IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another tidbit I'd forgotten. Comey was briefed twice. That and nationwide billboards doesn't sound like it was thought to be local, imho.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...lip-released-delphi-double-homicide/98241826/

March 23 interview.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...phi-Media-Maps-Timelines-NO-DISCUSSION/page12

Do you worry, that whoever this suspect is, that they just happened to be there that day and they are now long gone and they're a wanderer and they just literally fade into nothingness?

LEO Slocum: “Yeah I do worry about that, I mean because we haven't made that arrest yet. As a police officer do I believe that's likely? I know the statistics very often that's not the case. I can't sit here and say it's not, that's why this is a nationwide case where the FBI utilized electronic billboards throughout the United States, I believe it was 46 states, trying to get information about this murder. We understand, because of the closeness, the trail is right, I mean less than a mile off State Road 25, the new State Road 25, so it's quite possible someone get on, get off and this has happened.”

But, why 6000 billboards across the country if that was true?

***Not directed at you (don't want to sound snarky). Just a general thought. To my mind, the billboards tell a different story.
I think there could be a couple of different reasons for the billboards.Even if it was a local,it's possible that LE thought the perp would move on or leave town and they were covering bases just in case.Maybe it's possible they do think it is a SK and just in case covering their bases again.If they do think it is a SK then perhaps thats why no FBI profile has been released,they already have a profile and don't want to tip their hand?We all know that they could have put out a better one than anyone here as far as height and weight goes so I think that is an important question as to why they didn't.I also believe they must have more video,otherwise how could they determine that the man in the photo is white?I have seen many light skinned hispanics that from that distance look white,yet LE specifically said white male.I think holding to much info is actually hurting the case.I also imagine that by not publicly clearing a certain person other than saying not a suspect,that it may cause a lot of people to not call in tips because they think LE has their man.As I said before,if it was multiple perps,then they would not want to put out a profile of a right or left handed person and wife or gf saying well that couldn't be my feller cuz he is so and so handed.I don't know if LE is being very clever or has botched it from the beginning,but something just doesn't feel right about it.Also I would like to ask,are there any other good forums like this one available that we are able to discuss all possibilities?No links to SM please.

Hi Lilolet, you had asked about the Cemetary near Logan's property. (Morning Heights Cemetary, also known as Milroy or Old Delphi Cemetary). If you want to review who is interred there, I posted that info on thread 54, post 430. Apologies because I don't know how to link it here. HTH.

No new info, no updates, comments about optimism not being high... All of it is very disheartening IMO. Still keeping faith that LE will catch the perp(s) and Libby and Abby will receive justice!!! God bless their souls and their families and loved ones!
i think LE saying a few weeks ago that they have received " some" forensic testing back, but are still waiting on others is fairly significant. a news station seemed to back that up a few days ago by saying LE is still waiting on forensic testing results from the FBI's lab in virginia. it looks like a pretty impressive place. hopefully when everything back we will see an arrest. however, i think if it points to RL or someone else who is all ready incarcerated that we will not see an arrest until they build their case to prosecute.

the FBI Laboratory is today one of the largest and most comprehensive crime labs in the world.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/laboratory

Totally Off Topic:

I've got to go outside for awhile--not looking forward to it because of the smoke and ash from the West Mims fire in Georgia.

If you are person who prays, please pray for the safety of those fighting the fires and so many suffering from the smoke and facing the possibility of losing their homes.

And for our girls and their families, of course.

You're right,I'd say that's very interesting.Would the director of the FBI be advised of homicide cases like that normally? And twice at that.

It was also the same March 23rd interview where Slocum commented "This is a very complex case".

In my opinion that eludes to a possible SK connection.

How long after the girls were found did we learn billboards went up? I forget if it was on the fourteenth of February or was it a bit thereafter?

A local suspect could still be a possibility; maybe the billboards were utilized because LE thought he was on the run.

IMO, he is an SK or one in the making, or the girls were specifically targeted for reasons I don't understand at this time.
Your second paragraph is an interesting point. I also wondered about someone local but in the military, home on leave or someone who travels for their job but was home for valentine's day for example. Any supply teachers? ( I.e. temporary teachers covering vacant positions) or other temporary workers who have now moved on?

i think LE saying a few weeks ago that they have received " some" forensic testing back, but are still waiting on others is fairly significant. a news station seemed to back that up a few days ago by saying LE is still waiting on forensic testing results from the FBI's lab in virginia. it looks like a pretty impressive place. hopefully when everything back we will see an arrest. however, i think if it points to RL or someone else who is all ready incarcerated that we will not see an arrest until they build their case to prosecute.

the FBI Laboratory is today one of the largest and most comprehensive crime labs in the world.

Totally Off Topic:

I've got to go outside for awhile--not looking forward to it because of the smoke and ash from the West Mims fire in Georgia.

If you are person who prays, please pray for the safety of those fighting the fires and so many suffering from the smoke and facing the possibility of losing their homes.

And for our girls and their families, of course.

Oh Jax, I would be happy to keep you all in my prayers. Stay safe and well! Emma

Most recent update:

"Asked for an update on the investigation, Leazenby said more analysis of some of the evidence has come in, and detectives are revisiting some of the 18,000 leads they received in the weeks after the killings. Additionally, the detectives now have fewer than 1,000 leads left to sift through, he said."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/local/2017/05/07/hundreds-reclaim-delphis-trail-peace/101297052/

Revisiting existing tips is what investigators do when they've no case to build.

Most recent update:

"Asked for an update on the investigation, Leazenby said more analysis of some of the evidence has come in, and detectives are revisiting some of the 18,000 leads they received in the weeks after the killings. Additionally, the detectives now have fewer than 1,000 leads left to sift through, he said."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/local/2017/05/07/hundreds-reclaim-delphis-trail-peace/101297052/

Revisiting existing tips is what investigators do when they've no case to build.

I worry about that too, but I am glad they are going back over them. At that time, with the volume of tips and so many people fielding them, it may have been easier to overlook the significance of some of them. Maybe the earlier tips might make more sense to them at this point in time because LE has more info now --hopefully. Maybe something will click. I sure hope so. This perp is way too dangerous to be free, serial killer or not.

Most recent update:

thanks. that is another confirmation that they still are waiting on additional forensic testing, and this time LE said it. i was just looking for something on line that supported that and you found it found me! lets hope the evidence analysis leads to an arrest. i think the fact that they are still waiting to get back evidence is fairly significant to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaDiosa1975