IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolded by me
Yes, he did exhibit some traits for becoming a violent sex offender.
• He has at least one assault and battery arrest;

• Tried to engaging in sexual contact with children;
• Inflicted pain on others (assault and battery charge);
• Exposed himself in a public setting; and
• Secretly watched others who were undressing, unclothed, or engaging in sexual activities.
http://csom.org/train/etiology/3/3_1.htm

I have to agree with this.

Well, we're not likely to hear anything more tonight. I'm :eek:fftobed:

Sleep well, everybody, and give your loved ones an extra hug. :grouphug:

( I'm craving a stiff drink myself.

:grouphug: )

Does anyone know how long it takes to run ballistics on a gun? How long before police in Colorado know if that's the weapon that killed Tim Watkins... I can understand doubt about Abby and Libby but I'll eat my shorts if he isn't responsible for that murder.

It doesn't seem implausible on the surface; it would be useful for having around a camp for various kinds of varmints, both rodent and human. If she was carrying it in the trunk, she wasn't intending to get to it quickly.

IMO, a 22 rifle is not an ideal gun for anyone to purchase for self protection but perfect for varmits
Reason 1- rifles are designed for a long range kill. If you are being attacked you would basically have to ask for attacker to back up a couple feet so you could place the 2-3ft long riffle between you.

Reason 2- a 22 is the smallest caliber rifle you can get. you would have to be very selective about where you shot someone to actually do enough damage to stop them, let alone kill them (head shot being your best bet, temple or eye area).

That said, some people purchase guns knowing nothing about them. SIL once purchased a rifle for protection after an assault. Unless she's going to become a sniper, its pointless. Go for a shot gun in your home or a pistol on your person.
Again, MOO.

Bolded by me
Yes, he did exhibit some traits for becoming a violent sex offender.
• He has at least one assault and battery arrest;

• Tried to engaging in sexual contact with children;
• Inflicted pain on others (assault and battery charge);
• Exposed himself in a public setting; and
• Secretly watched others who were undressing, unclothed, or engaging in sexual activities.
http://csom.org/train/etiology/3/3_1.htm

True (though I didn't know about the children charge you have listed). But still...given the violence of other known perps that LE probably looked at, this guy's rap sheet doesn't scream "Killer of random two girls at one time." The Delphi crime is a huge leap from what we know (at this point) of this guy's crimes.

But, yes, his offenses are gross and violent.

FWIW, I think it's him. My point has been that I can understand why LE didn't catch him before he left Indiana.

justmyeveroshumbleopinion

"According to court records, the 31-year-old has been on the run in Indiana since July of this year when he skipped a court appearance in Greenwood, two days after police released a sketch of the suspected Delphi killer. "

2 days after sketch was released, he went AWOL!!

The heavy-set photo of DN that was taken February 24th - 10 days after the murders - looks uncannily like him.

JMO

WG

https://www.wthr.com/article/carrol...k-between-colorado-suspect-and-delphi-murders

At around the 3.27 mark they show a mugshot of DN taken 10 days after the murders of Libby and Abby. He looks a lot fuller in the face compared to some of his other mugshots, which to me would suggest his body weight might also have been more than at other points in time. It also popped into my head about the possibility of steroid use and the anger issues that might lead to.
Agreed. Look at how much bigger he was!

Hmmm...I think thaaaats what's bothering me. I'm expecting very violent prior charges, or at least strong indicators of this in the past....we do know criminals often progress/escalate in regards to the severity of their crimes so maybe he recently snapped? BUT to the ppint of killing 2 ltitle girls? Maybe we just dont know what else hes done. Maybe there are other crimes out there (other than TW, which is obviously violent)...maybe I expect more violent charges involving young folks/ children in the past? Idk...

Who knows what anyone is capable of anymore.

This very well could be our guy. But know it also might not be, moo.

Some Sleuthers have thought there maybe a connection to drugs in this case. Is it possible with all the drug charges he's been arrested for, could have maybe been there for a drug deal? Could be a viable theory at this point.

LE has been really vague about the whole DNA thing which is frustrating from a sleuthing perspective. I have not seen anything anywhere where LE came out and said we absolutely have DNA from BG... anyone else? now they've hinted at collecting DNA evidence here and there but that's it. So nope we have no idea.

Tokyorose, there was so much initially made of potential DNA evidence that came to nothing, that I don't KNOW what to think, at this point. I do want to thank you, however, for your very excellent summaries of the recent facts, that have come to light. I find them very helpful, and I think that those just joining in this new development will find them so useful as well!. Please continue summarizing these facts for us, as they become available. You have a gift. imo ( of course.).

True (though I didn't know about the children charge you have listed). But still...given the violence of other known perps that LE probably looked at, this guy's rap sheet doesn't scream "Killer of random two girls at one time." The Delphi crime is a huge leap from what we know (at this point) of this guy's crimes.

But, yes, his offenses are gross and violent.

FWIW, I think it's him. My point has been that I can understand why LE didn't catch him before he left Indiana.

justmyeveroshumbleopinion

Ted Bundy didn't even have a rap sheet and he turned out to be a SK. Perhaps the BG took it a step further, further then he wanted too after he realized an extra girl was there for a meet up and his plans changed. JMO

Tokyorose, there was so much initially made of potential DNA evidence that came to nothing, that I don't what to think, at this point. I do want to thank you, however, for your very excellent summaries of the recent facts, that have come to light. I find them very helpful, and I think that those just joining in this new development will so useful! Please continue summarizing these facts for us, as they become available. You have a gift. imo ( of course.).

That is really kind of you to say, thank you.

It seems he has been threatening people with this hatchet for quite some time. Also, it is just so bizarre to think of a serial killer taking his family along with him on an across the country jaunt. In the pic Tim Watkins friend took he's alone in the car. Where is his family? Go along dear get some groceries while I go check on the search party for the guy I killed a few days ago..I think if he turns out to have committed these three murders then we are looking at mental competency hearings and insanity pleas. And the poor wife, I can only imagine the heat on her from authorities to give up what if anything she knows. I'd be shocked if the FBI isn't with her too. All we can do is wait for DNA if they have it, ballistics on that gun and an analysis of that hatchet. That hatchet must have a special significance of some sort to him, a gift? something of his fathers? It is very significant to him in some way.

I've been thinking about this.

The hatchet is so repulsive and gross as a weapon. A gun is scary, a knife is scary, but a hatchet is scary AND repulsive. I'm sure I'm not alone when I cringed reading that he had a hatchet - and then thought of the two sweet girls in Delphi.

From what I understand of men who expose themselves, like he had been convicted of doing, they do it to get a disgusted and shocked reaction from their victim. It's like they are proving to themselves how disgusting and repulsive they are.

So, with my armchair analysis (worth what you paid for it), the hatchet matches his self-revolusion. He's gross, his sex crimes are gross, his weapon is gross. Killing sweet, innocent girls on a lovely trail is gross.

jmopinion and speculation as we await real facts ....

"A former employer told Fox 59 that Nations often carried around a machete, and once threatened her and her family with it when he was living with her and working on their farm in 2015."

Working on their farm?!?!
RL could be connected somehow. Maybe hired him for help on his property as many have speculated.

All my own opinion

Today is the day

He was busted for going into a woman's bathroom stall and watching women (and of course masturbating). He was busted for masturbating in a Walmart parking lot and propositioning a child who saw him masturbating. He has very poor reasoning skills. H and poor sexual impulse control.

I didn't realize a child was involved. I thought his indecent exposure victims were adult women. I need to go refresh my knowledge.

jmo

Thanks to all who answered. I just found it bold for CO to come out and say there are similarities when IN hasn't said much at all.

Right, but remember these similarities are so glaringly obvious whether coincidental or not, they have to acknowledge this, anyone has to. It's undeniable, meaning while LE acknowledges these, I doesn't necessarily mean it refers to any inside case details we as the public don't know about. They could be just saying what everyone else is saying here.

Yes, thank you, that's what I'm thinking/feeling...maybe he just didn't get caught, or sudden escalation or snapping, but if the latter seems surprising, guess it's not impossible.

I'm guessing there is more, but that he didn't get caught and we just don't know about other incidents yet. Like his former employer who said he had a temper, trashed the place, carried a hatchet, and wouldn't leave.

I just can't wrap my mind around him killing two girls at one time and it being his first time doing something like that.

Something - don't know what - is still missing (though my bets are on this guy being the perp). He had to be at least somewhat familiar with the Delphi trail to know where to take them.

jmopinion

Maybe he exposed himself to the girls and they laughed or called him weirdo or gross! He could have gotten angry and punished them. His former boss said he had a bad temper and the hatchet came out when he got angry at her and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slayerwarlover