IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really busy atm and this is the first time I've found time to look at WS since last week but has their been a crack in this case or are we not sure.
Thank you to anyone who doesn't mind filling me in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Police review info after tip possibly links man to Delphi double homicides

http://wishtv.com/2017/10/03/police...ossibly-links-man-to-delphi-double-homicides/

snip:

In terms of this case, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said, “There’s been no charges brought against anyone.”

Leazenby said investigators are sorting through hundreds of other tips and leads.

“Someday, we will be in that courthouse across the street,” he said. “We have to make sure all the facts are lined up correctly. If we don’t, we only get one chance at this.”

BBM (do you think that part is possibly referring to DN?)

my thought too

I am almost convinced that they have a poor quality or foreign DNA sample that is proving unreliable in either ruling people in or out using DNA evidence. If they have a good quality sample that they have fast tracked, then it should be back at the latest by next Monday. If they don't have definitive results by then, then there is clearly an issue with what they have for DNA, which concerns me not only in the ability to catch Abby and Libby's killer but also in their ability to successfully prosecute because the case IMOO will be more reliant on circumstantial evidence.

Someone can give me information about DN?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

DN is a young man who has had a few run-ins with the law in a couple of states after his discharge from the military. In addition to some traffic violations, he was charges with possession of marijuana and an offense in the 'lewd and lascivious' category for exposing himself and masturbating in public - once in a ladies bathroom. He was convicted of the bathroom incident and imprisoned. Upon release he was required to register his home address and update it if he moved. He was homeless and had to report to his PO once a week, which he did until May 2017 when he and his wife and 2 children ( one only 2 weeks old at the time) moved out of a motel in IN where they had been living and which is located about 90 miles from Dephi. He has claimed that he also lived under a bridge at times.

He has other arrests and has served time in jail for other offenses.

He had an outstanding warrant issued for not appearing in court on a civil matter in which a landlord sued him for property damages.

When LE tried to contact him in July 2017, they learned he had moved and realized that he also failed to file a change of address with his PO. It is likely that a warrant for his arrest was issued at that time.

His family traveled to CO, still homeless and we think they were there by May 18. They may have lived in a shelter but it seems they were living out of her car, a red Pizm with some damage to the front and rear driver's side quarter panels and a broken tail light.

Bikers on a CO trail reported a man threatening them with a hatchet and took a photo of a car parked nearby. A biker was found murdered near the trail, shot with a .22.

The car was spotted, perhaps due to a broken tail light, and LE pulled it over. DN's wife was driving. LE found a hatchet and a .22 rifle in the vehicle - the rifle was in the trunk. She claimed to have bought it for protection.

He is not allowed to have weapons in his possession. He was taken into custody, she was not held.

When CO LE ran his name, the warrant(s) from IN showed up and CO notified IN that he was in custody. Because none of the offenses for which the warrant(s) issued were extraditable, IN LE went to CO to talk to him.

IN LE has returned.

DN is a young man who has had a few run-ins with the law in a couple of states after his discharge from the military. In addition to some traffic violations, he was charges with possession of marijuana and an offense in the 'lewd and lascivious' category for exposing himself and masturbating in public - once in a ladies bathroom. He was convicted of the bathroom incident and imprisoned. Upon release he was required to register his home address and update it if he moved. He was homeless and had to report to his PO once a week, which he did until May 2017 when he and his wife and 2 children ( one only 2 weeks old at the time) moved out of a motel in IN where they had been living and which is located about 90 miles from Dephi. He has claimed that he also lived under a bridge at times.

He had an outstanding warrant issued for not appearing in court on a civil matter in which a landlord sued him for property damages.

When LE tried to contact him in July 2017, they learned he had moved and realized that he also failed to file a change of address with his PO. It is likely that a warrant for his arrest was issued at that time.

His family traveled to CO, still homeless and we think they were there by May 18. They may have lived in a shelter but it seems they were living out of her car, a red Pizm with some damage to the front and rear driver's side quarter panels and a broken tail light.

Bikers on a CO trail reported a man threatening them with a hatchet and took a photo of a car parked nearby. A biker was found murdered near the trail, shot with a .22.

The car was spotted, perhaps due to a broken tail light, and LE pulled it over. DN's wife was driving. LE found a hatchet and a .22 rifle in the vehicle - the rifle was in the trunk. She claimed to have bought it for protection.

He is not allowed to have weapons in his possession. He was taken into custody, she was not held.

When CO LE ran his name, the warrant(s) from IN showed up and CO notified IN that he was in custody. Because none of the offenses for which the warrant(s) issued were extraditable, IN LE went to CO to talk to him.

IN LE has returned.

IMO he is not well mentally. I mean unstable. For me the killer is someone more intelligent, cold. I feel that the evidence is merely a scheme from him.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

So we have more time to ponder all the unanswered questions.

What is it about this case that has made LE state almost from the beginning that it's going to take a long time to solve it? What is it that causes "the twist" and makes it so complicated?

Regarding Daniel Nation's exposure episodes... I wonder if he started smoking weed (arrested for possession) in hopes of calming his urges down. I suspect he did some synthetic weed and that might be why he acted so crazy at times.

IN LE has returned.

RBBM
Does anyone know if this requires DNA to be submitted in the state(s) where these incidents took place? It's a SO but not a SA.
I've been wondering if his DNA was on file prior to his arrest in CO last week. According to the link I posted upstream, CO requires a DNA sample during a felony arrest. I'm trying to determine if he was in a database prior to his most recent arrest.
TIA

Hard to believe DNA would be a problem, these days they can take it from a pin-head practically. And the girls were found very quickly. If they indeed have DNA.

Is there a chance this guy can make bail and can walk....even before they can rule him in or out?

My heart is heavy. I was hoping our current POI would be a suspect by now or ruled out completely. I want justice for these girls taken by evil.
I feel for their families and community. Their innocence was taken too.
I feel for KN, she is now in a position to hear "honey I'm home" from a man that re-inacts scenes from the shining when he doesn't get his way. I'm sure she is terrified about her future and the future of her children.
I feel for her children. Wow - I only hope they are too young to remember.
I hope DN gets help - he has been struggling for over a decade and I'm afraid of dire consequences.
If he's not our guy then I hope this attention sheds light on the guilty party to the right person.
MHO

If LE has indeed collected foreign DNA from the scene(s) and haven't yet developed a proper profile then it is useless and LE has no choice but to rely on DN interviews, BG-appearance witnesses and a bunch of dumb luck.

Of course there is the audio recording from one of the girl's mobile phone... is DN's voice a match? Again, recent print articles offer no reference to this element of the case.
I would think that KN above all would be able to identify her husbands voice if it is one in the same.

Is there a chance this guy can make bail and can walk....even before they can rule him in or out?

From what I understand from various news reports, DN is being held on a probation violation in Teller County (being in possession of a weapon) and his bail is $2000.00. There is a SEALED warrant in San Jose County where Tim Watkins was murdered, and where people reported being harassed with a hatchet. If DN is able to bond out of Teller County(which I doubt), he might then be arrested on the warrant from San Jose. I don't think there is any reason to think he's going anywhere, and maybe that is giving ISP a chance to take their time and avoid any mistakes with their evidence. jMO

My heart is heavy. I was hoping our current POI would be a suspect by now or ruled out completely. I want justice for these girls taken by evil.
I feel for their families and community. Their innocence was taken too.
I feel for KN, she is now in a position to hear "honey I'm home" from a man that re-inacts scenes from the shining when he doesn't get his way. I'm sure she is terrified about her future and the future of her children.
I feel for her children. Wow - I only hope they are too young to remember.
I hope DN gets help - he has been struggling for over a decade and I'm afraid of dire consequences.
If he's not our guy then I hope this attention sheds light on the guilty party to the right person.
MHO

RBBM
I have to keep reminding myself that real life isn't wrapped up with a happy ending in 60 minutes including commercials! Hang in there! LE is going to find BG and have enough for a conviction if it turns out to be DN or not. It's just going to take time.
I completely agree with the rest of your post, too
JMO.

From what I understand from various news reports, DN is being held on a probation violation in Teller County (being in possession of a weapon) and his bail is $2000.00. There is a SEALED warrant in San Jose County where Tim Watkins was murdered, and where people reported being harassed with a hatchet. If DN is able to bond out of Teller County(which I doubt), he might then be arrested on the warrant from San Jose. I don't think there is any reason to think he's going anywhere, and maybe that is giving ISP a chance to take their time and avoid any mistakes with their evidence. jMO

Thanks! Makes sense!

It is highly likely Indiana has to wait their turn with DN, too. They may have what they need, but need to let CO/Teller/SJ Counties work their investigations.

It is El Paso county where Tim Watkins was murdered. Where did you read there's a sealed warrant? That doesn't sound right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1