IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Samsung Galaxy s3 has an "emergency call" button. Is this what you are referring to?

Edited To Add: Just pulled out my s3, and double-checked where the "emergency call" button is located. I've got the "lock" feature enabled. When I go to the unlock screen, I see the "emergency call" button below.

Therefore, I'm assuming I don't need to unlock my phone to make an emergency call, I can just hit the "emergency call" button, and it will do a "911" call.

The feature I'm referring to requires three quick presses of the power button on my Samsung. It can be modified to another, similar method. There are apps you can download which work similarly, but will call 911 automatically, etc.

Those are all very good points. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the best strategy is to run in different directions. My son and a friend were at a park late one evening when they were accosted by a gang who told my son and friend they were going to kill them. My son and friend split up, ran in different directions even though it was dark and they were in a treed area. Sadly, the gang chose to go after my son, but his friend got away and called police. Helicopters were in the area within minutes. My son managed to run to a restaurant and get help, but he was injured - no long lasting injuries.

Splitting up means one can get help. Even though this suspect in Indiana may have had a gun, I don't think he would have used it because it would have attracted too much attention.

Wonder LE surely has looked into the possibility i hope i lnow i looked rhrough the cemetery list, and was actually being crazy and looking for dates related to when the girls went missing. All imo always good question

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

The February 13th maybe a wonderful date of a "happy wedding day" ... or something similar .... :thinking:

To me it indicates the girls were murdered in the location where their bodies were found. My theory is they were attempting to flee once they realized the danger.

While some might believe the same area was previously searched, there's no evidence to indicate anything other than trails and riverbanks were searched in the darkness of that first night. For searchers to risk their wellbeing by climbing up or down steep banks, that'd be rather unusual if no foul play was expected at that time.

How the perp got there or where he parked, such little information has been released. However early on LE did request information about any vehicles parked between 1 to 5pm. We don't know what reports they received.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The photo posted yesterday showed how close to the creek edge the CS was and didn't look that steep. There was also a visible track down too. Did you see that pic? The girls were only a short distance from the Creek edge -50 feet - 4 or 5 car lengths only.

Who maintains the property of the cemetery?
Who currently(as well as in the past) digs the graves?

Sent from my LGL51AL using Tapatalk

Not sure who the caretaker or gravedigger is, but here is the owner info:

Deeded Owner: Morning Heights Cemetery, 201 S. Union St., Delphi, IN

(Note: This is the same address as the City of Delphi - mayor's office, court house)

https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Ap...PageID=2980&KeyValue=08-06-21-000-032.000-006

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=1983408

http://www.cityofdelphi.org/index.php

The feature I'm referring to requires three quick presses of the power button on my Samsung. It can be modified to another, similar method. There are apps you can download which work similarly, but will call 911 automatically, etc.

Yes, just figured that out, and set it accordingly. Thank you for letting us know about this!

Problem would be: you have to recognize that your are in eminently danger. Who thinks of murderers on their walking way if they meet an unsympathetic man?

In thread #54, cindersoot asked: I need opinions, do you think BG is wearing a holster? If a holster would left handed I assume. Does anyone see rivets on the holster?

Sorry for the late response, but I suspect no holster. The gun is very obvious against the fabric of the jacket, and its weight seems to be pulling on the fabric, suggesting it's carried in a jacket pocket. A real expert might even be able to guess the make and model (I'm not an expert, but the shape doesn't look right for a 1911 or Glock 20/21, though the gun is perhaps as large as those models). A holstered gun would not normally be so visible under a jacket. With a holster, the weight of the gun would be supported either by the belt (belt holster) or the neck and shoulders (shoulder holster), allowing the jacket fabric to drape over--and better conceal--the pistol.

I thought of a Captive bolt pistol, maybe possible? I don't know about the size.

<snip>

I think it's an act of kindness to let people know that a separate thread has been created to discuss all things related to the police photo of the suspect ... not an act of policing others. If we don't share this information in the thread, how will people who have been away for a couple of days know about the new discussion thread?

Not sure who the caretaker or gravedigger is, but here is the owner info:

Deeded Owner: Morning Heights Cemetery, 201 S. Union St., Delphi, IN

(Note: This is the same address as the City of Delphi - mayor's office, court house)

https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Ap...PageID=2980&KeyValue=08-06-21-000-032.000-006

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=1983408

http://www.cityofdelphi.org/index.php
Thank you for the info and links. &#128077;

Sent from my LGL51AL using Tapatalk

The photo posted yesterday showed how close to the creek edge the CS was and didn't look that steep. There was also a visible track down too. Did you see that pic? The girls were only a short distance from the Creek edge -50 feet - 4 or 5 car lengths only.

Yes I saw the photo. The yellow tape on the edge doesn't necessarily mean the bodies were placed next to it and we don't know how large an area was taped off. There are other photos with crime scene tape that appear to be higher above the river.

Regardless, even if it was level and 50 to 60 away from the river, that still proves nothing. If the searchers were looking along both sides of the river, knowing there was a treacherous bridge going over it, imo they were looking for signs of an accidental fall into the river and possible drowning. Whenever there's a river and missing people, that's the first thing that's always thought of, in my world anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many of us have to scroll past posts on subjects we don't want to read about either and we have been doing that for months. Pictures that you don't want to look at are easier to scroll by as you see right away they are of no interest to you.When we scroll past written posts sometimes we need to scan the first few sentences before we realize that we are not interested or we have heard it before. Now that is time consuming.

imo

Btw: we have no TapaTalk thread - why? ;)

I thought of a Captive bolt pistol, maybe possible? I don't know about the size.

Hadn't heard of those, but from the photos at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_bolt_pistol, I don't think so. First, it's a contact weapon, and what he needed the gun for was intimidation, not for killing. Second, the gun we seem to see through the fabric looks like a fairly large, conventional pistol, though not as slim and streamlined as a 1911 or big Glock. More like a Sig or FN, with their heavier looking front ends. Not as sure, but I think some HKs and Walthers have a similar look.

Agreed. Until I'd become more involved with WS since this case started, I was unaware of the fact that abductions of multiple victims, by one perp, is more commonplace than many might think. Another case is the Colonial Parkway Murders, where it's believed there was one perp, but in each killing there were two victims. The perp most likely posed as a LEO, and the Parkway killings could be related to others in Virginia and down the coast.

Israel Keyes (a SK I didn't have a clue about until recently, thanks to WS) abducted a couple in Vermont, woke them up in their bedroom, then drove them in their own vehicle to an abandoned house, where he sexually assaulted the wife, and killed both. It's the 'surprise' aspect which I think is a big factor in abduction cases, and ends up spooking LE, as it reveals premeditation on the part of the perp, well thought out plans, if you will.

This killer has to have had some experience, before Feb. 13th. It seems like they are messy or sloppy at first, then get more efficient and whatnot with each murder. .

Agreed, and the killer would not have wanted to go back to try to find it, despite the short distance involved (SE end of the bridge to the CS). It's one more bit of info we'll get at some point. I hold that the incident was over in a matter of minutes, and that the killer would have wanted to get out of there.

I've spent a lot of time in wooded areas at night. A typical incandescent flashlight throws a fairly narrow beam. What I would call a 'search flashlight', like someone might have on a boat, firefighters use, etc., is less common but they may have used them that night. MOO is the "search" in the vicinity of RL's property and behind the cemetery could have been a quick one, they may not have walked down to the creek area. .

I still maintain that the search didn't have much of a sense of urgency because LE and the searchers believed the girls were not in danger.
This video is helpful in seeing the searchers - trained and untrained. You will see that decent flashlights were being used.

