Shannen Doherty, Star of Beverly Hills, 90210 and Charmed, Dies at 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sds71

Reaction score
Shannen Doherty has died after years living with cancer, PEOPLE has confirmed. She was 53.

"It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of actress Shannen Doherty. On Saturday, July 13, she lost her battle with cancer after many years of fighting the disease," Doherty's longtime publicist Leslie Sloane confirmed in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE on Sunday, July 14.

"The devoted daughter, sister, aunt and friend was surrounded by her loved ones as well as her dog, Bowie. The family asks for their privacy at this time so they can grieve in peace," Sloane continued.

The Beverly Hills 90210 star was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015.

"I definitely have days where I say, 'Why me?'" Doherty told PEOPLE of the development in her health. "And then I go, well, 'Why not me? Who else? Who else besides me deserves this?' None of us do."

Shannen Doherty, a child actor who became one of the biggest stars of the 1990s as a student on the high school drama “Beverly Hills, 90210,” died Saturday after facing breast cancer for several years.

“It is with a heavy heart that I confirm the passing of actress Shannen Doherty. On Saturday, July 13, she lost her battle with cancer after many years of fighting the disease,” said Doherty’s publicist Leslie Sloane.

She was 53.

Doherty was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015, but she went into remission two years later. That reprieve wouldn’t last. In February 2020, court documents in a lawsuit Doherty filed against her insurance company over damage to her home said she was “dying” of Stage 4 breast cancer, which metastasized to the point of being incurable...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya
Back