IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually someone would be arrested and charged first. The "case is built" in the months/years leading up to trial.
If there was evidence that could lead to an arrest, an arrest and charge would be made. So I'm thinking that evidence doesn't exist... at least not yet. Jmo
they was a "significant" amount of evidence collected. how much of that is from RL's we simply do not know at this point. if it is RL is safely tucked away in prison there would be no need to arrest him prior to building their case.

Usually someone would be arrested and charged first. The "case is built" in the months/years leading up to trial.
If there was evidence that could lead to an arrest, an arrest and charge would be made. So I'm thinking that evidence doesn't exist... at least not yet. Jmo
Unless that suspect was already in custody on unrelated charges. Then LE would have the luxury of building their case without the legal obligation of a "speedy trial". [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

But the big one is that the search warrant was issued after a finding of "probable cause". I'd love to know what that was. Love to see the SW.

I believe it's been said that the SW was based on tips and other information they've received, but not to jump to any conclusions because of it. I'll look for the video it was in. (or remove my post if I'm remembering it wrong.)

I believe it's been said that the SW was based on tips and other information they've received, but not to jump to any conclusions because of it. I'll look for the video it was in. (or remove my post if I'm remembering it wrong.)
LE said that in multiple interviews on the 17th although i do not remember the "jumping to conclusion" part of their statements.

Speaking of new topics I saw that Amber Hageman( Amber Alert named after her) was abducted on Jan 13, 1996 and no killer has been found. The number 13 it seems is something we should sleuth imo as it is related to the Iowa case and now the Delphi case too. What do you all think? It gives me a bad feeling. She was 9 years old and was raped and tortured before being killed and then left floating in a shallow creek. Her throat had been slit.

Thank you very much for clarifying this. This would be the first case that I ever heard of where many have said that all the evidence must be finalized before charges are laid. I though perhaps Indiana law was different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for clarifying this. This would be the first case that I ever heard of where many have said that all the evidence must be finalized before charges are laid. I though perhaps Indiana law was different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
it is a little different in this case if RL is their guy. he is already locked up. i don't know what LE would gain by naming him as a suspect before they build their case. do you?

Speaking of new topics I saw that Amber Hageman( Amber Alert named after her) was abducted on Jan 13, 1996 and no killer has been found. The number 13 it seems is something we should sleuth imo as it is related to the Iowa case and now the Delphi case too. What do you all think? It gives me a bad feeling. She was 9 years old and was raped and tortured before being killed and then left floating in a shallow creek. Her throat had been slit.
She was one I mentioned way back when I was looking at JW. He had lived in Texas when she was murdered too.

That's interesting. The 13th. Child victim. Near water. I'm going to look into her case. You could have something there. Beats the RL saga

They sure seemed to rule out a connection quickly...

But I can't seem to shake the feeling that there is a good possibility there is a connection:
1. Same region- midwest.
2. Two girls
3. Found dead in a park/hiking area.
4. Disappeared during broad daylight.
5. Not dumped where their bodies could be quickly and easily found. (Like some SK's do 'staging' or whatever.

I wonder what these LE agencies know. Have they really ruled out a connection? If so, why?

Great question and answer!! I had been wondering that too. Based on the average time to get different results back, it's likely that they could have very strong evidence that isn't back yet but could be very soon!! That makes me feel a lot more optimistic.

I don;t know. Seems like an awfully long time for such a high profile case. I'm worried they have nothing usable.

(This time with quote)

What can these statements possibly mean?
They didn't serve a SW on RL for many weeks, so he can't mean "everyone knows RLdid it"
I don't think its plausibe he means - we all know this is done by a random SK.
Does he mean, we have a meat packing plant here with many practically unemployable men - so suspect them, or these girls unfortunately have unsavory family members so we can all guess its one of them.
What does all Delphi know and makes them capable of making successful conclusions from the information?

Maybe they meant something about why the girls were targeted? What was the context?

The Abby and Libby thread will close a bit early tonight. Mom's tired.

Back in a bit to say goodnight.

Or no DNA because a condom was used. I don't think this is likely, but serial rapists will try to hide the deed. Including personal grooming.

While it may be true that rapists use a condom to prevent DNA detection, science is ahead of their game.

Metagenomic analyses of bacteria on human hairs: a qualitative assessment for applications in forensic science
https://investigativegenetics.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13323-014-0016-5

Bacteria on pubic hair could be used to identify rapists
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/12/bacteria-pubic-hair-could-be-used-identify-rapists

Pubic hair bugs could help solve sex crimes
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2014/12/16/4149028.htm

While I certainly cannot prove it, I believe this is the technique used to ID Vanessa Marcotte's murderer.

As Websleuths Admin Beach posted earlier, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

If you do not think RL had anything to do with the murders then scroll by those posters who don't agree with you.

Do not keep asking WHY WHY WHY?

The same goes for those who think RL had something to do with the murders. Scroll by those who disagree.

Do not keep asking WHY WHY WHY?????

We want to keep this thread open but if the bickering doesn't stop and I mean stop quickly then we will have to shut it down and have a media only thread.

This happens in every hot case. When it cools off everyone starts to cannibalize each other.

Be nice, get some sleep, see you in the morning.

G'night,
Tricia

:truce: :couch:

Good morning and thanks for opening.

May today be THE day. It has to be.

BBL to read all the wonderful posts. Have a great day!

How can they? Unless they can announce an arrest...

By giving a update on how the case is going , on if it's a random murder or they feel it's a SK ?

Or if the girls had purposely been targeted and they don't feel there is a threat to the wider community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste