IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to walk to the other side for a moment meaning I think it is possible that RL played a part in the murder of 2 innocent girls. I would really like any of you to tell me why RL. I already know about the warrant and LE had a probable cause to get it but I need to hear details what you all came up with to conclude that RL was involved...

I believe, according to our two resident attorneys here at WS, both have stated that they would need a search warrant. They couldn't just decide to search because they were there. If they were looking for missing teens, then yes they could but looking for evidence requires more. I think I have that right. Hopefully Alethea or Gitana1 will correct me if I misunderstood.

Correct- LE could not just walk on the property and start searching. In a true emergency, like LE had probable cause to think a crime was in the process of being committed or it was necessary for public safety, they could enter without a warrant and claim "exigent circumstances." There's a long body of case law interpreting what that means, but the quick answer is it's a serious immediate emergency. Searching without a warrant risks any evidence found would be inadmissible at trial.

So after reading your post I decided to do some sleuthing on my own website, as well as some general You Tube searching and here is what I found...

Although I can definitely go back to February and look at the ISPs of people who visited my site, there are approximately 200 from that same 48 hour period (12th-14th). While 200 ISPs isn't that many to sort through (comparatively, anyway) it's still a hefty number. Along with the ISPs, it also gives me a town name. Now, this isn't that helpful since sometimes the registered town isn't anywhere near where the actual person and computer were at the time. My own ISP shows up as "St. John's Island, SC" and I am several states away from that. I had my neighbor get on HIS computer in his house and visit my website today. Although we are approximately half a mile apart, our ISPs are the same. Plus, in the three times I visited my own website and in the three times he visited, it registered several different ISP numbers so there wasn't even consistency in THAT.

As far as You Tube videos go, the information I gathered says that ISP addresses are only registered when the person comments, not when they view.

My conclusion, and this is strictly my own opinion from the little experiment I did on my own site, is that while this information might be good when putting a case together to tie it all in, I am not finding it generally useful to narrowing it down to one person. If they had a suspect and were looking for motive and opportunity, they might be able to look up his ISP address and track it to see what sites he visited but to do the reverse is a lot more complicated. A good defense attorney might even argue that it wasn't the perp's computer at all. They would need access to his own computer and his history to really make it "stick."

All of this is moot if the suspect did any commenting.

I think you mean IP address (internet protocol address) lol sorry geek, can't help it. I also have my own website and can use IP tools to locate an IP address. Every internet connection has its own address. LE can supeaona the ISP (internet service provider) to get the physical address or billing address. Can get tricky with open hot spots and open wifi at bars, stores and restaurants etc

Assuming BG knew school was going to be out that day...how would he know this:

1. Employee or contractor at school/ school district
2. Social media

Did the girls ever post on sm that school would be out? Soory as more time passes, my recollection of some details gets fuzzier...

3. School's website
4. Relative of student
5. Former student?
6. Lives near school, or drive by and saw it was closed for the day due to no cars (was there a sign too?)
Where all was this information posted, online and otherwise?

Does BG have a direct visual? (Binoculars, etc.)

Thanks for sharing the posts from the Iowa case.

The perp could have peeked at the Delphi school district's website, say, the week before, and knew they were going to burn a snow day.

I agree with others on here that the perp is a predator, and very good with being efficient and thorough. MOO is this wasn't the first time he'd been to that bridge area.

RL's potential for involvement:
  • He lives within sight of the bridge
  • He was seen nearby at the transfer station shorty before the girls arrived at the bridge.
  • He is familiar with the area where the girls were that day (has lived in the immediate area 53 years)
  • He is familiar with the area where the girls were found (his property)
  • He said he knew both families
  • He lied about his whereabouts
  • He is known to disregard the law
ETA: I am presently not of the opinion that RL is involved but I'm definitely remaining open to the possibility.

For what purpose would he need to see who attended or try to read the room if he didn't feel RL was involved? I have never heard of one case in which an actual perp attends proceedings of a person falsely suspected or accused of the crime they themselves actually committed.

Just because at this moment you have never heard of the actual perp attending the falsely accused doesn't mean it didn't happen or will *not happen. I'm just agreeing that that's a possibility to the portion of the post I responded too. I'm trying to keep an open mind. Although I'm appreciating your posts immensely and side on your logic when it comes to this issue.

I'm not sure about RL either way. I haven't seen any facts to support anything about him and I'm still waiting on LE to clarify their statement of moving him up their suspect list or ruling him out more or less. It will be nice to hear about the SW results some how before I draw any conclusions.

ETA *added the word not

It's hard to imagine a SK or even a first time killer being so stupid as to toss cigarette butts or soda cans in this day and age when DNA technology is so advanced. I know it still happens, but what must be going through their heads? I suppose they think they're so clever that no one will ever get close enough to connecting them to the crime. This, of course, would indicate that their DNA wasn't already on file for a previous crime. It would be outrageously stupid for a criminal who knew his DNA was on file to toss a cigarette butt ANYWHERE near the crime scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would, too. I imagine they would take those things from the immediate area where they know the crimes happened, but I wouldn't be too excited if I heard they did. Somebody would have to live under a rock to not know they shouldn't be leaving those things behind..and if they did they surely wouldn't do it knowing their DNA is in a system.

There's the wish they could find something obvious like that to tie to a guy but I definitely doubt it also..

Jmo, if RL lived across town, we would never had heard his name. Jmo he never would have been linked to that blurry image.

I wish I could reply faster without being behind again once I've posted. I think I remember seeing that one letter on a poster's keyboard wasn't working and I feel their pain. I have to resort to copying and pasting said letters and punctuation marks or slam the key repeatedly to make it work..

A thought that might have already been discussed:

He could've had something like a Flir thermal imaging monocular to keep track of searchers or anyone there after dark. I have one and it's seriously dang cool what you can see in the dark.

Yes it was searched on the 10th. It was also searched on the 17th. I watched the footage and it shows them with the dogs going into the barn on the Mears farm.

I will go find the video and link it here. FOUND IT.

Here is a still shot of LE with dogs going into the barn on the Mears Farm during the March 17th search. {snipped by me}
Do we know what kind of dogs where involved?

Iirc RL's farm also has goats.

Good, I am not going loopy. I just said the same up thread. I didn't really relish the idea of searching youtube videos in case anyone asked for a link to prove it. Can we decide that, in this case, two agreeing that RL has goats makes a consensus? :eek:

I wish I could reply faster without being behind again once I've posted. I think I remember seeing that one letter on a poster's keyboard wasn't working and I feel their pain. I have to resort to copying and pasting said letters and punctuation marks or slam the key repeatedly to make it work..

A thought that might have already been discussed:

He could've had something like a Flir thermal imaging monocular to keep track of searchers or anyone there after dark. I have one and it's seriously dang cool what you can see in the dark.

I quoted myself for context.

Like one of these, and you can see from a long ways away. He could've known exactly where every warm body in that area was, where their warm vehicles were parked, and if any unanticipated witnesses were outside in the area. This is an example from their website, but you can see further than this:

FLIR_Scout_TS-Series_using_Bright_Red_Setting.jpg

Jmo, if RL lived across town, we would never had heard his name. Jmo he never would have been linked to that blurry image.
The crime has the appearance of something that could have been spontaneous and the search was initiated by the family before the bodies were concealed. With the search going through the night the perp may have had no chance to move the bodies so he manufactured an alibi about being gone during the murder. That would fit the circumstances but it's pretty weak. And the alibi may have been true; law enforcement has not advised us. Also, the blurry image appears to be someone different. I don't know who just someone else.

Do we know what kind of dogs where involved?

Um, they were black. :happydance:Sorry, late here.
scared.gif

I wish I knew but as they didn't discuss it I am not sure we could even find out. And, in regards to RL's property I am not sure if there was any discussion about that, so we probably can't make any assumptions about the Mears place on that either.

Um, they were black. :happydance:Sorry, late here. :scared:

I wish I knew but as they didn't discuss it I am not sure we could even find out. And, in regards to RL's property I am not sure if there was any discussion about that, so we probably can't make any assumptions about the Mears place on that either.

Thanks, I was curious what kind because are they cadaver sent dogs, drug dogs or bomb sniffing. I'm sure there are multiple type of search dogs I am not mentioning too. To me it would possibly show what they were looking for?

Question... on the Justice for FB page a women recently posted that there was a man whom killed his own father at a young age, molested his own sister and after doing some short time for that this man impersonated LE kidnaped and raped said FB posters 15yr old daughter. This action got him 32 years. According to her he was released in 2010. Picture seems to fit the BG bill.

So my question. Can I post this guys name for sleuthing? I'm guessing since convention was a long time ago he is not registered.???

You're not allowed to post his name here,
unless he is a RSO who lives in/near Delphi.
If you think it might actually be BG, have to sent the tip to LE?
If he's a local RSO, they probably already have him on their radar,
but either way, if he's local or not, maybe a tip might be good.
They keep asking for tips.

***reference on local RSO names, here's a previous post from Tricia:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-12&p=13181580#post13181580

I believe, according to our two resident attorneys here at WS, both have stated that they would need a search warrant. They couldn't just decide to search because they were there. If they were looking for missing teens, then yes they could but looking for evidence requires more. I think I have that right. Hopefully Alethea or Gitana1 will correct me if I misunderstood.
I was meaning thats plausible if they went across the street and got verbal consent to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee