IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
good post - agree with all.

So he did check in with the Morgan Co Sheriff on February 7 and 14, which were Tuesdays. All week I've been pondering what could've brought DN to Delphi. His confirmed check-in dates change things up now.

I have run all kinds of scenarios through my head many of them don't work now because of his documented presence in Morgan County on the 7th and 14th.

I've eliminated any kind of structured work with a regular schedule (Packers plant or construction at Purdue/Lafayette was going on last winter). Drug screen required, ID and SS# for taxes, possibly a background check. And he would've had to pull off the weekday absence to travel to Morgan Co on Tuesday 2/7 to check-in. Unless he called off. But then he would've been absent again Monday 2/13. Unless he was working a 6AM -2 PM construction shift. Either way, he disappeared after 2/13. One would think given the local murders and his immediate disappearance that would be a red flag to co-workers and/or employer, in which case they'd be able to ID him to LE.

I've very difficult to envision him being unemployed, homeless and drawn to staying outdoors near Delphi. That area has some locally known recreational lakes and county parks, but mostly it's vast flat farmland with small towns. Not really known as 'the great outdoors' of Indiana. If that's what he wanted, Hoosier National Forest in southern Indiana would seem more of a draw for him. Two locations, HNF has massive hills, thick forests, rugged terrain. Depending on which one he went to, he could be 40 miles or 70 miles due south of Morgan County. Versus traveling 100 miles north to Delphi area. Unless something has happened with him in/near HNF and it was too risky for him to go back.

So why Delphi?
Did he somehow land at RL's place doing odd jobs? If the Martinsville farmer/employer didn't know his background maybe RL didn't either. Maybe he lied and told RL he had visitation with his child on Tuesdays, RL bought it and loaned him a vehicle for the day, which he used to make the trip to Morgan Co. on the 7th. The week goes on, marital stresses were building up, nicer day on the 13th, RL is in Lafayette, DN walked across the road to the trails to do his favorite thing (exposing himself), girls were a chance encounter, the switch was tripped. Then he got out of dodge in time to check-in on the 14th. This could explain LE being all over RL's buildings, RL's "in your own house" comment and towing of RL's truck?

The only other scenario I can come up with to put him in Delphi was that he was deliberately stalking young girls on SM. Logistically it would've been easier to stalk someone closer to Morgan Co given the check-ins, but then if he was planning something, he'd be too close to the scene. So did plan this well in advance and arrange a meeting, the girls innocently thinking they were meeting a boy from SM? (ETA: this would've been a more spontaneous meeting and created a quick trip up to Delphi due to school being off, but SO's have been known to travel distances to meet prey. Then there is the means of getting there, car or hitchhike?)

The above isn't really anything new. To me the verified check-ins on 2/7 & 2/14 create more of a puzzle if anything. If you read all this, thanks for indulging.

True, it sounds as if he had problems before entering the military. But it's disturbing these days how LE and the general public give a pass to anyone who is former or current military. They're automatically assumed to be virtuous, trustworthy and upstanding members of the community. Many are, but not all.

From his record, it sounds like this guy has been given one too many passes by too many people, including the military and LE.
I would substitute "pass" with can't gather enough evidence to hold him for a significant amount of time because he is moving so much. Hopefully this time they have enough to convict for something.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

So I watched the video when they unveiled the sketch and it is pretty obvious that it was developed after a woman who had been there the day Abby and Libby were killed came forward as a witness sometime later. LE even mentioned that she had been scared to come forward initially. Appears not to be something RL helped them with.
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear on what I found interesting in that quote.

From my previous post...
This sketch depicts a hat that may not be accurate. Detectives ask that you focus on the person’s facial features.

I don't feel like RL is involved in this. I just always thought that hat was wrong. I always thought it was more of a baseball cap. This is what I was getting at.

la_cavalière;13659124 said:
But if DNA was found at the scene, they would have run it through the database and hit on DN. IIRC all registered sex offenders are in the DNA database.
Maybe they did....but couldn't find him. So they finally released the sketch thinking he had skipped the area...assuming this is the guy, that's exactly what he did.

To my surprise, this case is not as public as I thought, outside of the Indiana area.

I would think LE have talked to RL and questioned him about DN being on his property around the time of the murders?
I would say "yes" and different from other posters, I think RL told them everything he knew many months ago.

Something brought him to Delphi. Was he there the entire week between court check ins? Long enough to get familiar with the surroundings and specifically RL's place?
Definition of drifter.....doesn't need a reason to drift. Makes it even sadder for these to lovely girls if this does pan out. Wrong place at the wrong time. There will never be an explanation that logical people can understand.

FWIW, go to www.familytreenow.com and enter DN name and state of Indiana. His birth year is 1985. While this website results are not always accurate, they show him living at:

General Address, Parris Island, SC 29905
(Aug 2007)
S 2nd Mar Dv, Camp Lejeune, NC 28542
(Jan 2005)
2nd Mar Dv, Camp Lejeune, NC 28542
(Jan 2005)
10 India Battery #2MAR, Camp Lejeune, NC 28542
(Jun 2004)

Results also show numerous other addresses. If one has the time and notion, they could compare these addresses with local court records to search for further criminal records.
You rock....I believe, even if he's not the BG, he has other crimes out there.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear on what I found interesting in that my quote.

From my previous post...

I don't feel like RL is involved in this. I just always thought that hat was wrong. I always thought it was more of a baseball cap. This is what I was getting at.

oops, sorry. I agree about the hat, not the right one.

Anyone know if DN is left handed or right handed? In one of his selfies, he is using left hand to hold phone. I always use my right hand since it is my dominant hand.

A pic of him on here that was yanked showed a semi-auto holster on his right leg, under the pants.

I noticed that post with the picture of the woods and then the pill below it too and found it disturbingly interesting. I thought to screenshot it but then got sidetracked.... now his profile is gone.

I am able to view his Facebook as I type this. <modsnip>

The picture you refer to says "This is an antidepressant" (woods) "This is ****" (prozac).

Is that shorthand for Dishonorable Discharge? It might be useful if someone actually knows what his job was in the Marine Corps, and what his discharge type was.

He was in 10th marine Regiment, India Battery, when he was at Lejeune.

It appears he somehow ended up in Parris Island after he was at Lejeune.

He was in 10th marine Regiment, India Battery, when he was at Lejeune.

It appears he somehow ended up in Parris Island after he was at Lejeune.

IMO, he is NOT an ex-Marine. That is a title of honor and distinction. He is a criminal that was spit out of that honorable institution. NOT a Marine.

No documentation, as far as I know - but people have been speculating that he might have FAS because of his facial features.

If multiple people from several generations of the same family all have the same features, I think it's probably genetic.

Also, I don't see any of the three defining features of FAS in DN's photos except a thin upper lip, but, a lot of healthy people of non drinking parents have thin lips, on their own, thin lips don't suggest FAS.
He has a philtrum and his eyes are not small, imo.

Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
Refinements in diagnostic criteria since 1975 have yielded three distinctive and diagnostically significant facial features known to result from prenatal alcohol exposure and distinguishes FAS from other disorders with partially overlapping characteristics.
The three FAS facial features are:
A smooth philtrum: The divot or groove between the nose and upper lip flattens with increased prenatal alcohol exposure.
Thin vermilion: The upper lip thins with increased prenatal alcohol exposure.
Small palpebral fissures: Eye width decreases with increased prenatal alcohol exposure.

<modsnip>

IMG_2590.GIF

IMO, he is NOT an ex-Marine. That is a title of honor and distinction. He is a criminal that was spit out of that honorable institution. NOT a Marine.
Correct. You can get a BCD (Bad Conduct Discharge), or an OTH (Other Than Honorable) and we'll still pretty much accept you, but you have to be a real dirty to get a Dishonorable, and at that point you're basically non-existent to us. Also, no such thing as an ex-Marine (sorry, and no offense, just always have to correct anyone that uses the term! :rockon:). Once a Marine, always a Marine. And it's not just a saying, we actually take that one pretty seriously. Source: I'm a Marine. I really hope this is the guy, but if not at least he'll be off the street for a while and maybe his wife and kids can get out from under him and find some peace and definitely a better life.

Just wondering....if he was homeless at this time, he may have been staying in an outbuilding near the bridge.

In which case LE may have found evidence of this.

All speculation of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm praying that LE took lots and lots of items into evidence from RL's building where DN might have been squatting.

Certainly not liltexans fault that there was confusion. Liltexans was doing what we normally do in the threads.

We've had to handle this thread differently than how we normally would, due to Indiana LE not officially naming DJN as either the main POI or suspect in the Delphi case where they've had thousands of tips. That may change soon, but we won't know until they make an official statement. By official statement, we're talking about a direct quote from a member of Indiana LE, not how a reporter in MSM might consider someone to be a POI.

So continue to hold back with the pics and direct accusations. Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer, but as someone posted earlier, our wait is nothing compared to what the girls' families must be going through right now. If they can wait for an answer, so can we.

Thanks for your understanding. :tyou:

Also, with the threads moving so fast, I see I mixed up Colorado LE with Indiana LE when saying that it had been requested that no pics of DJN be released. It was Colorado LE (El Paso) who asked that the booking photo not be shown, and they went on to say that Indiana LE had requested they not release any further information about their investigation.

Thanks SB ( and LT)! Finally found this post..sometimes even monkeys fall out of trees..;--)

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member