IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't law enforcement run DNA through fed data base hoping for a match?
DN is a registered sex offender so wouldn't his DNA have been in said data base? It concerns me that they had no DNA match.

HIs sex offender charge is several years old and from SC. Could it be his case was prior to regular DNA testing for sex offenders? Also, I think his charges were for exposing and fondling himself, so perhaps never made contact and thus DNA wasn't collected for that level of offense. If he was charged with more than that, please bring me up to date.

If anyone know the laws about this, please chime in.

jmo

I don't know about IN but in my state I read that not all SO's have their DNA in the database and not all are listed in the registry. Which to me is HORRIBLE.

He was military and they do take DNA from them in order to ID bodies, but I don't think they can use the DNA for any other purpose. I need to read up on that more, though.

Didn't law enforcement run DNA through fed data base hoping for a match?
DN is a registered sex offender so wouldn't his DNA have been in said data base? It concerns me that they had no DNA match.

how much/what type of evidence does it take to turn a into a suspect?

None. A POI can be arrested for murder without ever being deems a suspect. POI is a term of art created to make suspects less defensive and more likely to divulge info and not get an attorney.

Also, a suspect has to be read the Miranda warning. If they're just deemed a person of interest that's a bit more nebulous.

It doesn't look like False Reporting has to do with a gun purchase. It is incidents like false fire alarm, false report of a crime, providing false ID to LE. I'm wondering if he got pulled over in Georgetown, CO and gave false ID to police? But it he did that one would think he'd get hauled off to jail, where they'd figure out who he was and that he had a warrant from Marion County Indiana. MOO
Here is the Colorado code for what constitutes False Reporting:
http://www.lpdirect.net/casb/crs/18-8-111.html

Could it have to do with buying a gun??? Totally guessing here. He wasn't supposed to be allowed to purchase a gun, given his criminal background. Maybe he was charged now on the July false ID charge because that's when he purchased the gun, and he used false info to buy the gun??

Again, just guessing. jmopinion

But that doesn't explain how there was a connection made between that case and the girls.

What similarities with the Delphi case?

So people here and regular citizens noticed a similarity and contacted the police? How do we know that? That would be amazing but it would make me fear the likelihood of an ultimate connection. How did we get the news about this? Were people on here suggesting a connection prior to this news coming out?

Thanks for responding and TIA for any info you have!!!
I think the expired IN plates and the weapon in the car matching the calibre used in the murder of the trail cyclist alerted the Co LE to contact the Delphi LE. At the same time a WS'er called the FBI to provide the tip about the mugshot being similar to the Delphi sketch. The hatchet menacing and the way the cyclists body had been partially hidden may have also had some relevance for all we know as well. Oh and the murdered cyclists friend getting suspicious seeing and photographing the guy driving past the search party a couple of times. A perfect storm really .

I really hope we get a presser soon. Just give us something LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just reading over the Media thread, the early posts that document what Leazenby and LE were saying to the media very early on....February and March. Does anyone else find it curious that LE and the detectives CONSISTANTLY referred to the possibility that more than one person was involved in the murders, that the officers investigating the case were particularly disturbed by what they had found, and that there may be a twist in this case, an unusual outcome etc etc. Can't seem to bring quotes over from that thread to here. Leazenby also makes a direct appeal to the killer/killers to come forward, we can work it out, do the right thing if you know anything....the kind of softer language one would use to appeal to a female perhaps...
And now we have a possible connection with a suspect arrested in Colorado in an unrelated case, but arrested in the presence of a female, a mother, with children.
Is it also possible a woman did actually participate in the Delphi murders, willingly or against her will, and so perhaps it would be her DNA that is at the crime scene, and since she has no prior record, her DNA is not registered?
Is it possible that the girls in Delphi were in fact decapitated and, being an unusual manner of death, it was imperative that LE prevent this detail from becoming public, for obvious reasons on all levels?

Thank you for sharing the link, Lauranyc83. I’ve been looking through my browser history for two images I saw yesterday and finally relocated one on DN’s Facebook page.

A meme he shares there on May 17, 2016, shows two pics: one, a trail in a forest with the text “This is an antidepressant,” and the other picture shows a Prozac pill and the text “This is [not].” Haunting. The trail in the forest, that is.

The other photo I’ve lost track of is a mugshot of DN wearing a forest-camo shirt, looking scruffier than he does in the other handful of mugshots that come up in searches. Anyone else see it?

8c5aa1a9b27b43b91c94d8bd3635d7a0.png

Was trying to link to SillyBilly's post.

I just watched a report Alexis did 5 minutes ago on Facebook... she said that Indiana police have told her that LE is working to or has obtained Daniel Nation's DNA for comparison to the Delphi case... so now I am really stunned. I thought that Indiana had DNA on file for felons ( domestic assault conviction) Did they really not collect it? did they lose it? Here we have a known sex offender within easy driving distance of Delphi who goes missing 3 months after the murders and they haven't compared his DNA yet? I thought that LE and FBI had checked the DNA of all RSO's in Indiana... how could they not have done this?

Just reading over the Media thread, the early posts that document what Leazenby and LE were saying to the media very early on....February and March. Does anyone else find it curious that LE and the detectives CONSISTANTLY referred to the possibility that more than one person was involved in the murders, that the officers investigating the case were particularly disturbed by what they had found, and that there may be a twist in this case, an unusual outcome etc etc. Can't seem to bring quotes over from that thread to here. Leazenby also makes a direct appeal to the killer/killers to come forward, we can work it out, do the right thing if you know anything....the kind of softer language one would use to appeal to a female perhaps...
And now we have a possible connection with a suspect arrested in Colorado in an unrelated case, but arrested in the presence of a female, a mother, with children.
Is it also possible a woman did actually participate in the Delphi murders, willingly or against her will, and so perhaps it would be her DNA that is at the crime scene, and since she has no prior record, her DNA is not registered?
Is it possible that the girls in Delphi were in fact decapitated and, being an unusual manner of death, it was imperative that LE prevent this detail from becoming public, for obvious reasons on all levels?

I believe the "twist" they were referring to was simply the audio they had, and the photo. Stuff not normally seen in an investigation.

I believe the cause of death was not released to not tip off the perp to get rid of a weapon, such as a hatchet. Same goes for details like the perp exposing himself to the girls, IF that happened (I'm not saying it did!). They certainly wouldn't have wanted the perp to get rid of his hatchet, if it was a murder weapon for instance, or stop exposing himself, if that happened for instance, because those are unique factors that could lead to an eventual arrest.

I don't know about COD, it's been sealed, but I do remember how shaken LE seemed at the first presser. I remember them saying the murder was the stuff nightmares are made of. I remember them discussing a twist..

Apparently the wife was questioned but then released. All I have seen so far on her is she had a Failure to Appear warrant stemming from child support iirc. If there's something more nefarious that I missed send it my way[emoji4]

Kudo's to the friend of the cyclist for using his situational awareness and snapping a picture of the red car passing again! Makes me want to go back through all of the media footage taken, particularly the ones where RL was on his land. Could DN be in any of the media interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1