IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terribly written article, full of errors, but... "Nations is being held on a $10,000 bond." A mere $10K??? Does this mean that someone only needs to post that money and he would get out?
That's what I don't understand? How can they bail him ( and some reports say it was reduced to $2k) when he is wanted in another state?

Has anyone worked out if his DNA will be on file or not? If not can FBI get over to CO and get a swab immediately?

A man who was arrested in Colorado this week for threatening people with a hatchet could be linked to the murders of two Indiana teenage girls earlier this year, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/2...inked-to-murdered-indiana-teens-cops-say.html

Daniel Nations, 31, was arrested while he was driving with an expired Indiana license on Monday, FOX59 reported. The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said on Wednesday said Nations was suspected of menacing on Mount Herman Road, where a mountain bicyclist was also shot to death two weeks ago.

In the very early threads here some folks thought they saw his pants open and his junk out on the bridge. It's too difficult to say for sure but definitely possible at least.

JMO

Duh. Now I remember that.

A man who was arrested in Colorado this week for threatening people with a hatchet could be linked to the murders of two Indiana teenage girls earlier this year, police said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/2...inked-to-murdered-indiana-teens-cops-say.html

Daniel Nations, 31, was arrested while he was driving with an expired Indiana license on Monday, FOX59 reported. The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said on Wednesday said Nations was suspected of menacing on Mount Herman Road, where a mountain bicyclist was also shot to death two weeks ago.

Yes, i just read this news online! I have been away from WS for a few months due to work, but I HAD to come back when I read this news. I think there is a resemblance between the photo and the sketch: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...igated-murder-indiana-teens-article-1.3527533

I am so hopeful they caught the guy (but braced for the news if he isn't connected).

And...hello, everyone.

I think they also have to place that red car in Delphi that day as well. They already may have for all we know. You have to believe that his wife is being put through the ringer right now to remember details of what DN was doing on or around the dates the girls were murdered.

I wonder if he has a "thing" about walking trails etc? I'd like to know more about that.

From what we can glean from the various msm reports, he sounds somewhat "unhinged". Domestic violence, drugs, sexual offences. He just seems to be all over the place. Driving without a license. No respect for the "rules" of society. His FB seemed to reflect an inner struggle.

I want it to be him. It will be quite the letdown if it isn't. I also don't want this to become so tainted that we try to make the pieces fit only to screw this whole thing up.

Does he work? I'd like to know more about his supposed military service. Was he really a marine? Did he get in trouble there?

I'm taking a breath. I think he could be our guy. Please let it be him.

MOO

they dont have to place the car if they have the weapon. OMO

<modsnip>

I hope and pray he is the one so he can be brought to justice. For certain he would feel very comfortable in trails and wooded areas.

What was the name of the other killer who killed a young woman when she was hiking in the woods in north Georgia? His name has slipped my mind now but anyway he had done other killings in different states as well when he would catch the victims alone. He was what I call a nomadic serial killer murdering in different states.

Seems him being a registered sex offender his dna would be on file.

That is what I am thinking. Also I don't think ballistic tests take very long, at least not in ruling out a specific gun. Jmo

I was wondering that same thing.. I "assumed" every sex offender within a hundred miles of delphi had been questioned and cleared

They've never really said that they had BG's DNA, or fingerprints...only that there was DNA present but they weren't confirming it was his/were still testing. So perhaps they really don't have BG's so there was nothing to compare against?? I wonder...he is so transient that maybe he wasn't around to be cleared. Or he slipped through the cracks. It wouldn't be the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't doubt that this is a very bad man regardless and there's lots of them out there and it's obvious from his prior criminal record that he is not an upstanding citizen and believe me I want to be excited about this like mostly everyone else is. I'm mad and angry that I can't feel this excitement I want to. But there's just too many darn things that don't mesh that I cannot reconcile the two. I've done so much researching and digging and reading every possible outlet and Social Media Group and I've seen a lot of potential Persons of Interest come and go that seems even more likely that were not the right one either and I'm further removed from reconciling the two because Nations was in Indiana system already. he had felonies. he's a registered sex offender for life and I will actually be very upset if he turns out to be the one because someone dropped the ball then in my opinion . I also feel like this guy is much younger than what I feel Bridge guy is. And if the sketch is supposed to be very accurate then the ears are all wrong, the hair length as well.. which yes I know people can easily change their hair length but I've seen a lot of mugshots and social media pictures of Nations and it's short in all of them I don't see any of them where it comes down feathered out below his ears like the sketch guy. And there's several other reasons I just don't feel that it's him... I need more coffee

Hope this helps... :coffeeup: Thank you for the excellent insights.
Until last week I often look like BG. I shaved off my Goat for a medical proceedure but during cooler weather, in fact all winter I wear a quilted jacket with a hood. It's a Dickies similar to this - https://www.target.com/p/dickies-me...oded-quilted-shirt-jacket-navy-l/-/A-18854826
on very cold days I will put another jacket over it. Not unusual, IMO.

I also wear a Scally cap- that's what we call them in Boston

My favorite one looks similar to this.
3658.br.main.600.jpg

Also called a flat cap or duck bill. Different than a golf cap, newsboy cap, Paddy, etc. Those are all Flat caps but check out https://www.bostonscally.com/

Not just that but my jeans are Wrangler relaxed fit 34/32 that always bunch up around the shoe. The 'mom jeans' some people were calling them.:gaah:

My point is that a sketch or a picture is just so hard to match a single person to. If in addition to shaving my face, if I dumped the hat and switched to khakis, that would be worth noting. But I think with this sketch and indeed with the bridge pics and the audio, what LE is asking the public, IMO, is if you know this guy,.If you know that this guy went to the bridge that day we want to know.

What Sgt Kim Riley has said ;

“Please keep in mind the Indiana State Police has received more than a thousand photos of persons alleged to be similar in appearance to the composite sketch of the Delphi person of interest,” Riley said in a prepared statement. “Each and everyone of these tips are investigated for any potential connection to our case."
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/09/27/break-in-new-delphi-ind-double-murder/

For me DN doesn't jump out at me and the only similarities I see are 2 eyes, a nose and a goatee. JMO

However it would not be the first time that the person arrested looked nothing like the sketch.

In the picture where he has on a green stripped shirt and is skinny, my first opinion was "how did they get that sketch from this man! ".

However, once another picture of him was compared to the sketch, it blew me away of the similarities between the two! Eerily I saw the same person!

As many have mentioned, he has been hiding in plain sight! When a person such as Nations, refuses to be compliant and register as a SO, why is it ignored? Throw him in the slammer until he decides to cooperate, make him report to his probation officer more often, and the first time he skips town, prison is his home for a long time!

This bull sh** has to stop with people like him! HE is an SO who plays LE for fools and seems to walk out with little to no punishment. The weirdest part is why there is no DNA or his picture didn't come up when it was run .

Well, actually, does this mean Delphi has NO DNA, so there wasn't anything to run for a match? His DNA should be in the system because he has been in prison and he is a registered SO. RIght?

I hope and pray he is the monster we've been looking for. The sad sad thing is another young man lost his life due to this monster! LE needs to have a sit down pow wow to put the pieces together as how Nations slipped through their fingers. Prayers to this latest victim's family for a useless murder of a promising life taken too soon.

Thanks for bringing forth David Grubbs&#8217; murder. His case is local to me and I would love to see it solved! I saw David at his work a couple of hours before he was murdered. :(

Ashland is right off Interstate 5 and it&#8217;s possible the killer was someone passing through. Over the years, I&#8217;ve turned in a few possible suspects to local police based on the weapon used and I know they keep an eye out for other cases nationally.

Apologies, my head is spinning. Do we know where DN was in Nov 2011? I've been looking at trail murders. There is one on Websleuths that appears unsolved. David Michael Grubbs, walking home on a bike trail in Oregon, nearly decapitated. :(

The 23-year-old&#8217;s body was found on the Central Ashland Bike Path near the Hunter Park tennis courts at about 5:35 p.m. Saturday. Police said he had been dead less than 30 minutes when the body was discovered.

While today&#8217;s autopsy revealed that &#8220;multiple sharp force injuries to the head and neck&#8221; killed Grubbs, police have publicly identified the weapon only as &#8220;a very sharp, possibly medium to large-sized, edged weapon.&#8221;
Source: http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20111122/NEWS07/111220340

A homemade hatchet found was turned over to police:
http://www.mailtribune.com/article/20131022/News/310220308

When Ben Treiger waded into Wagner Creek behind his Talent house last December after a rainstorm, he expected to pick out the standard debris that flows into town after such an event.

This time, however, he discovered a hand-made hatchet crudely fashioned from what appeared to be a saw blade. He showed it to his wife, Rachel, who turned ashen.
&#8220;I looked at it and I was like, oh my God, that&#8217;s what they were looking for,&#8221; Rachel Treiger said.

The hatchet is one of about 80 blades, including machetes, inspected by Ashland police during their investigation of the Nov. 19, 2011, murder, which has turned cold without a suspect, police said.

Just reading the first page of posts, Ashland Oregon sounds eerily like Delphi. People left their doors unlocked. The murder location was on a bike trail near RR tracks. The websleuths link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?155330-OR-David-Grubbs-23-Ashland-19-Nov-2011

Because Colorado (teller county) can set bail at 2k, but as soon as he bonded out, he'd just be sent to another jurisdiction to face those charges.

Wow! I haven&#8217;t checked out these threads in quite a few days, but got an email from my sister to check this thread out.
I see a slight resemblance. I pray he is the guy! He seems like a wacko!!

Sorry, I don't have a quote here, but someone upthread mentioned the different colored hair. My hair changes seasonally - this time of year in the fall, I am quite blond after spending time outdoors in the summer. If I don't spend time outdoors over a summer, my hair remains dark. I'm thinking he's been outside this summer, which lightened his hair color without him actually having to change it himself.

For the, the nose is the same. His background fits as well.

Wow.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads