IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it wasn't a fake badge?

Nothing is out of the question until proved one way or the other. Highly unlikely, but not impossible.

I read a comment that said it was technically illegal to be on the bridge, although people did it all the time. I tried to confirm this, but could not find any hard information that said the bridge was off limits. If this was true in any way then it could be the scenario that he used with a badge.

Nothing is out of the question until proved one way or the other. Highly unlikely, but not impossible.

I read a comment that said it was technically illegal to be on the bridge, although people did it all the time. I tried to confirm this, but could not find any hard information that said the bridge was off limits. If this was true in any way then it could be the scenario that he used with a badge.

If it's illegal to be on the bridge is sure is strange the City of Delphi includes a map of the trails and the bridge is included.

The trail ends​ at the bridge. bbm

Monon High Bridge Trail – 1.5 mileBetween City Park on East Main Street and High Bridge,this trail traces along part of the abandoned Monon Railroadline. At the top of the slope, where Old Camden Road meetsthe railroad, is the Centennial Stone, dedicated to GeneralSamuel Milroy, who platted Delphi in 1828. A mile beyondthe highway overpass is High Bridge, Indiana’s second highestrailroad trestle.

I don't think this guy used a fake badge to lure them , Libby was way to intelligent for that hence why she took a photo.

Also he doesn't exactly scream professional worker who you would trust if he came up to you.

IMO

You all remember the Scott Peterson case, right? Well, when that story broke I was a frequent member and contributor to an AOL true crime group. (Ha ha, that was a really long time ago...) Someone got on there one night and "theorized" about what might have happened to Lacy. They talked about the hypothetical argument about his mistress that might have happened, talked about how and where he struck Lacy, how she died, how he cleaned up her blood and wrapped her up. How he put her in his trunk and drove out to the water. I mean, this guys theory was totally detailed.

And, as it turns out, totally accurate. He posted all of those things the night she was reported missing-long before we knew anything about Amber Frey, where Scott had been fishing, etc.The guy never posted again and his profile went inactive.

It was THAT case that got me interested in true crime communities and people's theories in general. Although none of us did anything to help solve that crime, we really enjoyed each other's company and learned a lot about police procedural.

There is still a part of me that thinks that might have been Scott posting. It makes me wonder how often BG revisits HIS crime-either by going back to the trail or by hanging out with "us." Of course, maybe he doesn't at all. But you never know!

I found a similar post here right before the big PC. One time post.

criminal activity began the moment he lead them against their will. we do not know how quickly the murders happened after that.
Yes criminal activity began quickly following the recording. What we don't know is if they initially went voluntarily or were forced or where and when they were killed and left at the crime scene.

The City of Delphi's map of the trail...

unless there are signs up stating its illegal it sure looks like you can walk the bridge if looking at the trail map. Am I missing something?

trails_lg.jpg

Thanks for this clarification. I always thought it was odd that a bridge with no railings would be open to the public. Just screams liability to me

The poster of BG gave a time of 2:30 when he was last seen. What time was it when the woman that saw a couple and a lone hiker was on the bridge? Between 3:00 and 3:30? Does this mean the abduction and murders occurred between 2:30 and 3:30? Was the family also looking for the girls around 3:30 ish? Can we surmise the abduction and murders occurred between 2;30 and 3;30 ish? If things transpired in an hour that was pretty fast. From beginning to end within an hour. Your thoughts?

Understanding that stranger things have happened, it's nearly impossible for me to get my head around that as a motive and for such a heinous crime to be committed by someone who is raising children himself.

Boy Ive thought the same thing here many times when perps with kids of their own have been arrested, for example, Gabby Doolan's killer. It happens... Likely those kids have been abused themselves.

Tthe current team is comprised of various different members including FBI, state, county, local along with other agencies. Altogether their scope is significantly broad so I can't see that happening.

It would be possible if he was someone like a public person, I think.

f033ee92de5f841b140356193a7c4fd9.png

I knew it was ridiculous to ask, but I couldn't help myself.

RBBM

No, it isn't ridiculous. Thank you for doing that.

i don't believe LE has ever said the speed of events

I recall a quote (I'll see if I can go back and locate it) that LE said that after the "Down the hill" recording, that things happened quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's my understanding the bridge is private property owned by CSX and the land either side is also private property owned by Mears LLC. Neither is officially part of the trail system as I understand it but appears regularly used and walked. JMO

It's my understanding the bridge is private property owned by CSX and the land either side is also private property owned by Mears LLC. Neither is officially part of the trail system as I understand it but appears regularly used and walked. JMO

You are correct...CSX owns and is transferring it to Deer Creek Township for $1.00. The plan it to make the bridge walkable.

http://www.wlfi.com/story/35133032/proposed-improvements-to-delphis-monon-high-bridge

ETA - Looks like transfer will be to Indiana Landmarks first then to Deer Creek Township after repairs.

Thanks, good information. That's consistent with what other people were saying, just in better detail.

As I was putting my children on the bus today, I thought to myself "who would know that school was out?" Then I thought~~Bus Driver~~

I don't recall reading anyone mentioning school bus drivers from the area. Has that been mentioned and I just missed it?
I know I had included it in my list of people who'd know there was no school that day, and I think I've seen a couple other people mention it too. GMTA MOO

Hiya, just jumping in here, so forgive me if his was addressed. I'm just wondering why it matters if this guy did or didn't know a school schedule?
Sure it relates to the fact that the girls were there and not in school, but we don't know who this guy is or if he was particularly targeting a child.
Perhaps he was there with his plan, with no particular target and came across the girls and carried everything out.
Again, I don't know all the details, but from what I've quickly skimmed, I don't see any reason to think he was taking advantage of knowing school was out in order to specifically target young girls.

I'm also not so sure he was there because he knew there was no school so much as because of the unseasonably warm weather. Something I've wondered several times is if the girls hadn't gone there that day, would the woman who crossed the bridge shortly after them have been the victim instead? I just can't decide how random/planned this was; did he go there looking for a young girl (or two) enjoying a day off school, or did he go there looking for a female enjoying the nice weather? MOO

I recall a quote (I'll see if I can go back and locate it) that LE said that after the "Down the hill" recording, that things happened quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members