IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they have evidence but no one to match it to yet.

I think so too, especially considering this comment in relation to Senate Bill 322 requiring DNA from persons arrested for a felony.

"Sen. Brandt Hershman, R-Buck Creek, represents the people of Delphi, Indiana, and he said this type of technology could find the murderer of the two young girls from his district.

“I would hope that having DNA records might be the very thing that would bring this vicious person to justice,” Hershman told the Senate before a final vote Thursday. “But also, ensure that we do not bring the wrong person to justice.”
http://thestatehousefile.com/bill-requiring-dna-collection-felony-arrest-final-step/31109/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

March 15th
“If we’re looking for third party data, if we’re looking for information from a company, or a business, that the business acquires in the course of its business, that might relate to an investigation, we send a subpoena,” said Ives. “If you’re looking for evidence that relates directly to proof of a crime and it’s in a realm of privacy, in a person’s home, in a person’s phone, in a person’s computer, on their person, some other situations, then you have to get a search warrant for that type of information, and we’ve gotten some search warrants but often those search warrants didn’t directly relate to the investigation of the killing of the two girls. They’re related to other matters in the course of this investigation. When so many people are being checked on, other things get found.

That was true in the arrest of a local man known to investigators last weekend who is being held without bond on a probation violation for an alcohol-related offense."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/15/indiana-teens-killer-may-have-met-police-prosecutors-say.html

BBM

This quote, I finally found it again. I remember reading it, and reading it again.

Anyone else want to take a guess as to what it being said?

Maybe what is meant is that Search Warrants are obtained and the results don't always directly relate to the killings of the two girls?

Otherwise my second thought is that some of the Search Warrants relate indirectly (but not directly) to whoever the Search Warrant is issued to.

March 15th
“If we’re looking for third party data, if we’re looking for information from a company, or a business, that the business acquires in the course of its business, that might relate to an investigation, we send a subpoena,” said Ives. “If you’re looking for evidence that relates directly to proof of a crime and it’s in a realm of privacy, in a person’s home, in a person’s phone, in a person’s computer, on their person, some other situations, then you have to get a search warrant for that type of information, and we’ve gotten some search warrants but often those search warrants didn’t directly relate to the investigation of the killing of the two girls. They’re related to other matters in the course of this investigation. When so many people are being checked on, other things get found.

That was true in the arrest of a local man known to investigators last weekend who is being held without bond on a probation violation for an alcohol-related offense."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/15/indiana-teens-killer-may-have-met-police-prosecutors-say.html

BBM

This quote, I finally found it again. I remember reading it, and reading it again.

Maybe what is meant is that Search Warrants are obtained and the results don't always directly relate to the killings of the two girls?

Otherwise my second thought is that some of the Search Warrants relate indirectly (but not directly) to whoever the Search Warrant is issued to.

I'll take a stab...

Warrant to search phone from verizon/AT&T etc or search warrant for cloud information. Doesn't mean verizon or AT&T are involved it just means they may have information that's important to the case. idk

Well what if they say something like
oMG here he comes and looks mad.

They could have said he.....

He could have told them to keep their mouths shut.
They may not have said anything.
Jmo

I truly don't think they knew him. However, in the case that they did know him; if he told them to keep their mouths shut, and especially if they know he's about to seriously harm or kill them, I think they'll slip and say his name in the audio...especially if they were frantically begging him for their lives. " Please so and so, don't do this!" Libby was purposefully recording him, and so I think she would purposefully say his name if she knew him. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I truly don't think they knew him. However, in the case that they did know him; if he told them to keep their mouths shut, and especially if they know he's about to seriously harm or kill them, I think they'll slip and say his name in the audio...especially if they were frantically begging him for their lives. " Please so and so, don't do this!" Libby was purposefully recording him, and so I think she would purposefully say his name if she knew him. JMO

Excellent point. LE are calling Libby a hero, if she kept the video on and there is additional video/sound she would have identified him somehow if she knew him.

March 15th

BBM

I think this case is so twisted that it's like untangling a huge ball of yarn. I believe this guy is being protected by someone or a group of people and that's what they're alluding to. JMO

If they knew him, others would know him...either their friends or family. And that does not seem to be the case.

I really think that he saw them being dropped off and followed them in.

IMO, from all we've been given, i think the killer was close during the search. Does this mean he was posing as a concerned community member and/or professional? I'm not sure, but maybe???

IMO, from all we've been given, i think the killer was close during the search. Does this mean he was posing as a concerned community member and/or professional? I'm not sure, but maybe???

Respectfully, from what "we've been given" makes you think he was close during the search?

That is quite possible. He may have just been watching for the "right" opportunity and took it.

I've worked for a PD back in the day and they do auction off their vehicles after several years. It possible it could have even been a retired car.
ETA - Back then (not sure about today I could google but I'm lazy:)) they didn't remove the side spotlight from the police vehicles.

But I guess my point was BG is thought to be older and this guy first hand account is 20's.

Always have in mind (at least I): BG "participated" and therefore maybe wasn't the only perp. Any suspicious man who is a RSO or who got recently arrested because of DUI/drugs/alcohol/violence/SA/mast. in public/arson/DV etc. etc. AND who DOESN'T look like middle aged white BG could have been his accomplice. LE would know whom of the countless men to exclude but we WSers don't know, unfortunately.

See, I think he was probably out of the area before the girls even missed their pick-up.

Always have in mind (at least I): BG "participated" and therefore maybe wasn't the only perp. Any suspicious man who is an RSO or who got recently arrested because of DUI/drugs/alcohol/violence/SA/mast in public/arson/DV etc. etc. AND DOESN'T look like middle aged white BG could have been his accomplice. LE would know whom of the countless men to exclude but we WSers don't know, unfortunately.

I'm not sure why but I still think only BG and no accomplice. BUT that is only my "feeling" and I have nothing to back it up. It's just my speculation.

In the event that LE doesn't know who the murderer of A +L is , I hope the school system; parents, and LE are working very closely together to protect and monitor the children of Delphi . Summer break is here too soon. Parents have to work and can't have an eye on their kids 24/7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Respectfully, from what "we've been given" makes you think he was close during the search?

Im speaking in general. Just what we do know, gives me a very ill feeling he was near. This is all just my guesses and feelings. Of course, it really means nothing at all.

I wish I could but I won't.
Hope they do arrest someone soon but I don't think this will be solved.

Sadly, I'm leaning this way as well. Hope we are both wrong. And agree with your thoughts that they know him or he was familiar to them.

Im speaking in general. Just what we do know, gives me a very ill feeling he was near. This is all just my guesses and feelings. Of course, it really means nothing at all.

It's not just your instinct. There are more than a few reports of Perps participating in searches, hanging posters, going to the funerals, etc. Apparently it nourishes the memory of the crime.

See, I think he was probably out of the area before the girls even missed their pick-up.

I'm not doubting. But that's one heck of a double murder within or possibly under an hour. With one of the victims being 200 pounds.

Among other theories, I've never dismissed that this double homicide happened so quickly. But what always strikes me is how fast he did this. Like comic book fast.

I've been thinking that one of a few things happened, or maybe a combination of 2 or more of them. In no particular order, and not connected to each other for the most part.
1. He parked on the south end of the cemetery, and stayed within the wooded area to get to the bridge.
2. He parked on the south end of the cemetery, stayed within the edge of the wooded area to get to the trail, and followed the trail to the bridge.
3. He heard when the girls' ride arrived and started calling for them, slipped back through the trees to his car, and drove away.
4. He had already started back to his car (or even reached it) by the time the ride got there, and calmly drove away before the person/people started calling for them
5. He changed his clothes (took off the jacket and maybe the jeans if he had another pair on under them), left on the trail, passing CE until out of sight and then cut through the woods back to the cemetery.
6. After leaving, he went somewhere to wait for news that the girls were missing. Once he's informed of it, he went back to help search for them (and anything he may have accidentally dropped.
7. He parked somewhere else, and after the murders he made his way back toward his car and then followed the trail to the bridge pretending to have just arrived.
8. LG must have turned the ringer off on her phone or he would most likely have grabbed it and broken it when people started trying to call her.
Guess that's enough, I'm getting less clear with each one I write.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members