IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were hanging around waiting to be collected or told someone, they were waiting to be picked up, that person may have offered a lift. Could have been someone they knew slightly or a friend of a friend. If I knew who and where I would claim that 250k. Just saying.

SS, maybe it's too early here for me....Libby started filming BG. You think that's because he could have been the one to offer them a lift home?

As far as him making "stupid mistakes" that should have gotten him caught by now...he may well have left DNA behind, but if he is not in the system, it is not much use. If he was an experienced killer, Imo, he probably would be in the system for something else along the way. Jmo

Right! LE could link him to other crimes as a SK or rapist, if he left DNA at those crime scenes.

So, that leaves us to ponder these possible scenarios:

1. This is his first time committing a serious crime.

2. Previous victims survived, but didn't report the crime at all or soon enough for LE to recover DNA.

3. He's a serial rapist and/or SK and left DNA evidence in previous cases that LE knows about, but isn't telling the public.

4. He's a serial rapist and/or SK, but he left no DNA in previous cases to link him to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One more:

5. He is a murderer or rapist that was convicted and had his DNA entered into the system, but left no DNA at this crime scene.

If BG was a convicted murderer or rapist AND left DNA at this crime scene, LE would have their man! This is the one scenario that doesn't work. IMO

If they were hanging around waiting to be collected or told someone, they were waiting to be picked up, that person may have offered a lift. Could have been someone they knew slightly or a friend of a friend. If I knew who and where I would claim that 250k. Just saying.

Something about no photos after the one of Abby on the bridge at 2:07 indicates whatever happened disrupted their intentions of hanging out and taking photos well prior to the planned pickup time at 3:00 or 3:30. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a 6th possibility:

6. He's a serial rapist and/or SK, but the labs are so slow that the DNA evidence from his previous crimes have yet to be entered in the database. (This is less likely to happen with murders than rapes.)

SS, maybe it's too early here for me....Libby started filming BG. You think that's because he could have been the one to offer them a lift home?
We don't know if it was deliberately filmed or she got him accidentally. We don't know the time it was filmed. I did ask on the image thread if the time of his shadow could be worked out like was done for Abby. We also don't know if BG and the voice are the same person or the times of the voice recording either. So I am just guessing in the absence of specifics. We don't know what time they were supposed to be picked up. I find the lack of these times very strange tbh.

I find it curious that LE have never mentioned who was supposed to pick up the girls.

"In light of what happened in Delphi, Riley shared several tips for parents to help protect their children in any situation.

If your children are hanging out with friends make sure they stay in a large group
Always makes sure all cell phones are charged
Remind your children to always call 911 first in an emergency, not parents
When you drop your kids off somewhere have a set time and place to meet; if either of you are running later text/call to let each other know
If you are in a place you are familiar with and see a car that doesn’t fit in write down the tag number
If on a trail or in a park stay in marked areas
ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR GUT INSTINCT"
--from the article shared last night https://www.google.com/amp/wane.com...g-nearly-3-months-after-delphi-homicides/amp/

Can we take anything from these general tips. I feel like everything I have heard these girls were following these...

-it was only two (as opposed to a bigger group)
-cell phone(s) seemed charged as they were being used.
-call 911 first.. (wonder if they know that the girls tried calling their parents vs 911 first)
-drop off point and time (everything i have read/heard said they had this all set up.)
-the car thing kind of sticks out. (Wonder if this is a clue to the fact that there was a mysterious car)
-stay on marked trails (I have heard that the bridge isnt technically part of the trail -- but being from around here know that people view it as part of the trail)
-always follow you gut (which they ((libby in particular)) has been praised for.)

None of this is intended to place blame... just trying to see if we can pull something from these specific yet general tips.

All IMO.
Calling 911 is probably the most important. The girls may or may not have been aware (they do teach 911 use in schools) that if they had dialed 911 even if there was not enough time to talk to a person at the 911 Communications Center - the phone was hung up, shut off, broken - the call would have been handled as a 911 hangup call and an officer would have been dispatched. Those calls are assumed to indicate that the person calling is in danger and/or incapacitated. When you call from a landline the Communications Center gets and address. When you call from a cell phone the location of the phone is sent - this is many times an approximate location - along with the globally unique ID (no two phones have this identifier) and phone number and the Communications Center can get a name of the account holder to start working with if is a subscribed account rather than a no contract account.

It isn't to blame but for others to know but if you have time to do only one thing dial 911. Most modern phones have the capability to make a 911 call without having to unlock the phone. It should not require a special app that you download or pay. Your provider should have instructions on how to do this with your phone model on their website. If they don't you should be able to contact customer service and they call tell you how to do it or if your particular phone lacks this capability.

One thing that Riley should have said about the out of place car is that if at all possible take a photo (or short video) of the plate. In addition to capturing the plate it will also capture the make and model of the car as well as color and any bumper stickers, rear window stickers (permits) dents, scrapes, or other iidentifying marks. This is helpful if it turns out the plates belong to another vehicle, either another vehicle the person has access to, a sale/transfer that hasn't yet reached the state BMV, or stolen.

But above all, dial 911 first. There is nothing any perpetrator can do about it once the number has been dialed. It may save your life.

Something about no photos after the one of Abby on the bridge at 2:07 indicates whatever happened disrupted their intentions of hanging out and taking photos well prior to the planned pickup time at 3:00 or 3:30. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Where is the link regarding the planned pick up time ?

