IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen any interviews or social media post from locals standing up for RL? I'd be curious to view it and see what local people have to say about him. As I would certainly hope that if locals were convinced of his innocence they would be speaking out on his behalf? I'd hope that my local community would do so for me if they felt I was being wrongly targeted and falsely accused....moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How or why would locals in a town stand up for RL, against anonymous people on the internet? The only result would be to cause unnecessary drama. Besides, LE has declared RL is not a suspect several times so there's nothing to defend.

I greatly admire the people of Delphi. They're focused on commemorating Abby and Libby while having faith that LE will solve the case, as they move forward with their lives.

I recall one televised interview with a lady who came to his defense. Im sure its in the media thread. Im pretty sure she was a neighbor of his. That is the only one I am aware of.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Thank you so much, I'll check it out

How long has it been since the RL search warrant was served?

ETA: 1 month and 23 days, if my math is correct (highly doubtful)

Seems a long time to wait for evidence to come back for a double murder case. moo
it was just a few weeks ago that LE said they were waiting on additional forensic testing. it was yesterday that a news station reported that LE is still waiting on forensic testing from the FBI's lab in Virginia. We don't know where or when this evidence was collected, and we don't know what the evidence being tested is, and we don't know what kind of forensic testing it is.

How long has it been since the RL search warrant was served?

ETA: 1 month and 23 days, if my math is correct (highly doubtful)

Seems a long time to wait for evidence to come back for a double murder case. moo

Maybe evidence is back. The DA still has to make the case ready for court.

LE said there have been a few arrests made while they investigated persons. Not for this crime, but for other reasons they found during interviews. Persons like RL, only their names haven't been mentioned in the press. So if evidence implicates someone already jail for other reasons, I don't see a need to hurry up and announce their findings. Take time to build a solid case while still asking for tips.

Then again last I heard LE is not optimistic.

I recall one televised interview with a lady who came to his defense. Im sure its in the media thread. Im pretty sure she was a neighbor of his. That is the only one I am aware of.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
it was in the courthouse the day of his trial. she made a brief statement to the press.

they have not been very vocal have they?

They may all fear they'll become the next SM suspect?

This case has reaffirmed my belief, should I ever have the misfortune of having my life touched by crime, to never ever speak to the media.

How or why would locals in a town stand up for RL, against anonymous people on the internet? The only result would be to cause unnecessary drama. Besides, LE has declared RL is not a suspect several times so there's nothing to defend.

I greatly admire the people of Delphi. They're focused on commemorating Abby and Libby while having faith that LE will solve the case, as they move forward with their lives.

So you believe it's only people on the internet that are speculating about him....[emoji848]Interesting I had not considered that thx

LE rarely will name a suspect prior to an arrest. it could compromise the investigation. can you tell me why they would name a suspect before an arrest? what would LE gain by doing so?

Thank you for your patience with me. I want to try this one more time please. Falling Down posted on thread 55 page 46 post #679. http://time.com/4671589/snapchat Y...hu mustache(unless it's a shadow) Accomplice?

Maybe evidence is back. The DA still has to make the case ready for court.

LE said there have been a few arrests made while they investigated persons. Not for this crime, but for other reasons they found during interviews. Persons like RL, only their names haven't been mentioned in the press. So if evidence implicates someone already jail for other reasons, I don't see a need to hurry up and announce their findings. Take time to build a solid case while still asking for tips.

Then again last I heard LE is not optimistic.
i think that is what they are doing right now...building a case. they want a conviction in court. they don't want to make any mistakes...not in this case.

Has anyone seen any news interviews from locals standing up for RL? I'd be curious to view it and see what local people have to say about him. As I would certainly hope that if locals were convinced of his innocence they would be speaking out on his behalf? I'd hope that my local community would do so for me if they felt I was being wrongfully targeted and falsely accused....moo

At about 1:40 in this video a neighbor down the road and former co-worker speaks about him. Says he thinks it's a good thing that they searched his property so they can rule him out. Doing him a favor.

An aside, at 1:50 they show the Mears' barn describing it as RL's property. smh!

[video=youtube;mai87ho2trA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mai87ho2trA[/video]

At about 1:40 in this video a neighbor down the road and former co-worker speaks about him. Says he thinks it's a good thing that they searched his property so they can rule him out. Doing him a favor.

An aside, at 1:50 they show the Mears' barn describing it as RL's property. smh!

[video=youtube;mai87ho2trA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mai87ho2trA[/video]

Thx gliving I was just about to post it[emoji106]

LE rarely will name a suspect prior to an arrest. it could compromise the investigation. can you tell me why they would name a suspect before an arrest? what would LE gain by doing so?

In some cases I think they feel compelled to so as to caution the public. But typically they don't want to do that because it means certain tings legally, like they have to be super careful when it comes to Miranda warnings of that suspect.

It definitely shuts a person down. But realistically, I think most suspects know they are suspects without being designated as such.

RL can be discussed here because he violated his probation, had his property searched (where the girls were found-dead), and he most likely lied about his alibi to cover his azz. (VoP).

Those are the reasons. No offense to Tricia or any mods/admins here (that I adore! :D), but none of them have any "inside scoop" from LE that points towards RL being involved. They are allowing him to be sleuthed for the above stated reasons.

But the big one is that the search warrant was issued after a finding of "probable cause". I'd love to know what that was. Love to see the SW.

Have we discussed whether Indiana has mountain lions or not? I'd hate to miss something.

:happydance:

i think that is what they are doing right now...building a case. they want a conviction in court. they don't want to make any mistakes...not in this case.

Usually someone would be arrested and charged first. The "case is built" in the months/years leading up to trial.
If there was evidence that could lead to an arrest, an arrest and charge would be made. So I'm thinking that evidence doesn't exist... at least not yet. Jmo

So you believe it's only people on the internet that are speculating about him....[emoji848]Interesting I had not considered that thx

I am not sure what people in Delphi are actually saying about RL. However, the social media groups have thousands of members and several of those groups are literally sleuthing random men in the Delphi area (some just by Googling "Delphi" in search engines and seeing what names pop up with profile pictures that look like BG). So far, those I have encountered have almost all been "outsiders" (some even from other countries). Conversely, the local people seem to be keeping quiet and have so far appeared encouraged and optimistic by LE's efforts. So it would totally not surprise me if the speculating about RL has so far only been widespread online and not "in person."

I only believe that because whenever the media includes comments from local people, they mention things such as things are not the same, they have fear and they keep close watch on their children.

If the local opinion was that the culprit is already locked up, regardless who it is, they'd have no reason to express their uneasiness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members