IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder if the girls hadn't been in the barn but that BG had been. Maybe he left evidence behind like food wrappers or maybe even his coat. He may have killed the girls and gone straight up through RL's property to get rid of evidence in the barn. He may have been camped out there before and went down to the bridge through RL's property after RL left that morning. Perhaps that is why there was such a big search there. JMO

The Sheriff called off the LE/FF search at midnight. It has been in the news since he made the decision. [Thank you, Bird of Paradise, for providing insight into the searches via links.]

I possess understanding of livor mortis and the body's natural process following death. There is no way of knowing what data LE has been able to obtain during their investigation. There have been dozens of SWs issued. We are not privy to the reasons for them.

I possess no specific knowledge about where RLs dog stayed during the day or night. I cannot state whether or not RLs dog would have alerted RL to the possibility of intruders.

It is reasonable to believe the entire abduction/killings took place within the immediate area. Therefore, the basis of not taking the two girls to another location is valid. I just do not think whatever was done, was committed in a wide open area. Nor do I believe the girls were taken to an easily accessible location from High Bridge. Hence, searching the High Bridge exterior buildings and barns proved futile. This is only my opinion and is subject to change at any given time.

If a vehicle was involved it has to be found as it's also would be a CS. I was watching the live helicopter overhead footage from RTV6 had from the 14th and there were a lot of police vehicles in the cemetery area, they could have drove over any tire tracks if a vehicle had been parked there :( https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/videos/10154523478509092/

Okay, maybe we hear of something and shut our mouth because of TOS and because there would be no basis to sleuth more re "man in black" or similar. Though my brain would like to work (IF at all) otherwise. "Man in black, stranger in that area, unfriendly, replied no greeting" I would inevitably connect with MSM news about some guy who was wearing black pants and was impersonating an official guardian .....

kittycat posted:
http://www.abc57.com/story/35501616/alleged-police-impersonator-at-kingsbury-fish-and-wildlife

The link has been posted now Germany to show its not a rumour. It's an extensive article and should be in the media thread. Hoping mods can add it in so we don't have to keep going thru the same old stuff. This link proves the official search on 13th, the drone use in the search, the CME sighting of a man and a couple, the phones pinging till around 5.30p.m. the no foul play quote and lots of other stuff.

Okay, maybe we hear of something and shut our mouth because of TOS and because there would be no basis to sleuth more re "man in black" or similar. Though my brain would like to work (IF at all) otherwise. "Man in black, stranger in that area, unfriendly, replied no greeting" I would inevitably connect with MSM news about some guy who was wearing black pants and was impersonating an official guardian .....

kittycat posted:
http://www.abc57.com/story/35501616/alleged-police-impersonator-at-kingsbury-fish-and-wildlife

JMO...
While I understand what you're saying, unless the originating source is MSM (and not an online news source quoting SM), or it comes directly from LE or the families, it's an unconfirmed tidbit of information to store with all the other unconfirmed tidbits (rumors, hearsay) in the backs of our minds. It is not to be taken as fact, nor stated as such because all that does is mislead people reading here.

And by the way, it would be a beautiful day if the police impersonator was apprehended and was also tied to Abby and Libby's case. And maybe Iowa as well.
JMO.

Is there a reference link that explains what all the abbreviations on Web Sleuths means? I know what JMO, IMO, MOO SM and BG means, but what about the others? In particular, I see IIRC,AFAIK and TOS posted off and on and I'm still trying to figure out what some of those stand for. lol

Please don't take this as a snarky post. I'm sincerely trying to better understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The link is in my signature.

BBM--Not sure what you mean regarding "official" Misty, but here's one link

February 13, 5:30 p.m.: After family could not locate the girls they contacted the Carroll County Sheriff's Department.
The Carroll County Sheriff's Department, Delphi Police Department, and Delphi Fire Department were joined by the Department of Natural Resources to search for the two missing girls.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/timeline-13-year-old-girls-go-missing-bodies-found

Thanks, still pondering "official". I think it's important to remember it's only in hindsight that LE discovered the homicides occured.

The next line under that link says this:

"Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said crews began canvassing the area and tried pinging the girls' cell phones into the evening hours but had no success in finding them. The sheriff said they believed the girls' phones were either dead or turned off."

There's also a YouTube video of an early LE interview where it's mentioned the search area trying to find the whereabouts of the missing girls was a distance 20 to 25 miles.

Other than family and friends walking the trails and calling out, and the fire dept searching the river banks, presumably in case the girls had fallen in, I'm thinking that more might be read into "official search" than actually occured. For example there was no reason for a thorough ground search looking for bodies to have taken place on RLs land, which is oft mentioned to support the "bodies moved" theory. However his land did border the river, where it was stated a search took place,

JMO...
But it's still referencing a FB post on social media. The woman was not interviewed by the press, nor has LE confirmed/denied it. Still SM rumor per WS TOS as far as I know.
We can discuss if it's in MSM since the accountability now falls on the news source.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

What about at the cemetery? A vehicle could have been parked there. And I believe there is a trail through the woods from there that leads to the bridge. RG's videos show this. JMO
Indeed it could have. Did any searchers park in the cemetery or on the road under the bridge that first night?

I still wonder if the girls hadn't been in the barn but that BG had been. Maybe he left evidence behind like food wrappers or maybe even his coat. He may have killed the girls and gone straight up through RL's property to get rid of evidence in the barn. He may have been camped out there before and went down to the bridge through RL's property after RL left that morning. Perhaps that is why there was such a big search there. JMO

JMO...
I agree. Either RL's barn or the one across the street from his property or both. He could have stashed, clothes, weapon(s), belongings of the girls... Remember at the very beginning LE was asking if anyone has seen someone dispose a backpack or duffel bag? This could have been found there as well.
JMO.

We can discuss if it's in MSM since the accountability now falls on the news source.

Thank you!!

I didn't know that. I was under the impression that if it was quoted from SM either here or in MSM it was off limits.

Apologies to the other posters!

But the comment was not a "quote' from LE.
IMO it will remain unsubstantiated until LE confirms.

JMO...
While I understand what you're saying, unless the originating source is MSM (and not an online news source quoting SM), or it comes directly from LE or the families, it's an unconfirmed tidbit of information to store with all the other unconfirmed tidbits (rumors, hearsay) in the backs of our minds. It is not to be taken as fact, nor stated as such because all that does is mislead people reading here.

And by the way, it would be a beautiful day if the police impersonator was apprehended and was also tied to Abby and Libby's case. And maybe Iowa as well.
JMO.
WADR an online news source is acceptable whether or not it quotes SM. The fact it is on the news source makes it so. But maybe Mods will confirm and delete if unacceptable or add to media thread if ok so we can be sure.
P.s. what was the police impersonator reference? Have you a link please?

How far were the bodies found from the cemetery? If someone was searching the cemetery on the night of the 13th or it's perimeter, would a flashlight be able to see the bodies from that distance?

But the comment was not a "quote' from LE.
IMO it will remain unsubstantiated until LE confirms.

Are we only accepting LE sources now? Did I miss the memo? ;-)

Talking of LE , anyone know if an update on the expected forensics is available? I think Misty Waters and Burnt Toast have both stated they were confident about results coming back so wondering what is the opinion why that is still not forthcoming?

WADR an online news source is acceptable whether or not it quotes SM. The fact it is on the news source makes it so. But maybe Mods will confirm and delete if unacceptable or add to media thread if ok so we can be sure.
P.s. what was the police impersonator reference? Have you a link please?

The link was in the post I replied to.
It's also in post 932 on this thread.

Edit: add post #.

Thanks, still pondering "official". I think it's important to remember it's only in hindsight that LE discovered the homicides occured.

The next line under that link says this:

"Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said crews began canvassing the area and tried pinging the girls' cell phones into the evening hours but had no success in finding them. The sheriff said they believed the girls' phones were either dead or turned off."

There's also a YouTube video of an early LE interview where it's mentioned the search area trying to find the whereabouts of the missing girls was a distance 20 to 25 miles.

Other than family and friends walking the trails and calling out, and the fire dept searching the river banks, presumably in case the girls had fallen in, I'm thinking that more might be read into "official search" than actually occured. For example there was no reason for a thorough ground search looking for bodies to have taken place on RLs land, which is oft mentioned to support the "bodies moved" theory. However his land did border the river, where it was stated a search took place,
So why did a searcher go and ask RL if they could search on his property at 06.30 p.m on the 13th? Why would they ask but not search? That doesn't make any sense IMO.

How far were the bodies found from the cemetery? If someone was searching the cemetery on the night of the 13th or it's perimeter, would a flashlight be able to see the bodies from that distance?

Used Google maps this is just approximate as not sure exactly where Libby and Abby's bodies were found distancea.jpg

So why did a searcher go and ask RL if they could search on his property at 06.30 p.m on the 13th? Why would they ask but not search? That doesn't make any sense IMO.

IMHO, people did search part of his property that night or planned to. I know from SM that relatives were out until 2-4 AM. Maybe they didn't search that exact spot, but I bet they did walk at least somewhere on his property that evening/early morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme