IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya, just jumping in here, so forgive me if his was addressed. I'm just wondering why it matters if this guy did or didn't know a school schedule?
Sure it relates to the fact that the girls were there and not in school, but we don't know who this guy is or if he was particularly targeting a child.
Perhaps he was there with his plan, with no particular target and came across the girls and carried everything out.
Again, I don't know all the details, but from what I've quickly skimmed, I don't see any reason to think he was taking advantage of knowing school was out in order to specifically target young girls.

We don't know that he wasn't, also. It's just a theory, not unlike many other theories.

This is national Police Week! Great time to solve this case or at least give us some hope don't you think? Supt. Carter? Sgt. Leazenby? Sgt. Slocum??

So, Foxfire would say "there's a reason he's gone undetected this long...".

What is this reason(s)?

ETA: Answering myself: Skilled, experienced hunter.
My reasons:

0) LE has not released enough information for potential tips to be made. The secrets LE are keeping are hindering their ability to identify the perpetrator(s) via public assistance.

1) Perpetrator(s) not from the area, more than 50 miles away
2) While BG looks like someone they know, the voice is totally different
3) While the voice sounds like someone they know, that person does not look like BG
4) No one who knows BG and/or the voice believes that person is capable of committing this crime
5) Not an RSO
6) No felony record
7) Perpetrator(s) understands investigative techniques, especially tracking of phones, vehicles that have OnStar (or the equivalent) regardless of whether subscribed or not or rental vehicles that are tracked by GPS, etc.

8) LE has not located the murder scene, thus they can't use that location information to learn more about the perpetrator(s)
9) LE does not have Libby's phone, thus they can't learn anything more than what they had the morning the girls were found.
10) LE has only in passing said it could be more than one involved, thus any witness that might have seen two or more people that were "out of place" hasn't tipped that because they are under the impression LE is looking for only one person - BG.

My main concern is that there were potentially very useful tips out there that have never been called in because the tipsters have not been given the information necessary by LE to make that tip and releasing any information later could very easily result in no tip being made because the person that could have made that tip has forgotten, now mis-remembers, or is no longer paying attention to this case. Some of them might have seen the witch hunts and that deters them.

LE has done themselves no favors by withholding the most basic pieces of information that in no way whatsoever would compromise their case. We don't have a timeline. We don't have a height of BG. We don't know where the girls were dropped off. Simple things. As I have said before LE doesn't need to keep hundreds of secrets to preserve the integrity of their case.

Another concern is that LE has been trying to bluff the perpetrator(s) into thinking LE knows more than they actually do. This has evidently not flushed out a suspect, if that is the case, and that would mean BG has absolutely no concern whatsoever that LE is going to be knocking on their door, let alone even speak with them or let alone ever arrest them.

Was RL gone for the day? The only thing proven to be true in his stories is the one he actually didn't give but came out later in court documents - trip to the dump late morning. AFAIK, that's the only verifiable account of his whereabouts that day. If LE verified his other alibis, they never released that publicly.

This case of a missing little girl was solved within a few days with her DNA:
[FONT=&amp]The warrant details how Harrington killed the young girl after kidnapping her from her home on or about May 5, after killing Iyana’s mother. Harrington placed Iyana Lowery’s body in a remote pool of water off New Bridge Road in McColl, where she was discovered May 14. Harrington “transported [Iyana] in a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse,” where Iyana’s DNA was found in the trunk of the car, the warrant reports.[/FONT]

http://wbtw.com/2017/05/17/warrants...ping-murder-of-8-year-old-bennettsville-girl/

Is SC so far ahead of Indiana with DNA results?
they may have the DNA results back. We don't know. We do know that a week ago they said they were still waiting on "forensic" testing results from the FBI's virginia lab which is one of the most "comprehensive" "state of the art", labs in the world. We don't know what evidence they are waiting for the results on, or where or when the evidence was collected from.

here is a little on that lab
.https://www.fbi.gov/services/laboratory

My reasons:

0) LE has not released enough information for potential tips to be made. The secrets LE are keeping are hindering their ability to identify the perpetrator(s) via public assistance.

1) Perpetrator(s) not from the area, more than 50 miles away
2) While BG looks like someone they know, the voice is totally different
3) While the voice sounds like someone they know, that person does not look like BG
4) No one who knows BG and/or the voice believes that person is capable of committing this crime
5) Not an RSO
6) No felony record
7) Perpetrator(s) understands investigative techniques, especially tracking of phones, vehicles that have OnStar (or the equivalent) regardless of whether subscribed or not or rental vehicles that are tracked by GPS, etc.

8) LE has not located the murder scene, thus they can't use that location information to learn more about the perpetrator(s)
9) LE does not have Libby's phone, thus they can't learn anything more than what they had the morning the girls were found.
10) LE has only in passing said it could be more than one involved, thus any witness that might have seen two or more people that were "out of place" hasn't tipped that because they are under the impression LE is looking for only one person - BG.

My main concern is that there were potentially very useful tips out there that have never been called in because the tipsters have not been given the information necessary by LE to make that tip and releasing any information later could very easily result in no tip being made because the person that could have made that tip has forgotten, now mis-remembers, or is no longer paying attention to this case. Some of them might have seen the witch hunts and that deters them.

LE has done themselves no favors by withholding the most basic pieces of information that in no way whatsoever would compromise their case. We don't have a timeline. We don't have a height of BG. We don't know where the girls were dropped off. Simple things. As I have said before LE doesn't need to keep hundreds of secrets to preserve the integrity of their case.

Another concern is that LE has been trying to bluff the perpetrator(s) into thinking LE knows more than they actually do. This has evidently not flushed out a suspect, if that is the case, and that would mean BG has absolutely no concern whatsoever that LE is going to be knocking on their door, let alone even speak with them or let alone ever arrest them.
I think he is very concerned right about now! Knock Knock!!

Hiya, just jumping in here, so forgive me if his was addressed. I'm just wondering why it matters if this guy did or didn't know a school schedule?
Sure it relates to the fact that the girls were there and not in school, but we don't know who this guy is or if he was particularly targeting a child.
Perhaps he was there with his plan, with no particular target and came across the girls and carried everything out.
Again, I don't know all the details, but from what I've quickly skimmed, I don't see any reason to think he was taking advantage of knowing school was out in order to specifically target young girls.

I think it's important when looked at with other important aspects to the case, namely where the crime occurred (obscure, unsafe railroad bridge way off the beaten path), time of year in relation to said location (February in Indiana is not generally a nice time for a nature walk), and his apparent preparedness (what we can glean from his jacket). I believe at least one of the girls was targeted, so it all plays into my theory. If you don't think that's the case, then you probably won't find any of what I said compelling.

ETA: School was out but it was a normal workday for most.

Welcome!

I can't answer for others. For me personally, I think he arrived at the bridge with a well thought out plan to kill. I don't believe it was a spur of the moment impulse. You could be right in that anyone could have ended up as his target. However, looking at the timing of the crime, it poses its own questions...

February...the middle of the afternoon on a week day. I wouldn't imagine the bridge, or park in general, would be all that populated on a Monday afternoon in February. However, it was unseasonably warm. Yet, it also just so happened to be a built in snow day for the school of the town he happened to "randomly" pick.

If it was random, that's one helluva a coincidence in my opinion. It makes more sense that it wasn't random, and that he knew. Sure, he could have been out there hoping to pick off a random person, but most adults work at that time and kids are at school. Again, this is only my opinions and reasonings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a most interesting post. Top Notch! I was a courtv.com activist!

If I may add one thing, it would be that one of our former members did help in Lacy's murder. She went to Lacy's home when Scott was locked up during his trial. She snapped photos of the bags of concrete Scott purchased. She later proved helpful in the Travis Alexander murder, became friends of his family, posted here frequently and was on Tricia's podcast. Her sister's killer is on death row. She also maintains a blog for living a healthier lifestyle. Meet Kathy Monkman...

DeDee, I wish I could figure out how to quote your whole post including the quotes you used also...Wow!!! All of that was intriguing as h***!!

February...the middle of the afternoon on a week day. I wouldn't imagine the bridge, or park in general, would be all that populated on a Monday afternoon in February. However, it was unseasonably warm. Yet, it also just so happened to be a built in snow day for the school of the town he happened to "randomly" pick.

If it was random, that's one helluva a coincidence in my opinion. It makes more sense that it wasn't random, and that he knew. Sure, he could have been out there hoping to pick off a random person, but most adults work at that time and kids are at school.

Jinx! :)

My view on the tips still being sorted thru is that some may point to one suspect more than others and may have specific information relative to that one suspect that checks out and helps to convict. LE would be negligent if they did not go thru these tips with a fine tooth comb. The murderer is in one (if not more) of those tips I believe. So it certainly is not a waste of time IMO. They may even have half a dozen possibles for all we know.

I never said combing through tips was purely a waste of time. My comment was directed to those who believe LE has identified a suspect and are "building a case".

Everything reported by the media indicates LE are still looking from the general public for strong leads. It'd be helpful if those who feel differently might share their source of knowledge.

Was RL gone for the day? The only thing proven to be true in his stories is the one he actually didn't give but came out later in court documents - trip to the dump late morning. AFAIK, that's the only verifiable account of his whereabouts that day. If LE verified his other alibis, they never released that publicly.

DeDee, I wish I could figure out how to quote your whole post including the quotes you used also...Wow!!! All of that was intriguing as h***!!
check the box to the right of reply with quote. once you check that then go to reply with quote it will do multiple quotes.

I never said combing through tips was purely a waste of time. My comment was directed to those who believe LE has identified a suspect and are "building a case".

Everything reported by the media indicates LE are still looking from the general public for strong leads. It'd be helpful if those who feel differently might share their source of knowledge.
it really has been quite some time since LE has come forward asking for tips without being asked. it seems like when we do hear about tips it is a canned line at the end of a article or news story. At the big news conference when they released the audio they said that was all they were releasing "at this time". They have more because they extracted the photo from the video taken by Libby. I can't even remember the last time LE played the clip of "down the hill".

Welcome!

I can't answer for others. For me personally, I think he arrived at the bridge with a well thought out plan to kill. I don't believe it was a spur of the moment impulse. You could be right in that anyone could have ended up as his target. However, looking at the timing of the crime, it poses its own questions...

If it was random, that's one helluva a coincidence in my opinion. It makes more sense that it wasn't random, and that he knew. Sure, he could have been out there hoping to pick off a random person, but most adults work at that time and kids are at school. Again, this is only my opinions and reasonings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think one of the two girls were intentionally targeted and was being stalked. By all accounts the trail just seems like a very unusual location to randomly pick with the intent of murdering one or two children and no one else in sight. He took a very great risk of one of the two calling 911, LE arriving from nearby Delphi. Meanwhile the perp would have to flee through the forest to attempt to get to his parked vehicle just as LE arrived. I realize it didn't turn out that way but if the threat had been a totally random menacing type person, I wonder why it didn't.

As I was putting my children on the bus today, I thought to myself "who would know that school was out?" Then I thought~~Bus Driver~~

I don't recall reading anyone mentioning school bus drivers from the area. Has that been mentioned and I just missed it?

AFAIK it had been mentioned (maybe even by myself).

If BG had a girlfriend who attended high school in Delphi he would have probably known that there was no school that Monday in February. MOO
Eternal rest grant unto Abby and Libby.❤

Just only IMO, I can't see him as young enough to have a teenage girlfriend, but your thoughts on that caused me to think some more about who else would know there was no school that day.. For some reason the idea of someone knowing the teachers at some level, or janitors, principals, anyone at school and telling people they were looking forward to a day off. enough to just hear that there'd be no school.. people who had been in company with school bus drivers, ect. ect. Just a bunch of new ideas that you reminded me to think about more and of where to sleuth that I really hadn't thought about much. That + some knowledge of BG about the trails = more ideas for me. Thanks!

it really has been quite some time since LE has come forward asking for tips. it seems like when we do hear about tips it is a canned line at the end of a article or news story. At the big news conference when they released the audio they said that was all they were releasing "at this time". They have more because they extracted the photo from the video taken by Libby. I can't even remember the last time LE played the clip of "down the hill".

f033ee92de5f841b140356193a7c4fd9.png

I knew it was ridiculous to ask, but I couldn't help myself.

it really has been quite some time since LE has come forward asking for tips. it seems like when we do hear about tips it is a canned line at the end of a article or news story. At the big news conference when they released the audio they said that was all they were releasing "at this time". They have more because they extracted the photo from the video taken by Libby. I can't even remember the last time LE played the clip of "down the hill".

Family members from both sides spoke with the media within the past week week, specifically asking for tips. I'm 99.9% positive LE is directly knowledgable of their media appearances as the emotional plea from family is far more effective.

He took a very great risk of one of the two calling 911, LE arriving from nearby Delphi. Meanwhile the perp would have to flee through the forest to attempt to get to his parked vehicle just as LE arrived.

This really gave me pause to reflect. Seems so obvious, yet I never thought of it quite that way...how it happened so that she (they) couldn't have dialed 911...or screamed...or ran. What a risk indeed. Why Why Why??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay