IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo if they have a serious suspect they would dig into his background and seek out people he knows...not come with up with a sketch months later and hope the right person happens to see it. Imo it is insane to me that they would know exactly who this man is and yet take their time, making pictures and crossing their fingers.

That's what I'm talking about. It would be totally insane.

Agree 100%. Broken record here, but I don't think they have any idea WHO this person is, moo.

"We want to know who he is."

I think we are all at the beating a dead horse stage with everything related to this case, no offense to anyone, talking about myself too, so I'm feeling this overwhelming need to post this guy for any past, present, and future dead horse posts as applicable, including many of my own, (first time I think I've ever used this guy on Websleuths):

:deadhorse:

:wagon:to Websleuths, thesickwind and EOA !! We're glad you're here!! :party:

Benefit concert for Delphi girls

In a showing of solidarity, the Delphi Opera House will be abuzz this weekend with musical talent from all across Indiana. The musicians are coming together for a special benefit in memory of Delphi teenagers Libby German, 14, and Abby Williams, 13, who were killed in February near the Monon High Bridge in Delphi.

All proceeds from “Play it Forward” will go directly toward funding a sports and performing arts complex in Delphi that will be named in honor of the teenagers.

http://www.pharostribune.com/news/c...cle_03b95018-2246-5fc8-afd1-af7c34955958.html

I hope the concert is a big success.

Wondering about phone and really interested in how others imagine it playing out. 1. Wouldn't perp upon making his move have either already have seen that at least one girl had a phone and/or 2. Assumed that one or both had phones and searched and destroyed them immediately?

Assuming he had not already seen the phone Libby had, would he have really just asked if they had phones and accepted their answer(s)
?
If somehow in his lunacy he overlooked the phone and/or Libby stuck it in her top or pants or sock (as opposed to a pocket) and it went undiscovered until he had taken/led them on foot to the attack location, that is the only way I can think of that extended audio exists. I feel sure that if LG's hands were free and the phone in her pocket, she would have found a way or a moment when psycho wasnt looking to dial 911.

Someone here or in a google discussion stated that family phoned Libby's cell at 3:10pm and 3:12pm. If true, maybe this alerted BG to the presence of the phone?

Really interested to hear what others see as likely.

Wondering about phone and really interested in how others imagine it playing out. 1. Wouldn't perp upon making his move have either already have seen that at least one girl had a phone and/or 2. Assumed that one or both had phones and searched and destroyed them immediately?

Assuming he had not already seen the phone Libby had, would he have really just asked if they had phones and accepted their answer(s)
?
If somehow in his lunacy he overlooked the phone and/or Libby stuck it in her top or pants or sock (as opposed to a pocket) and it went undiscovered until he had taken/led them on foot to the attack location, that is the only way I can think of that extended audio exists. I feel sure that if LG's hands were free and the phone in her pocket, she would have found a way or a moment when psycho wasnt looking to dial 911.

Someone here or in a google discussion stated that family phoned Libby's cell at 3:10pm and 3:12pm. If true, maybe this alerted BG to the presence of the phone?

Really interested to hear what others see as likely.
At this point imo I doubt he even cared about the phone, or maybe it just made him more angry or motivated. I think he saw and knew, and didn't care about it for whatever mental instability he has going on. I think it because imo I think he had to have noticed them snapping pics of eachother if he was trailing them, this to me is pretty sick if he did know and didn't care. Shows how brazen and scary he really is. I believe even imo in one still he's looking at them. I think if they had had a chance to call anyone they would have, I believe after being creeped out enough to vid him, out was probably too late, but we don't k ow that they didn't call anyone either. All imo always

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Re: the lack of a profile at this time, I'm confused by this. It would seem to me there might be something of substance other than the usual cookie cutter profile ("might have missed work the next day, increased alcohol or drug usage, has an unusual interest in case, may have changed appearance, bla bla...") which could be gleamed by gaining insight from the crime scene (via COD, MO, etc etc etc...).

Gives the "we want to know who he is" a double meaning....they can't even give a freakin profile as to who they think he is profile-wise. Not dogging LE, just wondering why this guy might be so hard for even them to possibly analyze??

Eta: Do I recall the number of actual FBI profilers in the US are next to none? Maybe I dreamed this but I thought there were only like 6 or something vIa Foxfire...brain has officially gone kaput so sorry if this is imagined misinformation...

Taking a break.

So after a day on the couch post-dental surgery obsessing and reading about this case, I'm just sharing my strongest impressions:
1. R.L. has nothing to do with it. No way. He's 77. I don't care how well preserved you are (my ex FIL still coached baseball at 80), ain't no way. Flexion, stamina, speed, dexterity, nope. And BG photo is not RL. Come on. Someone here said his son died years ago. Leave this poor alcoholic alone and just make sure he doesnt drive again. Just my opinion.

2. BG homeless guy? No way. I lived in CA for many years where there is a huge homeless population (due to mild climate and insane shelter costs), and my impression of BG is opposite: the vibe I got was of a very tightly controlled, obsessively clean and neat psycho.

I feel sure he is employed. I feel like he has done this before, that he has been around long enough to have decided that parks, rec areas, are a great hunting ground in general because of concealment opps, remote areas within ,, inflow of patrons (victims), published and also the fact that in hiking etc., areas, ppl tend to respect your privacy, aware that many hike in order to be alone with their thoughts, meditate, enjoy solitude. Different than a family campground atmosphere of "..Hi, I'm Duane from Minnesota and these are my two kids.... etc. A single guy hiking is ignored. That would appeal to a sk as single men lurking near schools or neighborhoods are soon noticed and made unwelcome. So I think he had familiarized himself with the area but had no ties to Delphi. If I had to guess I'd say he lives a ways away - in a medium sized town or city, where he probably keeps a low profile. I think he was out prowling his list of preferred areas that weekend, and happened to see the two girls getting dropped off. Maybe even heard the pickup arrangements being communicated. I think he waited at the entrance to trail for 20 mins or so to be sure no other ppl were coming and then caught up with the girls quickly, and hustled them away quickly in case anyone was behind them.

The phone situation is not clear to me at all. I think he was well aware of cell phones and would have confiscated immediately if for no other reason than to be sure neither dialed 911, but was ignorant of the cloud. I dont tend to believe that there were 40 minutes of audio or video for that reason. I also think the average person today knows that cells can pinpoint a location and he knew damn well that ppl would be looking for these two girls. Yet the pings until 530pm puzzle me unless phones ping even when dead, because i feel he probably threw thr phone in the water quickly.

The rest is uncertain to me although i just dont see bg dragging dead bodies at any point.

God rest the souls of those beautiful girls, who are so mourned by so many.

If he is a regular park visiter/hiker (as I thought, also) you would think he'd be recognized by a hiker by now. Of course it's a big country and probably only 1% or less of people have even heard of this case. Guessing on stats. Do you expect he'd be concealing himself, and not necessarily on the trails? Doesn't sound like he was spotted PRIOR TO THE DAY of the murders on the Adelphi trail. It's all just mind boggling.
Wondering, also, about that beard. It could be long by now.
I think we need to think 40ish and reddish hair. I don't think he's 30ish. My son-in-laws are 30ish and I think he looks older. Right?
Would female hikers think nothing of it if they saw a lone male hiker on an isolated trail? I don't hike, but I'd be leery.
Lord willing he'll get caught!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost starting to wonder if this guy is from far away, possibly even overseas, visiting periodically and becoming somewhat familiar with the area?
imo, speculation.

I haven't read all the new pages here, I don't have time today but I wanted to mention something I read about SnapChat - it gives out your GPS location. I don't know how, I don't know who gets that info, I know nothing more. I just read it in some article on kids and safety. No, I can't site it because it was weeks ago and I couldn't post a the time because the thread was closed and then life happened. But, the Snapchat photo on the bridge would reveal that exact location.

Technosaur here, so don't kill the messenger.

Hello! Snapchat user here, I believe the GPS feature is new and wasn't in place when they were murdered. I'm sure it will definitely come in handy in future cases! It was not easy for me to figure out how to turn it off. [emoji28]

(My brain all day and night long: "Maybe he "this", maybe he "that", maybe he "this", maybe he "that"... :banghead:)

Well, the BG was not upright in the photo we saw, but I guess they (whoever) allowed for that & may have had more pics of him upright and there was a point of reference for ratio (rr ties), so I guess 6' is o/o/the question, but there are some similarities... SMH

Just antsy-pantsy here, that's all...

Can you imagine how the relatives are just still holding their breaths and trying to sleep at night? And the parents of children around the girls' ages are prolly really limiting where & when their kids can go out on their own -- even the kids' summers are somewhat robbed due to this monster. Just dammit.

"...Just antsy-pantsy here..."

O/T and absolutely no disrespect meant to the sad subject we're discussing, but I HAD to stop and tell you how much I love that phrase!

(I've heard antsy a lot, but the antsy-pantsy is new to me.)

Don't mean to offend anyone by finding humor, but honestly, WS posters can come up with some of the best turn of phrasing ever.

Thank you for the brief moment of relief from this tragedy...

Almost starting to wonder if this guy is from far away, possibly even overseas, visiting periodically and becoming somewhat familiar with the area?
imo, speculation.

(..."maybe he "is from overseas"...actually just had that thought myself...maybe he's living in a freaking hole like Osama Bin Laden...gah, OK maybe not but seriously, he's gotta be in some sort of seclusion somewhere, RV/camper, trailer in BFE, houseboat...?? Dear lord there it's again, I'm posting the same old crap :deadhorse: )

Eta: jumping off your post dotr, what about Alaska? Fisherman?
Random shot in the dark, all speculative, who knows anymore...Easter Island, Timbuctoo, Oz, Lilliput, Mars...

( :eek:fftobed: )

After looking that Dude, I can only mutter, from the bottom of my heart: WTF?
Sorry if already posted, still catching up, but someone just sent me this article (thank you!) and I've got to say WOOOWWWW for many reasons...wet in the river, SA, appearance, location...

Man faces rape, 6 other charges after manhunt
Tribune-Star staff report Jul 13, 2017
http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_...cle_7b2e88e1-e008-5ccd-ae89-d5d0d44f2930.html

*going to ask a mod for permission on a side by side and permission to sleuth.

(Eta: flagged a mod.)

We may not be accomplishing much (sometimes I think), except by spreading the word through facebook, etc., about these crimes and suspects.
But on the positive, many of us don't have anyone we know who has an interest in these cases so Websleuths is such blessing. I got started with the Nancy grace show. I even dated through some of that period. Yes, he watched his show while I used a different tv/different room to watch Nancy grace. No guy is gonna separate me from my show! Lol
Since many people are way too busy with little kids hanging all over them, or it's just not of interest to them, it's really great to have Websleuths to get facts, and share thoughts, as well as beat the dead horse (ok, quite frequently on the more frustrating/unsolved).
Not to bad mouth FB, but in crime cases it gets so overrun with 'facts' and emotions, you can't sort out the fact from the fiction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If LE has a strong suspect, I'd bet every dime I have that he is under 24-hr surveillance. From what I've seen in real life, LE can sometimes be martinets about petty stuff like traffic tickets , but devoted and brave and relentless in pursuit of justice for children. I have no doubt in my otherwise cynical mind that every member of this task force is giving 180% of what they have to nail this creep.

bbm
That's how a burglar/rapist/killer was caught in Raleigh, NC. LE had DNA rape evidence, but no matches to it. The perpetrator lived in the neighborhood but refused to give LE a cheek swab when LE conducted a neighborhood search, asking for cheek swabs from the men. Because he had a minor prior record & he was the only neighbor who refused the swab, LE had him on 24-hr surveillance. They got a cigarette butt from one he had tossed on public property. They got a match within 24 hours, and made and immediate arrest based on the match. Trial. LWOP.

Hello! Snapchat user here, I believe the GPS feature is new and wasn't in place when they were murdered. I'm sure it will definitely come in handy in future cases! It was not easy for me to figure out how to turn it off. [emoji28]

yes you are right - the feature to see where people are rolled out a lot more recently than the murders

Alright what about this to add to the list of ten thousand possibilities:

Works on an offshore oil rig.

I heard the clip, as a Tennessean I heard no accent that told me he may be from my area or similar. But you never k ow and everyone hears it differently. Imo!

A certain number of the people in Indiana have an upper south accent (TN and KY) because many of the original settlers came from those states. That accent in Indiana maybe diluted in some, but not in others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme