IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way back on thread one or 2 when the girls were found there was some confusion. Because there was a discussion as to if the girls committed suicide.
I think it was when they were first found and there was no mention of foul play.
The discussion ran ahead of the facts. Jmo

Understood. I remember the discussion but thought it was just talk, not based on LE's statements.

ETA: I should have clarified in my original statement that I meant there was no doubt on the part of LE, not the general public.

ETA: Now we know what LE saw must have been awful, from the comments they've made.

From the media thread. Post #9

-12 a.m. Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says in a news release that there is no reason to suspect foul play or to believe the girls are in immediate danger. The biggest concern is exposure to the elements.

Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017

-Tuesday morning: The search resumes with teams of volunteers and police officers. The effort also includes K-9 units and dive teams.

-Noon: Searchers find two bodies about a half-mile away from the bridge.

-2 p.m. During a news conference, authorities announce the discovery of the bodies but give no indication of their identities. They say for the first time that “foul play” is suspected in connection with the case.

BBM and I highlighted in red.

Ah then I am mistaken. Apologies! I thought I read that when LE discovered the bodies, they did not expect foul play. Thanks for clarifying.

I didn't follow this story from the start, so I must be misremembering. Thanks again. 

The above is just my opinion.

As Eileen reminded me, it was discussed here but that was before seeing LE's faces and body language during the first press conference.

If you haven't been following closely, the last interview with LE is very concerning. They are still asking for tips to identify the man on the bridge and the Sgt. said "optimism isn't real high".

Your not mistaken this was discussed ...
It wasn't till later it was all cleared up.
Some of us were there for the discussion many were not.
Like I said it was discussion without all the facts.

But yes we do know they were murdered.
Thank you, thank you.

IMO, this solidifies that what rocked those police officers was the video and or audio. Those poor people for having to watch/listen to that.

Those poor girls.

I think in the back of my head I had been holding out hope that it did not cause prolonged anguish and pain. But this is shaking me back into thinking that it was a terrible, awful ordeal. [emoji20]

My brain keeps nudging to go back the beginning. I followed this from the start, however I didn't see all the media articles. I just now googled news for 2/13-2/14 and found some early articles saying police stated the girls were found in the creek and one from TIME stating "near the shore" (which could be interpreted as on the bank or further on RL's land). MSM goofs a lot, but if they were repeating what the police initially said, why would they say 'in the creek' then change it later? A given location is either in a creek or on the land in woods, there is no mistaking the difference in geography. So many confusing things about this case... MOO

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/14/carr...vide-update-on-two-missing-13-year-old-girls/
Police say the bodies were found in Deer Creek in Delphi about a half mile from the bridge.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/14/officials-give-update-on-two-missing-carroll-county-teens/
Police say the bodies were found in Deer Creek in Delphi about a half mile from the bridge.

http://time.com/4672330/delphi-indiana-missing-teens-girls/
Indiana authorities on Wednesday identified a pair of bodies they found near the shore as Abigail Williams and Liberty German, two teenagers who went missing earlier this week.

As Eileen reminded me, it was discussed here but that was before seeing LE's faces and body language during the first press conference.

If you haven't been following closely, the last interview with LE is very concerning. They are still asking for tips to identify the man on the bridge and the Sgt. said "optimism isn't real high".
I saw that. I am a bit of an eternal optimist and am hoping that perhaps this is some sort of ploy on the part of law enforcement. However, I can't wrap my head around a plausible scenario.

I have to think that if LE had no leads, the family would be pushing them hard. This past winter when we had a local man go missing, the family rode law enforcement and the politicians persistently and publicly. I have to think that without any leads, even if the immediate family isn't doing this, the townspeople would be. I wonder if there is more information out there--true but not publicly disclosed--that we are not privy to in this forum.

Thank you, thank you.

IMO, this solidifies that what rocked those police officers was the video and or audio. Those poor people for having to watch/listen to that.

Those poor girls.

I think in the back of my head I had been holding out hope that it did not cause prolonged anguish and pain. But this is shaking me back into thinking that it was a terrible, awful ordeal. [emoji20]

RBBM

I think it was a combination of what they saw/heard and the bodies. There is at least one comment from LE very early on about "the way the bodies were found" indicated foul play. moo

For anyone thinking about calling in a tip, the Sgt made it clear they want you to call (with tips, not advice).

Not just if you know someone who looks/sounds like bridge guy, but if you SEE someone who looks like him Call.

For anyone thinking about calling in a tip, the Sgt made it clear they want you to call (with tips, not advice).

Not just if you know someone who looks/sounds like bridge guy, but if you SEE someone who looks like him Call.

IMO, the photo is not nearly clear enough to call in a tip just from seeing someone who looks like him, unless they restrict the geographical area. I'm several hundred miles away and saw a man who "looked like" BG in my grocery store parking lot. There's no way I'd be calling that in.

I don't think this man will be caught.
I don't think they even have DNA.

I'm beginning to think they only TIME he touched them was when he killed them.
A gun was not used
2 shots would have been heard.
It was very quick.
He was gone.

All jmo

Gun shots are so common in rural areas I doubt if anyone would pay any attention. Especially a small caliber like a .22.

But, yes, I suspected a scenario where the killer lost control and then they were attacked quickly. I believe they were both deceased or fatally wounded by the time their ride came to pick them up. The killer could even have been out of the woods and on his way out of the area by then.

I’ve been lurking here for a while and am now almost up-to-date. I have to say there’s been some excellent sleuthing on this forum and I understand how frustrating it is for everyone to be kept in the dark, especially for members who live in or near the area. I’m more than happy to wait though and allow LE to complete their investigations. After all, they must be allowed to develop an ironclad case and see that this perpetrator/s is locked up forever. Those poor little girls and their heartbroken families just fills me with so much sadness.

(modsnip)

Thing is I'm sure he does not look like that any longer.
Does anyone remember someone that looked like that before the murders....that maybe changed the way he dresses.
This qwas why I do t think they should have released that photo. They should have held on To that shared it with all law enforcement and rode arouu d looking for this man asking questions maybe made a composit sketch but not once that photo went out that man did t look like that man any longer. Jmo

The 12:00am (in red) i assume to be 13th midnight.? That is bothersome to me that was their train of thought after not being heard from since being dropped of at 1:00/1:30. Jmo

From the media thread. Post #9

-12 a.m. Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says in a news release that there is no reason to suspect foul play or to believe the girls are in immediate danger. The biggest concern is exposure to the elements.

Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017

-Tuesday morning: The search resumes with teams of volunteers and police officers. The effort also includes K-9 units and dive teams.

-Noon: Searchers find two bodies about a half-mile away from the bridge.

-2 p.m. During a news conference, authorities announce the discovery of the bodies but give no indication of their identities. They say for the first time that “foul play” is suspected in connection with the case.

BBM and I highlighted in red.

My brain keeps nudging to go back the beginning. I followed this from the start, however I didn't see all the media articles. I just now googled news for 2/13-2/14 and found some early articles saying police stated the girls were found in the creek and one from TIME stating "near the shore" (which could be interpreted as on the bank or further on RL's land). MSM goofs a lot, but if they were repeating what the police initially said, why would they say 'in the creek' then change it later? A given location is either in a creek or on the land in woods, there is no mistaking the difference in geography. So many confusing things about this case... MOO

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/14/carr...vide-update-on-two-missing-13-year-old-girls/

http://fox59.com/2017/02/14/officials-give-update-on-two-missing-carroll-county-teens/

Indiana authorities on Wednesday identified a pair of bodies they found near the shore as Abigail Williams and Liberty German, two teenagers who went missing earlier this week.
Thanks for this post Kizzy. I was querying the 50-60 ft from the bank/water/water's edge yesterday on the last thread. As these are all MSM from the 14th I will look for a LE link too on the media thread. Unless any of you wizzos can link it for us?

Regarding the BG pic, has anyone taken the visible side of his face that is in the light and replicated it to make it into a full face on any of the previous threads? If not, could that be done ? (Website? You're good at that stuff)

Re. The "watch". Could it be the butt end of the pistol/taser/whatever poking out below the jacket? When I look at the "watch" the pistol outline and the question mark at the top, they could even be joined as if they are one continuation under his jacket. He does look like his jacket is stuffed with gear and the bum bag too, he could be maintenance for the bridge? Has anyone checked out the CSX staff?

All JMO

Deer Creek isn't just the name of the creek. The area is also called Deer Creek Township, so that could explain some of those comments.

HTH's (I had the same question earlier)

What really frustrates me about this case is that they've been so tight-lipped with just about everything but those two, not so great, still frames and then, with just a little over 2 months in on the investigation, they've openly said optimism isn't high..which, I don't know about anyone else, but I personally can't recall a case where LE has went from being optimistic about solving a crime to basically saying that optimism has dropped so soon. I mean, if this is how they're feeling now, then I would think it's time to try giving the public just a little something more to go on.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing LE, like I said..it's just frustrating.

jmo

Way back on thread one or 2 when the girls were found there was some confusion. Because there was a discussion as to if the girls committed suicide.
I think it was when they were first found and there was no mention of foul play.
The discussion ran ahead of the facts. Jmo

The 12:00am (in red) i assume to be 13th midnight.? That is bothersome to me that was their train of thought after not being heard from since being dropped of at 1:00/1:30. Jmo

yes Elley Mae 12 am is the 13th.

DeDee -

You said, "The clear bag and IV tubing would be easily obtainable, for a psychopath, via a hospital setting, an outpatient surgical care, ambulance medics, etc. It may be the same place where he garnered some of his other tools used for the tasks."

For the third time, what kind of tools are you referring to?

And, you said that the murders were so heinous that the bodies could only be identified through an autopsy. That is simply not true.

What really frustrates me about this case is that they've been so tight-lipped with just about everything but those two, not so great, still frames and then, with just a little over 2 months in on the investigation, they've openly said optimism isn't high..which, I don't know about anyone else, but I personally can't recall a case where LE has went from being optimistic about solving a crime to basically saying that optimism has dropped so soon. I mean, if this is how they're feeling now, then I would think it's time to try giving the public just a little something more to go on.

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing LE, like I said..it's just frustrating.

jmo

I don't think they have anything to go on.

The house at the very end of 625W looks like it is the nearest property to the CS. I have also seen it mentioned on here that this property sometimes had a RV parked up and that the owners might be "snowbirds". Do we therefore know if that property was empty at the time of the murders? If it was empty at the time, the grounds may have been used by the perp for a hideout or even the actual crime? If it wasn't empty, the occupants could have seen or heard something. Was it searched perhaps and visited to ask permission, as was done with RL property? Anyone know?

I just googled and found that intentionally deceiving the public during a homicide investigation is a rarity. What I fail to grasp on any level was how they claimed the public was not in danger and yet have also alluded to not knowing who the killer is. Those 2 points are counterintuitive.
Have they retracted their belief of the public not being in danger?

all jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member