Maybe Libby did call 911 and that is the audio? That couldn't be the case right because LE would have known straight away wouldn't they?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html
RILEY: I believe it was right around 1:00 o`clock, and then they were supposed to be picked up by another relative at -- between 3:00 and 3:30.

We don't know if it was deliberately filmed or she got him accidentally. We don't know the time it was filmed. I did ask on the image thread if the time of his shadow could be worked out like was done for Abby. We also don't know if BG and the voice are the same person or the times of the voice recording either. So I am just guessing in the absence of specifics. We don't know what time they were supposed to be picked up. I find the lack of these times very strange tbh.

Calling 911 is probably the most important. The girls may or may not have been aware (they do teach 911 use in schools) that if they had dialed 911 even if there was not enough time to talk to a person at the 911 Communications Center - the phone was hung up, shut off, broken - the call would have been handled as a 911 hangup call and an officer would have been dispatched. Those calls are assumed to indicate that the person calling is in danger and/or incapacitated. When you call from a landline the Communications Center gets and address. When you call from a cell phone the location of the phone is sent - this is many times an approximate location - along with the globally unique ID (no two phones have this identifier) and phone number and the Communications Center can get a name of the account holder to start working with if is a subscribed account rather than a no contract account.

It isn't to blame but for others to know but if you have time to do only one thing dial 911. Most modern phones have the capability to make a 911 call without having to unlock the phone. It should not require a special app that you download or pay. Your provider should have instructions on how to do this with your phone model on their website. If they don't you should be able to contact customer service and they call tell you how to do it or if your particular phone lacks this capability.

One thing that Riley should have said about the out of place car is that if at all possible take a photo (or short video) of the plate. In addition to capturing the plate it will also capture the make and model of the car as well as color and any bumper stickers, rear window stickers (permits) dents, scrapes, or other iidentifying marks. This is helpful if it turns out the plates belong to another vehicle, either another vehicle the person has access to, a sale/transfer that hasn't yet reached the state BMV, or stolen.

But above all, dial 911 first. There is nothing any perpetrator can do about it once the number has been dialed. It may save your life.
One thought I have had all along is cell phone service. Service in Delphi is spotty... and depending on the provider can go from bad to worse.

Am i correct in thinking 911 calls go out no matter what? Because I know that even if your phone is "shut off" from the provider (ie not paying a bill, old phone no longer connected to servuce provider) you can still call 911... (right?!)

Also leads me to the Snapchat app. I can share a photo... but if not in servive it won't post until a connection is available. So their picture could have been sent out at any time on the bridge (assuming service is crappy out there... like every where else in our area) -- wonder how LE could know for sure the timestamp on the photo...

Just some things that have bugged me from early on.

I find it curious that LE have never mentioned who was supposed to pick up the girls.
Or where the pickup/drop off location was.

Though considering what SM has done in eviscerating any name they get their hands on I can imagine LE is doing the relative a huge favor in not releasing who that is.

Very true! Most people seem to believe that BG's picture was purposely taken, but it's also possible that he just happened to be in the background when Libby was taking pictures or video. Obviously, she did become alarmed at one point and DID purposely record the killer. Since LE won't tell us if they suspect that BG and the voice are one in the same, we have no way of knowing. If LE said that BG's picture was taken at 2:10 and the audio was recorded at 2:11 with only one male voice on it, then we could be relatively certain that they were the same person. (I suspect that something like this is probably the case, but LE doesn't want to release that many details.)

Or where the pickup/drop off location was.

Though considering what SM has done in eviscerating any name they get their hands on I can imagine LE is doing the relative a huge favor in not releasing who that is.

Good point, and it's pertinent to the investigation. That person has to be kept safe, especially if a trial happens and they're subpoena'd as a witness.

One thought I have had all along is cell phone service. Service in Delphi is spotty... and depending on the provider can go from bad to worse.

Am i correct in thinking 911 calls go out no matter what? Because I know that even if your phone is "shut off" from the provider (ie not paying a bill, old phone no longer connected to servuce provider) you can still call 911... (right?!)

Also leads me to the Snapchat app. I can share a photo... but if not in servive it won't post until a connection is available. So their picture could have been sent out at any time on the bridge (assuming service is crappy out there... like every where else in our area) -- wonder how LE could know for sure the timestamp on the photo...

Just some things that have bugged me from early on.
Yes. Any cell phone regardless of whether it has an active account should be able to dial 911. 911 calls have priority so even in a situation where a cell tower is at capacity other calls will be dropped so that 911 call can go through.

Yes. Any cell phone regardless of whether it has an active account should be able to dial 911. 911 calls have priority so even in a situation where a cell tower is at capacity other calls will be dropped so that 911 call can go through.
What if it isn't a capacity issue? Just like a dead spot. For example there are placed my calls drops every single time. Not saying that is the case out at the bridge location. But we have spots like that around here.

Just bringing this forward again, in thought.

Is is possible the reporter not normally involved in crime events, in hearing the Sheriff say they had 500 tips remaining interpreted that to mean there were 500 Persons of Interest who hadn't been looked at yet? On the premise that a poi was included in each tip? I watched the video again and nowhere is this poi number stated by LE.

500 poi makes little sense, considering only 25 or so investigators are working on the case.
Anything is possible but if I am not mistaken a month ago LE said that they had interviewed 300 people, issued 70 subpoenas, a dozen search warrants. So, I expect that it is possible that LE has interviewed 500 people by now. Whether LE would classify those as persons of interest in a more technical definition I doubt it but there was enough interest to actually interview them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025