IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a Mod but the decision to ban the GC topic was because the discussion drifted too easily to other people who had no connection to the murders.
To my knowledge no Moderator or Administrator has ever rescinded that Case Specific Rule.

Anyone who wants to pursue that discussion please contact a Mod by PM, by alerting a post or by Emailing Websleuthscomments@gmail.com.

:wave:

Thanks for your guidance. I may follow-up on that.

Done. Maybe they'll post the guidance.

Thanks for your guidance. I may follow-up on that.

Done. Maybe they'll post the guidance.

Hi mrtnira. Steleheart is correct ... Websleuths owner, Tricia, disallowed that particular discussion because, unfortunately, some members were being irresponsible in sleuthing members of the geocaching community. That decision still stands.

I can see both sides. 1. That BG is not local, or 2. That he is local. I tend to think more so that he is local, but the people who know him don't believe that he is capable of these evil acts, or are convincing themselves that it's not him, that the sketch is inaccurate, there's been a mistake, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My final answer is I have absolutely no idea who this guy is, or where this guy is. I tend to think law enforcement might feel the same way at this time, unfortunately, moo.

My final answer is I have absolutely no idea who this guy is, or where this guy is. I tend to think law enforcement might feel the same way at this time, unfortunately, moo.
I believe this is the case. Hes gone with the wind.

The eye color thing. It's so hard to digest that one witness who wasn't sure of the eye color, except it wasn't blue, could be so believable to the investigative team. The eye color information was released, as far as I can tell, as fact. Help me understand.

If they have his DNA, doesn't that tell them his eye color?

I am still unsure of that as eye color is determined as a result of many different genes.

Maybe someone can make sense of this article from Nature Magazine:

Genetic test predicts eye colour
Forensic tool could help catch criminals.

The odds don't look good in 2009 but I know they continue to map the human genome, and are making progress. Here is a more current link, from 2012, I know they continue to map out DNA, I will try to find more recent information, but, by 2012, according to this link, they had isolated a gene that determines blue eyes 97% of the time.

https://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Eye_color
potentially functional OCA2 SNP that is part of a 13 SNP haplotype covering 166kB located at the other side of the gene has been found in 97% of individuals with blue eye color [PMID 18172690]:

5' 06" - 202 lbs (in 2013) - BRN Eyes - does it fit with BG?

:dunno:

For comparison, some of you might find this rather lengthy article about the "Alphabet Killer" (serial killer) interesting. It clearly illustrates the patterns, mindset and behaviors of a prolific, serial killer. I couldn't help but think of Abbey & Libby's Perp in comparison. Chilling, but educational.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/may/26/alphabet-murderer

I thinking the same. There is video, a voice recording, an eye witness sketch, a $250K reward and over 25K in tips. And it isn't like LE is having to search a metropolitan area like NYC or Atlanta. Yet there is no movement on this that we hear about. I believe LE has run up against a wall. Unfortunately, I'm starting to believe we won't hear from this guy again till LE finds his DNA at another crime scene.

This is one of my worries when I can’t sleep at night.

I know..., worrisome :(

I thinking the same. There is video, a voice recording, an eye witness sketch, a $250K reward and over 25K in tips. And it isn't like LE is having to search a metropolitan area like NYC or Atlanta. Yet there is no movement on this that we hear about. I believe LE has run up against a wall. Unfortunately, I'm starting to believe we won't hear from this guy again till LE finds his DNA at another crime scene.

Agreed, and very worrisome.

I am still unsure of that as eye color is determined as a result of many different genes.

Maybe someone can make sense of this article from Nature Magazine:

Genetic test predicts eye colour
Forensic tool could help catch criminals.

"Police might soon be able to tell the eye colour of criminals from DNA recovered from crime scenes, thanks to a new genetic study.

A team of scientists led by Manfred Kayser, of Erasmus University Medical Centre in Rotterdam, has developed a method that predicts eye colour with unprecedented accuracy."

(Continued in next post.)

"The researchers focused on eight genes known to be associated with eye colour. These genes code for proteins involved in the production or distribution of the iris, skin, and the hair pigments eumelanin and pheomelanin. The strongest effect on eye colour is determined by two adjacent genes,*OCA2*andHERC2, on chromosome 15, but these don't paint the full picture.

Kayser's team zeroed in on 37 sites of genetic variation in the eight genes. These sites — called single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) — are points where one of the four letters in the DNA code of chemical bases is substituted for another."

https://www.nature.com/news/2009/090309/full/news.2009.145.html

Eta: since this article is from 2009, I think there has likely been much progression in this field in the last 8 years.

Or arrested elsewhere. This has definitely happened before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, if he's been arrested for a felony, his DNA would be taken, which would produce a hit IF there is DNA in the girls' case (which I tend to think there is... due to this eye color business, moo). So, I tend to think there has not been an arrest and he likely still roams free, unless any future arrest(s) have only been misdemeanors, or the logistics re: producing a match have not been properly implemented (untested, not run nationally, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV