IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am another long, long time lurker. Found Websleuths due to my obsession with Jonbenet Ramsey. Followed other cases here and none of them ever affected me like this one. A few pages back (I am not quite caught up) someone wondered if the families of Libby and Abby were reading here. I was in a Facebook group discussion about DN and a question was asked about his whereabouts in June 2012. It was Elizabeth Collins' father. It broke my heart to imagine five years of searching for answers like Elizabeth and Lyric's families have had to do. I live in Iowa not too far from Evansdale. Sincerely praying that all these families get the answers they need.
Sal

Welcome.

:welcome3:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...el-nations-be-connected-to-the-delphi-murders

One thing is certain - Nations was in Indiana for most of this year and he has an extensive criminal background. His location was fairly easy to track until he went off the radar at the end of July.*

ALSO |*Former boss of Daniel Nations recalls his temper

We’ve put together a rough timeline of some of the major events that show Daniel Nations’ whereabouts over the last couple of years and how they compare with the investigation to find Libby and Abby's murderer.*

July:*Daniel Nations was arrested after deputies say he hid in the stall of a women’s restroom at a Ricker’s gas station on U.S. 31 and was caught peeping and pleasuring*himself. Court documents show he made bail for those charges but skipped his court appearance. A warrant was issued for his arrest.

December:*Daniel Nations was sentenced to several weeks in jail on a domestic violence charge in Morgan County. He served his sentence from December 15, 2015, through January 27, 2016.

August:*Daniel Nations*was arrested for driving on a suspended license in Hendricks County.

November:*Daniel*Nations was charged with possession of marijuana.

December:*Daniel Nations’ landlord filed an eviction petition in Wayne Township small claims*court.

January:*Daniel Nations registers as a homeless sex offender living in Morgan County, Indiana. He told them he was living in Marion County at the Royal Inn. Because he is homeless, he is required by law to check in every 7 days and report where he is living.

January 31:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

February 7:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

February 13:*Liberty German and Abigail Williams were reported missing after they went for a hike near the Monon High Bridge and never showed up to be picked up.

February 14:*The bodies of Libby & Abby were found less than a mile from where they were first reported missing.

February 14:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

*February 15:*Indiana state police released two grainy images of a man they say was taken from Liberty German’s cell phone during “criminal activity.”

February 21:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

February 22:*Indiana State Police released an audio clip they said was taken from Liberty German’s cell phone during “criminal activity” on the day the girls were murdered. The clip featured a man’s voice saying “down the hill.”

February 24 – 28:*Daniel Nations was incarcerated in the Morgan County jail.

February 28:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

March 6:*Daniel Nations appeared in Morgan County court.

March 7:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

​​

March 14:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

March 21:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

March 29:*Daniel Nations appeared in Morgan County court.

April 4:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

April 10:*Daniel Nations registered as a sex offender living in Johnson County at the InTown Suites in Greenwood.*

April 25:*Daniel Nations was pulled over by police in Greenwood*while driving with a suspended license and carrying marijuana. He was placed in the Johnson County jail.

July 17:*Indiana State Police released a composite sketch of the suspected Delphi killer.

July 18:*Investigation begins into Daniel Nations’ whereabouts after he failed to register his new address as part of his sex offender registry agreement and hadn’t reported his location for two months. He also missed a court appearance in Greenwood that day. After this moment, the Johnson County sheriff’s office seeks an arrest warrant for Nations for failure to register as a sex or violent offender.

September 25:*Daniel Nations was arrested in Woodland Park, Colorado at People’s Bank in a red car with an expired Indiana license plate that matched the description of a person threatening hikers with a hatchet. Police found a hatchet and a .22 caliber rifle in the car. A vehicle which matches the Colorado description is similar to the one he was driving when he was pulled over in Greenwood.*

September 27:*Johnson County Prosecutor’s office in Indiana filed a formal charge of Failure to register as a sex or violent offender against Daniel Nations.

September 28:*Daniel Nations appeared in Teller County Court for a child custody hearing. The El Paso County Sheriff also filed felony menacing and reckless endangerment charges against him that evening.

September 28:*Indiana State police were contacted by a sheriff’s department in Colorado about similarities in their case and the Delphi murders. Indiana State Police officially declared Nations a “person of interest” in the case.

September 29:*Indiana State Police sent detectives to Colorado to interview Daniel Nations and “collect evidence” to try to determine if he has any connection with the Delphi murders.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

He said part of their investigation will include comparing DN, DNA to the DNA found near the Monon High Bridge Trail, where Libby German and Abby Williams were found

Jmo, LE said RL has a connection to the case, I believe, which of course he does as the bodies were on his property, but did not say he was involved in any crime. Jmo

I don't think "he" shot Abby & Libby..IMO they wer forced "down the hill" and led to the spot their bodies were found....[emoji25]
Unfortunately, I agree with you. I just occasionally like to think it's possible that their deaths were quick and somewhat painless. Possible, but not probable. MOO

Quote below the fold, and I agree with it:

MOO is the focus should not be on DNA, the focus should be on placing someone at the CS on that day, at that time, or around the same time and place.

We've gone around and around about DNA on here, LE have not confirmed they have any specific person's DNA.

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36481251/...d-give-them-answers-on-daniel-nations-in-days

FD, how then do you interpret the information in the article linked above? It states:

"Indiana State Police said DNA evidence could give them answers on DN within the next week."

"First Sgt. Jerry Holeman said part of the investigation will include comparing N's DNA to the DNA found near the Monon High Bridge Trail, where Libby German and Abby Williams were found."

I interpret those statements as confirming that they DO have DNA of the killer. Who's DNA would they be comparing DN's to, if not the killer?

What do you believe the article is stating? Do you think the reporter is incorrect?

No snark intended at all. I'm really interested in your take on it...

Thanks...

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36481251/...d-give-them-answers-on-daniel-nations-in-days

FD, how then do you interpret the information in the article linked above? It states:

"Indiana State Police said DNA evidence could give them answers on DN within the next week."

"First Sgt. Jerry Holeman said part of the investigation will include comparing N's DNA to the DNA found near the Monon High Bridge Trail, where Libby German and Abby Williams were found."

I interpret those statements as confirming that they DO have DNA of the killer. Who's DNA would they be comparing DN's to, if not the killer?

What do you believe the article is stating? Do you think the reporter is incorrect?

Thanks...
Not my post however, what I took from that statement the other day was that it sounds like they have DNA markers yet they cannot tie it to anyone so far???

question for WSers:

if DN was your husband, brother, friend, co-worker, whatever ... and you saw the sketch ... would you think it could be him? would you call the tip line?

My answer is yes. He looks that much like the sketch IMO. His weight also appears to fluctuate significantly, which would cause him to resemble the sketch and BG image even more when he's heavier.

[...] a few months ago, when I got a niggling feeling in my stomach from a guy when I was out hiking, I took several pictures of him and his car/license plate, despite how uncomfortable doing so made me. I stared him down with my camera raised. Bless you Libby for teaching me how to be so brave. Side note, later that day, the same man assaulted a woman in a state park one town away.
http://whdh.com/news/woman-assaulted-at-callahan-state-park-in-framingham-police-say/

[...]
(rsbm)

So did you send your photos to LE?
Has he been caught/case resolved?
Don't leave us hangin' here! :scared:

My answer is yes. He looks that much like the sketch IMO. His weight also appears to fluctuate significantly, which would cause him to resemble the sketch and BG image even more when he's heavier.
Yes...me too...agree with tee's comment about weight. I'm amazed at the similarity to the drawing. Eye witness testimony is not very good.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Thanks...

I could be mistaken, I was going off of the article further up thread.

I guess what I'm driving at is there's a difference between a confirmed perp's DNA, which I don't believe has been determined, and "DNA found at the scene". Not trying to get bogged down in semantics, it's just that the article up thread about "confirmed" DNA from "the killer", from August, can't be legit.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...el-nations-be-connected-to-the-delphi-murders

One thing is certain - Nations was in Indiana for most of this year and he has an extensive criminal background. His location was fairly easy to track until he went off the radar at the end of July.*

ALSO |*Former boss of Daniel Nations recalls his temper

We’ve put together a rough timeline of some of the major events that show Daniel Nations’ whereabouts over the last couple of years and how they compare with the investigation to find Libby and Abby's murderer.*

July:*Daniel Nations was arrested after deputies say he hid in the stall of a women’s restroom at a Ricker’s gas station on U.S. 31 and was caught peeping and pleasuring*himself. Court documents show he made bail for those charges but skipped his court appearance. A warrant was issued for his arrest.

December:*Daniel Nations was sentenced to several weeks in jail on a domestic violence charge in Morgan County. He served his sentence from December 15, 2015, through January 27, 2016.

August:*Daniel Nations*was arrested for driving on a suspended license in Hendricks County.

November:*Daniel*Nations was charged with possession of marijuana.

December:*Daniel Nations’ landlord filed an eviction petition in Wayne Township small claims*court.

January:*Daniel Nations registers as a homeless sex offender living in Morgan County, Indiana. He told them he was living in Marion County at the Royal Inn. Because he is homeless, he is required by law to check in every 7 days and report where he is living.

January 31:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

February 7:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

February 13:*Liberty German and Abigail Williams were reported missing after they went for a hike near the Monon High Bridge and never showed up to be picked up.

February 14:*The bodies of Libby & Abby were found less than a mile from where they were first reported missing.

February 14:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

*February 15:*Indiana state police released two grainy images of a man they say was taken from Liberty German’s cell phone during “criminal activity.”

February 21:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

February 22:*Indiana State Police released an audio clip they said was taken from Liberty German’s cell phone during “criminal activity” on the day the girls were murdered. The clip featured a man’s voice saying “down the hill.”

February 24 – 28:*Daniel Nations was incarcerated in the Morgan County jail.

February 28:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

March 6:*Daniel Nations appeared in Morgan County court.

March 7:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

​​

March 14:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

March 21:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

March 29:*Daniel Nations appeared in Morgan County court.

April 4:*Daniel Nations checked in, in-person as part of his sex offender registry agreement.

April 10:*Daniel Nations registered as a sex offender living in Johnson County at the InTown Suites in Greenwood.*

April 25:*Daniel Nations was pulled over by police in Greenwood*while driving with a suspended license and carrying marijuana. He was placed in the Johnson County jail.

July 17:*Indiana State Police released a composite sketch of the suspected Delphi killer.

July 18:*Investigation begins into Daniel Nations’ whereabouts after he failed to register his new address as part of his sex offender registry agreement and hadn’t reported his location for two months. He also missed a court appearance in Greenwood that day. After this moment, the Johnson County sheriff’s office seeks an arrest warrant for Nations for failure to register as a sex or violent offender.

September 25:*Daniel Nations was arrested in Woodland Park, Colorado at People’s Bank in a red car with an expired Indiana license plate that matched the description of a person threatening hikers with a hatchet. Police found a hatchet and a .22 caliber rifle in the car. A vehicle which matches the Colorado description is similar to the one he was driving when he was pulled over in Greenwood.*

September 27:*Johnson County Prosecutor’s office in Indiana filed a formal charge of Failure to register as a sex or violent offender against Daniel Nations.

September 28:*Daniel Nations appeared in Teller County Court for a child custody hearing. The El Paso County Sheriff also filed felony menacing and reckless endangerment charges against him that evening.

September 28:*Indiana State police were contacted by a sheriff’s department in Colorado about similarities in their case and the Delphi murders. Indiana State Police officially declared Nations a “person of interest” in the case.

September 29:*Indiana State Police sent detectives to Colorado to interview Daniel Nations and “collect evidence” to try to determine if he has any connection with the Delphi murders.

I wonder what the child custody hearing was all about. It was pretty damn quick, like 3 days after he was apprehended.
Perhaps the children DID come to some harm in this period they were living rough and I speculate they ( the wife and DN) may have lost custody. There was no mention of the children being with them in the car - so had they left them somewhere? IMO only.
I always feel for the children in these cases [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what the child custody hearing was all about. It was pretty damn quick, like 3 days after he was apprehended.
Perhaps the children DID come to some harm in this period they were living rough and I speculate they ( the wife and DN) may have lost custody. There was no mention of the children being with them in the car - so had they left them somewhere? IMO only.

I was wondering the same. I'm curious if the children were placed in foster care at this time or with a relative caregiver. It may also be possible that his wife was advised to file an emergency petition by child protective services or a DV shelter. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

cigarette butts, water bottles, candy wrappers, search party.. they have plenty of DNA.

Yes highly possible due to their living conditions IMO since we do not have any affidavit

cigarette butts, water bottles, candy wrappers, search dogs.. they have plenty of DNA.
Agree. But, whose DNA? If none of it is a match to DN, does that rule him out? LE may have DNA they are convinced is from the killer but afaik, that hasn't been released. DNA from the vicinity and at the bridge could be linked to any number of random people and likewise, the killer may not have left any recovered DNA behind. Jmo.

I was wondering the same. I'm curious if the children were placed in foster care at this time or with a relative caregiver. It may also be possible that his wife was advised to file an emergency petition by child protective services or a DV shelter. Jmo.

Daniel Nations was a passenger in the red car, which was driven by his wife, Katelyn Nations. The couple's two children also were in the car, according to the affidavit.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jconline.com/amp/713951001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members