IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Dd for finding that out. I have discovered something today that could be relevant and I havent seen it mentioned before. That is that Feb 13 was an Illinois State public holiday for Lincolns birthday and the state line only looks to be about 100 miles away. So this guy could have been from over the state line and off work this day and decided to travel out of state to specifically commit this crime. Maybe he discovered it was a school snow day in Delphi with parents at work and it was that random. Its a horrible thought but I also thought about illinois bordering Iowa also. JMO.
The Illinois line is about 45-50 miles as the crow flies. Not that much farther via the roads. Definitely something to consider.

I think he traveled a ways to commit the crime, although he was familiar with the trail. Anyone who travels on that Indiana State road (which goes for 120 miles) passes right next to the trailhead and would likely know the trail exists. I think this is State Road 25 which then junctions with Interstates right up the road. In an hour you could probably be 50 miles away in any direction.

He was either familiar with the trail as well as the opposite side of the creek near the cemetery and RLs property, or he was both brazen and lucky. All he ever had to do was walk that trail once and he'd have all the knowledge he would need. It could have been years earlier. Internet, maps, who knows how carefully he planned. We don't walk around the world planning crimes, he probably does. Once he knew no one was on the trail behind he knew he had them alone for at least a few minutes, and that's all he needed. Escaping up the opposite bank shows both careful planning and more intimate knowledge of the area. Maybe he waited in those same woods more than once hoping for an opportunity. If you access the trail without being seen you could get in there and no one would know you are there.

There are just too many possibilities at this point. I think we all agree he was familiar with that area and had probably been there before regardless if you think he is is local or traveled hundreds of miles. He must have had a vehicle or motorcycle to get away though right? Over near RLs or the cemetery? Leaving a vehicle over there seems the riskiest part of all of this.

I saw one person once comment that maybe he had visited that cemetery before and could potentially even have a relative or friend buried there (I know nothing about this cemetery or how old the tombstones are) but I thought this was a decent theory. Once you notice the cemetery links up to a dumping ground which then goes right to the creek opposite the end of the bridge, and you know the trail ends over there, then you have most of the information you need. My two cents.

I agree with you I think he is most likely from a mid west state and has lived and worked near Delphi in the past. I think he does a job that involves a lot of travel a trucker or a travelling fairground ride operator for example. It is my belief that he doesn't really have a lot of close relationships in life so people don't automatically think it's him.

I'm really concerned how law enforcement can keep publicity going in the case if there are no developments and when he is going to kill again.
Hi everyone,

I´m a new member in the websleuth community. Coming from Austria (EU), I´m not an English native speaker, so sorry, for my bad English.

I read websleuth forum on the Delphi double homicide since one month.

As a mother of two, I feel with the parents and relatives of the victims, having tears in my eyes, when seeing the images of those wonderful and beautiful girls, thinking of their great talents and honestly feeling pure hate at the murderer, cutting those young lives to an end.

As the crime was committed on Feb 13th, I asked myself, if it is usual in United States, that there is no more information.

Let me explain:

If in Austria such a crime would have been committed, several interviews with silbings, cousins, school mates, teachers, neighbors etc.would have been published.

Even if LE would not release anything, which is nearly impossible in Austria, newspapers would try to find out, how they victims have been killed, whether they have been assaulted etc. Moreover worried parents of the affected town would impose pressure via the mayor, that warnings and informations have to be published, in order to prevent such a horrible crime.

I´m quite surprised, that this kind of - that me say - „confidentiality" is possible in USA, even if LE, due to investigation, don´t want the press to publish further information.

Thank your for your answers.

I understand your frustration with the photo it drives me crazy too. But we have to understand the police are looking for a white adult male in the United States, a country with a population of over 326 million people (of which over 100 million people are white adult men) It is going to take time to solve this case but I have faith in the law enforcement in Delphi and beyond.

Thank goodness Liberty had the state of mind to record BG otherwise we would be in an even worse situation of not knowing who we should be looking for at all.
They also know he isn't dependent on a mobility aid, he didn't have a full/bushy beard on the day it happened, and he isn't deathly afraid of heights (I couldn't even bring myself to get within 10 feet of that bridge.) Those facts should bring the number down quite a bit, along with the number who are bed/house bound, hospitalized, etc. won't bring that 100 million down enough to make it an easily managed number, but it's definitely easier than including any person of any age, race, size, shape or physical conditions, etc. MOO

If they did not have that image from the video Libby recorded then LE would have been on family members of the victims like a dog with a bone. After LE cleared through the local sex offenders and known persons with violent criminal histories that would be where they focused their investigation and it would be brutal and horrific to watch it play out. There wouldn't be billboards across the nation. There wouldn't be 20,000+ tips. In my opinion, absent that photo, this case would have less of a chance of being solved because LE would be focusing on the wrong people.

I agree, and i think the town would have turned on each other like some crazy Stephen King story where they about all kill one another eventually. In fact i think this has happened somewhat already with certain finger pointing and accusing friends, neighbors etc, just to a lesser degree thus far. I hope this trend does not continue and evolve into a horrific implosion of the town.

Hi everyone,

I´m a new member in the websleuth community. Coming from Austria (EU), I´m not an English native speaker, so sorry, for my bad English.

As a mother of two, I feel with the parents and relatives of the victims, having tears in my eyes, when seeing the images of those wonderful and beautiful girls, thinking of their great talents and honestly feeling pure hate at the murderer, cutting those young lives to an end.

As the crime was committed on Feb 13th, I asked myself, if it is usual in United States, that there is no more information.

Let me explain:

If in Austria such a crime would have been committed, several interviews with silbings, cousins, school mates, teachers, neighbors etc.would have been published.

Even if LE would not release anything, which is nearly impossible in Austria, newspapers would try to find out, how they victims have been killed, whether they have been assaulted etc. Moreover worried parents of the affected town would impose pressure via the mayor, that warnings and informations have to be published, in order to prevent such a horrible crime.

I´m quite surprised, that this kind of - that me say - „confidentiality" is possible in USA, even if LE, due to investigation, don´t want the press to publish further information.

Welcome to Websleuths, Sapere aude!
142.gif

(P.S. Your English is excellent!)

I was googling skull gaiters and death masks the other day to see if a scrunched up one could be at BG's neck ... and now I have these horrific images of various items for sale popping out at me from pop up ads scaring the heck out of me!!! Who would wear this stuff? Now I am thought to be in the market for same. Great. Horrifying!

I hear you about looking up things on the internet and where some of these cases take you to try and find what may be of some relevance in the case. :pullhair: and start looking like the emoticon lol. If someone was to look into my browsing history they'd think I was planning a murder or something (but I'm not) I'm just..... :websleuther:

Hi everyone,

Let me explain:

A massive welcome to websleuths Sapere aude, it is wonderful we have so many nationalities in our wonderful websleuths community. Thank you for joining us and for caring about justice for Abbey and Liberty.

Welcome to Websleuths, Sapere aude!
142.gif

(P.S. Your English is excellent!)

Thank you, coastal. For those, who are wondering what "sapere aude" does mean: It´s a Latin quotation for "Dare to be brave". Those wonderful and brave girls inspired me.

PS: In Austria Law Enforcement usually would ask all telecommunication companies for the mobile phone numbers, have been logged in nearby at the time of the crime.
I assume it´s the same in USA, isn´t it ?

All I have to say is whoever committed this heinous crime had no fear. It was broad daylight and by the various pictures another sleuth posted on here way in the beginning showing the area where the girls were displayed it to be open. Many ppl were in hiking area that day and the perp just came in and left with out being noticed. I am still leaning towards a sk because this was very much a brazen crime. JMO

Thank you, coastal. For those, who are wondering what "sapere aude" does mean: It´s a Latin quotation for "Dare to be brave". Those wonderful and brave girls inspired me.

PS: In Austria Law Enforcement usually would ask all telecommunication companies for the mobile phone numbers, have been logged in nearby at the time of the crime.
I assume it´s the same in USA, isn´t it ?

In some cases warrants are sealed. I am sure that LE has asked for warrants for SM, Cell phones, etc. Sometimes it is best for the case to keep somethings quiet. We don't like it but it does protect the integrity of the case.

This will add nothing to the conversation really, but I have to share my frustration. As I was checking in for a doctor's appointment this afternoon, I started chatting informally with the woman doing the intake as she was wearing an Abby/Libby bracelet. Her daughter was friends with both girls, and she said they are still offering grief counseling at the school. She had said there are so many rumors in town, it's crazy. I asked her, what is the rumor you hear most often? She leaned toward me to talk a little more quietly and just then the nurse appeared to take me back. Her shift must have ended at 3pm because she was gone when I came back out.

Almost got you all some local insight. Almost. Frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread #59 is ready for you. Please move on over, this one will close in a few minutes.

Well done Dd for finding that out. I have discovered something today that could be relevant and I havent seen it mentioned before. That is that Feb 13 was an Illinois State public holiday for Lincolns birthday and the state line only looks to be about 100 miles away. So this guy could have been from over the state line and off work this day and decided to travel out of state to specifically commit this crime. Maybe he discovered it was a school snow day in Delphi with parents at work and it was that random. Its a horrible thought but I also thought about illinois bordering Iowa also. JMO.

That's a good thought there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members