Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to close it up my friends.

We will open in the morning.

G'night,
Tricia

With computer forensics and technology now a days, everyone attached at the hip with their cell phones/personal devices. Coupled with the latest DNA advances, it's my hope that we are continually and slowly moving towards a time when prolific serial killers will become a thing of the past. MOO

Edit to add: I have often wondered if someone like ted bundy would have been caught much sooner if his crimes took place in today's word......sorry for the off topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not thnk he had to be an "experienced" killer. If he had a weapon to control the girls, maybe some restraints, he could have corraled them to a more remote location (where they were found) and committed the murders, and then simply walked away to his vehicle or to the road toward the next town. No one was looking for a murderer until Tuesday. He may have been gone by 4pm or earlier.

I took a lot of psychology classes in college and I believe most people with addiction issues with drugs and alcohol have mental issues and attempt to "self medicate" which leads to the addiction. I think in order for them to truly rehabilitate an addict their mental issues have to be addressed. I think one of the huge problems in our country is mental illness and (in my opinion) the lack of available treatment- not only is there not enough money, but not even enough facilities. This is not only true of prisons, but every where. We as a society seem to feel like we don't want to truly recognize mental illness, or pay for treatment. I do think mental illness is a driving force behind addiction, crime, inability to function well enough to be a responsible productive adult, ETC...

Good morning. Thread is open for posting.

Good morning al! Lots of good convo again last night especially right before the board closed for the night.

Re: """With computer forensics and technology now a days, everyone attached at the hip with their cell phones/personal devices. Coupled with the latest DNA advances, it's my hope that we are continually and slowly moving towards a time when prolific serial killers will become a thing of the past. I have often wondered if someone like ted bundy would have been caught much sooner if his crimes took place in today's word """""

I hope this is true, but I often wonder if all this is doing is creating a smarter, ever more elusive serial killer of modern day. And we also have to somehow start getting a better multi-jurisdictional communication going on because that has always been a problem and still seems to be so.

RE: """" Do not thnk he had to be an "experienced" killer. If he had a weapon to control the girls, maybe some restraints, he could have corraled them to a more remote location (where they were found) and committed the murders and then simply walked away to his vehicle or to the road toward the next town. No one was looking for a murderer until Tuesday. He may have been gone by 4pm or earlier """"

I think I disagree with this..I really do not think at this point he was an amateur, but then again, who the hell knows. I just assume since he hasnt even been identified yet much less caught 3 months out, that he must be very experienced because surely a first time killer would have made stupid mistakes and been apprehended right away.

ANd BTW I completely agree with the entire mental illness/addiction/crime post I quoted above as well. Great post Brighty !!

"In light of what happened in Delphi, Riley shared several tips for parents to help protect their children in any situation.

If your children are hanging out with friends make sure they stay in a large group
Always makes sure all cell phones are charged
Remind your children to always call 911 first in an emergency, not parents
When you drop your kids off somewhere have a set time and place to meet; if either of you are running later text/call to let each other know
If you are in a place you are familiar with and see a car that doesn’t fit in write down the tag number
If on a trail or in a park stay in marked areas
ALWAYS FOLLOW YOUR GUT INSTINCT"
--from the article shared last night https://www.google.com/amp/wane.com...g-nearly-3-months-after-delphi-homicides/amp/

Can we take anything from these general tips. I feel like everything I have heard these girls were following these...

-it was only two (as opposed to a bigger group)
-cell phone(s) seemed charged as they were being used.
-call 911 first.. (wonder if they know that the girls tried calling their parents vs 911 first)
-drop off point and time (everything i have read/heard said they had this all set up.)
-the car thing kind of sticks out. (Wonder if this is a clue to the fact that there was a mysterious car)
-stay on marked trails (I have heard that the bridge isnt technically part of the trail -- but being from around here know that people view it as part of the trail)
-always follow you gut (which they ((libby in particular)) has been praised for.)

None of this is intended to place blame... just trying to see if we can pull something from these specific yet general tips.

All IMO.

Very interesting thought! And your line of thinking aligns with my theory of motive. I don't know what the statistics are off the top of my head for homicides in Carroll County...of children, in particular. But I know it is, as one might imagine for the geographic location and demographics, very low (non-existent?). So, here you have two girls brutally murdered on a Monday afternoon when most of the world is at work (and kids would normally be in school). A few miles away you have four young sisters perish in a house fire ruled to be arson just a couple of months prior. No arrests, no suspects, no updates.

Without knowing cause of death or any other details, really, about how they were found, I am less inclined to think this was a sexual assault. Nor am I inclined to think it's a SK from out of the area. I do, however, think the killer(s) were not from Delphi. Perhaps not from anywhere within an hour of Delphi.

Getting back to your comment about high-security prison for RL, and the possibility of it being for his protection. Motive... I am new to discussing the case online, so no idea if this thought has been vetted, but we do know that one of the girls' parents had both been arrested and sentenced to prison time for drugs (not just possession). Thinking about that underworld a lot...and the changing nature of their violence (and the ever-growing clientele and police busts). Was the killer a "professional"? Was it meticulously planned, executed and message sent? Does LE know enough to know that RL is in danger for perhaps knowing something? Maybe not enough, but something.

With Homeland Security being involved, along with the FBI, I feel that a "catfishing" scenario is not likely. With a photo and audio, I feel a local RSO is not likely. With the murders happening mid-day Monday in February in Indiana when school would normally be in session on a remote bridge in a small town, I feel a crime of opportunity is not likely. So, where does that leave us?

These are just my musings.
BBM. This has been my thought since day one. JMO

...or...don't be a habitual offender who puts innocent lives in jeopardy by driving under the influence. And don't break the rules of your probation. See? It's not so hard. 😉
With respect, I don't think the medical world knows enough about addiction to reduce it to such simple terms.

The above is just my opinion.

"In light of what happened in Delphi, Riley shared several tips for parents to help protect their children in any situation.

If your children are hanging out with friends make sure they stay in a large group
When you drop your kids off somewhere have a set time and place to meet; if either of you are running later text/call to let each other know
If you are in a place you are familiar with and see a car that doesn’t fit in write down the tag number
--from the article shared last night https://www.google.com/amp/wane.com...g-nearly-3-months-after-delphi-homicides/amp/

Can we take anything from these general tips. I feel like everything I have heard these girls were following these...

-call 911 first.. (wonder if they know that the girls tried calling their parents vs 911 first)
-drop off point and time (everything i have read/heard said they had this all set up.)
-the car thing kind of sticks out. (Wonder if this is a clue to the fact that there was a mysterious car)
-stay on marked trails (I have heard that the bridge isnt technically part of the trail -- but being from around here know that people view it as part of the trail)
-always follow you gut (which they ((libby in particular)) has been praised for.)

None of this is intended to place blame... just trying to see if we can pull something from these specific yet general tips.

All IMO.

Morning everyone and MHCH, I'm glad you posted this, I had some of the same thoughts in regards to tips, I agree the bridge was probably okay with at least one of the girls parents, seemed maybe tradition in a sense, I say this respectfully, as one had previous picture of the bridge old picture. It was on sn msm link so i figure its ok to say, plus I do the same with my kids traditional things with places. Also I had questions regarding the 500 poi. Is it possible LE has a main suspect in mind, yet due to not knowing if two peeps were involved, this might explain that amount of other poi, as one person might have multiple shady, questionable, or other.. types of associations with peoples? All imo always. Thanks

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

All IMO.

Regarding the first point: A lot of kids are lucky to have one close friend. It's not always possible to go out in large groups. Even when they do have more than one best friend, it's difficult to coordinate everyone's schedules to hang out together at the same time. I think this was the situation that day with Abby and Libby. We've heard about a third friend who was supposed to be there, but couldn't make it.

With respect, I don't think the medical world knows enough about addiction to reduce it to such simple terms.

The above is just my opinion.

True, but Luckily for all the innocent citizens that have to share the roadways with them....The judicial system does reduce it to such simple terms. MOO

This is dated. Both quotes and link are definitely not the "latest news of the case". The press conference and the gma video are from February.

Yes it is and I wasn't posting it for new news. But the "Do you think you're chasing a phantom?" comment comes from an interview last week. If you google, you'll notice " Phanton" is the psydodym of at least two SKs in the past, including a child killer who was just released from an Arizona prison. The other was a 70 year old unsolved case, the killer wore a mask.

Since he was on probation, he wasn't allow to drink any alcohol, let alone drive on a suspended license. It is very interesting that no one has come forward with information to claim that $250,000.00 reward. That is a huge amount of money and the fact that no one, not a friend, neighbor, relative, coworker, parishioner or casual aquaintance even remotely recognize his picture, clothing, stance, or voice is incredible to me. Maybe they got their man already, RL.

bbm

Well, it doesn't work like having the winning lottery ticket. :winner:

Add to that if I gave the winning tip I sure wouldn't want to be identified.
I think you're kidding about the RL part. :thinking: I think...

Yes it is and I wasn't posting it for new news. But the "Do you think you're chasing a phantom?" comment comes from an interview last week. If you google, you'll notice " Phanton" is the psydodym of at least two SKs in the past, including a child killer who was just released from an Arizona prison. The other was a 70 year old unsolved case, the killer wore a mask.

I think we may be reading too much into the question asked by the reporter, I think they merely were intending convey a phantom, as in a ghost, an urban legend etc. Reporters tend not to be vague in the questions they ask, they generally get right to the point.....MOO

I wonder if 500 poi is reporting error.

Here a very recent news report says this:
"With over 17,000 tips and evidence being tested, Leazenby says this is no cold case. A reward now offers around around $250,000 for info that leads to an arrest, something the girls' families and police are counting on......

Sgt. Kim Riley with Indiana State Police says they have about 500 tips remaining, and they investigate around 20 to 30 tips a day."

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/No-Cold-Case-People-in-Delphi-continue-to-hope-421077953.html

Just bringing this forward again, in thought.

Is is possible the reporter not normally involved in crime events, in hearing the Sheriff say they had 500 tips remaining interpreted that to mean there were 500 Persons of Interest who hadn't been looked at yet? On the premise that a poi was included in each tip? I watched the video again and nowhere is this poi number stated by LE.

500 poi makes little sense, considering only 25 or so investigators are working on the case.

All IMO.

This makes me wonder if there was no definitive pick up arrangement with "text one of us where and when you want picking up". It could also explain why LE were not alerted till 5.30 . It also makes me wonder if they got a lift with someone. LE surely would not say all this unless they believe it is a local imoo.

This makes me wonder if there was no definitive pick up arrangement with "text one of us where and when you want picking up". It could also explain why LE were not alerted till 5.30 . It also makes me wonder if they got a lift with someone. LE surely would not say all this unless they believe it is a local imoo.

A lift with someone to where?
Also, we do know that family was searching on their own until they made the call at 5:30.

I think we may be reading too much into the question asked by the reporter, I think they merely were intending convey a phantom, as in a ghost, an urban legend etc. Reporters tend not to be vague in the questions they ask, they generally get right to the point.....MOO

Yes possibly.

Here's the link to the media report that contains the interview, for interest sake.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/No-Cold-Case-People-in-Delphi-continue-to-hope-421077953.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as him making "stupid mistakes" that should have gotten him caught by now...he may well have left DNA behind, but if he is not in the system, it is not much use. If he was an experienced killer, Imo, he probably would be in the system for something else along the way. Jmo

True, but Luckily for all the innocent citizens that have to share the roadways with them....The judicial system does reduce it to such simple terms. MOO
They won't be (or shouldn't be) on the roadways if they have lost their licence. If they are seen driving they will be dobbed in it by someone (at least in the village I'm in they would).

Afk for a bit marking place will respond to any quoted posts later 😙))

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

A lift with someone to where?
Also, we do know that family was searching on their own until they made the call at 5:30.
If they were hanging around waiting to be collected or told someone, they were waiting to be picked up, that person may have offered a lift. Could have been someone they knew slightly or a friend of a friend. If I knew who and where I would claim that 250k. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annabella2320