IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/forensics/Crime-Scene-Investigation.pdf
This document will include more information than may be useful, but sections of it will aid web-sleuthers. It includes a list of definitions of terms used by la enforcement, and sections of it, such as how to deal with witnesses, secure a crime scene, etc., will help people form a better understanding of how law enforcement works. It may help people work through some of the ambiguity that only having partial knowledge brings when looking at crimes on Web Sleuths.

https://www.scribd.com/document/5574351/Problem-Solving-Crime-Analysis-55-Steps
This one is a copy of a British document written for police in Great Britain. It is a guide to help police develop a more disciplined, practical, and consistent approach to using evidence to make conclusions. The same thing people are trying to do here, save that we are only using public knowledge and are without investigative authority. Sections of the document will only be applicable to law enforcement, of course, but much of it has transferrable patterns of information and process that can be internalized by on-line sleuthing communities like this one.

https://www.nist.gov/sites/default/files/documents/forensics/Crime-Scene-Investigation.pdf
This document will include more information than may be useful, but sections of it will aid web-sleuthers. It includes a list of definitions of terms used by la enforcement, and sections of it, such as how to deal with witnesses, secure a crime scene, etc., will help people form a better understanding of how law enforcement works. It may help people work through some of the ambiguity that only having partial knowledge brings when looking at crimes on Web Sleuths, but being bound by only having partial knowledge.

https://www.scribd.com/document/5574351/Problem-Solving-Crime-Analysis-55-Steps
This one is a copy of a British document written for police in Great Britain. It is a guide to help police develop a more disciplined, practical, and consistent approach to using evidence to make conclusions. The same thing people are trying to do here, save that we are only using public knowledge and are without investigative authority. Sections of the document will only be applicable to law enforcement, of course, but much of it has transferrable patterns of information and process that can be internalized by on-line sleuthing communities like this one.

This is gold mrtnira, thank you!

The key to using guides like those is to reduce the content to what is useful within a context. And, the secondary consideration is not to misapply a model or a method, because a misapplication of a pattern or principle will create an analytical thread that takes people way from an accurate understanding of the event being analyzed. If there is an interpretive error at the beginning, it creates misunderstanding and wrong conclusions.

My use of the word "thread" isn't just about Web Sleuths, but any analytical process. Once people begin down the "if x, then y" logic chain,... The foundation will set the general direction of the things that follow.

The key to using guides like those is to reduce the content to what is useful within a context. And, the secondary consideration is not to misapply a model or a method, because a misapplication of a pattern or principle will create an analytical thread that takes people way from an accurate understanding of the event being analyzed. If there is an interpretive error at the beginning, it creates misunderstanding and wrong conclusions.

My use of the word "thread" isn't just about Web Sleuths, but any analytical process. Once people begin down the "if x, then y" logic chain,... The foundation will set the general direction of the things that follow.
I'm not very concerned about exact applications. Most of us are amateur sleuthers just theorizing because we lack info on these cases, as LE holds much of the info 'c!ose to the vest'.

I'm not entirely sure if I am allowed to post this or not or if it is already posted, but nonetheless: I was on Musical.ly and decided to look up Libby, and found her profile. If anyone's curious to look through them, there is a cute video on there of Abby and Libby that I just love. They were such sweet girls. https://www.musical.ly/h5/share/usr/63574524419465216.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some believe the killings in Iowa and Delphi are connected. A serial killer on the loose.
Lyric and Elizabeth went missing on 7/13/12.
Libby and Abby went missing on 2/13/17.
The numbers add up to 32. Some believe its a coincidence.
Heres another coincidence. Dennis Rader, BTK, was caught on 2/25/05.

Some believe the killings in Iowa and Delphi are connected. A serial killer on the loose.

Here's another coincidence....the sketch was shown by LE to the families on 7/13/17 and released to the public on 7/17/17!

There would be one day a month in 2017 (and indeed every year) that adds up to 32 eg. 1/14/17, 2/13/17, 3/12/17, 4/11/17 etc. And there is a 13th in every month too , so that is 2 days every month that could link to these murders which is a 1 in 15 chance that a date could match in some way, so I do not think it is a factor IMO.

There would be one day a month in 2017 (and indeed every year) that adds up to 32 eg. 1/14/17, 2/13/17, 3/12/17, 4/11/17 etc. And there is a 13th in every month too , so that is 2 days every month that could link to these murders which is a 1 in 15 chance that a date could match in some way, so I do not think it is a factor IMO.
Just throwing it out there because theres nothing else to talk about. Do I think its a coincidence? YES.

Just throwing it out there because theres nothing else to talk about. Do I think its a coincidence? YES.
2 in 15 is good odds in racing terms :smile: but I think it is coincidence too and Hey, it could still be the same killer.
Wondering what people think about a drug connection, bearing in mind the Kaitlyn Cargill case and "know what your kids are up to quote" .
AJMO.

I think they are perhaps related but the date maybe random. Possibly the day of week (1x Friday, 1x Monday) isn't random because only then there was an opportunity to escape his job, his wife, his girlfriend, his "elderly mother", etc.

Form Germany, I appreciate your approach to information and how you apply human patterns to resolve ambiguity. What you suggest is within the range of potentials.

I've started to read through past posts on WS in the Lyric and Lizzie threads. A few things that I found to be interesting coincidences 1. There was a phone that belonged to the girls that was left, along w a purse of one girl, near their bikes that were found. 2. Lizzie's mom thought her daughter was wearing black high top sneakers when she went missing. Very well could be just coincidental but who knows what triggers a child murdering sicko. All MOO

I've started to read through past posts on WS in the Lyric and Lizzie threads. A few things that I found to be interesting coincidences 1. There was a phone that belonged to the girls that was left, along w a purse of one girl, near their bikes that were found. 2. Lizzie's mom thought her daughter was wearing black high top sneakers when she went missing. Very well could be just coincidental but who knows what triggers a child murdering sicko. All MOO
The killings could be connected. No way to know. Pedos are not few and far between.

And theres poor April Tinsley. Crime unsolved.
Theres DNA. Maybe Familial DNA can be used to solve this case.

And there's poor April Tinsley. Crime unsolved.
There's DNA. Maybe Familial DNA can be used to solve this case.

I really think there is l lot to be said for the LE officer who said know what your children are doing. Much like another recent thread on WS everyone thinks the drug connection is not the norm but it appears to be the Route cause of KC being found murdered in a rubbish tip.

What we don't perhaps take into account and realise is that Children grow up so much quicker these days, what we did as kids may not be what kids now. They have far more information, connection and knowledge equally they are perhaps nieve about the bad things that can happen.

Our rationale may not marry up with the children's/ young adults rational. Therefore we should make room to explore all possibilities.

I hope LE do what they need to do and find

• The person/s responsible
  • Find an answer for the families
  • Solve the case
  • Put those responsible behind bars
  • Find out the reason why two girls were murdered

I think this is me done on this until new news comes along

KR
Reacher

I think they are perhaps related but the date maybe random. Possibly the day of week (1x Friday, 1x Monday) isn't random because only then there was an opportunity to escape his job, his wife, his girlfriend, his "elderly mother", etc.
Both days were school holidays.

I'm not entirely sure if I am allowed to post this or not or if it is already posted, but nonetheless: I was on Musical.ly and decided to look up Libby, and found her profile. If anyone's curious to look through them, there is a cute video on there of Abby and Libby that I just love. They were such sweet girls. https://www.musical.ly/h5/share/usr/63574524419465216.html

Not sure why but the 4th video where she makes the smoking a blunt/marijuana gesture gave me a bad feeling. My mind instantly raced back to the theory discussed previously about meeting up with a stranger. (Note- I do recognize the song does talk about getting high and that's why she does the gesture) but watching that just gave me a bad feeling

Those are fairly common carpenter tool pouches that you can buy at any hardware store like Home Depot. The pouches are open and most of the contents visible.

It would be out of place to wear these on a hike, and would make a suspect stand out and be memorable, particularly if he were carrying knives or other things normally not carried on a day hike.

I would expect any witnesses would have noted the odd tool pouches.

Check. I learned another lesson. Don't wear dark sunglasses when viewing images. My eyes told me those dark leather pouches snapped closed when actually they are nicely opened. Today, sans sunglasses, I clearly see a leather loop where a screwdriver or hammer would be placed.

For now, as always, I am sticking to the detail that BG is wearing an armor plated vest.

In studying his blue jeans, they seem bunched from the knees to the boots because the jeans are longer than he is tall. Sometimes shorter guys will slit the inside seam of the jeans, near the hemline about 3-4" so the legs of the jeans will fall over their boots or shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu