IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if the only photos available (the ones released) are because she was holding her phone, but trying to be discreet so he/they wouldn't realize she was recording.

Based on the background noise in the audio file, I think she must have hid the phone in her pocket on under her jacket. On my iPhone, everything I record on my camera is automatically uploaded to my iCloud. LE having the recording from Libby's phone does not necessarily mean they have the actual phone.

My bet is that the Dirt Bag who did this was so dumb he thought taking her phone would stop LE from ever seeing what she was able to record of him. Libby's Grandfather said the phone was pinging around town after they were reported missing, IMO, this backs up the theory that the killer took the phone with him after the crime.

Hello. I just officially joined after following this story since the beginning. My son and I have both listened, and we both agree that it sounds like a youngish voice. Maybe 20s?
Of course, this is my opinion only.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PLEASE

If you have the slightest idea, who this individual could be, DO NOT APPROACH HIM ON YOUR OWN! CALL HIM IN!!
This is a very vicious individual. -Nin

Hello. I just officially joined after following this story since the beginning. My son and I have both listened, and we both agree that it sounds like a youngish voice. Maybe 20s?

I think he just sounded nasally and has a more high pitched voice than usual... The way he's dressed doesn't look anything like a 20 something year old, imo.

Saw the press. My gosh. Guys. This is real. We all know that. But watching felt important for me. So easy to be invested and compassionate but view victims and players in crimes in 2d. A sort of a version of an archetype. Watching the presser and the video of the bridge truly enriched my sense of the individuals, Liberty and Abby. It also brought home just how much work and dedication this has and will continue to take. I was very moved and very distraught. This crime would have so little to go on without the videos that Liberty took. This girl, who could have been any of us but wasn't. They mentioned they do not believe this has done this before (at least they can not attach him to anything currently). They also said it's possible but unlikely he found them through social media- the other option, he somehow knew they would be there... I want this man and all involved found! They must be! These families and this community deserve what is hardly closure- an arrest and trial. But even with that, no amount of answers, no amount of justice can ever bring closure to the hearts of those who can't bring their children back and see them develop into the future individuals they were born to be.

Do you think they were marched down the hill then attacked and killed soon after?

You can tell this tragedy is really affecting the police officers I have a great deal of respect for them.

I unknowingly once took about 120 pictures of my target cart while shopping and when I was in the store got an alert that my cloud was full. I was like WTF, opened it and was surprised that they had loaded automatically, and so fast. Settings can be changed, but most auto upload as default. Jmo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Timeline credited to CBS4Indy.com:
<snip for space>
Here’s a timeline of the case as it has developed so far:
Monday, Feb. 13, 2017
1 p.m. A family member drops off the girls at a trail near Monon High Bridge, an abandoned railroad bridge over Deer Creek.
5:30 p.m. The girls fail to show up at a predetermined location to be picked up by a family member. They’re reported missing.
Monday night: A large search effort involving volunteers and multiple law enforcement agencies gets underway. They scour the area in an attempt to find Liberty and Abigail. The search is called off due to darkness.
12 a.m. Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says in a news release that there is no reason to suspect foul play or to believe the girls are in immediate danger. The biggest concern is exposure to the elements.
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017
Tuesday morning: The search resumes in the morning with teams of volunteers and police officers. The effort also includes K-9 units and dive teams.
Noon: Searchers find two bodies about a half-mile away from the bridge.
2 p.m. During a news conference, authorities announce the discovery of the bodies but give no indication of their identities. They say for the first time that “foul play” is suspected in connection with the case.
4 p.m. Delphi Community Schools Superintendent Gregory Briles releases a statement saying that the bodies found in the afternoon are those of two “missing Delphi Community Middle School students” despite no confirmation from police.
Briles says grief counselors will be made available to students and staff. Briles later says school security will be stepped up. All after school activities at Delphi Community Middle School are canceled for the remainder of the week.
7 p.m. The Delphi United Methodist Church opens for a vigil.
Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017
8 a.m. Autopsies are conducted in Terre Haute on the bodies discovered during Tuesday’s search. Local authorities convene a meeting after the autopsies are complete.
10 a.m. Sgt. Kim Riley with Indiana State Police provides a brief update on the investigation. He says the autopsies are complete but declines to confirm the identities or discuss a suspect or person of interest in the case. He says police have received “hundreds of tips” from the community.
Riley advises parents to keep a close eye on their children and monitor their whereabouts.
3 p.m. Indiana State Police and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department hold a news conference confirming that the bodies found Tuesday are those of Liberty and Abigail. They say the case is being investigated as a double homicide.
They say they don’t believe there’s any immediate danger to the community.
7 p.m. Indiana State Police release a photo of a man reportedly walking on the trail around the time of the girls’ disappearance. Police say they want to talk to the individual but stop short of calling him a suspect.
Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017
6 p.m. Police set up a tip line for anyone with information in the case to call: 844-459-5786. They say they’ve had upwards of 250 tips so far.
6:45 p.m. Funeral arrangements set for 14-year-old Liberty “Libby” German.
7:45 p.m. Indiana State Police serve a search warrant in connection with the case at a home in Delphi. No arrests were made.
Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017
4 p.m. A public visitation for the girls is held at Delphi Community High School.
Sunday, Feb. 19, 2017
12:30 p.m. Indiana State Police say the man photographed walking along trail around the time the girls disappearance & suspect in their deaths.
Link to get entire article
http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/16/timeline-disappearance-and-deaths-of-delphi-teenagers-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams
Can someone point me to a good summary/timeline of this case? TIA

I am just now hearing this my sister texted me. I want to scream and cry.

Can someone tell me WHY Libby did not call 911?? OMG...
Fear. Brain freeze. I can't fault her.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My guess is he's in his 30s. Not late 40s or 50s imo

I actually was surprised that the voice (to me) sounded very casual... 'down the hill' like saying we live down the hill... it wasn't forceful. So glad that Libby had the presence of mind to record this!!

I disagree, he sounds older to me, 30 to 40 ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe she tried... we don't know, anyone local know if there is cell service out there?

IMO it appears he was on them so fast, that when the audio was recorded with her phone, she had it hidden on her person. I am sure if the killer had actually seen the phone, she would not have been able to record the things she did. Libby is a hero and her smart thinking and presence of mind to turn on the record is what is going to solve this crime.

I heard no "accent" also in the background, does that sound like water or leaves?

Sounds like shuffling against the phone to me. Maybe in a pocket or something. I don't interpret the sounds to be water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member