IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the feedback. I have some white plastic chairs in my backyard. Occasionally, I have noticed sunshine glinting off of them.Shiny plastic can definitely reflect sunshine.Wouldn't hurt to try experiment with white tiewraps. Thanks.
Hi tomvansac- Good idea....they definitely make the design that we see. But the experts over on the image board show a reflection coming from a small part of the white loop. The one's I see online appear to be 100% plastic so they probably don't reflect light. Any ideas of a different kind?

IMO - this was a targeted murder

ITA. I think they were his target. He could be local or within the vicinity. I'm not against a serial killer angle. However, I feel it's local and he had the girls specifically in mind.

The photos of BG could be anyone and it's possible and probable that's why he hasn't been identified. Sadly, the picture doesn't tell us too much.

It also would explain why she felt uncomfortable with him to start filming him even though he was still at some distance.
**shivers**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly! My opinion is they saw or encountered him elsewhere and then were nervous finding him behind him on the bridge. I 100% believe this was nothing but two poor girls encountering the devil in the woods.

IMO, it doesn't get tossed out enough. While the evidence seemed heavy after the press conference, and someone would turn this guy in, over time, the investigation seems to have stalled. I know in the early days there was some talk of an official FBI profile of the suspect. Why hasn't it been released?

Btw, agree the serial killer angle should be examined thoroughly, along with men known peripherally to the girls.

LE all over the country seems to not want to say there is a SK in their area or has committed at least one crime in their area. I have noticed they usually don't announce that unless it becomes obvious to everyone. I understand they don't want to frighten people but really I think that is something people need to know. As I recall years ago LE seemed more willing to share with people- the Zodiac and others were announced before people suspected.

I do think this is the work of a SK and I think it is related to the girls in IA, but that is just my feelings.

Apologies if I posted this before. I started and stopped writing it a few times and can't remember if I ever finished and posted. I did a quick filtered search through my posts and couldn't see it, so I'm going to post it here now.

A couple of months ago, I was talking to a friend who attended a big local sporting event with her husband and son, her daughter, and her daughter's friend.

At the event, the daughter and her friend were in a shop at the arena holding jerseys up to each other and taking pictures. A guy approached the daughter, interested in her. The daughter didn't give him any information, and he eventually left.

After the event, the daughter posted her and her friend's pictures online with a hashtag related to the sporting event that they had attended.

Using the hashtag, the guy found the daughter's picture and traced her to her Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram pages. And then he reached out to her. Because of what she posted in these spaces, he now knows​ her name and age, where she goes to school, her school activities, friends, where she works, etc.

That story sent a shiver through me and made me wonder whether someone may have hunted A &/or L in a similar way.

When we've theorized here about social media, I think we've mostly guessed about a catfishing situation. But what if it was something similar to what happened to my friend's daughter. I wonder about how much someone might have been able to piece together about them given whatever they posted even innocently. If they were at some event or outing, one that might not even have been local, and caught BG's eye, then he could probably have traced them using SM content and possibly hashtags​.

The above is just my opinion.

All I can say is wow!

The area where the girls were sadly found = I feel as if (moo) BG had that area intended as his murder spot. (Or if he removed one of them and then later returned.) Either there or near the cemetery. In the vicinity. He planned (premeditated) where he'd take them after the bridge. I do feel as if there was planning involved and that area near the creek was the intended spot.

I'd be curious to know if anything was kept in that area before he set off for the bridge.

IMO - If this was a SK, why was he so confident to walk across that bridge? That bridge was so much in dis-repair. He had to have known that bridge.

There are a lot of people that things like that just don't bother. I have a fear of heights and wouldn't go on that bridge if it was brand new and had sides and was in my back yard. I have seen people just go right across a bridge or dam, even in bad repair- or climb a huge rock without a thought the first time they see it. Some people are just fearless so that is also a possibility.

Hi tomvansac- Good idea....they definitely make the design that we see. But the experts over on the image board show a reflection coming from a small part of the white loop. The one's I see online appear to be 100% plastic so they probably don't reflect light. Any ideas of a different kind?

I was recently watching a Forensic Files episode and the killer used plastic police style zip ties that police use for cuffs and this particular type had a small metal tab that was used for the part that ratcheted them closed in only one direction.

They went on to say that most zip ties have all plastic parts but the police zip tie had this special metal tab part that helped keep people from breaking the zip tie when cuffed. It was a small metal tab and would make the noise you hear when you close a zip tie. The metal tab fit into the little grooves on the zip tie. They said that only the police style used metal tabs like that.

I dont know if the small metal tab was in a spot that could reflect light or not. Because this particular case they had already removed the small metal tab from the zip tie and were showing it on the screen.

It was real small. Maybe 1/4 inch long and 1/8 inch wide and in shape of a small rectangle piece of metal.

I can mention this over on that thread if it may help.

I agree, I think it was a Ted Bundy type murderer and would have attacked anyone that came along that fit his plan. I do not think there is any connection between the murderer and the girls or their families, I think any such connection would have been connected by LE by now. The random type SKs are the hardest to catch, unless they make a mistake. I think LE has evidence, but it connects to another crime, not to a person.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward this guy being a transient (not necessarily homeless but someone who moves around a lot) from Ohio or a neighboring state so that's made it difficult to I.D. him. If the killer were known to the victims or was from the area he would have surely been smoked out by now. Poking around some of the articles I see there's a reward of nearly $250,000 for this guy so one would think that would prompt someone to turn in a tip - it's just so bizarre they have an image of a suspect and nobody has come forward yet.

I can't think of any other case in the past few years where the authorities have a picture and are unable to I.D. them.

This has been on my mind for a long time, but I have trouble asking the question, because it is so cruel. If they were tied up and gagged was the weather cold enough for them to have died of hypothermia?

Apologies if I posted this before. I started and stopped writing it a few times and can't remember if I ever finished and posted. I did a quick filtered search through my posts and couldn't see it, so I'm going to post it here now.

A couple of months ago, I was talking to a friend who attended a big local sporting event with her husband and son, her daughter, and her daughter's friend.

At the event, the daughter and her friend were in a shop at the arena holding jerseys up to each other and taking pictures. A guy approached the daughter, interested in her. The daughter didn't give him any information, and he eventually left.

After the event, the daughter posted her and her friend's pictures online with a hashtag related to the sporting event that they had attended.

Using the hashtag, the guy found the daughter's picture and traced her to her Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram pages. And then he reached out to her. Because of what she posted in these spaces, he now knows​ her name and age, where she goes to school, her school activities, friends, where she works, etc.

That story sent a shiver through me and made me wonder whether someone may have hunted A &/or L in a similar way.

When we've theorized here about social media, I think we've mostly guessed about a catfishing situation. But what if it was something similar to what happened to my friend's daughter. I wonder about how much someone might have been able to piece together about them given whatever they posted even innocently. If they were at some event or outing, one that might not even have been local, and caught BG's eye, then he could probably have traced them using SM content and possibly hashtags​.

The above is just my opinion.

How frightening.

I'm always in two different minds about SM. I definitely see the value--staying in touch with friends via FB, SC, etc.--but stories like this spook me.

This is one reason why I believe it was a local resident, former resident, family member of a local resident, friend or acquaintance of a resident, handyman or someone who has done work for a local resident, or someone who has frequently walked, cycled, or driven though town.

And in my opinion I believe he saw the girls somewhere and they caught his eye. Then he followed them or stalked them.

I agree. Apparently there are local people that aren't familiar with the bridge so it's hard to imagine an outsider being so familiar that he'll cross it with his hands in his pockets. Some people have reported that the bridge looks very unsafe. I can imagine someone crossing it in the manner BG did if he's walked it before or if he had a job that regularly dealt with heights.

I'm currently leaning toward the opinion of BG being a local, and that LE knows more than what they are letting on. I think they know their man, but that they don't have enough to charge him yet.

On the other hand, I definitely can't rule out the possibility of this being someone who is a SK from out of town. Maybe this is what he does...stalks potential victims in rural park like areas. Other than the case of the girls from Utah, are there any other similar murders that are similar to this one?

I agree. Apparently there are local people that aren't familiar with the bridge so it's hard to imagine an outsider being so familiar that he'll cross it with his hands in his pockets. Some people have reported that the bridge looks very unsafe. I can imagine someone crossing it in the manner BG did if he's walked it before or if he had a job that regularly dealt with heights.

I'm currently leaning toward the opinion of BG being a local, and that LE knows more than what they are letting on. I think they know their man, but that they don't have enough to charge him yet.

On the other hand, I definitely can't rule out the possibility of this being someone who is a SK from out of town. Maybe this is what he does...stalks potential victims in rural park like areas. Other than the case of the girls from Utah, are there any other similar murders that are similar to this one?

Re BBM

I totally agree about that part.

Even if he knew the bridge well I think he had worked in an industry before that got him experience with walking and balancing when high up on something. He looks very comfortable on that bridge with hands in pockets and so he has done similar walking on things with height to them and did that before somehow. I suspect with his job or previous job.

One thing that has bothered me in this case is I cant match the voice we hear on the tape to that picture of BG. I just have a hard time thinking he would talk like what we hear. I guess I am thinking I am hearing an older man's voice as compared to the picture of BG.

Not sure if others feel this way or not. It may not mean much since some people do have voices that dont match their appearance so its probably not something that can help in any way. It has been the one thing that had me thinking there were 2 people involved though because I have such a hard time matching the voice to the picture.

This has been on my mind for a long time, but I have trouble asking the question, because it is so cruel. If they were tied up and gagged was the weather cold enough for them to have died of hypothermia?

JMO
I think so but not totally sure. But I am guessing if they got wet crossing the creek and lets say the perp removed all their clothes and tied them up to trees where they had to sit on the cold ground with no shelter then I am thinking they could die of exposure if they were not near each other to keep themselves warm. Or if 1 was killed and the other was tied near her then she had nobody else to keep her warm. Especially if hair on head had gotten wet too.

One thing that has bothered me in this case is I cant match the voice we hear on the tape to that picture of BG. I just have a hard time thinking he would talk like what we hear. I guess I am thinking I am hearing an older man's voice as compared to the picture of BG.

Not sure if others feel this way or not. It may not mean much since some people do have voices that dont match their appearance so its probably not something that can help in any way. It has been the one thing that had me thinking there were 2 people involved though because I have such a hard time matching the voice to the picture.

I think that his voice matches his image. It is kind of gruff and has some authority over young girls. His voice may not be as authoritive when he is not speaking to young girls.

JMO
I think so but not totally sure. But I am guessing if they got wet crossing the creek and lets say the perp removed all their clothes and tied them up to trees where they had to sit on the cold ground with no shelter then I am thinking they could die of exposure if they were not near each other to keep themselves warm. Or if 1 was killed and the other was tied near her then she had nobody else to keep her warm. Especially if hair on head had gotten wet too.

All of that is what I did not want to say, out of respect, but I agree, But is is really hard to think about.

I think that his voice matches his image. It is kind of gruff and has some authority over young girls. His voice may not be as authoritive when he is not speaking to young girls.

Thanks. It helps to know others opinion on that as i was really wondering about it.

JMO

Possible, but I don't think it's likely to have happened that way.

They almost certainly saw the perp's face, meaning they could identify him if they were left alive. Leaving them alive where there was a chance for them to be found soon enough would have been a *HUGE* risk, from the perp's point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay