IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer your question - No, there is no difference when it comes to tracing or record keeping.
Thanks, Jethro. Glad to see you're on the case for A and L.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Awesome first post. Welcome to WS and agree with everything you said.

:yesss:

[FONT=.SF UI Text]Has there ever been a more ambiguous set of photos than BG1 & 2 ?[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]The only BG I know is Barry Gibb and I think he was recording that day ...[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]I have read all the threads and have mostly found them engaging.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]Despite his foibles, I believe RL has been treated with some excessive scrutiny at times. A victim of circumstance perhaps. Time will tell.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]It's entirely possible he could have been there. If so he would gain a Guinness world record entry for being the only near 80 yr old to negotiate a 60ft high rickety bridge walking on the edge with no railing, hands in pocket while holding a puppy, knife, rope, sword, gun, baseball bat, goggles and wearing a catheter. Sounds plausible. And being at his property for 53 yrs would give him plenty of time to plan it. You don't want to rush into these things.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]I do believe in innocence until proven guilty and as long as RL is "not labelled a suspect" and as long as LE is "not real optimistic" at having already solved the case, I shall look in other directions.[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]Like everybody else, I am here for two reasons. A&L[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]There is something compelling about this case, something grossly unfair that two young girls have been denied a future, for no good reason, something that needs to be resolved for the sake of their families.[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]All MOO[/FONT]

I think they were suspicious at the time, but I don't believe they found anything that connected RL to the murders...MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, authorities spent many hours at RL's farm during the search and removed several bags, as well as taking his truck. Since the search, LE has not reported on what, if anything, was discovered and I doubt LE would release this information. MOO

Would they let a murderer run free if in fact they knew he was in on it,even if they were building a case?

F

just thinking out loud. RL was arrested on 3/10 for probation violations. The probable cause search warrant was served on his property on 3/17. LE stated at the time that the warrant was in connection to the homocide investigation. They later stated that he was not a suspect at this time, he was involved in the investigation. Could RL have given LE some kind of tip or lead that lead to the search warrant ? Being his truck was confiscated during the search, and the door tagged with an evidence marker to preserve its contents, did RL loan his truck to someone? Has he inadvertently given the killer access to his property? Is he now in jail for his own protection after giving LE info right before the SW was executed? Does LE have someone in their sights and waiting till all forensics are returned (4 to 6 weeks, it's been about 5) Moo, but speaking with my heart, maybe not my brain!

What information could LE have possibly presented to the judge in order to obtain a SW for the Bicycle Bridge Road property? It obviously had to be more than just someone remotely looks like the BG pic that was released the previous day. Something or someone led them to that property, with enough PC to get a judge to sign off on a SW.

"Police say they acted on a tip they got and searched the home on Bicycle Bridge Road. No arrests have been made"

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/isp-serves-search-warrant-in-connection-with-deaths-of-delphi-teens-no-arrests-made/

Had to be a pretty hefty tip IMO

We were told by LE that quite a few people were arrested on charges not connected to the murder during the early part of this investigation as they went through the routine of checking out tips and leads. We all know that LE doesn't always speak the truth to the public so I wonder if any of those that were arrested on other charges were also being considered to be involved in this crime in one way or the other. I'm curious if any of those arrested are in jail until the forensic analyses is complete before LE releases them. Obviously, I'm not asking for names of those arrested but does anyone know how many were arrested and how many are in jail? Any locals here?

F

just thinking out loud. RL was arrested on 3/10 for probation violations. The probable cause search warrant was served on his property on 3/17. LE stated at the time that the warrant was in connection to the homocide investigation. They later stated that he was not a suspect at this time, he was involved in the investigation. Could RL have given LE some kind of tip or lead that lead to the search warrant ? Being his truck was confiscated during the search, and the door tagged with an evidence marker to preserve its contents, did RL loan his truck to someone? Has he inadvertently given the killer access to his property? Is he now in jail for his own protection after giving LE info right before the SW was executed? Does LE have someone in their sights and waiting till all forensics are returned (4 to 6 weeks, it's been about 5) Moo, but speaking with my heart, maybe not my brain!
they said he was not a suspect prior to, during and after the search. Couple that with the fact that LE rarely names a suspect prior to arrest. I do not think they do not put people in jail for their own protection. For that they could have put someone outside one's home.

Thanks for all the comments about the other picture. I'm afraid this one didn't turn out looking quite as normal, but the original isn't quite as clear. I know the head looks a bit too small and somewhat lopsided, but I don't want to change it because I have no idea what to change it to. I wish there was more that could be done with the face, but I don't want to try doing more than just changing contrast, brightness, color saturation, and other things that don't really change the look (just the amount of it's that's visible.)

View attachment 115565

That looks a lot skinnier than the suspect

indianaSuspect.jpg

[video=youtube;I_B9tdkBKa8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_B9tdkBKa8[/video]

The day of the search at RL's farm.

We were told by LE that quite a few people were arrested on charges not connected to the murder during the early part of this investigation as they went through the routine of checking out tips and leads. We all know that LE doesn't always speak the truth to the public so I wonder if any of those that were arrested on other charges were also being considered to be involved in this crime in one way or the other. I'm curious if any of those arrested are in jail until the forensic analyses is complete before LE releases them. Obviously, I'm not asking for names of those arrested but does anyone know how many were arrested and how many are in jail? Any locals here?

BBM

Do you think it's common that LE lie to the public when informing them of progress in solving a case?

If so, I wonder is that a good thing? What I mean by that, does it erode public faith in LE in general? Shouldn't the public have the right to have confidence in LE that their press releases are honest and truthful?

Sure LE is legally allowed to use any tactics necessary when interviewing suspects and from time to time drops red herrings that would only be meaningful to the guilty culprit but I honestly can't think of a time when LE has lied to the public about the progress of a case. If they want to guard their responses to a specific question from the media, they are experts at noncommittal answers if they do choose, usually in reference to "protecting the integrity of the investigation".

So my question, is LE not being truthful regarding the progress of a case a common thing? Other examples?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

he could already be incarcerated on another charge.

Thats what I was getting at. RL was given the option of posting bail but decided to stay in.Would LE intentionally let him walk if they had even the slightest bit of evidence that he took part in the killing?

Hmmm so it may look like RL did see the girls getting into a car? That's the way I read this quote ""When they said the two girls were missing I never thought the worst," said Logan "I just figured well they got into the car and got with someone else like teenagers do."
He knows something, but does he know who owns the vehicle he claims to have seen the girls getting into? "the" car not just "a" car :thinking:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...e-bodies-of-two-missing-teen-girls-were-found

I also think that the fact that intensive scrutiny of the photo has proven to yield endless and often contrary possibilities was also intentional. It's not that LE did a poor job in capturing a likeness. The photo was purposely released as a portrayal of vagueness because that's the best image a distant video that was blurred by motion was able to capture.

That it's been subject of the pursuit of finer details yet nothing has been conclusively determined is an illustration of its success.

During the recent LE interview on the subject of tips, it was asked that tips be provided, and urged people not to rationalize why it might not be important. My example of rationalization would be not to call in a tip because oh heck, he can't be BG because he's younger, older, taller, shorter, thinner, fatter...(add here)........than the person in the photo.

BG could almost be anyone, packing along anything, wearing any type of similar clothing. That's what LE intended to portray.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If that's what they intended to portray, then the image is virtually useless. Since the man in the photo could be anyone, then the only reason to call in a tip is if you've seen other suspicious behavior from a person you know/suspect. Otherwise, you would look at the picture that could be anyone and call in every man you've ever met who even vaguely resembled the build of BG. And, EVEN THAT is up for debate.

Just MOO, but I do think it's helpful to dissect the picture to come up with a few suspected conclusions.

I doubt he saw them get into a car. Sounds like he is just thinking aloud, rambling a bit...jmo

Hmmm so it may look like RL did see the girls getting into a car? That's the way I read this quote ""When they said the two girls were missing I never thought the worst," said Logan "I just figured well they got into the car and got with someone else like teenagers do."
He knows something, but does he know who owns the vehicle he claims to have seen the girls get into? "the" car not just "a" car :thinking:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...e-bodies-of-two-missing-teen-girls-were-found

"I just figured" means the same as "in my opinion".

RL is being asked to speculate what might have occurred when he first heard about two missing girls.

I doubt he saw them get into a car. Sounds like he is just thinking aloud, rambling a bit...jmo

But what may would make RL think the girls got into "the" car. Did anyone else LE interviewed mention any vehicle and the girls may have gotten into one? Word, but his rambling IF that's what he was doing likely made LE look at him more closely? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman