IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that locals seemingly haven't identified the man in the picture, it's likely he's not local.

Given that they have at least one of the victims' cell phones, it's likely there wasn't some previous communication between victim and perp. That would be easy to find, and easy to track where it came from.

If you Google "hiking trails near Delphi" this trail is the first one that pops up. It also likely shows up if you do a Google Maps search, or if you use one of many different combinations of words.

Forgive me if this has been debated ad nauseum, but from a fresh set of eyes, this seems like a case of someone visiting or passing through town, stalking on a hiking path for a victim. The brazenness suggests this is a typical MO and he has raped and possibly killed previously. If it wasn't these two girls, then it would have been some other lone woman, possibly in a different spot on the path.

Sometime back after Tobe said that RL was not a suspect,but still involved,I had posted a theory on his involvement that said something along those lines.I speculated that perhaps the girls had ran for safety to the first place they knew,RL's place.Not knowing what was recorded on Libby's phone,it would seem possible that if they were fleeing from the murderer,perhaps they were yelling for RL and that may have been what prompted LE to get a search warrant,because they heard his name on the recording.But then again,maybe they got a search warrant just because they were found on his property.

This is interesting and something I have not heard or thought of. If this is true, Its possible that they still haven't determined why the girls were yelling his name. It also would explain why they kept hinting at the possibility of more than one perp. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you wondering what the heck we are talking about, we all had tremendous respect for an exceptional sleuther who went by Wolfscratch or Firefox depending on the forum he was posting. He passed away unexpectedly a few months ago, and is sorely missed. What a great guy and such a terrific sleuther.

Foxfire's last post in Lizzie's and Lyric's thread...he had been in touch with a detective, he and watcher9 had come up with something iirc..what was it? Dotr linked it...may be or may not be relevant here...something new maybe to look at/revisit?

This is interesting and something I have not heard or thought of. If this is true, Its possible that they still haven't determined why the girls were yelling his name. It also would explain why they kept hinting at the possibility of more than one perp. IMO

There just happens to be a blurb on a Fox news story of RL walking his dog.

7b4490e394fa4f84bac45693c81e45bd.jpg

Foxfire was a big fisherman. He has a thread here to honor him. Http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?325542-Longtime-WS-er-FOXFIRE-has-passed-away

He was my best friend/ colleague on WS and we talked almost everyday for 4 years or however long.

Can someone please repost that picture of Abby fishing?

Foxfire was also a former Fire Captain, iirc...)( Any news on the 4 girls killed in the fire?)

He was also ahead of his time on all the ISIS stuff...don't feel the need to go there on this one. Thank God. Fishing, wilderness, hunter, predator, serial killer...note to self to look up what he had to say about Gary Ridgeway.

Aydrianna, re your posts from today (yesterday) re the cold water...

I've always thought maybe wade fishing or duck hunting...

Your questions/posts today made me suddenly consider something:

Maybe he is used to cold water.

I know this is all crazy speculative brainstorming on my part. Just thinking out loud and wracking my brain, from the heart, trying to work through this together as it comes day by day :eek:fftobed: , :grouphug:

Given that locals seemingly haven't identified the man in the picture, it's likely he's not local.

Given that they have at least one of the victims' cell phones, it's likely there wasn't some previous communication between victim and perp. That would be easy to find, and easy to track where it came from.

If you Google "hiking trails near Delphi" this trail is the first one that pops up. It also likely shows up if you do a Google Maps search, or if you use one of many different combinations of words.

Forgive me if this has been debated ad nauseum, but from a fresh set of eyes, this seems like a case of someone visiting or passing through town, stalking on a hiking path for a victim. The brazenness suggests this is a typical MO and he has raped and possibly killed previously. If it wasn't these two girls, then it would have been some other lone woman, possibly in a different spot on the path.

:goodpost:

There is only one cellular tower in Delphi.

Ironically, it is located very near RLs home. There is a youtube about the pinging on that tower. GH commented on the video to discover that he was incorrect about there being multiple cellular towers as the others are antenna radio towers. I found the video to be very informative.
The case map must be wrong then as it shows more than that.
Was the case map based on GH info? Please could mods advise?

When LE revealed that they had the phone, I also wondered if BG left it because he thought he destroyed it. We know the phone was recovered in the general area of the girls' bodies. Perhaps he tossed it in the creek or maybe he tried to crush it. The thing is, LE had grabbed his image and released it as soon as one day after the autopsy so whatever he did, thankfully it wasn't enough to prevent the rapid retrieval of those files. If he phone was submerged in water, I wonder how long it would take the officially die? Could the last ping still have been as late as 5:30?
I did read a while ago on another case that it can last up to 4 hours in water until it dies (depending on model) so that could be possible IMO.

I'm sure the FBI provided local LE with a profile of BG. The Iowa murderer profile was very generic. Most profiles are more comprehensive and may have details of the crime itself and may not be released publicly for that reason. I have never heard of a profile being used by a defense attorney because it was wrong. Profile right or wrong, the guy is a murderer. That's what his attorney has to worry about.

A defence attorney and the law says no one is a murderer unless convicted.

The case map must be wrong then as it shows more than that.
Was the case map based on GH info? Please could mods advise?

As far as I know the case map is not wrong. There are only 2 cell towers in Delphi itself, off N Wells, marked on the map. The tower near to RL's property was decommissioned as a tower in 2014 and now is used as a transmitter.

No the case map was not based on GH's info, it was created before he made his videos, the only information on the map that includes GH's work is the locations on the bridge of Abby and BG.

Tlc- sorry about the debunk video. I didn't know it wasn't allowed.

I can say that a phone can still ping for a couple of hours after being in water. A girl near new orleans went missing. Her phone pinged for several hours from the same place. They found her car in the lake Worth her behind the wheel. Much argument occurred that she couldn't be in the water because of the pounds and she did not have an otter box, but lo and behold..... she was.

I too think it was all captured on audio, though. I originally wondered if she dropped the phone on purpose to leave evidence. I don't know if that happened, but it crossed my mind. They were searching the free for donething, though! Real possible it was there.

In conclusion, I have helped none here. Haaaa! !!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
No your musings are interesting. I have just posted similar about phone in water.

As far as I know the case map is not wrong. There are only 2 cell towers in Delphi itself, off N Wells, marked on the map. The tower near to RL's property was decommissioned as a tower in 2014 and now is used as a transmitter.

No the case map was not based on GH's info, it was created before he made his videos, the only information on the map that includes GH's work is the locations on the bridge of Abby and BG.
Thanks for confirming skibs.

Aydrianna, re your posts from today (yesterday) re the cold water...

I've always thought maybe wade fishing or duck hunting...

Your questions/posts today made me suddenly consider something:

Maybe he is used to cold water.

I know this is all crazy speculative brainstorming on my part. Just thinking out loud and wracking my brain, from the heart, trying to work through this together as it comes day by day :eek:fftobed: , :grouphug:
Is that something you'd wear high boots for?

Anyone want to walk/wade across the creek (to see how that goes) this Feb? Seems like that would be hard for a perp to plan that with all the variables...

No your musings are interesting. I have just posted similar about phone in water.

Thanks to you and mpnola on the info re: cellphones in water. The phone may have recorded most or all of the crime before he found it. Perhaps the last thing he did before leaving the crime scene was try to dispose of evidence, and maybe he threw the phone in the creek at that time. They were definitely searching in the creek and other than a weapon, I'm trying to think what it could be but the phone? If he did put it there, it would be a good piece of info to hold back as something only the perp would know. Because we've all known from day 3 that they had images of him but LE has been not very forthcoming about the whereabouts of the actual phone until recently.

There is a test on both a Samsung galaxy s6 and an iphone 6 on you tube and they both lasted more than 30 minutes and were still on and working when they were taken out of the water. I haven't found anything yet that confirms, states or tests them for longer than that. Also, that test was with no cover on them so a phone could have conceivably lasted till 0530 pm IMO.

Anyone want to walk/wade across the creek (to see how that goes) this Feb? Seems like that would be hard for a perp to plan that with all the variables...
Lets hope this is solved way before February. Today is the day. I feel the perp probably follows this thread daily.

:wave: to all the lurkers.

I did read a while ago on another case that it can last up to 4 hours in water until it dies (depending on model) so that could be possible IMO.

I don't know if it would still ping, but photos of the crime being committed and others were retrieved from Travis Alexander's (Jodi Arias) after it had been washed in a washing machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member