IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for locating the briefing in its entirety!

At app. marker 5:44 Sheriff Lazenby is being asked if he classifies the investigation as a homicide. He is shrugging his shoulders and is reaching for words: " It's, it's a..a death investigation .."

Are they not excluding at that time, that it could have been an accident..?

All IMO
-Nin
i think the wording they used early after the bodies were found is pretty standard language before they go to the coroner...regardless of the condition of the bodies when they were found.

Has any thought been given to the audio recordings being extracted from the phone through another means than a simple point and shoot audio/video file?

I know most modern smartphones can record your surroundings via your phone's microphone. For example, if the Snapchat app is running, so is your microphone. That's how apps like Facebook send you targeted advertising. They listen in the background and pick up keywords and phrases. I don't want to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist, but "Big Brother" is always listening...

Also, when you press the home button on a locked phone to activate Siri/Google search, your phone records and stores audio of everything that is transcribed.

Source of this info? It sounds pretty conspiracy theory like without backup

Today, 02:51 PM#988 Dawning3
I don't see why he would need to do any of those things to change his appearance, since no one can agree on what BG looks like. Basically, anyone with or without facial hair or glasses has been accused of looking like him. The only thing he would need to do is to get rid of the clothing he was wearing in the picture (specifically, the jacket).
Quote Originally Posted by Spiritecho View Post
I'm not accusing anyone, not dropping any clues, I truly wonder does anyone think this guy has LE training?
I just don't see him as clever, but as whiskers pointed out, obviously he is somewhat as he hasn't been caught yet.

Do we have any locals still on the forum?
I wonder has anyone been noticed who has, perhaps, quit shaving, started wearing glasses or quit wearing them, grew a beard, that type of thing?

I think BG might have worn before (and is wearing since) mainly clothing with fashion labels (sports/non-sports). As the BG his clothing is unidentificable and without any visible label. The jacket doesn't even have patch bags. His jeans could be every standard jeans. The only thing that doesn't fit are BG's shoes and he got very lucky because of the blurred video. IMO
Imagine this perp with fashion clothing, slim jeans, without cap, with ultramodern sunglasses, with modern hairstyle (and within the usual environment of course) .... he like everyone else would be a completely different type. IMO

Maybe he was that smart faking another type of man. IF - then I would say: he has years of experience as a predator, maybe in several states. In addition he might know the area and surrounding, people from the area, victim's family members, business, trails, woods, trade fairgrounds, sports clubs/sports grounds, drug dealers, farmers and so on and so on. IMO

i think the wording they used early after the bodies were found is pretty standard language before they go to the coroner...regardless of the condition of the bodies when they were found.

The wording indeed seems to be standard prior to completion of an autopsy.

The other thing is the local sheriffs aren't routinely dealing with murder investigations (that's a good thing) and were likely briefed on what they can and can't say by senior LE in preparation for these early press conferences. I thinks it's understandable that they might not come across as smooth and confident as a professional spokesperson.

I haven't thought about the billboards in a while. Why go through that trouble and dig through the thousands of tips nationwide? I am starting to think SK.

Joesph Duncan III admitted (once he was in prison for the murder of the Groene family and the kidnapping and brutal abuse of Shasta, and the murder of Dylan) to murdering Anthony Martinez in California and Sammiejo White and Carmen Cubias together in Seattle. He says he has done other "terrible things" but hasn't admitted yet to others. No one suspected him and those cases went cold until he was caught with Shasta and started blabbing.

A little OT but a serial killer here could be related to a case we think was too far or too dissimilar to this too. It's interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed...

Has any thought been given to the audio recordings being extracted from the phone through another means than a simple point and shoot audio/video file?

I know most modern smartphones can record your surroundings via your phone's microphone. For example, if the Snapchat app is running, so is your microphone. That's how apps like Facebook send you targeted advertising. They listen in the background and pick up keywords and phrases. I don't want to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist, but "Big Brother" is always listening...

Also, when you press the home button on a locked phone to activate Siri/Google search, your phone records and stores audio of everything that is transcribed.

You mean like this? https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/6030020?hl=en

I literally just cleared all the archives that google was storing of my audio snips a couple of days ago. It was anything I used the mic for, google searches, text messages, facebook posts. Any time I had used the audio assist was right there in audio file and some were transcribed as well.

Interesting thought to see if there is anything there that would be helpful in the case.

Today, 02:51 PM#988 Dawning3

I think BG might have worn before (and is wearing since) mainly clothing with fashion labels (sports/non-sports). As the BG his clothing is unidentificable and without any visible label. The jacket doesn't even have patch bags. His jeans could be every standard jeans. The only thing that doesn't fit are BG's shoes and he got very lucky because of the blurred video. IMO
Imagine this perp with fashion clothing, slim jeans, without cap, with ultramodern sunglasses, with modern hairstyle (and within the usual environment of course) .... he like everyone else would be a completely different type. IMO

Maybe he was that smart faking another type of man. IF - then I would say: he has years of experience as a predator. In addition he might know the area and surrounding, people from the area, family members, business, trails, woods, trade fairgrounds, sports clubs, drug dealers, farmers and so on and so on. IMO
i personally don't think the crime was planned in anyway and instead it was something that just happened...a crime of opportunity, or something that escalated quickly. i don't think it is a disguise, and that it is likely that he dresses like that on regular basis.

I'd agree. He must have enjoyed the woods and the trails. Anyone who owns that type of ground for that many years and at his age must enjoy the outdoors. I don't think RL is BG. Maybe he saw BG snooping around in the woods, who knows. I just don't think RL decided to strike out that day and hunt girls and kill them. To me it would seem counterproductive to hunt, kill and abandon the bodies of your victims essentially in your backyard where anyone can see or stumble across them. I've heard about killers burying their victims on their property but lying them out in plain sight with active search teams in the area? Sure doesn't seem like the best idea if he wants to remain a free man. IMO

Hi maplesyrup, not being snarky, but we do not know for sure that they were "lying in plain sight", right? Or do we? As I understand it, the details re: how they were left hasn't been released by LE?

Hi maplesyrup. I agree, not being snarky, but we do not know for sure that they were lying in plain sight, right? Or do we? As I understand it, the details re: how they were left/found hasn't been released by LE?
correct. they may have been hidden or covered in some way. that could explain why they were not found on the evening of the search when they got permission to search the property.

No it's not posted this yesterday, didn't know how to link to the post so just copied it and pasted it over here. They were wondering about the statements that were made by LE. The links that were posted about the statements I don't believe you could hear the question that was asked that prompted the answer about people drawing their own conclusions Here it the you tube with the entire conference, might be easier to tell why that statement was given.

I like to go back to the very first PC -posted at 13:09 on Feb. 14. There is one of the most interesting statements so far from DPD IMO.

The site shows 8 brief videos of the PC and 3 videos about the case. During the second video (PC) Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullins says:

Quote, video2 ( also quoted in article):

BBM

"I think people in the community are smart enough in our community to draw their own conclusions about what they should feel and shouldn't feel," Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullins said. "Our people are very smart. We have a very good community and they are very strong. And they are able to draw their own conclusions about this whole situation very successfully.”

End of quoteNow, scroll down and there is a second single video with DPC Mullins. He basically repeats, what he said before, but is wording it differently:

Quote, additional video:BBM

"I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about the situation and they are smart enough to figure out that..what the situation warrants them to think. So, that's all we have to say about that."End of quote

Odd statements, both. Yes! Never heard something like this (police statements) in all the cases on WS I'm watching.

All IMO

-Nin

Source:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/c...s-its-not-good

[video=youtube;_DiBYdeGbdE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DiBYdeGbdE[/video]

My comment in red.

The media thread once again, a valuable resource for information about this case. I thought this comment about the photo was interesting --

March 23rd again --
LEO Slocum: “...But the image I have is that photo, that's what I keep coming back to and trying to figure out what that face looks like and people say "hey why don't you enhance the photo?" well we have, its a photo, a still image that we've created...from Liberty's phone, it's a video so we made a picture out of it, that's why it's blurry.”

“...so, that's the image I have in my head and other investigators because you don't to get caught up in what does a criminal look like, you know we think it's that person (in the photo) or at least, at the very least, that person, that photo has participated, so we try to stick with that, and if the facts change, then they change, and we'll move on from there.”
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...phi-Media-Maps-Timelines-NO-DISCUSSION/page12

I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about the situation and they are smart enough to figure out that..what the situation warrants them to think

I agree that this is ambiguous and it's driving me nuts. It's such a odd statement as two young teens have been murdered and people are looking at them for reassurance and help.

They were about 600 miles apart, but for a truck driver that doesn't seem so far. It was either El Paso or Fort Bliss at the time, I think. I know he lived in both places, but I can't remember which one was on which dates.

He is 40, was wanted for child molestation but had no previous record of it, he lived within an hour or so of Delphi, ~400 miles from Evansdale when those girls were murdered (there are/were also elderly people in that area with the same last name, but I never found out if they were related), ~600 miles from Amber when she was murdered, had been wanted since 1-30-17 but hadn't posted on SM since 2-11-17, had a body and coloring that I thought fit BG, had a fairly extensive criminal record, and a few other things. I did call in about him, but he was arrested a while later and nothing was ever said about him being related to this case.

Are you referring to the person arrested in Kansas after a firey auto crash? If so, I also called the FBI about him. I wish we could discuss him and his crimes here.

Are you referring to the person arrested in Kansas after a firey auto crash? If so, I also called the FBI about him. I wish we could discuss him and his crimes here.

Sorry--i didn't take time to completely absorb your post. My guy different IMO.

Thank you very much for locating the briefing in its entirety!

At app. marker 5:44 Sheriff Lazenby is being asked if he classifies the investigation as a homicide. He is shrugging his shoulders and is reaching for words: " It's, it's a..a death investigation .."

Are they not excluding at that time, that it could have been an accident..?

All IMO
-Nin
This comment is probably why some posters have said LE weren't sure it was crime scene initially "it's a death investigation". In uk we would call it a sudden death if it was not natural causes and the COD was not yet determined.

My comment in red.

The question was "Should the people in the community be afraid.....?"

The response might seem usual but really, what can they say? They're not going to outrightly tell people to be afraid and create panic.

Since then we've learned self-defence classes have been offered, gun permits have increased and a couple of posters here early on said LE hosted local information sessions for them. Comments of locals have also been included in various media events and mention keeping a close watch on their children and somewhere here was a quoted list iirc that included children staying in groups.

So my interpretation is LE doesn't want to install fear, instead they want to empower people to keep everyone safe. That's my interpretation of his uplifting reference to the people of the community being smart.

It's no so much a conspiracy theory that your phone can record you -- nowadays your phone is a glorified tracking device, and certain apps (when open or running in the background) utilize the microphone feature to listen and record you. Google actually records and stores your voice data -- you can access it via your google history report.

Heck, there are even parental control and spyware apps that let you activate someone's microphone remotely so you can locate someone and even listen in to what's happening in real time.

I am simply wondering if/how quickly LE can access someone's audio file data from cellphone companies and third parties (like Facebook, Snapchat, etc..) in a criminal investigation? I imagine they can...all MOO. I'm just thinking outside the box and wondering exactly what types of information they could have gotten off her phone from that day and how...

Source of this info? It sounds pretty conspiracy theory like without backup

This comment is probably why some posters have said LE weren't sure it was crime scene initially "it's a death investigation". In uk we would call it a sudden death if it was not natural causes and the COD was not yet determined.

If that's from the same video, he goes on to say the bodies haven't been formally identified yet. So I think that's protocol, at the point when dead bodies are discovered, it's a death investigation.

Do LE actually ever say anymore they may have a SK on their hands? I feel as if I haven't heard that from various LE in a super long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme