IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if LE would put the latest sketch on the billboards in 48 states like they did in the beginning of this crime? Wasn't it 6,000 total billboards?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Not trying to argue inferred meanings of LE statements, or the guilt or innocence of anyone in this or any other case. I am simply asking for accuracy. The example I provided was a clear example of someone being publicly cleared. There is no ambiguity about the intent. In this case, no one has been publicly cleared. I fail to understand why WS members state what they, themselves, believe LE "really means" as fact instead of just quoting LE directly and opining on what they believe LE "really means". Saying LE has "cleared" anyone publicly is false and misleading statement

Cleared - Confident that individual person(s) are not involved.
Suspected - Reason(s) to believe that individual person(s) are involved.
Not a suspect - No reason to believe that individual person(s) are involved.
I do believe we can interpret facts as we see fit and that is what having an opinion means. If we don't agree with the posters particular opinion, then we debate it, or ignore it. Nobody's opinion of LE statements is right or wrong and sometimes LE statements are downright ambiguous. (DNA statements for example.) AJMO.

You would have to go back to the early threads. Can't tell you which thread off the top of my head. There were at least 4 image analysts that were going bridge by bridge looking for power lines crossing, the right type of bridge, and then the right angles alignments to be make it possible for the picture we see to have been taken in each place. There are at least a half dozen image analysts that are very good at what they do around WS.

We were fortunate to have the power lines in the image. Made it easier to find bridges where there were power lines crossing in proximity to them. Then it is the type of bridge it is which eliminates bridges with overhead structures and all concrete bridges, etc. The only thing that was for certain it couldn't be the Monon High bridge. After a several days of effort the bridge was identified in Monticello.

Yep, Monticello. 100%

When locating somewhere from an image you just 'know' when you find the right place and that one was definitely a YES moment

I have been looking into the proximity of the railways to the crime scene and thinking about the types of people who would be familiar with that area and yet not be local. On the Norfolk Southern Corp website, they list some career paths: http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en/work-at-ns/career-paths/hourly-positions.html

I was drawn to the job description of the "signal maintainers." They build and maintain signal equipment along railways. They don't travel to locations via rail, they actually drive themselves (and a CDL is required). Extensive regional travel is required for this particular job so they may travel to different sites along the entire length of the corporation's tracks and stay out of town for days or weeks at a time. I'm thinking they may stay in motels/extended stay hotels during their assignments? In their downtime, maybe they have time to explore the towns they are periodically stationed in, so that someone who, for instance, normally works and lives in Fort Wayne, comes to Delphi for a week-long assignment two or three times each year? I'm just wondering if this occupation fits the bill for someone who is a non-local and yet has local knowledge?

Good thought, Yemelyan. I am positive all hotels, motels, B&B's, etc. have been scoured over by police with any and all recorded/verified outsiders gone over with a fine tooth comb. IMHO

Good thought, Yemelyan. I am positive all hotels, motels, B&B's, etc. have been scoured over by police with any and all recorded/verified outsiders gone over with a fine tooth comb. IMHO

I think LE have been diligent about that too. So just to take your thought a little further. What if he's familiar with Delphi because of his work assignments, though he really lives elsewhere in Indiana or even a neighboring state (most of these railroad corporations have thousands of employees and track to maintain in multiple states). So in February he takes some time off work. Maybe because he needs to burn some vacation time or maybe there's been a stressor in his life. At some point, maybe he made a decision to stalk and hunt at the Monon High Bridge. Perhaps because he has previously offended near his actual residence and fears being caught, he goes farther afield now. Perhaps he visited the bridge when he worked out of town and noticed its remoteness. As I mentioned in previous posts, the fantasy of the act may be just as important to him in a way as the actual commission of the crime. So maybe he stalked a victim there previously but on that occasion his crime didn't come to fruition. So on that day he chooses, he returns, and his whereabouts that day are a secret to everyone in his "regular" life but him. Just throwing out one scenario that accounts for his familiarity but allows him to fly under LE radar when they canvassed.

I do believe we can interpret facts as we see fit and that is what having an opinion means. If we don't agree with the posters particular opinion, then we debate it, or ignore it. Nobody's opinion of LE statements is right or wrong and sometimes LE statements are downright ambiguous. (DNA statements for example.) AJMO.

Yes, shire, that is the term I would use 'ambiguous' to keep the details close to the vest, so to speak...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your point about the Amish being disinclined to cooperate with LE--I have no knowledge of this being the case, but you might be right. What this makes me think of though, is the possibility that someone who knows who this guy is has an issue with LE--perhaps an outstanding legal issue. Which is pure speculation (there is no evidence of this, or that the Amish wouldn't want to help solve a murder of this kind, given that they also have children who could be prey to this killer), but maybe there is something to that idea.

I'm not sure if the Amish wouldn't cooperate or not, I probably shouldn't have implied. I know our local Amish community largely polices itself. Their beliefs seem to be centered around repentance and forgiveness rather than some form of justice. While I do not know for certain, I wonder if they might feel it's not their place to get involved. I do suspect this varies a lot between different Amish communities and even between different families.

But to add to your second thought, I think LE messed up bad in the beginning when they were publicly announcing arrests made that weren't related to the case. It seems criminals tend to hang with other criminals, so it wouldn't be a huge leap to think there might be someone out there with a warrant or two, or someone a little salty about a prior run-in with LE, who might just know exactly who BG is.

Are there any posters here who are local to Delphi or the vicinity? I have two questions...maybe it doesn't exactly require local knowledge. Here goes:

1. I'm thinking about that snippet of audio, "Down the hill." I grew up in a state that had a defined gradient of accents north to south. Is Indiana like that? Is the accent of someone from Delphi, Lafayette, Logansport area significantly different from, say a Fort Wayne accent?

2. Does the Norfolk Southern railroad run through Delphi? If yes, how close are currently active Norfolk Southern tracks to the Monon High Bridge area?

I mentioned way back when the audio was released that I thought BG sounded like everyone I know (based on 3 tiny words) in rural west-central Indiana and east-central IL. I do think there are many from the northern and northwestern portions of Indiana who have a Minnesota-light accent and many from the very southern portions of IN who have a Kentucky-light accent. But I also think a lot depends on where their parents are from and if they've lived there their entire lives, whether they grew up in a city or a rural area, and probably a million other things. Trying to base it off of three words is incredibly difficult as well, but I certainly don't hear anything in the word "down" where I would expect to if they weren't from around here.

snipped by me...

I mentioned way back when the audio was released that I thought BG sounded like everyone I know (based on 3 tiny words) in rural west-central Indiana and east-central IL. I do think there are many from the northern and northwestern portions of Indiana who have a Minnesota-light accent and many from the very southern portions of IN who have a Kentucky-light accent. But I also think a lot depends on where their parents are from and if they've lived there their entire lives, whether they grew up in a city or a rural area, and probably a million other things. Trying to base it off of three words is incredibly difficult as well, but I certainly don't hear anything in the word "down" where I would expect to if they weren't from around here.
Certain words are pronounced differently in different regions. I knew someone who, although they didn't have a strong southern accent, said 'collar' for the word 'color'. I think he pronounced another word or two differently, as well. He lived on the Ohio river in OH, but across from Kentucky so hence the bit of 'southernness'.
The word 'down', I am assuming by your comment, probably is another telling word.

I have zero problems with anyone interpreting the facts and presenting their interpretations and opinions. What I do have a problem with is stating those interpretations and opinions as facts. Ex. "RL has been cleared"... umm, no - "RL is not a suspect" is accurate and not the same thing as being "cleared". When LE publicly clears someone, they are quite specific and unambiguous and leaves no room for misinterpretation.

ETA: This will be my last comment on the subject. Either you get what I am requesting or you don't. Either way, I'm sure it will be lost and forgotten in the next 66 threads. May justice be served for Abby and Libby.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I hate to say it, but the police need to drop a bombshell to get this back in the news.

I took a break from following this case because it was upsetting for me as the mother of a young daughter. Previously, lots was being shared on my social media regarding this. But I had no idea that the police sketch was released until I decided to come here to look for updates. Without other headline worthy details, not too many news outlets seem to have picked up on the sketch.

The media won't talk without a splash from police. It sucks but it is what it is. And that sketch needs to be more widely shared because it's honestly different from what I imagined he looked like based on the photos.

I "lurk" here to see what the progress it and hate that this hasn't been solved or at least an arrest made. Keep on keeping on sleuth friends, don't get distracted or let your frustration hinder your focus on the fact that these 2 girls are gone and their killer is still out there. :grouphug: :therethere:

I had really hoped we would see an arrest before starting thread #67 but it looks as if that was not to be. I will have fresh digs ready for you in a few minutes. Be prepared to move to the new thread - I'll be right back with a link

Thread #67 is ready for you. Please move over, this one will close in five minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro