IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi- IMO, I'm skeptical of a gun. See the pics I posted tonight on the image thread that demonstrate a 9mm gun in the outside pocket of various jacket styles as compared to the BG pic. They are very very different. We couldn't find a scenario where the gun would lay in the pocket backwards....much less take it out of the pocket backwards without it tangling up in the pocket. I've worked on a theory of a concealed weapon jacket but can't find a great match.

I haven't been able to make sense of the gun angle, either, although in looking at the pics, other than the clear blue jeans and blue jacket, the shape of a gun on the suspect's right hand side is hard to unsee. It is all so strange, and it could be a juxtaposition of shadows on a low quality image. We just don't know.

Hi Jabarn- Occam's razor.....it might be the simplest scenario. He might have something to hide of a criminal nature. See Websight's great experiment on the image thread that can really solidify this theory for you....it did me. That experiment indicates that with the zoom on Libby's phone, the BG may have been 60-70 ft away. He wasn't seeing anything going on with these girls that far away. As he got closer he see's she is filming everything in the area. My speculation....

Def something was going on in these images. I need to think about this.

Hi- IMO, I'm skeptical of a gun. See the pics I posted tonight on the image thread that demonstrate a 9mm gun in the outside pocket of various jacket styles as compared to the BG pic. They are very very different. We couldn't find a scenario where the gun would lay in the pocket backwards....much less take it out of the pocket backwards without it tangling up in the pocket. I've worked on a theory of a concealed weapon jacket but can't find a great match.

Maybe a holster? But I am clueless about this. People don't carry guns in my country.

Hi Jabarn- Occam's razor.....it might be the simplest scenario. He might have something to hide of a criminal nature. See Websight's great experiment on the image thread that can really solidify this theory for you....it did me. That experiment indicates that with the zoom on Libby's phone, the BG may have been 60-70 ft away. He wasn't seeing anything going on with these girls that far away. As he got closer he see's she is filming everything in the area. My speculation....

BBM
Another thought: He was headed straight for the girls and whether or not filming was going on didn't matter to him. Or she could have put the phone in her pocket when he was still at a distance and he never saw she was filming.

small towner here. When my son died, after the coroner examined his body and interviewed everyone they sent the body to the capital for the state ME, which is what they do here if a crime has been committed or the case is complicated.
Sending many hugs to you

I think that the killer must be local, within 10 -15 miles, close enough to be very familiar with the area, terrain, roads, etc.

What about someone who knows the older sister who dropped them off? Possibly she was talking on her phone, or to a friend, and someone overheard her saying, "I've got to run home and pick up Libby and Abby because I promised to drop them off so they could hike the bridge."

i keep thinking about other cases of murder or kidnap where the perp turns out to be a family acquaintance, or friend-of-a-friend, or neighbor, or former boyfriend of an older sister, or someone else who was familiar with the family and the family habits and activities.

If I were LE I would be checking out any former boyfriends or friends of older siblings, the newspaper deliver guy, neighborhood handyman, etc.

When I lived in another state a criminal turned out to be a substitute newspaper delivery guy. He subbed for the regular delivery guy who was on a three week vacation. The sub pulled up to over 200 houses to deliver the daily newspaper and he observed who was home at that time of day, saw kids getting off school buses, etc.

I know I am rambling on here but just wanted to put down some of my thoughts.

Maybe a holster? But I am clueless about this. People don't carry guns in my country.

People do carry guns here, my problem is the gun handle in the pictures that people point as a gun, looks parallel to the ground. That to me seems an odd angle to grab a gun. All the holsters I've seen have the handle tilted up for easy reach across and grab.

Note: I'm not a gun holster carrier:) So I totally could be wrong.

So many people here have had great ideas. Something is making me think that this suspect must be very comfortable with the outdoors. My husband cannot stand the gnats in the woods, won't go in the lake because of leeches! IMO, suspect must spend time in the woods, preying around. Used to mosquitoes, perhaps happy being alone (maybe), in the woods. IMO, his eyes would stand out because he might be always on alert, searching up, down, around, even while in a conversation. Did anyone ask about Indiana law for conceal carry? I know my state, not allowed without special permit. Thank you for keeping cases active.

Any news from the case? I was under treatment and i could not enter for a time, Thanks.

BBM
Another thought: He was headed straight for the girls and whether or not filming was going on didn't matter to him. Or she could have put the phone in her pocket when he was still at a distance and he never saw she was filming.
Agreed. If BG saw Libby was filming him, whether or not he was upset about it, why would he leave the scene of the crime without taking her phone? I don't think he realized he was being filmed. MOO

Agreed. If BG saw Libby was filming him, whether or not he was upset about it, why would he leave the scene of the crime without taking her phone? I don't think he realized he was being filmed. MOO

But we don't know that he didn't take her phone. Fact has never been established. People have opinons, but LE has never flat out said we have the phone. :(

But we don't know that he didn't take her phone. Fact has never been established. People have opinons, but LE has never flat out said we have the phone. :(
That's right. Thank you for reminding me. I forgot about the discussion that her pics could've been stored in the cloud. I'm rather behind on technology, so I tend to forget about the cloud (not that I fully understand it).

IMO, the killer was waiting for anyone then the girls appeared and he killed they.

That's right. Thank you for reminding me. I forgot about the discussion that her pics could've been stored in the cloud. I'm rather behind on technology, so I tend to forget about the cloud (not that I fully understand it).

Right there with ya!

I personally don't think RL is BG but what about a friend, an acquaintance, extended family member, someone he allowed to sleep in the barn, stay at his house, etc? A old friend who happened to know that RL was not at home that day?

And maybe RL doesn't want to give up information about someone he either knows or suspects was involved in the crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho