IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By giving a update on how the case is going , on if it's a random murder or they feel it's a SK ?

Or if the girls had purposely been targeted and they don't feel there is a threat to the wider community.
Someone posted a link yesterday or day before with LE saying that it is unlikely that it was random.Wouldn't that suggest targeted?

By giving a update on how the case is going , on if it's a random murder or they feel it's a SK ?

Or if the girls had purposely been targeted and they don't feel there is a threat to the wider community.

After the "optimism isn't real high" statement I'm left wondering if they have any info which would calm the community. If they suspect a SK that would just be more upsetting. moo

Someone posted a link yesterday or day before with LE saying that it is unlikely that it was random.Wouldn't that suggest targeted?

Thank you as I didn't spot that update. I always assumed the guy got lucky and just spotted them and figured they was a easy target.

Some posters have mentioned other cases where the crimes have taken place near a body of water, do you think that this is part of the plan, or just a coincidence?

After the "optimism isn't real high" statement I'm left wondering if they have any info which would calm the community. If they suspect a SK that would just be more upsetting. moo

I am starting to wonder how much bluffing they have done to try and lure the perp out and it's not worked.

Because if they do have more of this mans voice on audio then why not release more even if it means editing out the girls.

Bearmar58 posted this shot that came from this video: http://http://time.com/4671589/snapchat-del...missing-girls/ and wanted members to see if they saw another person or ? I could see immediately that this shot was comprised of two shots that were layered to give the fading effect but I thought it was from two overlays of the same photo, placing a faded Abby further down the bridge. I got the impression from Bearmar58 that the photo was just a photo shown at the start of the video, not the video itself, as Bear said not to bother watching it. So, I set off to re-create that exact shot on my trusted PicMonkey, and I did too. There went my morning!

But, Billy Mabou visited the image thread and explained the following:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Billy Mabou
What we're seeing here is just a still frame from a fade that occurs in the video at about 24 sec's. So it's a superimposition of two photos. No phantom, IMO, just details from one picture showing through the 2nd picture. If you can, step frame-by-frame through the fade at 0:24 in the video and you'll see what I mean.

Ugh! So, this shot that was originally posted by Bearmar58 is actually a still taken from the video with an overlay of a faded circle with a triangle to make it look like a play button (cheeky). I created the exact shot using the still and overlays and posted it on the image thread, but I didn't need to. The shot was in the video. That's okay, it was fun.
attachment.php

Because I am visual I thought I would go ahead and post the frame-by-frame progression.
attachment.php

I think the fading out was meant to be symbolic. So, as you can see here and certainly from the video, there is no one else in the photo.

Thanks Billy Mabou!

These are only stills from a video, no enhancement has been done, per the rules for posting images to this thread. I hope? :eek:

Attachments

• Abby shadow.png
    Abby shadow.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Main Thread.jpg
    Main Thread.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 253
I'm not accusing anyone, not dropping any clues, I truly wonder does anyone think this guy has LE training?
I just don't see him as clever, but as whiskers pointed out, obviously he is somewhat as he hasn't been caught yet.

Do we have any locals still on the forum?
I wonder has anyone been noticed who has, perhaps, quit shaving, started wearing glasses or quit wearing them, grew a beard, that type of thing?

I don't see why he would need to do any of those things to change his appearance, since no one can agree on what BG looks like. Basically, anyone with or without facial hair or glasses has been accused of looking like him. The only thing he would need to do is to get rid of the clothing he was wearing in the picture (specifically, the jacket).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thread 57 page 25 post 371 is what I saw

Thanks. Found the link. It was published back in February. Wonder if he's changed his mind as the investigation progressed? BBM

http://wane.com/2017/02/21/police-to-provide-update-wednesday-on-double-homicide-investigation/

“One of two things happened. It was chance encounter — that’s possible. Don’t think it’s likely, but it’s possible,” Bursten said. “Or that person knew that they were going to be there. That’s possible as well.”

That's interesting thanks :)

So somebody who knew the girls would be together that would narrow it down surely.

But, why 6000 billboards across the country if that was true?

***Not directed at you (don't want to sound snarky). Just a general thought. To my mind, the billboards tell a different story.

But, why 6000 billboards across the country if that was true?

***Not directed at you (don't want to sound snarky). Just a general thought. To my mind, the billboards tell a different story.

That's also a good point and I had forgotten that - could it have been a cautionary action incase the person was from out of state ?

I agree, it must be very difficult for the locals as the recent comments made by LE haven't been reassuring whatsoever. It can be reasonably concluded by the recent and consistent tone in pleading for more tips, wanting just that one that will break open the case, that they have no strong leads at this point.

MOO

That's also a good point and I had forgotten that - could it have been a cautionary action incase the person was from out of state ?

I don't think so. That many billboards is unprecedented, in my experience. I think a SK was/is suspected. moo

No new info, no updates, comments about optimism not being high... All of it is very disheartening IMO. Still keeping faith that LE will catch the perp(s) and Libby and Abby will receive justice!!! God bless their souls and their families and loved ones!

How long after the girls were found did we learn billboards went up? I forget if it was on the fourteenth of February or was it a bit thereafter?

A local suspect could still be a possibility; maybe the billboards were utilized because LE thought he was on the run.

IMO, he is an SK or one in the making, or the girls were specifically targeted for reasons I don't understand at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste