IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope officers go door to door in the surrounding areas to make sure he is not holding someone hostage in their own house.

LE needs a code word like we see in the movies to have the person blink or something if they are being held against their will from someone right behind the door as they come to the doors.

Hope LE is thinking about doing this if they have not already gone door to door in surrounding area around where bodies were found.

He may have felt panicked after the murders and may have holed up inside someones house very close by until things quiet down.

There was an incident in California of a guy on the run that was shooting at LE and everyone else he would come into contact with. I dont have the case handy. It was the one where he shot at two newspaper delivery persons.

When LE finally got him surrounded he ended up holing up in someones abandoned vacation type house I believe. It was set on fire and burned him up. I still question who actually lit the fire. Could have been an incinerary device tossed inside to get him to come out that may have started the fire. I believe LE thought he set it himself and died in fire as a suicide thing.

Murderers like him become desparate and wont think twice to force a homeowner to feed and house them when they are on the run like he is.

I was on my phone when the gif of the two photos was posted, (my phone won't do gifs) and now I cannot find it while on my computer. Did anyone save the link to bump it for others later? Can someone bump it please. Thanks.

I'm only interested in showing the angles of the boards, which should make it intuitively obvious to a casual observer that the video camera that took the video was not in a stationary place.

For those that do snapchat, how many seconds does it take to hit "send" when you take video? Do you have to take the video while "in the app", or take video, then go into phone, pull and open the app, and then hit send?

TIA

[video=twitter;834059508490047488]https://twitter.com/ISPLafayette/status/834059508490047488[/video]

There will be another press conference tomorrow.
If they're going to wait a while nother day to release more info they MUST know who their man is now and just don't want to spook him right? Why wait a whole day???? Or are we waiting a day to find out they've put out an award on this guy? I just can't figure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Some of the things I read on here bother me. Kind of crazy really. It would be nice if only facts and helpful information was posted.

If they're going to wait a while nother day to release more info they MUST know who their man is now and just don't want to spook him right? Why wait a whole day???? Or are we waiting a day to find out they've put out an award on this guy? I just can't figure.

I get the feeling they know who he is and are trying not to alert him.

[video=twitter;834059508490047488]https://twitter.com/ISPLafayette/status/834059508490047488[/video]

There will be another press conference tomorrow.

Media Advisory (Update: Delphi Double Murder Investigation)
Delphi- Tomorrow at 10:00 a.m., law enforcement will conduct a press conference to provide information on the murder investigation of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

The press conference will be held at the Delphi United Methodist Church, located at 1796 North U.S. 421, Delphi, IN.

What: Provide information about the ongoing double homicide of Liberty German and Abigail Williams

Where: Delphi United Methodist Church at 1796 North U.S. 421, Delphi, IN.

When: Wednesday, February 22, 2017, at 10:00 a.m.

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5856245/

Doesn't seem urgent. Wonder why tomorrow not today?

People are grabbing a straws.

I agree. This is so frustrating. It seems like LE would have some evidence tying him to the crimes. I suspect clothing fibers or something he left behind, that is in the picture. That being said...if the picture was better quality....it'd be so much easier and less frustrating.

If that man was a relative or friend of mine....I can't guarantee that I'd realize it because the picture is so horrible. I can't see how that pic came from a cell phone....cell phone cameras are pretty good these days.

Does anyone know if any of the other people on the trail spoke about seeing this man that day??? Maybe they'd do better with a sketch of the perp.

Its just so sad that there's a pic....but its such bad quality.

Another thing....I'm torn between thinking that this was a random crime of opportunity....and a premeditated one. I think this killer is cocky and experienced, simply because he took on two people. Two-on-one is pretty brave....even with the age of the victims. Also...it seems that he would have to have been acquainted with the area. Even as someone who doesn't reside there...maybe he did at one time, has relatives there, or has worked there.

My fear is that there's a highway nearby...and if it was random...and he zoomed away.....all we have is a poor quality picture and some DNA left behind....finding him seems impossible. Unless he's cocky enough to strike again....since the weather is getting nicer....more people will be out walking.

I'm in favor of a DNA database that all citizens submit to. I know it sounds crazy and over the top. In this day and age...we have no privacy anyways because of our technology. I would be all about submitting my DNA to a database if it meant that more killers would be found faster and brought to justice.

I want to help......what can us regular people do to help????

Maybe they've been notified someone is going to turn themselves in by the end of the day today? Wishful thinking?

hmmmm.. Maybe I am confused about the timeline, but he said he was asked permission to search his property that evening after 6:30 pm. If I have my information correct, they didn't call off the search until midnight. Some people here have speculated that the search was called off because they didn't have permission to search private property. So did they search his property that night and find nothing? That would raise a whole bunch of obvious questions? Or did he give permission in the early evening and they decided not to search then... which doesn't seem logical because why would they ask permission to search his property only to decide not to? Note I am in no way suggesting this man had anything to do with any of this..only noting what seems to be conflicting information. TIA

If they got permission after 6:30pm it was already pretty dark or close, & I'm sure difficult to see in the woods. I'm also guessing that at 6:30 there wasn't a mob of people waiting at his property line to cross & search at the moment he gave permission.
Of course I just posted my thinking it was strange that searchers found them within 30 minutes or so of organized search starting, but if they had only gotten permission after it was already pretty dark, maybe not so strange........yet, still why start at 11:45? Considering that news reports are actually correct........which they hardly ever seem to be anymore :/

I saw that too, however he has a large property and it would have been dark. Perhaps they were overlooked. I feel like it would have been a needle in a haystack during that time of day on his huge, hilly property. Sad either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a missed opportunity for this interviewer. It may be as you say that they did indeed begin searching his property that night, but maybe they didn't. A really good follow up question would have been so did they to your knowledge search your property that night and if so did they search the area the girls were found the next day? Seems to me to be a really critical point...If the search was called off at midnight, they had 5 1/2 hours to search the area, much of it in the dark. Assuming it was dark by 7:30 that would be 4 1/2 hours they did search in the dark, so they called it off at midnight because it was dark? Something isn't adding up here for me. Did they search the area the night before and they weren't there? Now it may be that information is being heavily guarded by LE but I thought I read early on that they didn't have permission to search his property until the next morning, can anyone who has read these thousands of threads and corresponding news articles help me out with this.. TIA

I was on my phone when the gif of the two photos was posted, (my phone won't do gifs) and now I cannot find it while on my computer. Did anyone save the link to bump it for others later? Can someone bump it please. Thanks.

I'm only interested in showing the angles of the boards, which should make it intuitively obvious to a casual observer that the video camera that took the video was not in a stationary place.

For those that do snapchat, how many seconds does it take to hit "send" when you take video? Do you have to take the video while "in the app", or take video, then go into phone, pull and open the app, and then hit send?

TIA

This is a good point and why I also thought the camera that took the bridge photo was in a tree with a trail cam. The photo was straightened out IMO by someone and lots of them being shared with MSM have the straightened out ones.

One of the MSM articles I saw had one where the photo on left was at an angle where it looked like camera was in a tree limb blowing in the wind causing the photo to be angled.

Will see if I can find it.

This is what I am choosing to believe. Hopefully tomorrows news conference will include an arrest. Give that community some peace.

TIA

JMO
Here is an example of one of the photos where I believe the wind was blowing the tree limb where a trail cam took the photo. Its the one on top.

I think MSM and other sharing had straightened the photo out in lots of other shares of it. I believe the original was this angled one. JMO

ETA Another possibility is if a passerby took the photo they could have angled their cell phone camera too.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liberty-german-abigail-williams-suspect-man-photos-bridge-delphi-trails-picture-identity/

Maybe they've been notified someone is going to turn themselves in by the end of the day today? Wishful thinking?

Might be possible that he was found and caught, but in another area/state, and they want him in their own custody before they give a presser.

Or, this will be one of those non-presser pressers. We've certainly seen those.

Thanks to the Mods for keeping this clean and calm. Many speculations but no MSM releases until Tomorrow. [emoji20]
Going to ride horses through the woods and not let the outside world ruin it for me!
Praying for capture and closure for the families [emoji1317]

I like your optimism and hope you're right. I feel they don't know who he is. I think they are being pressured by the public for an update, thus the announcement of the press conference tomorrow, which buys them an extra day. I hope I'm wrong about that.

First post here.

I'm not a "local" but I live in West Lafayette - about 20 mins from Delphi. We visit there often to check out the different antique shops and local restaurants. I do know some people who grew up in Delphi and lived there until recently, and a few that work there but live here. One who is related to one of the victims. I do not have insider information. Just wanted to share a few thoughts/opinions from someone who lives close:

1. It's fairly common around here to be out "hiking" in normal clothes as Abby appears to be wearing. Here in Laf/WL we have a large trail system (similar to the trail system in Delphi), a lot of which are paved, some that go in and out of different parks, wooded areas, along highways, behind buildings, through neighborhoods, etc. So when the reports say they were going "hiking" we have to remember this isn't mountain hiking or even rugged middle of nowhere hiking. There's nothing out of the ordinary that it appears that they didn't have a huge stash of hiking equipment with them. These trails are frequented by runners, walkers, nature lovers, moms with strollers, etc. It's not abnormal to go walking on the trails in shorts, tee shirt and sandals in the summer.

2. The weather can change radically. And people react in different ways to these radical weather changes. It has been in the high 60's recently (very unseasonably warm) and I see people out walking in sleeveless shirts and shorts and coats zipped up and long pants. So the fact that she wasn't dressed like the suspect was in the picture doesn't really mean much IMO. And when it IS in the 40's in the middle of February, as it was that day, (quite a jump from the teens and 20's) people are out enjoying the weather as if it's springtime. Also, she very well could have taken a coat that was not pictured. They are teenage girls and are it's more important to look cute than to not be chilly. It could have been sitting on the ground not pictured.

3. I, too, have been scrutinizing the POI pic. But as I sat here and read through I began realizing that while it's great we are all trying to figure out what the heck he was wearing, when it comes down to it, it probably doesn't matter as much now, because I'm SURE those clothes are long gone by now. Yes, we need to be on the lookout for someone possibly wearing similar clothes with similar features, or something similar thrown out in the woods or along a roadway. But sadly, we are most likely passed the point of seeing the suspect walking along in the same outfit. Unless we have the world's dumbest criminal. Which would be GREAT, but isn't likely.

4. I don't think Abby's demeanor in the pic is anything odd (looking down, hands in pockets or not, etc). IMO, this is taken before they encountered the suspect. It seems totally rational that they were taking their time, walking along slowly, stopping to take selfies, pictures, edit them, laugh about them, sit down and take a break, etc. They are teenage girls in an area they seemed to spend time on previously and seemed to have no reason to have thought they were doing anything other than enjoying a nice day off of school in a familiar area they seem to have frequented before. Sadly, they were most likely not paying any attention to their surroundings or other people who were out there that day.

5. The people I know who grew up in Delphi ALL told me they grew up playing on those trails, in the woods, down in the creek, fishing, walking, throwing rocks, exploring, etc. Yes I know it was a different time then, but (and i think this has been mentioned before) in a small town like Delphi you sometimes have a (in this case false) sense of security. That being said, neither of the people I knew had been on the bridge. I, personally, wouldn't step foot on that thing, but I'm afraid of heights. But I know people have taken senior pictures on the bridge, and obviously people cross it.

That's all I got folks, just wanted to share a few things that were on my mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper