IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no so much a conspiracy theory that your phone can record you -- nowadays your phone is a glorified tracking device, and certain apps (when open or running in the background) utilize the microphone feature to listen and record you. Google actually records and stores your voice data -- you can access it via your google history report.

Heck, there are even parental control and spyware apps that let you activate someone's microphone remotely so you can locate someone and even listen in to what's happening in real time.

I am simply wondering if LE can access someone's audio file data from cellphone companies and third parties (like Facebook, Snapchat, etc..) in a criminal investigation? I imagine they can...all MOO. I'm just thinking outside the box and wondering exactly what types of information they could have gotten off her phone from that day and how...

What you say is possible because right from the beginning LE has been very cautious to keep a separation between the voice and the video/photo.

March 23rd again
“I wasn't there, yeah, I think the love those two girls apparantly had for each other is probably why they stayed together and unfortunately it caused their death. I don't know the situation...I don't know if there was multiple people there because we still don't know.”

“...we released a voice and we released a photograph but we're not saying they're the same person because quite frankly we don't know.”
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...phi-Media-Maps-Timelines-NO-DISCUSSION/page12

Do LE actually ever say anymore they may have a SK on their hands? I feel as if I haven't heard that from various LE in a super long time.

Just guessing but the term may have gotten toned down over time into "repeat offender".

Are you referring to the person arrested in Kansas after a firey auto crash? If so, I also called the FBI about him. I wish we could discuss him and his crimes here.

I don't think so. He was from Indianapolis, but I never heard any details about his arrest. We were given permission to discuss him back in March (I think), but there really isn't much else to say about him now. I've seen nothing new about him since his arrest.

The question was "Should the people in the community be afraid.....?"

The response might seem usual but really, what can they say? They're not going to outrightly tell people to be afraid and create panic.

Since then we've learned self-defence classes have been offered, gun permits have increased and a couple of posters here early on said LE hosted local information sessions for them. Comments of locals have also been included in various media events and mention keeping a close watch on their children and somewhere here was a quoted list iirc that included children staying in groups.

So my interpretation is LE doesn't want to install fear, instead they want to empower people to keep everyone safe. That's my interpretation of his uplifting reference to the people of the community being smart.

I agree with your assessment. I don't think this statement is that suspicious--it's just poorly worded as they probably fumbled a bit in the delivery. They don't want to cause a mass panic, but they also want to say "look, you're smart enough to understand the gravity of the situation and what that means for your family." Hence the "keep an eye on your kids and know what they are up to" comment that was also made around this time.

Anyone here who is following the case of the Rhoden Family murders in Piketon last year, they will remember the statement the Sheriff made a day or two after then murders when asked the exact same question in a PC-- he “I can tell you if you are fearful, arm yourself. If you feel you need to protect yourself or your family, do so."

That was a super bold statement and people obsessed over it, too. "what does it mean!?? Serial killer?? Are we all in great danger?" That's a hard question to answer without giving away the nature of the crime, and it's sort of like, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't tell people if/why they should be afraid in this type of situation.

I can't quote because it's an old thread but on post #992, Asyousay said "So somebody who knew the girls would be together that would narrow it down surely."

This is where I think what LE hasn't released is almost more interesting than what they HAVE. Early on, it was said that a third person was meant to be with the girls on that day. We were never told who that third person was, or if they were male or female. I think that lack of information is important. At any rate, if it is not a completely random attack, then they MUST be looking at the folks that knew the girls were there at that exact time. Did they text anyone when they arrived? Call or msg anyone on the trail? When the plans were made ahead of time, was the exact time given? "Hey, we're gonna be on the bridge at 2pm, Instagramming. Wanna come?" Who might have shared that information, or overheard it?

These are questions I think about.

I do not feel that this is a serial killer.

I agree --- they have always been extremely cautious in how they speak about the video and audio, keeping them separate.

They say she was a hero "to have enough presence of mind to activate that video system on her cellphone, to record what we believe is criminal behavior that's about to occur." They are being artfully vague as to not let the killer(s) know exactly what and how much information and audio they have, as well as to keep the public from learning exactly how they went about obtaining it.

The fact that it wasn't released until the 22nd, more than a week after the murders, makes me feel it took them awhile to get it.

The digital and social media component of this investigation is what I obsess about most -- how was she able to record audio in a moment of such grave danger? If I felt threatened, I think my first response would be not to fumble around with my phone to try and record a video or audio, but to make a call for help and/or to notify someone, anyone, about where I was and that I was in trouble. This is why I can see the audio being extracted from something like google voice data as she maybe had her phone in her pocket and was pressing her home button and activating Siri or the emergency call feature. I just wonder what information they were able to get from her cellphone, and exactly how they got it.

What you say is possible because right from the beginning LE has been very cautious to keep a separation between the voice and the video/photo.

March 23rd again
“I wasn't there, yeah, I think the love those two girls apparantly had for each other is probably why they stayed together and unfortunately it caused their death. I don't know the situation...I don't know if there was multiple people there because we still don't know.”

“...we released a voice and we released a photograph but we're not saying they're the same person because quite frankly we don't know.”
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...phi-Media-Maps-Timelines-NO-DISCUSSION/page12

I can't quote because it's an old thread but on post #992, Asyousay said "So somebody who knew the girls would be together that would narrow it down surely."

This is where I think what LE hasn't released is almost more interesting than what they HAVE. Early on, it was said that a third person was meant to be with the girls on that day. We were never told who that third person was, or if they were male or female. I think that lack of information is important. At any rate, if it is not a completely random attack, then they MUST be looking at the folks that knew the girls were there at that exact time. Did they text anyone when they arrived? Call or msg anyone on the trail? When the plans were made ahead of time, was the exact time given? "Hey, we're gonna be on the bridge at 2pm, Instagramming. Wanna come?" Who might have shared that information, or overheard it?

These are questions I think about.

I do not feel that this is a serial killer.

JMO...
I remember reading in at least one MSM article, but I don't remember which one, that said one of their classmates said she was going to go or supposed to go or invited to go to the bridge with them but couldn't make it. IIRC, in that same article it was mentioned a male classmate couldn't go either. I think it was the same one with the info on the girl who was friends with them and wanted to go into forensics like Abby. I'm at work and can't research MSM right now, so I'll go back to lurking again.
JMO...

I don't think so. He was from Indianapolis, but I never heard any details about his arrest. We were given permission to discuss him back in March (I think), but there really isn't much else to say about him now. I've seen nothing new about him since his arrest.

Are you referring to JW?

I haven't followed this case from the beginning and I see the JW name other forums. What was the deal? Is it allowed?

We were given permission to sleuth JW in February or March, then the whole RL thing went wild and JW fell off most people's radar.
JMO...
I don't know if JW could be involved with Abby and Libby, but I think I found the same info as Confusion regarding Iowa and possible relatives in that area, which might give him a reason to be there. JMO...

JMO...
I remember reading in at least one MSM article, but I don't remember which one, that said one of their classmates said she was going to go or supposed to go or invited to go to the bridge with them but couldn't make it. IIRC, in that same article it was mentioned a male classmate couldn't go either. I think it was the same one with the info on the girl who was friends with them and wanted to go into forensics like Abby. I'm at work and can't research MSM right now, so I'll go back to lurking again.
JMO...

I must have missed the one with the pronouns so yeah, if you can find that article it would help me out. :loveyou:

I haven't followed this case from the beginning and I see the JW name other forums. What was the deal? Is it allowed?

This is where I get confused because there are 2 people floating around with those initials.

We were given permission to sleuth JW in February or March, then the whole RL thing went wild and JW fell off most people's radar.
JMO...
I don't know if JW could be involved with Abby and Libby, but I think I found the same info as Confusion regarding Iowa and possible relatives in that area, which might give him a reason to be there. JMO...

I just looked at his linkin profile and he looks like he could be BG.

BUT so does half that town sadly.

I just looked at his linkin profile and he looks like he could be BG.

BUT so does half that town sadly.

Exactly. I posted this before (to Gitana, I think)...but if you look through the RSO's in the immediate area and a bit beyond, you'll find several that look 'exactly' like BG.

:gaah:

(2+2=4 :D Sorry, couldn't help myself)

i personally don't think the crime was planned in anyway and instead it was something that just happened...a crime of opportunity, or something that escalated quickly. i don't think it is a disguise, and that it is likely that he dresses like that on regular basis.

Completely agree. I believe he is dressed in clothing he would wear every day. I also think it is entirely possible he has gone back out to replace any items he discarded. Creature of habit. IMO

WOW! And he's still on the run?

Best info I can find indicates he is in custody, with a jury trial scheduled for May 23.

IMHO, at 6' 3" and 220 lbs he is too large to be bridge guy.

Hi maplesyrup, not being snarky, but we do not know for sure that they were "lying in plain sight", right? Or do we? As I understand it, the details re: how they were left hasn't been released by LE?

Very true. Point taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member