IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt it be great to know what Liberty wanted Peter Pan to rescue her from? When I was 14 it would have been evening dishes during the school year and summertime ironing of fitted sheets. Lol

Based on what people have shared and the silly things they posted on SM, Abby and Libby seemed to have such fun personalities. They had to have been a source of true light and joy to their families and friends!

I didn't take the Peter Pan quote seriously, but looking at it that way, for me at that age it would have been washing dishes. Thank God for dishwashers . lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're walking along the creek with a flashlight searching on RLs land the 50-60 feet from the waters edge is not far and a flashlight would reach IMO just like it would reach across the creek which looks to be about 100 feet. The bodies can't have been concealed because a volunteer found them almost straight away once they were allowed to search. MOO.

Yes and I agree. But maybe they simply didn't search that particular area. Or they did something quickly on only a small part and then decided to search elsewhere.

If a vehicle was involved it has to be found as it's also would be a CS. I was watching the live helicopter overhead footage from RTV6 had from the 14th and there were a lot of police vehicles in the cemetery area, they could have drove over any tire tracks if a vehicle had been parked there :( https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/videos/10154523478509092/

Hello, Peace. You are correct about locating the vehicle. If it is a white truck, similar to the one LE towed from RLs then, I found it. All I can do is show it to LE and the FBI and let them determine its value to the case, if any.

Respectfully snipped.

BG is thought to be older though correct?

He is, based on the released images and voice capture. However, the middle aged status of BG is speculation, as far as I can tell.

For the LaPorte case, the age is also speculation (although having first hand eye witness accounts in this case, the age provided is more believable).

This LaPorte situation has caught my attention, as well, since it appears to involve a ruse- not sure what the motive was here. It doesn't seem a crime occurred other than police impersonation, and on the surface seems only to be a weird event.

That being said, this quote from the article made me sit up a bit:

A dark Ford Crown Victoria with a bumper guard pulled up and shined a spotlight on them, according to the news release.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_86a4a9a2-43a8-502f-b2ce-0220e375e2ef.html

This could *possibly, maybe and in my opinion only* be a true warning sign of someone interested in police work, since that type of car seems to be used as police cars (Google it).

Something to think about, anyway, as this case becomes more frustrating as time goes by. Thanks, everyone!

Ember or anyone...what does this mean? Did I miss something?
I found online abby & libby tiedye tee turquoise and purple by going to Google images then clicking on visit page. Purchase supports softball fields planned in their honor. Wasn't sure if I cld post the actual websight link so was being slightly vague.

He is, based on the released images and voice capture. However, the middle aged status of BG is speculation, as far as I can tell.

For the LaPorte case, the age is also speculation (although having first hand eye witness accounts in this case, the age provided is more believable).

This LaPorte situation has caught my attention, as well, since it appears to involve a ruse- not sure what the motive was here. It doesn't seem a crime occurred, and on the surface seems only to be a weird event.

A dark Ford Crown Victoria with a bumper guard pulled up and shined a spotlight on them, according to the news release.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_86a4a9a2-43a8-502f-b2ce-0220e375e2ef.html

This could *possibly, maybe and in my opinion only* be a true warning sign of someone interested in police work, since that type of car seems to be used as police cars (Google it).

Something to think about, anyway, as this case becomes more frustrating as time goes by. Thanks, everyone!

I've worked for a PD back in the day and they do auction off their vehicles after several years. It possible it could have even been a retired car.
ETA - Back then (not sure about today I could google but I'm lazy:)) they didn't remove the side spotlight from the police vehicles.

But I guess my point was BG is thought to be older and this guy first hand account is 20's.

I gotcha. Stymied at every turn. :)

It does make me think, though, about a person who likes to impersonate authority figures. Were they let go from a position like that? Did they fail a test to get into a program?

Could a personality like that figure into the Delphi murders?

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I gotcha. Stymied at every turn. :)

It does make me think, though, about a person who likes to impersonate authority figures. Were they let go from a position like that? Did they fail a test to get into a program?

Could a personality like that figure into the Delphi murders?

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Its an easy way to get control of the situation I think. We are all taught to be respectful and listen to authorities, so someone with ulterior motives could clearly see this as a way to take advantage I think and get control of people especially young girls.

I think that is a possibility in this case although I have no opinion IF this is the case here.

Are we only accepting LE sources now? Did I miss the memo? ;-)

Talking of LE , anyone know if an update on the expected forensics is available? I think Misty Waters and Burnt Toast have both stated they were confident about results coming back so wondering what is the opinion why that is still not forthcoming?

LE hasn't released to the public any forensic results nor committed to do so. Therefore whatever might be forthcoming, will likely also remain unknown. If an arrest is forthcoming that'd be great but they've not gave any indication of pending optimism. The latest statement about investigators now revisiting some of the 18000 tips seems to me they're still at the stage of narrowing down a list of possible suspects. MOO

Ember or anyone...what does this mean? Did I miss something?

So why did a searcher go and ask RL if they could search on his property at 06.30 p.m on the 13th? Why would they ask but not search? That doesn't make any sense IMO.
Maybe they were around his property for nefarious reasons and wanted to cloak their presence under pretense of "searching" by having requested permission of him? MOO.

Third time typing this! IMO there is an etiquette for when you encounter children who are well-versed in stranger danger from schools, clubs, perhaps home. You smile as you approach but you leave plenty of room between you so that you don,t scare them. If there is a pair or group, I always smile and say Hi or "Catch anything?" But for a single child, I just smile at them, and do not talk so that I don't scare them. IMO, BG does not seem to follow this. He is directly moving at them, without a smile in pic, hand not out and waving a bit. He appears aggressive to me especially on a bridge. IMO, he went straight at them without a ruse.

This LaPorte situation has caught my attention, as well, since it appears to involve a ruse- not sure what the motive was here. It doesn't seem a crime occurred other than police impersonation, and on the surface seems only to be a weird event.

Had the 3 teenagers been 2 females would the story have ended in a different way?(I am assuming there were some males fishing...could be a faulty assumption.)

Maybe they were around his property for nefarious reasons and wanted to cloak their presence under pretense of "searching" by having requested permission of him? MOO.

i am confident about them getting them back but i am not so confident in LE sharing the results with us. i was actually very surprised that they even shared they had "some" results back but were waiting on more from the FBI's Virginia lab. they look at the benefit and risk of everything they release in a tight lipped case like this. i can't see the benefit of telling us the results before an arrest is made. i personally don't know what they could gain. however, i am right there with you. i wish we would hear something, even if it just that the fact that the forensic testing was completed.
I wish LE wld even just give us an indication as to whether progress on the case is moving slowly, moving along at a decent clip, or even vaguely hint that they might be closing in on last, loose ends?

The second crime scene may be plausible, but it really doesn't make much sense. The most popular theory of 2nd location is the crime taking place in the Mears outbuilding. If that is true, then why move the bodies at all? It makes zero sense to move the bodies and endanger yourself being caught when the whole town is on high alert looking for them or suspicious activity. If it was just to be found, they would have inevitably been found in that small barn. What indication is there that this crime took time? It could have been over 10 minutes after the audio was recorded. Is there any evidence that disputes this?

Framing RL makes as much sense as any other explanation for them coming all the way back to dump the bodies, although still not worth the risk. It would be extremely brazen or plain stupid to move bodies less than a mile just to implicate an old man with no violent history. According to RLs wife, the police have time stamped video of RL in other places during the time that the crime occurred. I highly doubt she would defend him so robustly and publicly if this weren't the case. RL for me is 100% not involved in the criminal act, thought it may be possible that he knows something, but that's it. I would happily admit I was wrong if it meant LE had the evidence to charge him and ultimately solve this, I just don't see it.

Occam's Razor for me. I strongly believe the sight of the crime happened very near to where they were found. I also believe it was a single person mostly acting on opportunity. I would be interested to know if anyone has any statistic on how often more than one person (versus one perpetrator) commit a murder on a minor. I would be surprised if a single perpetrator wasn't the overwhelming majority of cases. MO and not looking at facts, but you would need numerous very sick people.

Many people are thinking of every motive under the sun that this could happen, but the fact of the matter is there aren't many things those girls could have done/seen/heard to warrant MURDERING them. For me, the motive is one psychopath/sociopath plus two beautiful and innocent girls and a small window of opportunity. No drugs or pregnancy or abuse and certainly no occult conspiracy. Again MOO, but I believe that the perpetrator was calm, calculating, and thorough, and may have done it before.

I have wondered since looking at the videos Gray Hughes produced very early in the timeline of this case (example: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz4citG68), if there were two crime scenes as well- one where the crime happened, and the second, where the girls' bodies were discovered.

It doesn't have to involve a whole lot of transition, only a primary crime scene and a secondary crime scene. Both of these scenes could be in relatively close proximity and not involve either girl being transported to an outbuilding on any neighboring property.

All that to say, what do I know? There were searches a few weeks later on the properties neighboring the crime scene we know about. It could very well be the unknown suspect had been hanging about prior to the murders in one of the outbuildings on these properties, and possibly after, since the SWs on RL and the Mear's properties happened so long after this horrible crime. Hopefully, the investigators got some good evidence through the later searches.

I wish LE wld even just give us an indication as to whether progress on the case is moving slowly, moving along at a decent clip, or even vaguely hint that they might be closing in on last, loose ends?

I do too.

I think they don't because its like poker, they don't want to show what they've got, hoping the person messes up. OR what they've got is zilch.

Is there a reference link that explains what all the abbreviations on Web Sleuths means? I know what JMO, IMO, MOO SM and BG means, but what about the others? In particular, I see IIRC,AFAIK and TOS posted off and on and I'm still trying to figure out what some of those stand for. lol

Please don't take this as a snarky post. I'm sincerely trying to better understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I recall correctly, as far as I know, terms of service and two of my favourites AFAICS as far as I can see and TIA thanks in advance. And of course YVW you're very welcome.

It's too bad RL's terrier doesn't speak or that LE doesn't speak doglish. It needs to be interviewed. I'd love to know what that little 4 legged friend heard that afternoon. Maybe it's the type of dog that goes in and out via a dog door. Although it's possible he/she went with RL into Lafayette that afternoon.

It's also possible that where the girls were found is too far away from the main house for a dog to hear anything.

I recall it mentioned RLs house is just over 1/2 mile from the discovery site. That would be quite a distance for his little house dog to alert to, imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JMO but if they knew this man why wouldn't they have said his name on the audio. Why even video him unless he was STRANGE to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon