IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried an experiment today. I met two men that I've never seen before. I purposefully held a conversation and mentally tried to remember every detail I could. Guess what? I know they had on ball caps, both were heavy weight, one had on shorts, can't remember what the other had on. I can't remember what color clothing either had, shoes, and even though I looked in their eyes while talking, I don't know their eye color.
So, then started thinking, how good is my memory from months ago. Mom died Easter Sunday. Very `traumatic time. I've tried to remember her doctors, or any of the nurses. I have faint memories of some of them, like there was a woman doctor, numerous males, yet, even the last doc, I can't remember his name, nor what he looks like.

Sooo, I'm wondering how people are able to remember such details. I thought maybe at first that stress may make you remember more. I really hated Mom's last doc, the one who IMO killed her. So I thought I remembered everything about that dufus.....but....blank now!

If someone showed me lots of different noses to pick from, lots of face shapes, etc...I'm sure my mind would just explode. Kudos to anyone that can remember all these details!!!!

While reading through today's posts, another thought popped. What if the cap was dropped during the killing of the girls. What if police that? That would give DNA, right? Maybe even some hairs in it. Yet having that cap wouldn't identify an unknown person by itself. I was thinking of a crime show that use to say in every crime scene, the perp brings something in, and takes something out. Wonder what this perp left there?? Wonder what he took out??

I'm hoping all those tips aren't going to confuse the investigation....I know there's been cases that the perp's name was given early in the investigation, but was lost or somehow disregarded. Many years later when the case is being looked at again, tips followed up on, etc, new eyes found the tip that solved the case!

Maybe it was in front of the witnesses home? Or place of business.

If they know the person, but not his name, than it's a homeless guy (maybe).
Wish we knew if the witness thought he looked homeless. Btw, do homeless guys shave? It's cold in IN so from a homeless shelter?
Maybe his nose was red from being outside a long time.
Just call me the Random Queen...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know some homeless people. They told me that they go to McDonald's to shave. Also church groups pass out care packages with razors, toothbrushes, sanitizer, socks, snacks, etc.

So long can he go without killing again if he hasn't already?

I know some homeless people. They told me that they go to McDonald's to shave. Also church groups pass out care packages with razors, toothbrushes, sanitizer, socks, snacks, etc.

I volunteer at a soup kitchen up the road in Fort Wayne. Not one needy person I've seen there, in 5 months of volunteering there, fits in with my theory of who BG is, in real life. We serve thousands of meals, every week. I don't picture murderers of juvenile girls hanging out in soup kitchens, sorry.

So when was the last time a drifter/homeless person/etc. perpetrated such a heinous crime, in a public area (albeit on private/RL's property, ultimately), in broad daylight, during a day when the local school district was burning a "snow day", because of a mild winter? A crime which began on a privately-owned, abandoned bridge which people were not supposed to be walking on, to begin with? A bridge that a lot of locals didn't know was there, even, until the crimes happened?

Too many variables, for me to believe this was a drifter/homeless person, and I believe this also because LE have not stated anything more about a possible profile of the perp.

Not trying to bash anyone, here, and yes I understand we must keep our minds open. I just think this perp had the crimes planned out in advance, "premeditated".

JMO

After studying the sketch, as much as possible, since its release, coupled with a few online resources, I've determined, there should be movement soon. Over 1000 tips!

There has been much ado about hats, as well, it should be. BG wore a hat with ear flaps to hide something because it was not that cold on Feb 13, until nightfall, that is. That hat with flaps was planned.

Something is missing from the facial composite. I expected BG to resemble an ogre or, in the least, have a teardrop tattoo, or two, near his eye or a notable scar with stitches.

I don't think that BG or that sketch looks like a homeless man. He looks like many middle aged men that I am acquainted with. A common kind of face.

I don't think that BG or that sketch looks like a homeless man. He looks like many middle aged men that I am acquainted with. A common kind of face.

I thought transient as soon as I saw the sketch. I've thought transient for awhile because of how long it's been for an ID. With video, audio and now a sketch I just don't think he is local. All moo of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a past crime victim, I was shown book after book of pictures of men matching the general description of the man who committed not only the crime I was a victim of but the other people he actually killed. I was so scared he would come back for me and finish what he wanted to do (kill). The police stopped showing pictures and to my knowledge never got the guy unless he committed another crime that I am unaware of as I finally left the area and do not know what happened. Right after the crime happened to me, he tried coming by outside the window of my place of work (the crime scene) at least 3 more times looking for me. I was never alone again since the crime. I had several of people I knew stay with me while I worked as volunteer bodyguards. At the time I was the only good eye witness to see him up close. I would be very afraid if I were the witness. To this day I know the man's eyes and his facial expression. I still have nightmares of him. The fear is real and can take a toll on the witnesses and victims. The person who helped with the sketch is a very brave person.

I agree. If it was a minor, the police would have certainly been called immediately. I cannot see a young person holding all that in.

As a mother of former teens, I can say definitively that yes, they certainly might. Especially if they were someplace they weren't supposed to be, with someone they weren't supposed to be with, doing something they weren't supposed to be doing. They're sure they're going to be in all kinds of trouble, and it can be quite some time before the truth comes out. And the something can be pretty minor. If, for instance, and not suggesting any person fits this description, a girl used the excuse of walking to the convenience store to get a soda to duck into the park to meet a boy her parents don't want her to date, you could apply water torture and she wouldn't admit it. It would be a struggle for hypothetical girl to realize she had to go to the police with what she knew. The same was true of my boys.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

What I am hoping for is our members will come to their senses and realize this is not the way to go.

Don't worry. I won't let it become a free for all.
Has JDD been cleared by LE then? That sure would make further discussion pointless and help to focus elsewhere.

I tried an experiment today. <snipped>

Sooo, I'm wondering how people are able to remember such details. I thought maybe at first that stress may make you remember more. I really hated Mom's last doc, the one who IMO killed her. So I thought I remembered everything about that dufus.....but....blank now!

If someone showed me lots of different noses to pick from, lots of face shapes, etc...I'm sure my mind would just explode. Kudos to anyone that can remember all these details!!!!

As a past crime victim, I was shown book after book of pictures of men matching the general description of the man who committed not only the crime I was a victim of but the other people he actually killed. I was so scared he would come back for me and finish what he wanted to do (kill). <snipped> To this day I know the man's eyes and his facial expression. I still have nightmares of him. The fear is real and can take a toll on the witnesses and victims. The person who helped with the sketch is a very brave person.

Try this test to see if you are a super-recogniser, gets tougher as you go on (I failed miserably!)

Super-recognisers have an above average ability to recognise faces. Typically this is classified as being in the top 1-2% on a selection of face recognition tests.

http://superrecognisers.com/

I thought transient as soon as I saw the sketch. I've thought transient for awhile because of how long it's been for an ID. With video, audio and now a sketch I just don't think he is local. All moo of course.

There are transients of many kinds. Seasonal workers, mobile crews doing things like power line maintenance, temporary and contract workers doing anything from traveling sales to sterilization of grocery store shopping carts. I picture him as having a job that moves him around but keeps him in each area for a while. In New England, I'd think of the contractors installing fiberoptic cable, but I don't know what's common in Indiana.

Has JDD been cleared by LE then? That sure would make further discussion pointless and help to focus elsewhere.

I doubt they are going to clear anyone. Again, the police know him. If he was a suspect they would have arrested him.LE does not need our help with this jerk.
There is nothing left to discuss about this guy.

I doubt they are going to clear anyone. Again, the police know him. If he was a suspect they would have arrested him.LE does not need our help with this jerk.
There is nothing left to discuss about this guy.
Thanks Tricia.

the new witness saw someone 60miles NW of indianapolis..delphi is 70 miles north and slightly west of indianapolis so by my reconing I'd say 40 miles south/west of delphi..ballpark around attica IN. That is a long way to connect the dots

The woman witness saw him by the trails. Obviously someone got the mileage wrong.

no, a news article quoting LE said the description came from someone 70 miles NW of indiana. The woman you mention is different.

Edit: I posted a slight correction post #798

How do you get 40?
70 miles-60 miles is 10 miles, to me that's pretty close to saying Delphi or the outskirts of Delphi.

As a mother of former teens, I can say definitively that yes, they certainly might. Especially if they were someplace they weren't supposed to be, with someone they weren't supposed to be with, doing something they weren't supposed to be doing. They're sure they're going to be in all kinds of trouble, and it can be quite some time before the truth comes out. And the something can be pretty minor. If, for instance, and not suggesting any person fits this description, a girl used the excuse of walking to the convenience store to get a soda to duck into the park to meet a boy her parents don't want her to date, you could apply water torture and she wouldn't admit it. It would be a struggle for hypothetical girl to realize she had to go to the police with what she knew. The same was true of my boys.

I agree with this 100%. I remember being told a friend of a friend was raped on her way home and she didn't tell her father because she didn't want her freedom curtailed. I recalled this recently and I think now, why didn't I think to tell someone I was told that so her welfare could be attended to? The community's safety? Why didn't I tell someone when on a camp some kids told me about a girl who "gave" oral sex to her father's friends for 50 cents? I think about these girls, who are now middle aged women, and worry about them.

And that was information that didn't implicate me in any wrongdoing whatsoever. It wasn't even a conscious decision to not tell, it wasn't something I thought about doing and discarded. I think some of it is a bit of a lack of full empathy born from experience at that age, the bit that gets you over the hurdle of "that's bad" to "that's bad and I should do something to help".

The person who has come forward has done the right thing, criticism of the delay only dissuades other witnesses who've not yet come forward from doing so.

There is a good MSM article in the NYT if someone could link it. The sketch is a really good copy and there is more info about the process of developing the sketch. Sorry I can't link.
Eta.Shoot! Please post link on new thread and media thread. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme