they fall? TIA

I kind of agree with this theory.. Just bc foul play wasnt initially the cause of death.

There hasn't been a manner of death, initially or not.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

the thing im noticing right now is people are coming in mid way through like whats this our 4th or 5th thread of 80 pages, so things that have been asked not to be posted or whatever are continually coming back up because people haven't seen the discussions earlier, not that i expect people to read 300 other pages but its an issue i wonder how we make it easier on people joining us mid way through

Yes...it seems like the same things keep coming around (allowed and not allowed). It might be nice to have a mega thread/summary.

-The photo of the perp may have been taken from a trail cam. Or quite possibly the girls themselves. Or one of the other people at the park.
-There might be a gun in his jacket. Or a hammer. Or a backpack. Or nothing at all.
-There might be a sheath for a knife on his left leg. Or it could be artifacting of the poor image.
-Some people see a person on the left. A person at the end of the bridge. A face to the left of the bridge. They all probably aren't people.
-There's some article floating around "POI Identified as Suspect". They didn't Identify the POI in the picture. They are just saying he's a suspect officially now.

(http://www.wthr.com/article/tips-pour-in-after-suspect-identified-in-delphi-double-homicide)
[FONT=&quot]
"We're trying to get people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland, that were on the interstate, that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," Riley said.[/FONT]

From reading this, it seems that they have had a few reports from people that reported seeing someone matching the description walking in these areas, otherwise it would seem to be a random shot in the dark. The concern I have is that they are mentioning an area that spans about 50 miles or so. Of course, they aren't mentioning a specific timeframe so perhaps it has to do with consistent reports of someone matching the description walking the highway in the days prior.

Then there is the backpack. I did notice them in the videos from the helicopter wading the river in line near the site where they were supposedly found as well as south of the bridge, where someone might look for something that would have been thrown from the bridge itself or simply washed downstream. Doing this early on would imply that had reason to believe something was missing from the scene where the girls were found- clothing, belongings, murder weapon, etc. I am wondering if the girls had a backpack that was missing. In the photo of the suspect, I felt like the loop at the upper portion of his chest could be the top loop of a backpack concealed under a jacket. The jacket does appear to be tight as if he has something concealed inside it, but that picture just isn't good for much more than guessing.

There was also a witness that supposedly saw a man in the park. I'm wondering if she mentioned him having a backpack or duffle bag. It would also be interesting to know when she saw him- if it were before or after it was to have occurred.

The broad area that they are searching for witnesses is a little discouraging to me. That is about 25 miles in two directions on the Hoosier Heartland and then the interstate.

I definitely believe they have some significant evidence that they feel ties the guy to the crime that is beyond the "he was there and hasn't come forward" aspect. I also believe they may have had enough evidence from the beginning to feel this way, but wanted to catch up a bit before they put a lot of pressure on him.

Even with the suspect, this thing doesn't the feel of honing in.
I agree with what you are saying here.

There must be witness sightings of the suspect in that town.

Good post.

Of note - the article which you reference here is NLA. Fwiw

I am now convinced he has something stuffed into his jacket - another jacket, backpack.. the buttons on his coat are stretched.

I agree that on the right side, it seems that there is something heavy in the pocket of his jacket. The fabric is pulled straight down and there is a shadow of the object. Further, it appears in both photos despite him (and the jacket) moving. Is the barrel pointed towards his arm rather than forward?

What, does he have a secret pouch that can be accessed through that opening at the bottom of the jacket so he can pull it out with his left hand? Seems clumsy.

LE has this video, why don't they release more of it? How can MORE photos of this guy hurt the investigation? Does anyone think they have this guy in their sights but are waiting for DNA tests to come back?

And wouldn't people hear the gun shots? It seems that the sound would ricochet all through the woods.

This guy lived there at some point and hung out in these woods - a lot. I think he targeted LG, she looks older in some photos and I am going to be brutally honest but I think she had contact with him, thinking he was a young admirer and told him where they would be. He likely thought she was 15-16 by her fb photos and poor Abigail was in the dark about it.

Why was he not at work? Unemployed? School employee?

I wonder who came up with the idea to hike that bridge/river/woods area and if the parents knew where they were going? I just can't imagine my parents, even 50 years ago when things were much safer and there was no social media, saying 'yes' to such a request. It would never have happened. This is why I think the parents didn't know what was going on. Someone too young talked someone else (also too young for proper discerment) into dropping them off there and I think it was for a secret rendezvous with the all-too-familiar internet predator posing as a teen. Or one of them posted the plans and a parent of one of their school chums caught the post. I do not believe for one second this was a crime of opportunity where they just happened upon this monster while lollygagging on a trail. JMHO

I agree with what you are saying here.

There must be witness sightings of the suspect in that town.

Good post.

Of note - the article which you reference here is NLA. Fwiw

Did you happen to find what I asked you about earlier?

OK, I have a theory on a timeline.

By looking at the shadows of the side rail and the orientation of the bridge with respect to the sun this time of year, it looks like the suspect walked SE on that bridge HOURS BEFORE the younger girl is seen in the photo at 2:07 pm.

That would put the suspect in the woody area on the opposite side of the creek where the girls were found. If he saw them coming and ambushed them, then dragged them down in the woods to do what he did. Could he have then dragged them across to the other side to hide them from being found? Since maybe others had seen him camping out on the south side of the creek?

Just my guess.

Thank you. In the photo the bridge doesn't seem to be very far off of the ground. How high is the bridge if you know?

I have walked old bridges that were high up where the wood was bleached from age and some of the boards were rotten but I never was afraid walking across them. I never had to balance myself with my hands/arms though.

If the bridge was unsafe wouldn't they close it to visitors? Do you know if there are any warnings signs before approaching the bridge. The reason I asked the bridge does look aged and old but it doesnt look unsafe to me.

If someone fell off this bridge how far would they fall? TIA

70 feet.

I think it's been reported at around 63' but that's the highest point and it's not a straight drop from the sides. It's a quick drop off but it's not a cliff. The sides are sloped and tree lined.

Yes, i was just thinking a gun shot would be very obvious at first

In most rural areas, even if you hear a couple of gunshots, you don't think anything of it. Somebody hunting, target shooting, going after a varmint in the henhouse, whatever.

A map that I put together for some outside of Indiana to better understand the recent "Hoosier Heartland" talk.

attachment.php
Great, thank-you very much!

LE is specifically saying Logansport.

They must have more than one credible sighting of someone matching the suspects description there.

Perhaps a witness saw him with a bag prior to the murders.

Jmo

I wondered about that too...any SM contact would have helped identify him by now. And I doubt that he's a pro at scrubbing, unless this is business as usual for him and not his first, in which case I would think they would have him in the database.

It could be that teens have amazingly secret apps now. The messages and photos are hidden or self destruct. Eventually they will be found but usually not immediately. As technology improves the ability to find them does as well.

There are many 9mm Glocks. There is no way one can tell that it's a gun, much less a 9mm, and then which 9mm.

Three different people who know guns have identified what they think is a weapon. I'm not necessarily ready to believe it, but it's evidence that should be weighed.

In most rural areas, even if you hear a couple of gunshots, you don't think anything of it. Somebody hunting, target shooting, going after a varmint in the henhouse, whatever.
Sorry, guess i should clarify. Yes, i lived and live in rural areas. Its not uncommon. I meant if the girls were shot, wouldn't police immediately say foul play, homicide, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member