At the 29 second mark you can hear and see the creek (to the right). The elevation above the creek is not high. That portion of the video was very likely captured on the same flat area where the girls were found. I haven't determined the specific location on the flat area yet but it is either at the western end of the flat area before you would get to the girls headed East or more east and either almost due south of where the girls were or further east and already past the location where the girls were found.

I am working on finding the Sycamore tree (thanks NIN) in that scene at 29 seconds - those round reddish things hanging are found on Sycamore trees. The tree is low so it is either a young tree or a bent over tree.

The yellow reflection in the water is light reflecting off the yellow reflective parts of the firefighters jackets/pants. Other parts of the video will also show searchers and all of this activity appears to be taken on the North side of the creek and East of the bridge based on the known topography of the area.

[video=youtube;Kop2LjEGm_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kop2LjEGm_8[/video]

You now we've disagreed about a few things, but I also believe the ravine, it's a part of RL property correct? Correct me if wrong.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
It is the border of RL and the property owner west of RL's land. The property line runs through the middle. From the Getty video (WXIN) at the 30 second mark you can see what it looks like near the southern end (below is a screen cap). At the northern end is the Southwest corner of the cemetery.

attachment.php

The girls were found East of this location, as seen in this media photo (you can see RL's dog).

attachment.php

It is very likely that the location within that crime scene where the girls were found is where the red arrow is pointing in the image below.

attachment.php

That location was determined from matching up trees from this video posted on RTV6 reporter Rich Van Wyk's twitter feed which shows where family and friends were allowed to place flowers. I highly suspect that is the location where the girls were found.

[video=twitter;833751458885537793]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/833751458885537793[/video]

Attachments

• WestRavine.jpg
    WestRavine.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 689
  • C4zhzo7WAAQh3C8.jpg
    C4zhzo7WAAQh3C8.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 701
  • WhereIthinkbodieswere.jpg
    WhereIthinkbodieswere.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 695
Whoops. That screen cap was garbage of the southern end of the ravine.

Trying again.

attachment.php

Attachments

• WestRavine.jpg
    WestRavine.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 565
In thread #54, cindersoot asked: I need opinions, do you think BG is wearing a holster? If a holster would left handed I assume. Does anyone see rivets on the holster?

Sorry for the late response, but I suspect no holster. The gun is very obvious against the fabric of the jacket, and its weight seems to be pulling on the fabric, suggesting it's carried in a jacket pocket. A real expert might even be able to guess the make and model (I'm not an expert, but the shape doesn't look right for a 1911 or Glock 20/21, though the gun is perhaps as large as those models). A holstered gun would not normally be so visible under a jacket. With a holster, the weight of the gun would be supported either by the belt (belt holster) or the neck and shoulders (shoulder holster), allowing the jacket fabric to drape over--and better conceal--the pistol.
The handgun shape reminds me of an H&K (Heckler & Koch) VP9 SK

Sent from my Commodore 64

I guess that BG was at least initially totally unaware that he was being recorded. It appears the Libby was probably focused in on getting another good shot of Abby and BG was just in the picture. LE stated that the poor quality was from being cropped out of a larger frame. I imagine as many of you do that she slipped the phone into her pocket and recorded the audio.

From a self preservation standpoint in this type of situation should we tell our girls (I have 3) that instead of hiding the fact that you have recorded evidence, attempt to use this to your advantage. Perhaps it would be better to get in his face and capture good video and audio to use as leverage for your survival. Essentially make it clear to him that you have sent high quality electronic data of him to the cloud and that if anything happens to you then he will immediately be identified.

Is this the better approach? Does it entirely depend on the perpetrator's motives? Shouldn't him knowing that he has a great chance of being caught detour him from going through with the murder.

I admire those girls so much in the way they stood up together and faced terror with bravery. I'm just wondering what would be the best approach for our children if god forbid they ever faced this evil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tricia had a podcast with Jim Clemente regarding these murders. He reccomended reading the book
Protecting the Gift.
http://gavindebecker.com/resources/book/protecting_the_gift/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads