IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have questioned him, but need further evidence to charge him. Or they suspect him without sufficient evidence. And by putting out a sketch, someone may be able to place him somewhere (or remember something about him) on that day that would implicate or clear him.

But why would it take so long to putout a sketch if they already know who he is?

Thanks for the response.

Upon further thought I think chances are slim COD was via a gun and possibly knife due to the fact they had open caskets, iirc. (Fatal wounds could have been to the body but maybe unlikely? Idk....) Since they had open caskets, maybe most likely is asphyxiation/strangulation?

I agree. Although the bridge and surrounding areas are not "busy" places with lots of people in & around the area, the kidnap (yes, they were being held against their wills and I hope the suspect is charged with this), the murders, and whatever else may have occurred, were in daylight & not that far from the town and obviously had parking, other trails and some folks living within earshot. He may certainly have had a gun, but also think it was asphyxiation as the COD. Certainly citizens who may have thought they heard shots that day would have called LE to report it.

>>>>>>>>>Justice soon for the sweet young girls and their grieving families.<<<<<<<<<

They might suspect someone but don't even have evidence for a search warrant. They put out the sketch, get a bunch of tips, a couple of the tips say it looks like their suspect and mention a few suspicious things about him, they go get a warrant based on the tips?
I've never worked in LE myself but I would like to think from past experience in my own area or national stories like this that if LE knew this person, he would be made public in some way and would be considered a POI not a Suspect. To be called a suspect nearly from the beginning tells me there is enough evidence against him right now.

Without having anyone thinking I'm 'assuming' this I would just say it's very common for a POI to be outted to the degree that LE knows everyone is on the look out for one particular person, they wouldn't be releasing a sketch of him. We'd have a mugshot or video of this person already in the media... LE doesn't know who he is....IMHO

This is assuming a lot about their investigative work that we just do no know, and belittling important, long standing LE practice (suspect sketches are a tool, not just making pictures). We have no idea if they know *exactly* who the man is, but they may have serious suspicions, and have to follow the law if they're going to make an arrest. I realize this case is taking longer to solve than anyone wanted or expected. But it doesn't mean they're "taking their time". I saw someone mention in another thread that there are over two dozen LE organizations involved. I'm sure they're putting in an asinine amount of work.

I've become confused on why all of a sudden people are saying that LE might already know who this is. I've been following crimes across the country before the information super highway existed. Not one that I can remember has ever included a sketch of a known suspect by LE. They don't know who this man is and that's the reason this sketch was released. Why waste the communities time asking the public for help if they already have him in their sights? It really doesn't make any sense to me. IMO

And if they are friends with him, chances are they avoid LE if at all possible.

Why? Why would friends protect a friend that is suspected in two young girl's murder? For me if I knew someone has committed a double murder of two young girls I'd be more afraid of them still walking the streets. I wouldn't be afraid of this person for my own personal safety and I certainly wouldn't allow them to get away with two murders. That's deranged....

So after a day on the couch post-dental surgery obsessing and reading about this case, I'm just sharing my strongest impressions:
1. R.L. has nothing to do with it. No way. He's 77. I don't care how well preserved you are (my ex FIL still coached baseball at 80), ain't no way. Flexion, stamina, speed, dexterity, nope. And BG photo is not RL. Come on. Someone here said his son died years ago. Leave this poor alcoholic alone and just make sure he doesnt drive again. Just my opinion.

2. BG homeless guy? No way. I lived in CA for many years where there is a huge homeless population (due to mild climate and insane shelter costs), and my impression of BG is opposite: the vibe I got was of a very tightly controlled, obsessively clean and neat psycho.

I feel sure he is employed. I feel like he has done this before, that he has been around long enough to have decided that parks, rec areas, are a great hunting ground in general because of concealment opps, remote areas within ,, inflow of patrons (victims), published and also the fact that in hiking etc., areas, ppl tend to respect your privacy, aware that many hike in order to be alone with their thoughts, meditate, enjoy solitude. Different than a family campground atmosphere of "..Hi, I'm Duane from Minnesota and these are my two kids.... etc. A single guy hiking is ignored. That would appeal to a sk as single men lurking near schools or neighborhoods are soon noticed and made unwelcome. So I think he had familiarized himself with the area but had no ties to Delphi. If I had to guess I'd say he lives a ways away - in a medium sized town or city, where he probably keeps a low profile. I think he was out prowling his list of preferred areas that weekend, and happened to see the two girls getting dropped off. Maybe even heard the pickup arrangements being communicated. I think he waited at the entrance to trail for 20 mins or so to be sure no other ppl were coming and then caught up with the girls quickly, and hustled them away quickly in case anyone was behind them.

The phone situation is not clear to me at all. I think he was well aware of cell phones and would have confiscated immediately if for no other reason than to be sure neither dialed 911, but was ignorant of the cloud. I dont tend to believe that there were 40 minutes of audio or video for that reason. I also think the average person today knows that cells can pinpoint a location and he knew damn well that ppl would be looking for these two girls. Yet the pings until 530pm puzzle me unless phones ping even when dead, because i feel he probably threw thr phone in the water quickly.

The rest is uncertain to me although i just dont see bg dragging dead bodies at any point.

God rest the souls of those beautiful girls, who are so mourned by so many.

I haven't read all the new pages here, I don't have time today but I wanted to mention something I read about SnapChat - it gives out your GPS location. I don't know how, I don't know who gets that info, I know nothing more. I just read it in some article on kids and safety. No, I can't site it because it was weeks ago and I couldn't post a the time because the thread was closed and then life happened. But, the Snapchat photo on the bridge would reveal that exact location.

Technosaur here, so don't kill the messenger.

I haven't read all the new pages here, I don't have time today but I wanted to mention something I read about SnapChat - it gives out your GPS location. I don't know how, I don't know who gets that info, I know nothing more. I just read it in some article on kids and safety. No, I can't site it because it was weeks ago and I couldn't post a the time because the thread was closed and then life happened. But, the Snapchat photo on the bridge would reveal that exact location.

Technosaur here, so don't kill the messenger.

I'm pretty sure it's opt-in.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jax49

He shows up as 6' and 175 lbs. Too tall by a couple of inches. moo

ETA: And underweight for BG.

Well, the BG was not upright in the photo we saw, but I guess they (whoever) allowed for that & may have had more pics of him upright and there was a point of reference for ratio (rr ties), so I guess 6' is o/o/the question, but there are some similarities... SMH

Just antsy-pantsy here, that's all...

Can you imagine how the relatives are just still holding their breaths and trying to sleep at night? And the parents of children around the girls' ages are prolly really limiting where & when their kids can go out on their own -- even the kids' summers are somewhat robbed due to this monster. Just dammit.

If LE has a strong suspect, I'd bet every dime I have that he is under 24-hr surveillance. From what I've seen in real life, LE can sometimes be martinets about petty stuff like traffic tickets , but devoted and brave and relentless in pursuit of justice for children. I have no doubt in my otherwise cynical mind that every member of this task force is giving 180% of what they have to nail this creep.

This may have already been covered here but I haven't seen it and want to put it out here. I realize not everyone owns a cellphone or are married to the one that they have but let's say this suspect had one and it was turned on at the time he was in this location. Is cell tower technology at a point where it can get cellphone numbers of anyone within a certain time frame? I don't know the traffic of cell phone towers that are utilized in the Delphi area, but I do wonder if it's possible to gather this kind of data to help LE check all the phone numbers that were pinging off the tower in that time frame????

(Hi Barbie,

Yes this capability has been utilized in other cases, and no doubt has been done here, imo.

Here is an example from another case for reference, the random shootings in Northern Colorado (there's also a link to WS thread 1 in my signature; Im submitting the full post listing the agencies, etc so you can see the similar broad investigative scope):

"The task force also continues to monitor other seemingly random shooting incidents in the United States.* To date, there is no indication that any of those incidents are related to the cases under investigation by the Northern Colorado Shooting Task Force.

The task force would like to share with the public some of its investigative efforts to date.

*The task force has processed over 340,385 cell phone numbers, more than 2,550 leads, and conducted over 500 interviews.

Task force investigators have followed up on 748 vehicles and looked at over 100 videos from businesses in the vicinity of these four crimes.

10 persons of interest have been identified and cleared by the task force.

There are 26 personnel assigned to the task force from the following agencies:

Larimer County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, Windsor Police Department, Weld County Sheriff&#8217;s Office, Larimer County District Attorney&#8217;s Office, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, Loveland Police Department, Colorado State Patrol, Fort Collins Police Services, Greeley Police Departmen! tColorado Bureau of Investigation."

http://larimersheriff.org/press-release/northern-colorado-shooting-task-force-update )

Why? Why would friends protect a friend that is suspected in two young girl's murder? For me if I knew someone has committed a double murder of two young girls I'd be more afraid of them still walking the streets. I wouldn't be afraid of this person for my own personal safety and I certainly wouldn't allow them to get away with two murders. That's deranged....
Because they're growing pot in their basement and have two warrants outstanding.

Lots of talk about how BG's features are not unique; he could be any Midwestern guy you pass on the street, and I agree. But this guy you're posting about - really unique features. Nose and eyes look nothing like BG. LE would be lucky to have had a suspect with features that distinct.

I don't necessarily think they know who he is, but one scenario could be that he's in hiding on the run. Perhaps out of state and this sketch could help oust him. However, with that logic I would think they'd release a mugshot-type picture. Unless there isn't one. It's just my opinion but I feel like BG has had some kind of run in with the law so they would have a mugshot...if they do in fact know who he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. In the Jessica Ridgeway case, there was a woman that came across Austin Sigg while she was walking her dog. (This is a different woman than the one he attacked and attempted to rape at Ketner Lake). She said she saw him and felt very ill at ease and knew if she didn't have her dog with her, he would have attacked her. She remembered what he looked like because her instincts told her something was wrong with the situation/person. I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar here, that the witness's internal alarms went off for some reason and they were able to remember details of his appearance.

(O/T, What? I must have totally forgotten about this because it is not ringing a bell... :lookingitup: , please submit a link if you can, thanks, not seeing it but its hard for me emotionally to search and read through the links due to a personal connection to her case.)

Sometimes those people will be too scared to talk. Even if they don't talk, just being seen with LE could get them or people they care about hurt. This person has absolutely no qualms about hurting people, that is quite clear. I can understand the intracacies of the case and caution of LE.
Its one thing to be a witness, but if you think that criminal will know it was you who did it, that could be very frightening, especially if he didn't get convicted. Being a witness does take some risks. But it saves lives and maybe their own.

Well why would LE think people will come forward now if they did not before (in response to those who believe suspect identity is known to LE)? If everyone is so terrified of this man?

If it turns out Le does know who is he as of sketch release date, I will be not only shocked but stunned they would "wait for confirmation" from the public that may never come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT