IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A warrant is an accusation. It's not a conviction.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
IMO being a non compliant sex offender and ignoring the orders of a court are serious and are actually based on previous convictions anyway. So I disagree with you here. He does not respect authority that is clear and that is why he is now in jail.

I am wondering why he wasn't held for the warrants at this point? He had 2 warrants for failure to appear - are they only good for when he is in that county?
One failure to appear was to possibly revoke probation and he would have to serve time.
He obviously thought it wise to not use his real identity. Why on earth did he walk the streets after it was determined who he was?
I'm wondering if it this may have prompted his SA officer to check on his whereabouts.
He thought he would continue to evade LE like he has previously. It has now caught up with him. A lot of felons are like this and run away to evade capture so they can carry on doing what they do. 23% non compliant sex offenders in Indiana was referred to a day or so ago.

IMO being a non compliant sex offender and ignoring the orders of a court are serious and are actually based on previous convictions anyway. So I disagree with you here. He does not respect authority that is clear and that is why he is now in jail.
I wasn't talking about previous convictions, though we have almost no information about the actual circumstances. I was talking about the rush to judge him in the current case(s).

No, he is not a model citizen and no, I am not trying to excuse his behavior. But he had up until recently been conscientious about registering so without further evidence I'm not willing to convict him of double murder just based on his past. There are hundreds of thousands of people in the country with similar rap sheets (do people still call them that?) who never escalate beyond that level of...I hesitate to call it minor crime, because it's not, but compared to rape and murder it is.

I wasn't talking about previous convictions, though we have almost no information about the actual circumstances. I was talking about the rush to judge him in the current case(s).

No, he is not a model citizen and no, I am not trying to excuse his behavior. But he had up until recently been conscientious about registering so without further evidence I'm not willing to convict him of double murder just based on his past. There are hundreds of thousands of people in the country with similar rap sheets (do people still call them that?) who never escalate beyond that level of...I hesitate to call it minor crime, because it's not, but compared to rape and murder it is.

I totally hear what you're saying (though I still am *almost* certain he is BG....but I have some doubts too) - and what really perplexes me is the big jump from his previous crimes to double murder.

That really does baffle me, to go from exposing himself to killing two teens! I know it's possible, but it just is such a big jump.

One explanation is that he didn't do it.

There are missing pieces to this case, for sure. I'm still thinking he is BG, but the main thing is I want the right perp caught and convicted.

jmopinion, subject to change

He's not in prison for rape and murder but for the other things. I don't call Sex offences and DV minor. Shoplifting or driving without a licence or similar maybe, but these are exactly the type of crimes that lead to the other two in my mind. The current offences he has been charged with are very serious, menacing with a hatchet, unlawful possession of a weapon and assault inside a vehicle. One step below rape and murder only IMO so the escalation is apparent. He has not been registered since May - that is not recent but is 5 months.

I totally hear what you're saying (though I still am *almost* certain he is BG....but I have some doubts too) - and what really perplexes me is the big jump from his previous crimes to double murder.

That really does baffle me, to go from exposing himself to killing two teens! I know it's possible, but it just is such a big jump.

There are missing pieces to this case, for sure. I'm still thinking he is BG, but the main thing is I want the right perp caught and convicted.

In the interview the reporter had with his grandma,she said that DN was having an argument with the lady and then he pulled down his pants.Usually when folks have an argument,there is anger or frustration.Kinda says something about him that his "go-to" instinct was to pull down his pants and expose himself when he got angry or frustrated.I would expect a shrink or two we have around here to weigh in on that.Who knows what the factors for a "jump" would be to kill.My opinion on sex offenders is that there is no help for them and should be disposed of.Work that out however you like,but they shouldn't be put back on the street.

DN was ticketed in Georgetown, CO on July 18 for providing false identification to a police officer.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
That's the same day the Greenwood LE discovered he was no longer at his motel address. So there would not have been an alert out at all at this time I have just realised. Luck was still with him at that point IMO.

In the interview the reporter had with his grandma,she said that DN was having an argument with the lady and then he pulled down his pants.Usually when folks have an argument,there is anger or frustration.Kinda says something about him that his "go-to" instinct was to pull down his pants and expose himself when he got angry or frustrated.I would expect a shrink or two we have around here to weigh in on that.Who knows what the factors for a "jump" would be to kill.My opinion on sex offenders is that there is no help for them and should be disposed of.Work that out however you like,but they shouldn't be put back on the street.
My feeling on this is he told his Grandma a lie. Most likely not a first. I bet she doesn't know about all the other stuff either.
I would rather have my car stolen any day over discovering I was in a restroom with a sexual predator "pleasuring himself".
What surprises is me is that people murder everyday with no criminal record and just because this guy doesnt have rape/murder on his record, he is being dismissed. I wonder if he had NO criminal record if some could accept that he could be the murderer of these beautiful girls.

Now that DN is being charged with Trespassing and Assault
https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.co...dditional-charges-of-trespassing-assault/amp/

My mind is running! What if DN is being charged with Trespassing for breaking into KN's car and assaulting her or the children. In one of the previous news links I remember reading that the passenger window was broken. In CO breaking into another's motor vehicle is considered a Second Degree Criminal Trespass!
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/colorado-law/colorado-criminal-trespass-laws.html

My feeling on this is he told his Grandma a lie. Most likely not a first. I bet she doesn't know about all the other stuff either.
I would rather have my car stolen any day over discovering I was in a restroom with a sexual predator "pleasuring himself".
What surprises is me is that people murder everyday with no criminal record and just because this guy doesnt have rape/murder on his record, he is being dismissed. I wonder if he had NO criminal record if some could accept that he could be the murderer of these beautiful girls.

I don't think he is being dismissed as much as people are acknowledging that we don't know the full story and are acknowledging it's possible this isn't the guy.

jmopinion

Edited to add: I still lean toward DN = BG, FWIW.

Before working with juvenile sex offenders, I wanted to believe that all offenders could be rehabilitated. However, I just don't believe this any more. There just doesn't seem to be any effective rehab for a sex offender.

In my opinion KN was basically a hostage. She told the court she was afraid of him. He probably took advantage of her pregnancy to say basically you are unprotected (and can't run) I know where you live so do as I say.

I think the parts are there--- Heres the math:

sex offences + hiding and stalking victims in a bathroom + domestic violence + threatening with statements he would kill the person + chasing and threatening a victim with a hatchet = potential for all to happen at once.

There still has to be evidence that he was there for an arrest, not just a good lead.

He's not in prison for rape and murder but for the other things. I don't call Sex offences and DV minor. Shoplifting or driving without a licence or similar maybe, but these are exactly the type of crimes that lead to the other two in my mind. The current offences he has been charged with are very serious, menacing with a hatchet, unlawful possession of a weapon and assault inside a vehicle. One step below rape and murder only IMO so the escalation is apparent. He has not been registered since May - that is not recent but is 5 months.
That's why I said I wasn't going to call it minor.

Yes, his charges are serious. IF he is guilty, it seems like escalation. I certainly think he COULD be guilty of everything he's charged with and everything we've speculated.

But we don't know yet, that's all I'm saying. He could just be a loser.

He obviously didn't have his hatchet with him to menace her with that day. That is a serious problem.

shouldn't be long now.

I think he is the logical suspect, but also the logistical suspect. All of the profiles work, all the estimates of proximity and motive...and now the likely murder weapon.

Hatchet Man.
Dan the Hatchet Man.

works for me.

MOO

He fits the profile imo. A violent sex offender, homeless at the time, serious anger issues, looks like the composite and the BG. MMO IMO. DNA and weapon will confirm. Foot and tyre prints possibly also. Point taken that murders are committed daily without such prior history but they are rarely stranger murders .

honestly, we don't know what all he has done and gotten away with...he seems to have nothing better to do beyond violating people and committing crimes all day.

think of all the days we don't know about, all his little trips here and there, all the unsolved cases , here and there.
not his first rodeo, not by a long shot.

wonder if they do hatchets in combat training in the Marines?

I cant even look at him, he terrifies me.

MOO
MOO

Excellent post.

I have worked with many drug addicts, homeless and mentally ill people. Being those things does not take away your morality or humanity. When a person moves to start hurting others, that is a action that is completely seperate from poverty, homelessness and mental illness -
Some drugs simply mess with your consciousness but taking some drugs lowers inibition to violence so taking those drugs, is in kind of a higher level choice making - that should that drug work that way on them, make them violent and harm others -- on some level they are OK with that. t

There are two types of crimes in my opinion here:

1.Survival type -The ordinary homeless and down on luck lawbreaking, tresspassing to sleep somewhere, failing to pay register a car, taking drugs or drinking when there is not anticipation of violence, just getting high or drunk.

2. Harm to others - Exposing himself and masterbating, stalking in a bathroom and peeping, chasing two people in Indiana with a hatchet, domestic violence, and intimidating people with implied violence.

99%of homeless and mentally challenged peoople are just the same as any one else morally. They don't harm - although they do things to get by and often then get a criminal record.

So in category 2, DN has been pretty lucky in not being reported and jailed for a long time for his acts.
His life is very sad.The lives and pasts of so many homeless and mentally ill are incredibly sad.
But their poverty doesn't make them harm others. Their choices keep their lawbreaking in category 1, survival type crimes.

When DN at the top of his game as a Marine to start masterbating in front a woman and her child, he made a choice, their fear and terrible experience didn't matter.
AND the Marines didnt give up on him immediately. I think the Marine shrink looked at his background and tried to give him a second chances.

DN may or may not be involved in Delphi. Its his choices to intimidate or harm others that makes him a strong possiblity.
He will be eliminated if he wasn't there. They need evidence he was there to arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal